Frank Mir is looking ripped!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last
  1. Frank Mir is looking ripped!


    I have never seen Frank in this good of shape before. I think Lesnar is f*cked! A highly motivated, in-shape, Frank Mir is deadly.

    YouTube - UFC 100: Frank Mir Pounds the Pads.


  2. Im still goin with Lez.
    •   
       


  3. yeah mir is awsome

  4. Lesner is a giant though........Still going for buhrock! Not a big fan of Mir.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  5. Id like Mir to win just because Lesner is arrogant and really doesnt deserve the belt. Of course his wrestling is good but all we've seen him do is come into the ring 30lbs+ heavier than the other guy (puts on water-weight etc before fight) and just lie on top of him and hammerfist them. He's nothing more than an over-hyped street brawler.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Doogsy123 View Post
    Id like Mir to win just because Lesner is arrogant and really doesnt deserve the belt. Of course his wrestling is good but all we've seen him do is come into the ring 30lbs+ heavier than the other guy (puts on water-weight etc before fight) and just lie on top of him and hammerfist them. He's nothing more than an over-hyped street brawler.
    Well his size is definitely formidable but if your a good fighter your a good fighter someone will figure out how to beat him.

    he was only arrogant to Crazy horse cuz they were talking crap about him and his camp. He is slightly arrogant but who isnt.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  7. hes acually humbe in camp he does that for the media to make the big bucks. and yes mir is looking great as he also did against nog. this should be a qucik one!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Doogsy123 View Post
    Id like Mir to win just because Lesner is arrogant and really doesnt deserve the belt. Of course his wrestling is good but all we've seen him do is come into the ring 30lbs+ heavier than the other guy (puts on water-weight etc before fight) and just lie on top of him and hammerfist them. He's nothing more than an over-hyped street brawler.
    +1

    I can't stand Lesnar. Who the **** gets a title shot after 3 fights??

  9. Lesnar needs to be hubled but he is just a freak of nature

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Doogsy123 View Post
    He's nothing more than an over-hyped street brawler.
    I'm pretty sure he was an undefeated national NCAA wrestling heavyweight champion. Maybe more than once, but not sure about that.
    Suffer now.. and live like a champion later.

  11. Mir all the way since toe hold on abbot!!

  12. Quote Originally Posted by texaswolf View Post
    +1

    I can't stand Lesnar. Who the **** gets a title shot after 3 fights??
    yup thats messed up i hated that, what i thought was crazy was hendo got 2 title shots in a row, i mean i taking him against bisping, but didnt even have to fight anyone.

  13. yeah i guess that was the only way to come to the UFC. imagine losing both tho in a row....ouch. hendo needs to pick it up, he barley beat franklin and the other guy parhles or whatever

  14. Quote Originally Posted by bezoe View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was an undefeated national NCAA wrestling heavyweight champion. Maybe more than once, but not sure about that.
    He was the NCAA champion in 2000 and runner-up in 1999. That being said, his technique is not as elite as most would believe. I'm by no means saying that he isn't a phenomenal athlete, but he relies on his size/strength more than his technical wrestling abilities. IMO, it would be more interesting to have seen Dan Gable, Cael Sanderson, and Alex Karelin (IMO, the best wrestler to ever live).
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  15. Must be the Nutrabolics

  16. mir looked devestating vs Noguira!

    i hope he can beat lesnar a second time around

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Doogsy123 View Post
    Id like Mir to win just because Lesner is arrogant and really doesnt deserve the belt. Of course his wrestling is good but all we've seen him do is come into the ring 30lbs+ heavier than the other guy (puts on water-weight etc before fight) and just lie on top of him and hammerfist them. He's nothing more than an over-hyped street brawler.
    Gots to disagree with Brock not deserving the belt . I am as disgusted as anyone at the way he was given a title shot without having to pay his dues . I can't stand the guy and hope Mir drops his ass quick . But the fact remains that he convincingly beat the reigning champ at the time-Couture . Give credit where credit is due .

  18. i think lesner might have a great chin. he tooks tons of punches and clotheslines in wwe hahahaha lesner is hard to beat but i think mir has the tools and is also a big guy but not as powerful. i think dana wanted randy out of the top after being out for a year due to contract violations.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by sonofsteven View Post
    Gots to disagree with Brock not deserving the belt . I am as disgusted as anyone at the way he was given a title shot without having to pay his dues . I can't stand the guy and hope Mir drops his ass quick . But the fact remains that he convincingly beat the reigning champ at the time-Couture . Give credit where credit is due .

    X2.

    If he would have lost, that argument would hold water but the fact is he won, so obviously he was ready.

  20. I like how every one discredits Lesnar's athletic abilities. Being as big and strong as he is combined with his speed is a marvel. MMA isnt always all about technique and chi. You can train technique all day long but there are people out there that will juggernaut right through that. Lesnar is one of those people. He is a big,strong, mean bastard and sometimes thats more important than being a technical wizard.

  21. Brock is the future of the HW division.

  22. to say Brock didnt deserve a shot is silly. He won the fight, convincingly. With that said, I think he had Mir beat the first time around until it was stood up, and I believe he wins this one convincingly. He is a difficult matchup for any HW in the UFC with sheer size, power and speed. He is the future of the UFC HW division.

  23. I have to agree. The fact he beat the reigning HW champion at the time, by definition, means he deserved to be in the fight. What is more accurate to say, IMO, is that Brock's status as a contender was more de facto than de jure, due to his fame. At any rate, he will most likely win - and convincingly - over Mir.

  24. agreed, Mir is not known for his chin, and I think if Brock is able to get control quickly, it might not last too long

  25. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    agreed, Mir is not known for his chin, and I think if Brock is able to get control quickly, it might not last too long
    Mir is also not necessarily known for overwhelming KO power, either; at least, not the type of KO power that is going to take that mammoth down. I am confident in Lesnar's abilities and, unlike many others, I really like Lesnar's mannerisms. (The real mannerisms, not the "in-ring" persona.) The fact is, he is unbelievably humble: he drives a Geo, trains like a madman, and respects the sport. People focus too much on his WWE days, and not enough on the fact he is a once in-a-generation athlete.

  26. pollitics aside he deserved a shot because most people knew he could win easy.

  27. And when the UFC signs Fedor none of this will matter.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by UGHQTempus View Post
    And when the UFC signs Fedor none of this will matter.
    when will this happen?

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Mir is also not necessarily known for overwhelming KO power, either; at least, not the type of KO power that is going to take that mammoth down. I am confident in Lesnar's abilities and, unlike many others, I really like Lesnar's mannerisms. (The real mannerisms, not the "in-ring" persona.) The fact is, he is unbelievably humble: he drives a Geo, trains like a madman, and respects the sport. People focus too much on his WWE days, and not enough on the fact he is a once in-a-generation athlete.
    I know what you mean, people have bitched and moaned about Brock's attitude, but he is a salesman, in the same fashion other fighters are. The guy trains like a freak
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Frank Shamrock
    By PHWSSJ in forum MMA
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 09:10 PM
  2. What happened to Frank Mir ?
    By okboy63 in forum MMA
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Log in
Log in