Frank Mir is looking ripped!

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes but hes also a world class wrestler....strong as fck and one mean mother fcker

I think everyone in the world but me and a select few underestimate the guy, and thats why I personally like him...he dont give a fck, hes just gonna smash faces till he gets respect...my type of cat!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd love to see some more fighters put some weight to face Brock... Know it's hard but holy, he has 50lbs on most contenders and that's just kinda disapointing as the brute strength just plays just a huge factor...
Brute strength alone isn't enough to dominate. Look at Bob Sapp, bigger, heavier (by 40lbs to Lesnar) and arguably stronger, in terms of ability to lift weights, but Sapp gets ran all the time. Lesnar no doubt has the advantage of weight & size over his opponents, but Sapp also has that advantage and to an even greater degree, yet Sapp is horrific and gets beat by guys 80-100lbs liter then he is and nowhere even close to his strength & overall size.

Lesnar has talent behind his brawn, he's agile, has an elite background in wrestling and is well on his way to learning awareness and instinct. Lesnar might have 50lbs on his opponents, but Sapp has 40lbs on Lesnar and all that brute size & strength (in the absence of talent) has gotten Sapp beat down on many highlight reels.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
I know guys who I am heavier and also have higher lifts but when we are doing athletics like rolling and back in the day in football they were better. a lot has to do with it. conditioning and core and real strength. On MMAweekly they had some articles on strength a coupel weeks ago its very interesting. Sapp is a tard lol got owned by lashley.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lesnar's huge advantage is not his size, wrestling, power, etc,; it's what's between the ears. Elite, champion wrestlers have a mettle unique to any other athlete along with a tenacity that is unmatched.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Brute strength alone isn't enough to dominate. Look at Bob Sapp, bigger, heavier (by 40lbs to Lesnar) and arguably stronger, in terms of ability to lift weights, but Sapp gets ran all the time. Lesnar no doubt has the advantage of weight & size over his opponents, but Sapp also has that advantage and to an even greater degree, yet Sapp is horrific and gets beat by guys 80-100lbs liter then he is and nowhere even close to his strength & overall size.

Lesnar has talent behind his brawn, he's agile, has an elite background in wrestling and is well on his way to learning awareness and instinct. Lesnar might have 50lbs on his opponents, but Sapp has 40lbs on Lesnar and all that brute size & strength (in the absence of talent) has gotten Sapp beat down on many highlight reels.
Never said that was the only reason. But it's just like a Light Heavyweight champion going against a Featherweight champion. Despite how good they both are, the LHW will have a clear advantage behind everything else he already knows.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never said that was the only reason. But it's just like a Light Heavyweight champion going against a Featherweight champion. Despite how good they both are, the LHW will have a clear advantage behind everything else he already knows.
Fair enough. I already conceded to the fact that his strength & size was a clear advantage, my only point was that strength & size wasn't the only thing he had. "behind everything else he already knows." Was the heart of my argument.

Again, when he was a D1, heavy weight national champion, he was the top dog amongst athletes of like size, strength & weight. People speak as though Brock could not handle someone his own size. He was D1 national champion twice, amongst athletes of his own size.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. I think people have made the point over and again that Brock is gifted.
If Cain/Carwin/Nog/Cro/Kong or anyone had more weight it would possibly help out assuming their technique and ability was equal. As an example if BJ had more weight against GSP maybe he wouldn't have looked as ridiculous. Not saying he could have. But magic lamp rules here...

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly. I think people have made the point over and again that Brock is gifted.
If Cain/Carwin/Nog/Cro/Kong or anyone had more weight it would possibly help out assuming their technique and ability was equal. As an example if BJ had more weight against GSP maybe he wouldn't have looked as ridiculous. Not saying he could have. But magic lamp rules here...
You do make a good point with the GSP/Penn analogy. I'm not saying more weight & strength on BJ would have resulted in a different outcome, GSP is GSP, but as you said, "maybe he (BJ) wouldn't have looked so ridiculous."

I'm not sure I've ever witnessed BJ get pimped like that, it was a bit traumatizing.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
True, but with every one post illuminating his legitimacy, there are still ten other posts basically calling him the white Kimbo Slice. Repetition begets repetition.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
BJ is soft and overrated...for the longest time he didnt even look like he worked out or trained at all, plus all that pointing at gsp for drugs makes him look like a poor loser.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
BJ is soft and overrated...for the longest time he didnt even look like he worked out or trained at all, plus all that pointing at gsp for drugs makes him look like a poor loser.
Poor loser, yeah, probably. Overrated, I don't know. What he accomplished in BJJ in conjunction with his expediency is an uncommon accomplishment, but to each their own.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
fedor is soft, no doubt, he looks like someones fat neighbor. However, looking like a mr. olympia wont make you a good fighter, a la marvin eastman

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
fedor is soft, no doubt, he looks like someones fat neighbor. However, looking like a mr. olympia wont make you a good fighter, a la marvin eastman
Or Phil Baroni, Randleman, Bob Sapp, etc.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
hahaha i always make fun of marvin eastmen. yeah for sure baroni is like 13-11 pro MMA hahaha. good ol evan tanner was good tho ( RIP) umm how bout that guy sokaju or whatever. trains with team quest i think? he suckssssssss