RPN, needs more testers for a new Soap

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
minocycline o.0 never heard of it in that case. i only know of antibiotics which im on ( and sucks ) and accutane.

edit- win win is right :D!
I switched doctor's when they were getting ready to switch me to accutane (I think it was accutane, I was 14 when this happened). The doc rattled off several of the nasty side effects, and my parent's said "Goodbye".

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I switched doctor's when they were getting ready to switch me to accutane (I think it was accutane, I was 14 when this happened). The doc rattled off several of the nasty side effects, and my parent's said "Goodbye".
lol. side effects include? I heard about accutane having tons of side effects but what are some of them? I believe that it causes you to sweat less by closing your sweat glands of some sort?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Increased triglyceride levels. I think he mentioned something about it affecting cholesterol. Headaches. Muscleaches. Depression (thoughts of suicide). He pretty much told us "This is pretty dangerous, hardcore sh*t." and it's only given for very severe cases.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Increased triglyceride levels. I think he mentioned something about it affecting cholesterol. Headaches. Muscleaches. Depression (thoughts of suicide). He pretty much told us "This is pretty dangerous, hardcore sh*t." and it's only given for very severe cases.
wow. thats crazy. Ive heard of the cholesterol part before. as well as depressions. I think those are just some of the sides tho as theres probably a list of it ( birth defects for pregnant women ) and such. I dont think my acne is hardcore enough to take accutane. altho nothing else seems to be working.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
wow. thats crazy. Ive heard of the cholesterol part before. as well as depressions. I think those are just some of the sides tho as theres probably a list of it ( birth defects for pregnant women ) and such. I dont think my acne is hardcore enough to take accutane. altho nothing else seems to be working.
Yeah the side effects are definitely something to be aware of with accutane. But once you've run the gamut of prescription topical creams and gels and antibiotic pills, accutane is the next logical and most potent step. Drawbacks are definitely the monthly blood tests (checking liver values I believe) and susceptibility to depression and everything that can come with that. Your doctor will know what's right for you after you take the initial blood tests and answer his questions.

It is some crazy stuff though...I took it in high school after I tried many other options without much ado. First your skin gets EXTREMELY oily...it's pretty ridiculous. Then it jumps to the exact polar opposite and dries up like a desert...so dry that your skin peels off all day. Then after that your skin returns to normal and your acne is basically gone.

There's really nothing to fear with accutane as long as you listen to your doc and keep him informed on your status (and don't drink or do roids duh :) ). If you go in with the fear of depression you probably will have already planted the seed in your mind and it could possibly happen psychosomatically.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
minocycline has been noted to make user's "have a changed personality/way of thinking"

That was one of the warnings I saw on the label, I think I've taken every prescription acne drug there is. The doc eventually took me off minocycline because "it wasn't powerful enough".
I was on tricycline through high school, in college everything was manageable for some reason, and then 3 years after I suddenly started breaking out really bad. Very odd.

Minocine works 90% effective for me. The only thing I hate about it, is if I go off I instantly get bad again. It made me consider the more permanent accutane...but I don't think I care for those sides.

I still feel like myself when I'm on it, and haven't noticed any other sides.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was on tricycline through high school, in college everything was manageable for some reason, and then 3 years after I suddenly started breaking out really bad. Very odd.

Minocine works 90% effective for me. The only thing I hate about it, is if I go off I instantly get bad again. It made me consider the more permanent accutane...but I don't think I care for those sides.
I'm trying to think....:think:

Is mino- the one that made me vomit uncontrollably if I took on an empty stomach?

I think it might have been doxycycline or ampicilin. :think:

Either way, all these acne meds are crazy, I don't take them anymore.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha yea ive been on acne meds for awhile now..i dont take any pills anymore but still gotta use those annoyin creams...

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Sounds like some good stuff.

I noticed I started to break out a little, which might be from Napalm, but the OG Java Lather seemed to take care of it real fast????

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sounds like some good stuff.

