Legacyfighter's Needtobuildmuscle Contest Log. NeedToBuildMuscle & MrSupps

jason1000

jason1000

Awards
  • Established
Looking good man. How many hours of cardio a week are you doing?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are doing awesome bro...pushing through when you cant seem to..getting that extra rep or pushing that extra 5 lbs. Thats what its all about!!

I will quote one of my favorite Hatebreed songs and an essential in my ipod at the gym...

Every drop of blood...

every bitter tear...

every bead of sweat...

I LIVE FOR THIS!!

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Jason: Thanks man. Really busting my butt for the next 11 weeks. Currently i'm doing about 2 hours of designated low intensity cardio per week. I may drop it since I have the addition of rugby now. If recovery stays solid, then I will keep the low intensity cardio in. I do some sprint conditioning work as well as plyo's that some people may count as cardio.

Rock: Heck yea man. Thats what i'm talking about! Honestly, that is what I live for. I strive for competition. Football, wrestling, fighting, rugby, now this. I entered this competition knowing that its going to be very hard for me to win based on my current level of leanness, and knowing I wasn't going to be doing a crazy cycle. I also knew because of that fact, that it would push me to work harder. THAT is exactly what i'm doing right now. Living for the blood, sweat, and tears that is competition.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Went to rugby practice today, and I must say, i'm definitely no where near as good of shape as i was back in high school. I wasn't dragging a$$, but i'm definitely not at my peak currently. That will be another goal of mine. To play an 80 minute game of rugby and play solid throughout.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Ugh, i'm freaking dead today. So glad today is pretty much an off day. I'm hoping work doesn't take too much out of me.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just wait, when you get to 30 everything starts to break down... Kids accelerate the process too.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just wait, when you get to 30 everything starts to break down... Kids accelerate the process too.
I hear ya there man. I'm 36 with 2 kids and another on the way and the only time I get to rest it seems is when my head hits the pillow for the 6-7 hours of sleep I am lucky to get :)

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I actually found the fountain of youth in my back yard, so I don't really have to worry about things getting worse with age. Sucks for y'all though...

Seriously though, I've had enough injuries through athletics that i'm probably already feeling the way you guys do. I just don't have the kids to worry about yet (Thank God). I can only imagine what its going to be like once i hit 30.

Side note, i'm feeling much much better now. I got about an hour long nap today, which definitely helped, and i've been walking around for the past 5 hours, which really helped with the soreness in my legs.

I'm feeling ready for tomorrow, and i'm definitely ready for some PR's. Tomorrow's predictions for PR's..
Bench: 255x10-12
Squat: 315x8 and 300x10
GHR: 50x12
Leg ext: 225x10
Pull ups: 45x8-10...
I may hit a few more, who knows. I'm just feeling it right now. I'm amped about the workout. Wish me luck guys.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually found the fountain of youth in my back yard, so I don't really have to worry about things getting worse with age. Sucks for y'all though...

Seriously though, I've had enough injuries through athletics that i'm probably already feeling the way you guys do. I just don't have the kids to worry about yet (Thank God). I can only imagine what its going to be like once i hit 30.

Side note, i'm feeling much much better now. I got about an hour long nap today, which definitely helped, and i've been walking around for the past 5 hours, which really helped with the soreness in my legs.

I'm feeling ready for tomorrow, and i'm definitely ready for some PR's. Tomorrow's predictions for PR's..
Bench: 255x10-12
Squat: 315x8 and 300x10
GHR: 50x12
Leg ext: 225x10
Pull ups: 45x8-10...
I may hit a few more, who knows. I'm just feeling it right now. I'm amped about the workout. Wish me luck guys.
The fountain of youth is not in your back yard, it's in da gym!! :28:

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
DW: luckily for me, the gym is practically in my back yard...

