RPN, needs more testers for a new Soap

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

  1. I would def give it a try! I'm in!


  2. It's college time again, and when I go back the stress has in the past given me some bumps. I'm up for trying this out and seeing how it controls it, plus i love the smell of pumpkin lol.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    It's college time again, and when I go back the stress has in the past given me some bumps. I'm up for trying this out and seeing how it controls it, plus i love the smell of pumpkin lol.
    Hmmmmmmm Pumpkin! (salivating la Homer :P)

  4. as long as nobody puts whip cream on me and tries to take a bite.....unless...nvm

  5. I'd be happy to tset this out..I've had great luck with JL and currently very happy with DCP and would welcome any new prodcut from RPN.

  6. I'd love to try it as well.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    as long as nobody puts whip cream on me and tries to take a bite.....unless...nvm
    Uhoh!!!! Here comes trouble

  8. Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    Uhoh!!!! Here comes trouble
    does that mean youre gonna do it? i like nibbles. :bb2:

  9. I would love to test this!

  10. and once again, i would sooooooooo test this, like totally.
    •   
       


  11. I would like to test this, too.

  12. Definitely in to test this. Have very light skin and prone to redness overall, scarring, etc. Back acne of course exacerbates the problem.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Urban Monk View Post
    Definitely in to test this. Have very light skin and prone to redness overall, scarring, etc.
    Same here, I have a Swedish/Irish background, and have suffered from acne and redness through out highschool and it has stayed with me even till this day. I can't remember when I didn't have acne problems, that's how bad it's affected me. I've tried numerous over the counter cleansers but most just dry the hell out of my sensitive skin, which gets to be really frustrating. I'd like to give this a shot and see how it works.
  14. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    my acne is worsening now, taking 30g/day of fish oils :P
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  15. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    my acne is worsening now, taking 30g/day of fish oils :P
    30g....is that helping, at all??
  16. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    30g....is that helping, at all??
    I think its starting to, i'm about 8 days in now. I've gained about 5-6 or so pounds and i'm confident its lean, plus getting a little bit of mood elevation and I think also joints are feeling better. Its from Charles Poliquin's recommendations, i'm going to do it for the next few weeks and see how it goes.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  17. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I think its starting to, i'm about 8 days in now. I've gained about 5-6 or so pounds and i'm confident its lean, plus getting a little bit of mood elevation and I think also joints are feeling better. Its from Charles Poliquin's recommendations, i'm going to do it for the next few weeks and see how it goes.
    How much DHA/EPA ??

    I think this is a very irresponsible recommendation by Poloquin, unless he has justified it somewhere ...

  18. Quote Originally Posted by fitnecise View Post
    How much DHA/EPA ??
    Good question.

  19. Are you taking in other fat sources, I would imagine a variety would be much better than a heaping of fish oil..avocado and sesamin are both fats I've found to be pretty skin-friendly
  20. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by fitnecise View Post
    How much DHA/EPA ??

    I think this is a very irresponsible recommendation by Poloquin, unless he has justified it somewhere ...
    Why would it be irresponsible? USRDA for a 2000 calorie diet is 103g of fat total for the day, so whats the harm of 1/3 of it being fish oils vs other oils? Is beef or pork fats that much better for you somehow?

    In 5g worth of what i'm taking its 554mg of EPA and 369 of DHA. so

    EPA - 3324mg
    DHA - 2214mg

    a 4-capsule serving of Biotest's Flameout:

    DHA: 2200 mg.
    EPA: 880 mg.

    So dha wise, taking in 30g of fish oil is about equivalent to flameout's normal dose, has lots more EPA. I take 6g of CLA a day too.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  21. Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    Are you taking in other fat sources, I would imagine a variety would be much better than a heaping of fish oil..avocado and sesamin are both fats I've found to be pretty skin-friendly
    I'm calling you out on a technicality Sesamin is not a fat; it is a phytoestrogen. Sesame Seed oil is a good source of mono/poly unsaturated fats.
  22. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    Are you taking in other fat sources, I would imagine a variety would be much better than a heaping of fish oil..avocado and sesamin are both fats I've found to be pretty skin-friendly
    Eh, I figure a month or two of this can't hurt. So far I feel like i'm having less joint pain and good mood elevation, and seeming to add lean mass at a rate as if I was taking anabolic steroids. So i'll ride it out a few weeks, see how it goes.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  23. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    I'm calling you out on a technicality Sesamin is not a fat; it is a phytoestrogen. Sesame Seed oil is a good source of mono/poly unsaturated fats.
    Grrrr I'm sorry, I do apologise, of course you are correct, it is actually a lignan.


    Oh..Saw your newly designed product, props to that

  24. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Eh, I figure a month or two of this can't hurt. So far I feel like i'm having less joint pain and good mood elevation, and seeming to add lean mass at a rate as if I was taking anabolic steroids. So i'll ride it out a few weeks, see how it goes.
    okay, I do recall reading that an excessive amount may hinder strength gains, due to its effects on inflammation and the immune system, so maybe pay attention to that this month
  25. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    okay, I do recall reading that an excessive amount may hinder strength gains, due to its effects on inflammation and the immune system, so maybe pay attention to that this month
    Thank god i'm a poser, I could care less if I can't bench press 100 lbs so long as I look good But thanks!
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  26. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Why would it be irresponsible? USRDA for a 2000 calorie diet is 103g of fat total for the day, so whats the harm of 1/3 of it being fish oils vs other oils? Is beef or pork fats that much better for you somehow?

    In 5g worth of what i'm taking its 554mg of EPA and 369 of DHA. so

    EPA - 3324mg
    DHA - 2214mg

    a 4-capsule serving of Biotest's Flameout:

    DHA: 2200 mg.
    EPA: 880 mg.

    So dha wise, taking in 30g of fish oil is about equivalent to flameout's normal dose, has lots more EPA. I take 6g of CLA a day too.
    Ok thats not so bad. If the caps were higher then you might have a problem, you obviously don't want to go too high. The body is very efficient at snatching up DHA at least.
  27. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by fitnecise View Post
    Ok thats not so bad. If the caps were higher then you might have a problem, you obviously don't want to go too high. The body is very efficient at snatching up DHA at least.
    I'm taking liquid not caps, it would be a complete pain to do 30 caps a day :P I looked at the math on the dha/epa, (damn i'm still hijacking the soap thread over fish) and its not that much. If you look at this

    2005 DGAC report - Addendum A: EPA and DHA Content of Fish Species

    you can see you get almost 1.5g of DHA from a 100g salmon fillet. Considering thats not quite 4oz, and I usually have more than that, I think hitting 4-5g of DHA isn't bad, as I could easily do it fish based in a meal rather than taking oils. The pity is that most fish oils have more EPA than DHA, where from what I've read its probably better the other way around.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  28. lets make some fish oil soap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

  29. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    lets make some fish oil soap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    This is actually something on my list to try. I already make a pretty kickass blend using Enova, avocado, flax, and a few other oils (notably the pumpkin oil, which is amazing).

    If I can get a decent soap out of fish oil without the smell, then I think it would be e****lent.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-25-2013, 12:09 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 04:58 PM
  3. Replies: 159
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 09:03 PM
  4. Need 3 testers for the new NeuroStim+C capsules
    By Beast in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-28-2005, 04:00 PM
Log in
Log in