RPN, needs more testers for a new Soap

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    I've never had pumpkin pie.. is this an acquired smell?
    Theres a puerto rican restaurant near me that does pumpkin flan, man that is spectactular tasting.

    Is this going to be the sort of soap you don't end up minding getting your mouth washed out with?
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum


  2. Quote Originally Posted by johnyq View Post
    as said above, you have to go to a doctor.
    haha..i know that, i mean in terms of results...lol

  3. I have crazy acne on my chest and back as I am proned to body break outs. Id love to help ya but im logging something already :[
    •   
       


  4. This stuff is coming out bizarre.

    I just made a combination soap: Flax oil soap, Pumpkin oil soap, avocado oil soap, Sesathin soap, and coconut oil soap.

    Weird...just weird, with such a cool natural scent. It will take approximately 2-3 days to cure, then I will be ready to send these out to test.

    I also have the initial batch ready to go now...just playing, and trying to make it better.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

  5. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    This stuff is coming out bizarre.

    I just made a combination soap: Flax oil soap, Pumpkin oil soap, avocado oil soap, and coconut oil soap.

    Weird...just weird, with such a cool natural scent. It will take approximately 2-3 days to cure, then I will be ready to send these out to test.

    I also have the initial batch ready to go now...just playing, and trying to make it better.
    o damn let me test


    dsade checkout my cissus post in the nutraplanet section maybe you can answer it

  6. Well I PM'ed cboesger and asked him for permission to see if it was okay to try this soap. He gave me the O.K ( Thanks man! Your the best) Ill be willing to test it for you guys if you still need me as a tester. Ive been proned to acne break outs in the middle of my best (insane breakout) and scattered acne on the back. Just the other day i was thinking about going to the pharmacy to buy like clearasil soap to help with the acne.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    Minocycline is an antibacterial that is available by prescription from your doc. Insurance will most likely cover it...
    solodyn? i have that too! it hasnt been working out for me so far. It used to work but not anymore.

  8. I would love to try this. I have some facial/back acne. Used to use topically applied salylic (sp?) acid from otc stuff, then clindamycin transdermal, and then i used benzaclin (5% benzol peroxide with monocyclin or some form of transdermal antibiotic) I also used the oral antibiotic but that irritated my stomach quite a bit. It cleared up really well for a while but started coming back a while ago. I would love to try this.

  9. If you're still looking for testers, I'd be interested. I'm always getting zits, and telling people on AM about how they pop. So sinner testing this (provided it is successful) is a win/win situation. I get less zits (win for me), and I have less gross stories about a big one that exploded white puss nastiness all over my bathroom mirroR (win for you....unless you're into that kinda stuff).

    Quote Originally Posted by johnyq View Post
    I have to take minocycline to control my acne at 26, I'd be happy to give this a try.
    minocycline has been noted to make user's "have a changed personality/way of thinking"

    That was one of the warnings I saw on the label, I think I've taken every prescription acne drug there is. The doc eventually took me off minocycline because "it wasn't powerful enough".
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  10. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    If you're still looking for testers, I'd be interested. I'm always getting zits, and telling people on AM about how they pop. So sinner testing this (provided it is successful) is a win/win situation. I get less zits (win for me), and I have less gross stories about a big one that exploded white puss nastiness all over my bathroom mirroR (win for you....unless you're into that kinda stuff).



    minocycline has been noted to make user's "have a changed personality/way of thinking"

    That was one of the warnings I saw on the label, I think I've taken every prescription acne drug there is. The doc eventually took me off minocycline because "it wasn't powerful enough".

    minocycline o.0 never heard of it in that case. i only know of antibiotics which im on ( and sucks ) and accutane.

    edit- win win is right !