Oh, and last night may have been a little early to call my PR for squats today... My calves are super sore today. we'll see how things go. I'm planning on a PR for everything else though.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I'm a little pissed off right now. To most people it wouldn't be a big deal, but I missed my workout today. I was expecting to be off work by 8, 9 at the latest. I didn't get off work till after 10, and the gym closes at 11. I got to the gym at 10:30 and was hoping to get in a few things, but I started getting a serious case of the B G's (bubbly guts) and I knew it was a bad idea to do anything heavy. So... now I will be working out early tomorrow morning. Still planning on some PR's. Just wish today wasn't such a waste.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a little pissed off right now. To most people it wouldn't be a big deal, but I missed my workout today. I was expecting to be off work by 8, 9 at the latest. I didn't get off work till after 10, and the gym closes at 11. I got to the gym at 10:30 and was hoping to get in a few things, but I started getting a serious case of the B G's (bubbly guts) and I knew it was a bad idea to do anything heavy. So... now I will be working out early tomorrow morning. Still planning on some PR's. Just wish today wasn't such a waste.
so much of this post sounds like me ;)

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I understand completely bro. Just yesterday I was in a bad mood all day because my gym was closed due the blizzard around here.:(

Don't lose that drive and motivation brother. That's what seperates the men from the boys!!

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad that i'm not the only person who hates missing workouts. If I miss my workout, I have to find a way to fit it back into the schedule somehow. This time I just moved the workout back 1 day, which means that I will now be doing a full body workout two days in a row... Awesome...

Today's Workout:

Close Grip Pull Downs: 180x12,220x8 (full stretch between reps)
Bench: 225x12, 255x8 (couldn't stay in the groove)
Squat: 300x10 PR, 275x12
Rack Deads: 405x12, 455x10
BB Curls: 95x10,10
Tricep Ext: 85x12,100x8
Leg Curl: 155x10 PR, 140x12 PR
Leg Ext: 225x12, 255x10 PR
Machine Lateral Raises: 100x12 PR, 130x10 PR

I was slightly disappointed with this workout. I didn't get my PR on bench today, and I didn't have time to truly test my PR's on the other lifts. I hate being rushed, but I had to rush to make it to work on time.. I don't think that I'll be too sore tomorrow, so I should be able to get my heavy workout in tomorrow without too much problems. Maybe set some more PR's. OH, i've been doing this diet, really strict for the last 3 weeks. I haven't actually lost any weight yet. However, I'm definitely getting leaner. I've got veins popping up in my lower abs. My forearms are becoming more vascular, my abs are more defined, I've got some new vascularity in my shoulders, and i've got a nice vein that spreads across my back when I do a lat spread... Pretty sweet!

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
After a long day at work, I headed to the gym. I was definitely in the mind set for some PR's today. The only problem with today's workout was that it was rushed again. The gym closes early on saturday's... I supersetted everything so I would be able to finish my workout.

A1) ATG Squats: 275x6, 315x6, 345x4 PR
A2) Incline Bench: 185x6,205x6,225x6 PR,245x6 PR !!!
B1) Pull Downs: 200x6,220x6,240x6 PR
B2) Close Grip Bench: 185x6,205x6,225x6 PR,245x6 PR!!!
C1) Low Pulley Rows: 200x6,220x6,240x6 PR
C2) GHR: 45x6,55x6 PR,60x6 PR

I didn't have time for any isolation movements for shoulders, quads or biceps. I'm still pretty dang happy with the rest of the workout though. I hit a PR on every lift today. I would have gone for one more on back squat, but I got out of the groove on the last 2.. Lets see if i can keep these PR's going for another 10 weeks or more...

