RPN, needs more testers for a new Soap

Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    30g....is that helping, at all??
    I think its starting to, i'm about 8 days in now. I've gained about 5-6 or so pounds and i'm confident its lean, plus getting a little bit of mood elevation and I think also joints are feeling better. Its from Charles Poliquin's recommendations, i'm going to do it for the next few weeks and see how it goes.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I think its starting to, i'm about 8 days in now. I've gained about 5-6 or so pounds and i'm confident its lean, plus getting a little bit of mood elevation and I think also joints are feeling better. Its from Charles Poliquin's recommendations, i'm going to do it for the next few weeks and see how it goes.
    How much DHA/EPA ??

    I think this is a very irresponsible recommendation by Poloquin, unless he has justified it somewhere ...
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by fitnecise View Post
    How much DHA/EPA ??
    Good question.

  4. Are you taking in other fat sources, I would imagine a variety would be much better than a heaping of fish oil..avocado and sesamin are both fats I've found to be pretty skin-friendly

  5. Quote Originally Posted by fitnecise View Post
    How much DHA/EPA ??

    I think this is a very irresponsible recommendation by Poloquin, unless he has justified it somewhere ...
    Why would it be irresponsible? USRDA for a 2000 calorie diet is 103g of fat total for the day, so whats the harm of 1/3 of it being fish oils vs other oils? Is beef or pork fats that much better for you somehow?

    In 5g worth of what i'm taking its 554mg of EPA and 369 of DHA. so

    EPA - 3324mg
    DHA - 2214mg

    a 4-capsule serving of Biotest's Flameout:

    DHA: 2200 mg.
    EPA: 880 mg.

    So dha wise, taking in 30g of fish oil is about equivalent to flameout's normal dose, has lots more EPA. I take 6g of CLA a day too.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    Are you taking in other fat sources, I would imagine a variety would be much better than a heaping of fish oil..avocado and sesamin are both fats I've found to be pretty skin-friendly
    I'm calling you out on a technicality Sesamin is not a fat; it is a phytoestrogen. Sesame Seed oil is a good source of mono/poly unsaturated fats.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    Are you taking in other fat sources, I would imagine a variety would be much better than a heaping of fish oil..avocado and sesamin are both fats I've found to be pretty skin-friendly
    Eh, I figure a month or two of this can't hurt. So far I feel like i'm having less joint pain and good mood elevation, and seeming to add lean mass at a rate as if I was taking anabolic steroids. So i'll ride it out a few weeks, see how it goes.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    I'm calling you out on a technicality Sesamin is not a fat; it is a phytoestrogen. Sesame Seed oil is a good source of mono/poly unsaturated fats.
    Grrrr I'm sorry, I do apologise, of course you are correct, it is actually a lignan.


    Oh..Saw your newly designed product, props to that

  9. Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    Grrrr I'm sorry, I do apologise, of course you are correct, it is actually a lignan.
    I'm just busting your chops. (a lignan is a type of phytoestrogen, in case anyone is curious)

    Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe
    Oh..Saw your newly designed product, props to that
    Thanks

  10. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Eh, I figure a month or two of this can't hurt. So far I feel like i'm having less joint pain and good mood elevation, and seeming to add lean mass at a rate as if I was taking anabolic steroids. So i'll ride it out a few weeks, see how it goes.
    okay, I do recall reading that an excessive amount may hinder strength gains, due to its effects on inflammation and the immune system, so maybe pay attention to that this month

  11. Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    okay, I do recall reading that an excessive amount may hinder strength gains, due to its effects on inflammation and the immune system, so maybe pay attention to that this month
    Thank god i'm a poser, I could care less if I can't bench press 100 lbs so long as I look good But thanks!

  12. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Why would it be irresponsible? USRDA for a 2000 calorie diet is 103g of fat total for the day, so whats the harm of 1/3 of it being fish oils vs other oils? Is beef or pork fats that much better for you somehow?

    In 5g worth of what i'm taking its 554mg of EPA and 369 of DHA. so

    EPA - 3324mg
    DHA - 2214mg

    a 4-capsule serving of Biotest's Flameout:

    DHA: 2200 mg.
    EPA: 880 mg.

