Jarhead's Needtobuildmuscle NTBM-DAA "get the boys working again" log

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so I'm going to give DAA a shot. A little info: I recently finished up PCT after being on for a VERY long time. When I say on, I mean continuous use, sometimes cruising with a little test. I went off a few years ago for a while, then went back on, and now I've decided to make the commitment to go clean for good. So after 2 months of pct consisting of aromasin, nolva, clomid- I still don't feel like I'm even close to being up and running. My strength has dropped (which i expected) but not much. But I'm noticing I'm storing abdominal fat like crazy despite a fairly strict diet and added cardio. I also have ZERO libido. Which led me back here, where I started reading about DAA and saw NTBM wanted people to log theirs, so here goes. I am currently on my 4th day of it and don't notice anything- but I didn't expect to. From what I read it takes a week or so. I'm 5'7" 240lbs. I'm going to be taking a low carb, high protein/ fat approach. I'd like to maintain as much strength as possible and lose the belly fat. And really, I just want to feel normal again. After I run this, it's off to the doc to see if I need TRT. So I really hope I see some improvement. Some of my baseline lifts from my last week of workouts:(just the main work set for compound movements to gauge strength loss or gain.): Flat bench 315x6, Dumbbell inclines 125's x 8, Smith military press to the front 315x10, Smith machine squats 315 x 8. This is where I'm at now, after losing strength for the last 2 months. I'm keeping my workouts under an hour, low volume, heavy as possible with 10-20 min of HIIT at the end. Other supplements will include the usual staple- fish oil, multivitamin, niacin (for hdl), and a preworkout drink with beta alanine and creatine. So there it is. Tomorrow is shoulder day so I will update with some new numbers.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in for the ride bro! I hope DAA does some nice things for you ;)

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Day 6 on DAA: Last 2 workouts went well. No strength gain, but no loss either. I did notice I was fuller despite running lo carbs and I seemed to get a better pump.No increase in libido. Weight today was 239. Oh and my boys are noticeably fuller. I am also running nolva at 10mg/day. I am approaching this as if I'm shut down. I was also thinking about adding in some DHEA because it's another piece of the puzzle that may help me get going again. Any thoughts on this?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 6 on DAA: Last 2 workouts went well. No strength gain, but no loss either. I did notice I was fuller despite running lo carbs and I seemed to get a better pump.No increase in libido. Weight today was 239. Oh and my boys are noticeably fuller. I am also running nolva at 10mg/day. I am approaching this as if I'm shut down. I was also thinking about adding in some DHEA because it's another piece of the puzzle that may help me get going again. Any thoughts on this?
You are off to a good start. You said you were approaching this as if you were shutdown. If so, then DHEA will not help recovery since it is basically a parent hormone that converts to other hormones like test and estrogen. What is your goal exactly?

Transaderm (topical DHEA) will make you feel much better, but can inhibit recovery. So if recovery is your goal then probably should stay away from DHEA

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
You are off to a good start. You said you were approaching this as if you were shutdown. If so, then DHEA will not help recovery since it is basically a parent hormone that converts to other hormones like test and estrogen. What is your goal exactly?

Transaderm (topical DHEA) will make you feel much better, but can inhibit recovery. So if recovery is your goal then probably should stay away from DHEA
My goal -and I know it sounds vague- is just to feel normal again, and get used to training drug free. I wanted to try DAA to help raise my libido and help get my natural test going again if possible. Physically, maintain as much strength and size as possible, but lean out a bit. I thought about dhea because some of the literature I read suggested that I might be deficient in it, being shut down for so long. I know, as you mentioned that it converts to either test or E, but I have also read about guys using it during PCT which is why I thought about it but I have also read conflicting opinions on its' use. My first month of PCT was clomid and nolva, followed by a second month of aromasin and nolva. Now I'm only using the nolva at 10mg. I am going to the doc after this run, so I want to try as much as I can to restore myself before resorting to TRT.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sounds like your doing everything you can before the trt route.def wishing the best for ya.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Ok 10th day - Last 3 workouts were good. Have not lost any sterength and even felt stronger on chest day. Got 335x5 followed by 315x6. Weight went up to 243 but I also bumped up carbs for 2 days. Today it was back down to 240. I haven't noticed anything In terms of libido yet. But on the positive side I've been clean for over 2 months and my strength is leveling off not dropping so that's a plus.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok 10th day - Last 3 workouts were good. Have not lost any sterength and even felt stronger on chest day. Got 335x5 followed by 315x6. Weight went up to 243 but I also bumped up carbs for 2 days. Today it was back down to 240. I haven't noticed anything In terms of libido yet. But on the positive side I've been clean for over 2 months and my strength is leveling off not dropping so that's a plus.
Sounds pretty damn good man! BTW you are a strong mofo! Wow that's some big weight!

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love these daa logs it makes me more excited to give it a go

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn you are a strong mo fo. Libido boost and testical size increase should be coming soon

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
16th day: I have noticed a definite increase in libido, which is awesome. Today my weight was 241. Chest work out today and actually added 2 reps to my main working set for flat bench. Got 335x7 followed by 315x 7. I probably could have done more on the second set but I didn't have a spot so I played it safe. I haven't really lost a significant amount of weight since going clean but I have lost a lot of strength. So this encourages me, that I was able to get a couple more reps today. Maybe my body is getting back to normal. One other thing I have noticed-which is probably from being off drugs rather than being on DAA- is increased muscle soreness.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good update! Yeh unfortunately when you drop anabolics those DOMS can come in pretty bad for a while..

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the long break between updates. A sick child and tons of overtime don't leave time for much else.

Today I weighed in at 238. I am still running low carbs. I have also added in more cardio. My strength has been staying even. I have been off aas for about 3 months now, so I'm happy with what I've been able to keep. I believe DAA has helped where clomid and nolva didn't. My boys have increased in size and my libido is back. Like I said before I will be going for a physical when I'm done with this so i'll see how my bloodwork comes back, but i definitely feel better than before starting DAA. The only negative I've noticed is some days it causes my stomach to get jacked up after taking it. But overall I will be adding it to my staple supplements.