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The good thing about super-setting your entire workout is more calories burned bro!! Great news when you are cutting ;)

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Rock, that is definitely a plus, that I've considered taking advantage of. I will probably try doing all of my workouts using super sets. I can't even imagine how bad the depletion workouts will suck... but it will accelerate fat loss, and give me more time to do other things that I NEED to be doing. Obviously it doesn't appear to be hurting my strength much.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
very solid workouts.if your not under a contract I'd def look into 24 place if possible.I go to one and the place never closes so even with the bad weather I got my workout in plus you never have to rush to get stuff done as you can always fit it at other some point if necessary.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Normally that would be a great suggestion, but we only have one 24 hour gym and its terrible. Has machines only. Not even 1 olympic bar. The other, even bigger problem, is that I literally just don't have enough time in my days. I've got too much going on, and I can't really take anything out. It sucks, but it will all be worth it one day.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not only are you killing this but you are doing it in great style too. Love the info and detail in the log.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Kleen: Thanks man. Maybe I can secure some votes just by having a sick log, lol.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Today i got in 2 hours of fasted cardio. It was all low intensity, but i definitely burned some calories. My average weight still has not changed since I began this diet. I'm definitely dropping some fat and i'm settting PR's almost every single workout. This HAS to be a good sign. I really wasn't expecting this to be a Recomp, but rather an all out cut. If i can continue to drop about 1lb of fat a week, and put on .5 lbs of muscle a week (which is about my current pace), that will give me 177 lbs of lean body mass and i'll be weighing about 184. Thats about 4 % bf. It sounds a bit unrealistic, but if I can achieve that... this will be an epic transformation.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 hours, good gawd. Low intensity or not, that takes some mental fortitude to pull off. 4% is an ambitious goal, but more power to ya if you pull it off, bro.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The scale is not always the answer, but the mirror never lies!!

Great job recomping thus far bud. A recomp is not easy to pull off at all. Nobody can argue about getting the best of both worlds;)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 hours, good gawd. Low intensity or not, that takes some mental fortitude to pull off. 4% is an ambitious goal, but more power to ya if you pull it off, bro.
Yah that's a bit extreme, if you keep doing that much cardio in a deficit you really risk muscle loss... I would reduce to 1 hour tops and make sure you have some BCAA's in your water bottle...

4% that's one way to get me, cuz I won't be 4%. Can't risk that much muscle loss, I'd have to really push it... I'm probably going to end up around 7% barring some sort of miracle... I really don't know what will happen on cycle though.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
My cardio sessions usually don't last that long. I was just out and about, walking at a good pace for a long time. Since I diet intermittent fasting style, the first 6-8 hours of my day i'm in a fasted state. So far I haven't lost any muscle dieting this way, and i'm continuing to get stronger. I will get my body fat tested next monday to see exactly how well things are going from a fat loss and muscle gain aspect.

4% is a little ambitious, but definitely achievable. I really don't want to lose any muscle mass, if this starts happening, then I may finish out at a little higher body fat percentage.

DW: 7% would be a ridiculously impressive transformation for you. There is no way any of us can compete against that.

I'm not looking forward to my depletion workout today. I hate monday and tuesday workouts right now. They are getting the job done though, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Geezus, all this single digits talk in here is making me nervous :dead:

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Volcom: Me too man. I was seriously hoping that I was the only person shooting for single digits. This competition is going to be ridiculous.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My cardio sessions usually don't last that long. I was just out and about, walking at a good pace for a long time. Since I diet intermittent fasting style, the first 6-8 hours of my day i'm in a fasted state. So far I haven't lost any muscle dieting this way, and i'm continuing to get stronger. I will get my body fat tested next monday to see exactly how well things are going from a fat loss and muscle gain aspect.

4% is a little ambitious, but definitely achievable. I really don't want to lose any muscle mass, if this starts happening, then I may finish out at a little higher body fat percentage.

DW: 7% would be a ridiculously impressive transformation for you. There is no way any of us can compete against that.

I'm not looking forward to my depletion workout today. I hate monday and tuesday workouts right now. They are getting the job done though, so I guess I shouldn't complain.
7%, you all are nuts! I am shooting to get to 9-10% and add some muscle which for me is a HUGE difference. Going from flab to abs is my goal and some noticeable size gains. That said, I have a sick stack about to start that could make something closer to 8% a real possibility. This is crazy and should be fun to see where everyone ends up.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Remember guys I have to get very lean before I start to look decent, loose skin is a bitch and that's what happens as you age...

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
DW: Your attempt at being humble is not working...

