Unanswered Dealing with adrenal fatigue/adrenal insufficiency

SmokeTimer

Awards
Some acknowledge the term adrenal fatigue while some says the term is bs and its adrenal insufficiency. Either way I'm currently dealing with this issue and was seeing if anybody had any recommendations on fixing this.

For years I've had that "tired but wired" feeling. Meaning I wake up tired, feel tried throughout the day, then at night I feel like I get a second wind and having trouble going to sleep. When it comes to lifting, my motivation is shot and I have to drag myself to the gym but of course I still go because its what I love to do.

I did a 24 hour saliva test and it surprised me. I knew it was bad but not that bad lol. I'll post my results below

My cortisol levels are super low in the morning which explains why I feel like a zombie and it curves up when its supposed to go down. So my levels are backwards. My DHEAS levels are super low also which I'm guessing is a result of my messed up cortisol profile. They got my age wrong. I'm actually 29 not 34 so that makes my DHEAS levels are even worse.

I've already starting trying to fix my sleep by getting to bed before 12am and taking 3mg melatonin. It has fixed my wired at night feeling somewhat.

Any other suggestions on supps I can take to help bring my levels back to normal?

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn. This is so me. Tired and slow during the day and energized too late.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
saliva tests are not very reliable.

there is no such thing as "adrenal fatigue"

if you have a hormonal imbalance discuss appropriate treatment options with your doctor.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Adrenal fatigue is not a thing. Your adrenal glands don’t get tired.

Adrenal insufficiency is a thing, but if you had it, it would have been diagnosed a long time ago.

You probably just need more rest. Get on a regular sleep schedule, maybe take a short break from the gym, try and get recovered. No need to make up diagnoses.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've already starting trying to fix my sleep by getting to bed before 12am and taking 3mg melatonin. It has fixed my wired at night feeling somewhat.
Well this would be the first thing I’d look at. Just get on an actual sleep cycle and go to bed earlier.

SmokeTimer

Awards
saliva tests are not very reliable.

there is no such thing as "adrenal fatigue"

if you have a hormonal imbalance discuss appropriate treatment options with your doctor.
From what I've seen, saliva test are very reliable for cortisol. Can you link me to a reliable study that says saliva testing for cortisol is not reliable?

Not to get caught up on the adrenal fatigue wording. I just used that as a term since its the popular catch phrase for people with messed up cortisol levels since that is what it ultimately comes down to. It's not the actual adrenal that is causing the issue, but more of an underlying issue that is effecting the adrenals.

SmokeTimer

Awards
Adrenal fatigue is not a thing. Your adrenal glands don’t get tired.

Adrenal insufficiency is a thing, but if you had it, it would have been diagnosed a long time ago.

You probably just need more rest. Get on a regular sleep schedule, maybe take a short break from the gym, try and get recovered. No need to make up diagnoses.
I don't have a GP and its been effecting me for awhile so yes, it can have went undiagnosed for a long time.

I took off lifting for over a year and a half before and it really didn't have an effect at all. I still felt like crap. There was a point in time were I trained super hard and dieted super hard as well. Ever since then I have felt my body hasn't properly recovered from that point in time. Not sure how to really address the issue.

From my results you can clearly see that something is not right with my levels.

SmokeTimer

Awards
Well this would be the first thing I’d look at. Just get on an actual sleep cycle and go to bed earlier.
I've been trying but its a bit of a catch 22. You need to go to sleep earlier but when you are wired and can't sleep it makes it damn near impossible to do so.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've been trying but its a bit of a catch 22. You need to go to sleep earlier but when you are wired and can't sleep it makes it damn near impossible to do so.
Ya I know it’s tough and I don’t mean to make light of the challenge or issue. I’d just research sleep habits and setting up a good sleep cycle, again even if it isn’t easy that will be the most productive route IMO.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Dealt with something like this a few years back. Saw every Doctor and found that it took time to pass and sucks straight through. Relaxed when I could as well as focused on pushing my body when exhaustion hit. Not much helped but time.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Dealt with something like this a few years back. Saw every Doctor and found that it took time to pass and sucks straight through. Relaxed when I could as well as focused on pushing my body when exhaustion hit. Not much helped but time.

TheSuppGuy

TheSuppGuy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Train hard, but don't overdo it if you are natural and especially if you don't have a good recovery atm.

Check your hormone levels and make sure you have optimal testo etc since low testo have similar symptoms.

Don't consume pre workouts.

Don't consume more than 350-400mg of caffeine. If you need, try a total stim break with plenty of water.

Don't drink liquids before bed since you will go to the bathroom during the night. Make sure to try and train EARLY rather than later during the day, so your body has enough time to get into a rest mode.

Eat right and tell us more about what issues you believe can cause it.

I like to sleep 10 hours. When I don't sleep, I try and get sleepy (before bed). Every morning I feel like a new person believe it or not. It is the best feeling in life. And the recovery is out of this world. I don't take pre workouts unless I have a hard leg day maybe, eveb then, low dose. When you get sufficient sleep, dieting is MUCH easier.

Try the 0 stim and caffeine thing with plenty of water + sleep. Reduce training to moderate and do big movements when you train. Look forward to it and check other factors as hormones. I think your life will be so much better.

What job do you have?

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How does this help?
It helps provide energy to cells.
Because CoQ10 is involved in energy production, it's believed that this supplement might improve your physical performance.

There is a german study that said 300mg is the right spot for physical performance. Only like 22 per bottle to see if it helps.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I may recommend trying Iconic Formulations Neuro P5, it's our topical pregnenolone.

Ends tomorrow, but we're offering a BOGO deal on our Neuro P5 and Neuro DHEA (can mix and match).

The feedback on the Neuro P5 has been really solid and it could be a relatively inexpensive experiment to see if it helps. I would start with applying .5-.75ml first thing in the morning.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I deal with not sleeping until after midnight as well, mostly due to my career being pure stress. What works best for me is focusing in a sleep schedule.

1. Workout hard to tire myself out
2. No caffeine after 1pm
3. Stop TV/cellphone/video games at least an hour before bed.
4. 2mg melatonin about 2 hours before bed (recommended when resetting schedule)
5. Read before bed or try meditation or something that calms you down.

I have less time to myself as I work until 8-9 every night, but I feel better throught the day at work.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any lifestyle stress? I used to convince myself I had all kinds of possible issues but once I ended a bad relationship, everything fixed itself after a few months

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I may recommend trying Iconic Formulations Neuro P5, it's our topical pregnenolone.

Ends tomorrow, but we're offering a BOGO deal on our Neuro P5 and Neuro DHEA (can mix and match).

The feedback on the Neuro P5 has been really solid and it could be a relatively inexpensive experiment to see if it helps. I would start with applying .5-.75ml first thing in the morning.
bump