Legacyfighter's Needtobuildmuscle Contest Log. NeedToBuildMuscle & MrSupps

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Ok guys, I saw this competition and couldnt pass it up. Over the next 3 months I will either be recomping, or trying to get into "contest" shape. I've never been super lean, and I figure what better time to try than now...

Stats:
5'8"
190lbs
12% BF

Biceps: 17.25"
Quads: 25.5"
Waist (around navel): 34.25"
Chest: 43"
Calf: 16"
Neck: 17.75"

Let the games begin...

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Here is the first workout of the log. Its a pretty drastic change from what i'm used to. I very very rarely do sets above 5 reps, let alone 10... I also tend to use much longer than 1 minute rest periods... Not today. It was glycogen depletion workout #2 of week one of UD2.0. I had some nausea, light headedness, and some intense burning in my muscles. Overall a good session.

Diet was spot on today. 60g carbs, 30g fat, 220g protein.

Workout: This entire workout was performed twice today.
Leg Press: 315x3x15
Leg Curl: 80x3x15
Shoulder Press: 140x3x15
Bicep Curl: 55x3x15
Bench Press: 175x3x15
Lat Pull Down:140x3x15
Leg Ext: 115x3x15
Calf Raises: 160x3x15
Machine Row: 115x3x15
Hyperextensions: 220x3x15
Tricep Ext: 80x3x15

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
In, so thats 3 sets of 15 right?

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Sweet, glad i've got some ppl in for the ride.

Jherman: Yes, three sets of 15, and i did the workout twice so a total of 6x15

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed keeping an eye on this log..

GJohnson7385

GJohnson7385

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the contest, Your workout is kinda similar to mine, gl to ya.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for subbing guys. This should be a hell of a ride.

This is day 3 of super low calorie and low carb. I'm not gonna lie, my motivation to go do cardio is pretty low right now. This competition is honestly the only thing getting my butt into the gym today.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in for sure man. I'l be here for the long haul...Kill that sh*t!!:D

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That looks like the workout from the depletion portion of the UD2 diet. Is that what you are using to cut up?

Oops was posting from yesterday I see you mentioned UD2 in one of the newer posts. Have fun with that. I enjoyed it.\ but the weekend over feeding got to be hard after a while. Have fun with it.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Kleen: Thanks for stopping in. Depletion workouts are no fun at all. I'm getting ready for my first refeed tomorrow... Its going to be intense!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am looking at running the UD2.0... stealing my ideas!!!! I am in of course, can't have my competition getting the best of me.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
oufinny: i'll be checking out your log as well. I think this competition is really going to push us all to the max. Its going to be awesome.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oufinny: i'll be checking out your log as well. I think this competition is really going to push us all to the max. Its going to be awesome.
Yes!!! absolute mayhem!!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes!!! absolute mayhem!!
The fact I am switching over to Metroflex gym, ala Branch Warren and big Ronnie Coleman, tells you where I am at on the intensity level! Seriously, I am going to throw everything I have at this. Good thing I have a Sam's membership, I will be buy a lot of chicken and beef :).

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Oufinny: Thats gotta be awesome to train there. I'll be at my school gym... at least i'll have a bunch of beautiful young women to watch while doing my cardio sessions.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Today was the beginning of my 30 hour carb up window. I needed to get about 400g today. So far, I've gotten about 160, and I'm about to eat 200 more before too long. I started my carb up around 4pm and worked out 7. I felt like a god today. It was great.

Workout: (warm ups not listed)
ATG Squat; 275x10,300x8
GHR: 30lbsx10,10
Leg Ext: 135x12, 180x10
Bench Press: 245x10,255x8
Bent over row: 185x12, 205x10
Incline Bench: 205x10 PR, 225x6
Pull ups: 12,12 (deadstop between reps)
Tricep Ext: 85x12,100x8
BB Curl: 65x12,75x10

I had a pretty good pump throughout the entire session. I did very little for warm ups, so overall it was a pretty low volume session. I'm feeling a bit beat up, but overall a good feeling.

Well on my way to winning this competition...

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The fact I am switching over to Metroflex gym, ala Branch Warren and big Ronnie Coleman, tells you where I am at on the intensity level! Seriously, I am going to throw everything I have at this. Good thing I have a Sam's membership, I will be buy a lot of chicken and beef :).
I'm jealous I hope to visit that place one day and workout just once.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oufinny: Thats gotta be awesome to train there. I'll be at my school gym... at least i'll have a bunch of beautiful young women to watch while doing my cardio sessions.
getting a workout and having eye candy while you do it.hard to beat that.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have to agree. This contest is the sh*t....:afro:

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
must be nice. portable eye candy... i plan to get some of that stuff soon.
Yah I train a couple Latina's. I am trying to get some pics up of Monica and getting them both to join up soon I hope... Very nice girls, real ladies...