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Front Squat: 115x15,15,15
Pull Ups: BWx15,15,15
RDL: 225x15,15,15
Bench Press: 175x15,15,15
Machine High Rows: 115x15,15,15
Calf Press: 250x15,15,15
Machine Military: 160x15,15,15
Leg Ext: 130x15,15,15
Leg Curl: 90x15,15,15
Pec Dec: 115x15,15,15
Machine Lateral Raises: 70x15,15,15
Low pulley rows: 140x15,15,15

I super setted every two exercises. The workout is definitely a lot more efficient that way. It sucks a little more. I never caught my breath the entire time. The pukey feeling wasn't as bad today... I thought that was weird, but i'm not complaining.

Tomorrow is depletion workout and rugby... It should be awesome.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
solid stuff.interested to see how rugby goes for you after the workout

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Remember guys I have to get very lean before I start to look decent, loose skin is a bitch and that's what happens as you age...
He's using the old Jedi mind trick on you..:lmao:!

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Mich: I did it last tuesday, and it sucked. It made me feel much more out of shape than I really am. Today I did less volume with my legs, because I know that they are already really depleted, and tonight's practice will definitely use up the rest of the glycogen.

Rock: His tricks aren't going to work on me.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Workout:

Leg Press: 250x15,15,15
Calf Press:: 250x15,15,15
Bench Press: 175x15,15,15
Close Grip Pulldown: 120x15,15,15
Machine Military: 160x15,15,15
Machine Lateral: 80x15,15,15
Push ups: BWx50,40
BB Rows: 145x15,15,15

My motivation during depletion workouts is becoming less and less. I just really despise them, and the low carbs doesn't help with this. They make you feel like death.

I didn't hit arms again today. I may go back and hit them immediately after rugby tonight.. I may even just run through every body part with one set of 15-20. Should only take like 15-20 minutes to finish it. I feel like my glycogen stores are pretty much all used up. I got 40g carbs yesterday and I'll be sitting at about 30-40g today as well. Its pretty freaking cold outside, so i'll burn a ton of calories just trying to stay warm. I'll be ripped by morning, lol.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Well I went to Rugby practice, and it was pretty much hell.. I play outside center, which requires a ton of running. I haven't done any real conditioning work in 4 years, so its a little rough. Practice ran about 2 and half hours tonight. We didn't have a water break because we didn't want to cool off too much, so it was basically 150 minutes of straight drilling. After practice I headed back to the gym. I didn't do any leg work, because they were fried. My calves are freaking smoked right now...

Workout #2 today:
Low pulley rows: 140x15,15,15
Pec Dec: 130x15,15,15
BB Curls: 65x15,15
Tri Ext: 70x15,15

Today was rough. I was so tired after working out that I didn't even want to eat (I did though). Man tuesdays are going to be rough over the next several weeks, if I manage not to die before this competition is up.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday was absolutely brutal. Waking up early this morning was nearly impossible, but somehow I still managed to do it. Today is a much needed off day. Tomorrow will hopefully be a nice PR setting workout. Glycogen is definitely depleted. Going up stairs today took everything out of me. On a good note, i'm barely sore at all, which I wasn't expecting..

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yesterday was absolutely brutal. Waking up early this morning was nearly impossible, but somehow I still managed to do it. Today is a much needed off day. Tomorrow will hopefully be a nice PR setting workout. Glycogen is definitely depleted. Going up stairs today took everything out of me. On a good note, i'm barely sore at all, which I wasn't expecting..
Your refeed is on Friday ? You may try a min refeed mid week as you are leaner and less likely to run into difficulty especially considering your activity level..