I noticed I started to break out a little, which might be from Napalm, but the OG Java Lather seemed to take care of it real fast????
you were probably irritated from the alcohols in napalm, and the java lather moisturized the area.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's college time again, and when I go back the stress has in the past given me some bumps. I'm up for trying this out and seeing how it controls it, plus i love the smell of pumpkin lol.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
It's college time again, and when I go back the stress has in the past given me some bumps. I'm up for trying this out and seeing how it controls it, plus i love the smell of pumpkin lol.
Hmmmmmmm Pumpkin! (salivating à la Homer :p)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
as long as nobody puts whip cream on me and tries to take a bite.....unless...nvm :lol:

phantom

Awards
  • Established
I'd be happy to tset this out..I've had great luck with JL and currently very happy with DCP and would welcome any new prodcut from RPN.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
and once again, i would sooooooooo test this, like totally.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would like to test this, too.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Definitely in to test this. Have very light skin and prone to redness overall, scarring, etc. Back acne of course exacerbates the problem.

getemboi

Awards
Definitely in to test this. Have very light skin and prone to redness overall, scarring, etc.
Same here, I have a Swedish/Irish background, and have suffered from acne and redness through out highschool and it has stayed with me even till this day. I can't remember when I didn't have acne problems, that's how bad it's affected me. I've tried numerous over the counter cleansers but most just dry the hell out of my sensitive skin, which gets to be really frustrating. I'd like to give this a shot and see how it works.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my acne is worsening now, taking 30g/day of fish oils :p

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
30g....is that helping, at all??
I think its starting to, i'm about 8 days in now. I've gained about 5-6 or so pounds and i'm confident its lean, plus getting a little bit of mood elevation and I think also joints are feeling better. Its from Charles Poliquin's recommendations, i'm going to do it for the next few weeks and see how it goes.

fitnecise

Awards
I think its starting to, i'm about 8 days in now. I've gained about 5-6 or so pounds and i'm confident its lean, plus getting a little bit of mood elevation and I think also joints are feeling better. Its from Charles Poliquin's recommendations, i'm going to do it for the next few weeks and see how it goes.
How much DHA/EPA ??

I think this is a very irresponsible recommendation by Poloquin, unless he has justified it somewhere ...

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Are you taking in other fat sources, I would imagine a variety would be much better than a heaping of fish oil..avocado and sesamin are both fats I've found to be pretty skin-friendly

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How much DHA/EPA ??

I think this is a very irresponsible recommendation by Poloquin, unless he has justified it somewhere ...
Why would it be irresponsible? USRDA for a 2000 calorie diet is 103g of fat total for the day, so whats the harm of 1/3 of it being fish oils vs other oils? Is beef or pork fats that much better for you somehow?

In 5g worth of what i'm taking its 554mg of EPA and 369 of DHA. so

EPA - 3324mg
DHA - 2214mg

a 4-capsule serving of Biotest's Flameout:

DHA: 2200 mg.
EPA: 880 mg.

So dha wise, taking in 30g of fish oil is about equivalent to flameout's normal dose, has lots more EPA. I take 6g of CLA a day too.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you taking in other fat sources, I would imagine a variety would be much better than a heaping of fish oil..avocado and sesamin are both fats I've found to be pretty skin-friendly
I'm calling you out on a technicality:rasp: Sesamin is not a fat; it is a phytoestrogen. Sesame Seed oil is a good source of mono/poly unsaturated fats.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eh, I figure a month or two of this can't hurt. So far I feel like i'm having less joint pain and good mood elevation, and seeming to add lean mass at a rate as if I was taking anabolic steroids. So i'll ride it out a few weeks, see how it goes.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I'm calling you out on a technicality:rasp: Sesamin is not a fat; it is a phytoestrogen. Sesame Seed oil is a good source of mono/poly unsaturated fats.
Grrrr I'm sorry, I do apologise, :rant: of course you are correct, it is actually a lignan.