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    minocycline o.0 never heard of it in that case. i only know of antibiotics which im on ( and sucks ) and accutane.

    edit- win win is right !
    I switched doctor's when they were getting ready to switch me to accutane (I think it was accutane, I was 14 when this happened). The doc rattled off several of the nasty side effects, and my parent's said "Goodbye".
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  12. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    I switched doctor's when they were getting ready to switch me to accutane (I think it was accutane, I was 14 when this happened). The doc rattled off several of the nasty side effects, and my parent's said "Goodbye".
    lol. side effects include? I heard about accutane having tons of side effects but what are some of them? I believe that it causes you to sweat less by closing your sweat glands of some sort?

  13. Increased triglyceride levels. I think he mentioned something about it affecting cholesterol. Headaches. Muscleaches. Depression (thoughts of suicide). He pretty much told us "This is pretty dangerous, hardcore sh*t." and it's only given for very severe cases.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  14. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    Increased triglyceride levels. I think he mentioned something about it affecting cholesterol. Headaches. Muscleaches. Depression (thoughts of suicide). He pretty much told us "This is pretty dangerous, hardcore sh*t." and it's only given for very severe cases.
    wow. thats crazy. Ive heard of the cholesterol part before. as well as depressions. I think those are just some of the sides tho as theres probably a list of it ( birth defects for pregnant women ) and such. I dont think my acne is hardcore enough to take accutane. altho nothing else seems to be working.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Cellardude View Post
    wow. thats crazy. Ive heard of the cholesterol part before. as well as depressions. I think those are just some of the sides tho as theres probably a list of it ( birth defects for pregnant women ) and such. I dont think my acne is hardcore enough to take accutane. altho nothing else seems to be working.
    Yeah the side effects are definitely something to be aware of with accutane. But once you've run the gamut of prescription topical creams and gels and antibiotic pills, accutane is the next logical and most potent step. Drawbacks are definitely the monthly blood tests (checking liver values I believe) and susceptibility to depression and everything that can come with that. Your doctor will know what's right for you after you take the initial blood tests and answer his questions.

    It is some crazy stuff though...I took it in high school after I tried many other options without much ado. First your skin gets EXTREMELY oily...it's pretty ridiculous. Then it jumps to the exact polar opposite and dries up like a desert...so dry that your skin peels off all day. Then after that your skin returns to normal and your acne is basically gone.

    There's really nothing to fear with accutane as long as you listen to your doc and keep him informed on your status (and don't drink or do roids duh ). If you go in with the fear of depression you probably will have already planted the seed in your mind and it could possibly happen psychosomatically.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    minocycline has been noted to make user's "have a changed personality/way of thinking"

    That was one of the warnings I saw on the label, I think I've taken every prescription acne drug there is. The doc eventually took me off minocycline because "it wasn't powerful enough".
    I was on tricycline through high school, in college everything was manageable for some reason, and then 3 years after I suddenly started breaking out really bad. Very odd.

    Minocine works 90% effective for me. The only thing I hate about it, is if I go off I instantly get bad again. It made me consider the more permanent accutane...but I don't think I care for those sides.


    I still feel like myself when I'm on it, and haven't noticed any other sides.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by johnyq View Post
    I was on tricycline through high school, in college everything was manageable for some reason, and then 3 years after I suddenly started breaking out really bad. Very odd.

    Minocine works 90% effective for me. The only thing I hate about it, is if I go off I instantly get bad again. It made me consider the more permanent accutane...but I don't think I care for those sides.
    I'm trying to think....

    Is mino- the one that made me vomit uncontrollably if I took on an empty stomach?

    I think it might have been doxycycline or ampicilin.

    Either way, all these acne meds are crazy, I don't take them anymore.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line

  18. haha yea ive been on acne meds for awhile now..i dont take any pills anymore but still gotta use those annoyin creams...

  19. Sounds like some good stuff.

    I noticed I started to break out a little, which might be from Napalm, but the OG Java Lather seemed to take care of it real fast????

  20. Quote Originally Posted by xjsynx View Post
    Sounds like some good stuff.

    I noticed I started to break out a little, which might be from Napalm, but the OG Java Lather seemed to take care of it real fast????
    you were probably irritated from the alcohols in napalm, and the java lather moisturized the area.