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I'm doing UD2.0 so I'm only in a caloric deficit 3 days out of the week. The hard part is the depletion workouts on 2 of the 3 deficit days. This is a week break down:

Monday: 1500 ish cals. 250g P, 30g F, 40g C : Depletion workout
Tuesday: 1500 ish cals. 250g P, 30g F, 40g C: Depletion workout + Rugby
Wednesday: 1500 ish cals. 250g P, 30g F, 20g C: Cardio only
Thursday: 3000 cals. No carb till 4pm, then 400g carb: Full body Strength/ Hypertrophy
Friday: 5000 ish cals. 900g carb, 250g P, 20-30g F: Light pump session
Saturday:3000 cals. 300g C, 250 P, 90g F: Full body Strength/ Power
Sunday: 3000 cals. 300g C, 250g P, 90g F: plyo, and light conditioning work

So if I was doing my normal workouts, i'd have about a 4500 cal per week deficit. However, with the addition of rugby, and the new workout regiment, I'd imagine its a little closer to 7000 cal deficit per week. For some reason i'm not losing weight though, just getting leaner. Definitely not going to complain though.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm doing UD2.0 so I'm only in a caloric deficit 3 days out of the week. The hard part is the depletion workouts on 2 of the 3 deficit days. This is a week break down:

Monday: 1500 ish cals. 250g P, 30g F, 40g C : Depletion workout
Tuesday: 1500 ish cals. 250g P, 30g F, 40g C: Depletion workout + Rugby
Wednesday: 1500 ish cals. 250g P, 30g F, 20g C: Cardio only
Thursday: 3000 cals. No carb till 4pm, then 400g carb: Full body Strength/ Hypertrophy
Friday: 5000 ish cals. 900g carb, 250g P, 20-30g F: Light pump session
Saturday:3000 cals. 300g C, 250 P, 90g F: Full body Strength/ Power
Sunday: 3000 cals. 300g C, 250g P, 90g F: plyo, and light conditioning work

So if I was doing my normal workouts, i'd have about a 4500 cal per week deficit. However, with the addition of rugby, and the new workout regiment, I'd imagine its a little closer to 7000 cal deficit per week. For some reason i'm not losing weight though, just getting leaner. Definitely not going to complain though.
yah I read that and it sounded good but I won't let a diet dictate how I am going to lift. I know it makes sense to but I just didn't like the scheme...

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Usually I wouldn't let a diet dictate how I lift either, but it makes sense from a physiological aspect and I can't complain with the results i've been getting. In a few more weeks, i may change it up to look something like this though.

Monday, Tuesday: Depletion
Wednesday off
Thursday: Chest, shoulders, tri's
Friday: Back and Biceps
Saturday: Legs
Sunday: Off

I feel this way I would be better able to bring up some weak body parts.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You aredoing a great job pushing through all the tough workouts and energy depletion. You have put in some serious work in here man. You deserve every bit of the great results that I'm sure you will be getting from all this.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
Rock: Thanks a bunch man. I'm just hoping my results will show all the hard work i've put in.

Volcom: I'm glad I could make your list of top quotes, even it is only for one day.

Legacyfighter

Legacyfighter

Awards
  • Established
I've been having some SI joint issues lately, no clue why, so I decided it would be a good time to try out the workout split i posted earlier today. Its seems weird not to do full body workouts... Never thought i'd say that.

Bench Press: 225x12, 245x8, 265x4... WTF WEAK!!
Incline Bench: 185x10,205x10... Weak again
Machine Military: 200x12 PR, 220x12 PR, 240x12 PR!!!
DB Flies: 50x8,8,8 Felt really weak here too
Machine Lateral Raises: 105x10,120x10 PR,130x10 PR
Reverse PecDec: 100x12,115x12,130x12
Tri Ext: 60x12,70x12,85x10x100x6
A1) Lateral Raise: 25sx15 no rest
A2) Front Raise: 25'sx10

I honestly don't know what the crap was going on in the gym today. I felt really good goign into the gym today. I set up for bench and 135 felt heavy. Every rep of 225 felt off, and it didn't get any better from there. Incline bench didn't feel right either, super hard today. Machine Military... HUGE PR today. Don't know where that came from. I wanted to do some close grip bench, but i knew it would go bad just like bench and incline did. One major problem i'm already having with this workout split is the fact that I won't be able to redeem myself from this workout for a week! That is not appealing at all.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd chalk it up to having a bad day.it happens to us all at times