Oh..Saw your newly designed product, props to that :)

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Eh, I figure a month or two of this can't hurt. So far I feel like i'm having less joint pain and good mood elevation, and seeming to add lean mass at a rate as if I was taking anabolic steroids. So i'll ride it out a few weeks, see how it goes.
okay, I do recall reading that an excessive amount may hinder strength gains, due to its effects on inflammation and the immune system, so maybe pay attention to that this month

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
okay, I do recall reading that an excessive amount may hinder strength gains, due to its effects on inflammation and the immune system, so maybe pay attention to that this month
Thank god i'm a poser, I could care less if I can't bench press 100 lbs so long as I look good ;) But thanks!

fitnecise

Awards
Why would it be irresponsible? USRDA for a 2000 calorie diet is 103g of fat total for the day, so whats the harm of 1/3 of it being fish oils vs other oils? Is beef or pork fats that much better for you somehow?

In 5g worth of what i'm taking its 554mg of EPA and 369 of DHA. so

EPA - 3324mg
DHA - 2214mg

a 4-capsule serving of Biotest's Flameout:

DHA: 2200 mg.
EPA: 880 mg.

So dha wise, taking in 30g of fish oil is about equivalent to flameout's normal dose, has lots more EPA. I take 6g of CLA a day too.
Ok thats not so bad. If the caps were higher then you might have a problem, you obviously don't want to go too high. The body is very efficient at snatching up DHA at least.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok thats not so bad. If the caps were higher then you might have a problem, you obviously don't want to go too high. The body is very efficient at snatching up DHA at least.
I'm taking liquid not caps, it would be a complete pain to do 30 caps a day :p I looked at the math on the dha/epa, (damn i'm still hijacking the soap thread over fish) and its not that much. If you look at this

2005 DGAC report - Addendum A: EPA and DHA Content of Fish Species

you can see you get almost 1.5g of DHA from a 100g salmon fillet. Considering thats not quite 4oz, and I usually have more than that, I think hitting 4-5g of DHA isn't bad, as I could easily do it fish based in a meal rather than taking oils. The pity is that most fish oils have more EPA than DHA, where from what I've read its probably better the other way around.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lets make some fish oil soap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lets make some fish oil soap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is actually something on my list to try. I already make a pretty kickass blend using Enova, avocado, flax, and a few other oils (notably the pumpkin oil, which is amazing).

If I can get a decent soap out of fish oil without the smell, then I think it would be excellent.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is actually something on my list to try. I already make a pretty kickass blend using Enova, avocado, flax, and a few other oils (notably the pumpkin oil, which is amazing).

If I can get a decent soap out of fish oil without the smell, then I think it would be excellent.
Maybe sea salt, lemongrass oil and ginger would help it hide? trying to think of smells in the same direction scentwise that could be sharp + crisp enough to cover it.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Other than scent, what sort of benefits come from make soap from various oils? I would think fish oil fatty acids would be expensive to be destroying with lye.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

i wanted the smell........i was joking in the first place but if it has benefiets without the smell it would be interesting to see what they are.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In-house is finishing up...but I found an ingredient I wanted to add last minute.

Cooking up a new batch this week, same scent and basic composition. I will announce testers this Monday.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
In-house is finishing up...but I found an ingredient I wanted to add last minute.

Cooking up a new batch this week, same scent and basic composition. I will announce testers this Monday.
nice...it'll go well with my Jumbo Java and liquid java, which im sure my girlfriend will steal the minute I get it.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got soem stretch marks and scars years ago from Skateboarding. I also got a few stab scars from a Doctor that didnt perform an operation correctly. I also have burnt off mole scars.. Im ordering a batch from Nutra when the freaking Glutamine comes in and if its possible to test Java and possible to put it in the Nutra order, that'l work

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got soem stretch marks and scars years ago from Skateboarding. I also got a few stab scars from a Doctor that didnt perform an operation correctly. I also have burnt off mole scars.. Im ordering a batch from Nutra when the freaking Glutamine comes in and if its possible to test Java and possible to put it in the Nutra order, that'l work
Your feedback has been valuable to us several times. Indicate to Darren in the comments section that I authorized a sample for you. I will email him the same info.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No need for testers just get it to production so I can order some. I only use java lather right now and find it actually seems to help control acne.

phantom

Awards
  • Established
Is this still the same formula that was listed a few weeks ago?I remember things like green tea, sesamin,rk's,etc..It was a pretty impressive formula, and looked very solid.