  21. I would def give it a try! I'm in!

  22. It's college time again, and when I go back the stress has in the past given me some bumps. I'm up for trying this out and seeing how it controls it, plus i love the smell of pumpkin lol.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    It's college time again, and when I go back the stress has in the past given me some bumps. I'm up for trying this out and seeing how it controls it, plus i love the smell of pumpkin lol.
    Hmmmmmmm Pumpkin! (salivating la Homer :P)

  24. as long as nobody puts whip cream on me and tries to take a bite.....unless...nvm

  25. I'd be happy to tset this out..I've had great luck with JL and currently very happy with DCP and would welcome any new prodcut from RPN.

  26. I'd love to try it as well.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    as long as nobody puts whip cream on me and tries to take a bite.....unless...nvm
    Uhoh!!!! Here comes trouble

  28. Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    Uhoh!!!! Here comes trouble
    does that mean youre gonna do it? i like nibbles. :bb2:

  29. I would love to test this!

  30. and once again, i would sooooooooo test this, like totally.

  31. I would like to test this, too.

  32. Definitely in to test this. Have very light skin and prone to redness overall, scarring, etc. Back acne of course exacerbates the problem.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by Urban Monk View Post
    Definitely in to test this. Have very light skin and prone to redness overall, scarring, etc.
    Same here, I have a Swedish/Irish background, and have suffered from acne and redness through out highschool and it has stayed with me even till this day. I can't remember when I didn't have acne problems, that's how bad it's affected me. I've tried numerous over the counter cleansers but most just dry the hell out of my sensitive skin, which gets to be really frustrating. I'd like to give this a shot and see how it works.
  34. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    my acne is worsening now, taking 30g/day of fish oils :P
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  35. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    my acne is worsening now, taking 30g/day of fish oils :P
    30g....is that helping, at all??
  36. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    30g....is that helping, at all??
    I think its starting to, i'm about 8 days in now. I've gained about 5-6 or so pounds and i'm confident its lean, plus getting a little bit of mood elevation and I think also joints are feeling better. Its from Charles Poliquin's recommendations, i'm going to do it for the next few weeks and see how it goes.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  37. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I think its starting to, i'm about 8 days in now. I've gained about 5-6 or so pounds and i'm confident its lean, plus getting a little bit of mood elevation and I think also joints are feeling better. Its from Charles Poliquin's recommendations, i'm going to do it for the next few weeks and see how it goes.
    How much DHA/EPA ??

    I think this is a very irresponsible recommendation by Poloquin, unless he has justified it somewhere ...

  38. Quote Originally Posted by fitnecise View Post
    How much DHA/EPA ??
    Good question.

  39. Are you taking in other fat sources, I would imagine a variety would be much better than a heaping of fish oil..avocado and sesamin are both fats I've found to be pretty skin-friendly
  40. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by fitnecise View Post
    How much DHA/EPA ??

    I think this is a very irresponsible recommendation by Poloquin, unless he has justified it somewhere ...
    Why would it be irresponsible? USRDA for a 2000 calorie diet is 103g of fat total for the day, so whats the harm of 1/3 of it being fish oils vs other oils? Is beef or pork fats that much better for you somehow?

    In 5g worth of what i'm taking its 554mg of EPA and 369 of DHA. so

    EPA - 3324mg
    DHA - 2214mg

    a 4-capsule serving of Biotest's Flameout:

    DHA: 2200 mg.
    EPA: 880 mg.

    So dha wise, taking in 30g of fish oil is about equivalent to flameout's normal dose, has lots more EPA. I take 6g of CLA a day too.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-24-2013, 11:09 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 03:58 PM
  3. Replies: 159
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 08:03 PM
  4. Need 3 testers for the new NeuroStim+C capsules
    By Beast in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Log in
Log in