    So dha wise, taking in 30g of fish oil is about equivalent to flameout's normal dose, has lots more EPA. I take 6g of CLA a day too.
    Ok thats not so bad. If the caps were higher then you might have a problem, you obviously don't want to go too high. The body is very efficient at snatching up DHA at least.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by fitnecise View Post
    Ok thats not so bad. If the caps were higher then you might have a problem, you obviously don't want to go too high. The body is very efficient at snatching up DHA at least.
    I'm taking liquid not caps, it would be a complete pain to do 30 caps a day :P I looked at the math on the dha/epa, (damn i'm still hijacking the soap thread over fish) and its not that much. If you look at this

    2005 DGAC report - Addendum A: EPA and DHA Content of Fish Species

    you can see you get almost 1.5g of DHA from a 100g salmon fillet. Considering thats not quite 4oz, and I usually have more than that, I think hitting 4-5g of DHA isn't bad, as I could easily do it fish based in a meal rather than taking oils. The pity is that most fish oils have more EPA than DHA, where from what I've read its probably better the other way around.

  14. lets make some fish oil soap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

  15. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    lets make some fish oil soap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    This is actually something on my list to try. I already make a pretty kickass blend using Enova, avocado, flax, and a few other oils (notably the pumpkin oil, which is amazing).

    If I can get a decent soap out of fish oil without the smell, then I think it would be excellent.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  16. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    This is actually something on my list to try. I already make a pretty kickass blend using Enova, avocado, flax, and a few other oils (notably the pumpkin oil, which is amazing).

    If I can get a decent soap out of fish oil without the smell, then I think it would be excellent.
    Maybe sea salt, lemongrass oil and ginger would help it hide? trying to think of smells in the same direction scentwise that could be sharp + crisp enough to cover it.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    This is actually something on my list to try. I already make a pretty kickass blend using Enova, avocado, flax, and a few other oils (notably the pumpkin oil, which is amazing).

    If I can get a decent soap out of fish oil without the smell, then I think it would be excellent.
    Other than scent, what sort of benefits come from make soap from various oils? I would think fish oil fatty acids would be expensive to be destroying with lye.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    This is actually something on my list to try. I already make a pretty kickass blend using Enova, avocado, flax, and a few other oils (notably the pumpkin oil, which is amazing).

    If I can get a decent soap out of fish oil without the smell, then I think it would be excellent.
    i wanted the smell........i was joking in the first place but if it has benefiets without the smell it would be interesting to see what they are.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Tkenshin View Post
    eta?
    In-house is finishing up...but I found an ingredient I wanted to add last minute.

    Cooking up a new batch this week, same scent and basic composition. I will announce testers this Monday.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  20. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    In-house is finishing up...but I found an ingredient I wanted to add last minute.

    Cooking up a new batch this week, same scent and basic composition. I will announce testers this Monday.
    nice...it'll go well with my Jumbo Java and liquid java, which im sure my girlfriend will steal the minute I get it.

  21. I got soem stretch marks and scars years ago from Skateboarding. I also got a few stab scars from a Doctor that didnt perform an operation correctly. I also have burnt off mole scars.. Im ordering a batch from Nutra when the freaking Glutamine comes in and if its possible to test Java and possible to put it in the Nutra order, that'l work
    Facebook Great Physique Fitness
    Twitter SmetonFitness
    Youtube JohnSmetonFitness1

  22. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    I got soem stretch marks and scars years ago from Skateboarding. I also got a few stab scars from a Doctor that didnt perform an operation correctly. I also have burnt off mole scars.. Im ordering a batch from Nutra when the freaking Glutamine comes in and if its possible to test Java and possible to put it in the Nutra order, that'l work
    Your feedback has been valuable to us several times. Indicate to Darren in the comments section that I authorized a sample for you. I will email him the same info.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  23. No need for testers just get it to production so I can order some. I only use java lather right now and find it actually seems to help control acne.

  24. Is this still the same formula that was listed a few weeks ago?I remember things like green tea, sesamin,rk's,etc..It was a pretty impressive formula, and looked very solid.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-24-2013, 11:09 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 03:58 PM
  3. Replies: 159
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 08:03 PM
  4. Need 3 testers for the new NeuroStim+C capsules
    By Beast in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Log in
Log in