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Dreamweaver: Definitely get them to sign up. We need more women on here. Oh, and you sir are a lucky man, lol.

gidemon

Banned
Awards
Looks like this will be a log worth following,are you gone to post any before pics?

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Gidemon: Yea, I'll be posting before pics as soon as i get my need2 supps come in. In the mean time, i'm hoping not to make TOO much progress, lol.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Today was an off day from the gym, and it was also the second half of my carb load... oh yea :) I've always worked out on refeed days, so it was really weird not to this time around. I tried to take in all of my carbs fairly clean... didn't get NEARLY enough carbs in. I was supposed to get about 900 grams today. I ended up in the 550-600 range. My only carb sources were yogurt, cheerios, bagels, rice, and english muffins. My protein and fat were right on target though. Even though i didn't get nearly the carbs I was supposed to, I feel like i spilled over some.. I definitely wasn't expecting that. Monday and Tuesday, I guess I will work a little harder trying to deplete glycogen."?

Tomorrow will be back to maintenance calories, and probably 250g protein, 250-300g carb, 100g fat. All fat will come first thing in the morning and last thing before bed. Everything in between will be my carbs.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was an off day from the gym, and it was also the second half of my carb load... oh yea :) I've always worked out on refeed days, so it was really weird not to this time around. I tried to take in all of my carbs fairly clean... didn't get NEARLY enough carbs in. I was supposed to get about 900 grams today. I ended up in the 550-600 range. My only carb sources were yogurt, cheerios, bagels, rice, and english muffins. My protein and fat were right on target though. Even though i didn't get nearly the carbs I was supposed to, I feel like i spilled over some.. I definitely wasn't expecting that. Monday and Tuesday, I guess I will work a little harder trying to deplete glycogen."?

Tomorrow will be back to maintenance calories, and probably 250g protein, 250-300g carb, 100g fat. All fat will come first thing in the morning and last thing before bed. Everything in between will be my carbs.
900g of carbs?! :shocked:

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
yupp, 900g carbs.. UD2.0 has a pretty massive amount of carbs for someone my size and the window to get them is 30 hours. I ended up with about 1000 out of the 1300 i needed to get.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Today's Workout:

ATG Squat: 135x5,225x5,275x5,315x3,325x3,3,3
RDL: 225x6,275x6,6,295x6
Bench Press: 135x10,225x5,245x6,6,6 (Felt like I had a pec strain)
Leg Ext; 190x6,6,6,6
Bent Over Row: 135x10, 205x6,6,6
GHR: BW+40x6,6,6
Pull ups: BW+30x6,6,6,6
Calve Raises: 160x15,15,15

Overall today was a really good workout. My chest is feeling pretty torn up right now. This happens every once in a while, its not a big deal. I never really got a pump because of the lower reps and longer rest periods, but I definitely feel like I got a good workout. I was planning on bumping up to possibly 345 for 3x3 on squats, but I just didnt have it today. I was also planning on going heavier on bench today, but for some reason it just wasn't feeling right.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot Jason. It looks like i'm going to need all the luck i can get to win this competition.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Diet was solid yesterday. Macros were pretty much spot on for what I needed. I'll be eating all of the exact same meals today, so it will be another good day of dieting. I'm about to head to the gym for 45 minutes of moderate intensity cardio. Maybe i'll throw in some HIIT for a few minutes.

Tomorrow is back to 1500 calories, 250 protein, 60carbs, and 30g fat as well as hitting another depletion workout.. Should be exciting...

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Keep killin it man. Looks like you have your diet spot on...good job:)

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Rock. Definitely going to be doing work for this competition. I think the old fugger is going to be hard to beat.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yupp, 900g carbs.. UD2.0 has a pretty massive amount of carbs for someone my size and the window to get them is 30 hours. I ended up with about 1000 out of the 1300 i needed to get.
I did skip loading over 2000 in about the same time frame ... very nasty. Too much junky food for me and I will be refeeding much cleaner this time around...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Rock. Definitely going to be doing work for this competition. I think the old fugger is going to be hard to beat.
You honor me sir.. the one problem I have is time though. It may work out to my advantage yet though... I'll just do my best..

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
DW: I actually did all 1000 clean. I really thought I could get 1300 in though. Looks like i've gotta dirty it up a bit next time. OR just become more of a man and shovel the food down.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DW: I actually did all 1000 clean. I really thought I could get 1300 in though. Looks like i've gotta dirty it up a bit next time. OR just become more of a man and shovel the food down.
Yah has to get really dirty to get that kind of carbs in... as long as everything is low fat and you don't exceed 36 hours the damage is surprisingly minimal though. I just feel like crap when I do it. Also I don't know how good all that up and down is good for keeping things controlled when you really need to.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
DW: I'm not quite sure either to be honest. But I do know that refeeds increase your leptin levels, which is good for increasing metabolism. I also know that the refeeds come at a time when your insulin sensitivity is the highest. I'll be using need2slin on my high carb days as well to further enhance insulin sensitivity. That should help with the refeeds as well. As far as fats... i came in good last time. I had about 30g of fat on my last refeed day, 6 of which were from fish oil. If I can manage to keep things this clean for the next 12 weeks, I should be looking at some serious progress.

Oh, and I do honor you DW. You've got a good reputation around here.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killin it in here..... Keep on truckin brah!

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Week 2 Day 1 UD2.0 : Depletion
Diet: 60g carb, 220g Protein, 30g fat

Workout: 1 minute rest between sets
Front Squat: 135x15,115x15,115x15
RDL: 135x15,15,15
Bench: 185x15,175x15,165x15
Bent Over Rows; 135x15,15,15
Incline Bench: 135x15,15,15
Pull Ups; BWx15,15,15 (nausea started here and didnt end till about 30min after workout
Calf Raises: 160x15,15,15
Tricep Ext: 70x15,15
BB Curl: 65x15,15
Leg Ext: 145x15,15,15
Machine Military: 140x15,15,15
Leg Curl: 95x15,15,15
Machine High Rows: 115x15,15,15
Pec Deck: 135x15,15,15
Pull Ups: 15,12,10 UGH!!!
Lateral Raises: 15'sx20,20

So... This workout was pretty brutal. The front squats were good in a very bad way. They drained me for everything else. These last two weeks have been the first times that i've gone above 3-5 reps in months, so right now its really taking a toll on me. I started getting slightly nauseous after front squats, but it really started kicking in around the time I did pull ups. I thought I was going to have to run to the bathroom a few times to throw up. Luckily I made it through. I knew that I couldn't and shouldn't try to do all compounds for the second half of the workout. Now its time to finish eating, do some homework, and go to bed!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I couldn't imagine trying to eat that many carbs clean.

Good pics BTW. You have some good muscle mass on your frame, and you will look pretty jacked after a good cut :)

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Its not that bad. You just start your day off a little early, get about 50 in every hour. 2 packs of sugar free instant oatmeal is about 50g of carbs. Goes down easy. Not sure if ppl call english muffins or bagels clean, but i like to think they are. 2 english muffins or 1 bagel is about 50g carbs. The biggest thing is to not try to get 300g of carbs in one meal. You'll be stuffed for the rest of the day, and will have a really hard time getting the other 600 in.

And Rock, thanks for the kind words. I'm honestly considering stepping on stage depending on how I look at the end of this contest. I honestly feel like I need to add size in a lot of places, it seems like everything is a weak point, lol.

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Wish I was starting where you are man. I need another 20 Lbs LBM for that I think haha...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DW: I'm not quite sure either to be honest. But I do know that refeeds increase your leptin levels, which is good for increasing metabolism. I also know that the refeeds come at a time when your insulin sensitivity is the highest. I'll be using need2slin on my high carb days as well to further enhance insulin sensitivity. That should help with the refeeds as well. As far as fats... i came in good last time. I had about 30g of fat on my last refeed day, 6 of which were from fish oil. If I can manage to keep things this clean for the next 12 weeks, I should be looking at some serious progress.

Oh, and I do honor you DW. You've got a good reputation around here.
Thanks again...

Yah I will use a cleaner refeed and do may 800-1000 in 24 hours, I have pslin and glycobol on hand. Yes I believe in the increased metabolism due to increased leptin levels. Plus it's nice to get filled back up with carbs once a week. The last 3 weeks I will likely go low carbs and then carb up for the pics... depends on where I'm at...

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good luck, subbed in!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Goddang, ass to grass 325 is good stuff, especially as lean as you are.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Moklepaul: Thanks for stopping in. You can get to where I'm at man, just keep at it. Show these guys what a real transformation is.

DW: The refeeds feel amazing, lol. I'm thinking about going pretty low carb for at least a week leading up to the final pics. We shall see how things are working out though.

Milas: Thanks for subb'ing. Its going to be interesting to see how we compare.

Volcom: Thanks man, but 325 is a long way from where I want to be. And by looking at your log, you are pretty dang strong yourself...