Frank Mir is looking ripped!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lesner is a giant though........Still going for buhrock! Not a big fan of Mir.

Doogsy123

Doogsy123

Awards
  • Established
Id like Mir to win just because Lesner is arrogant and really doesnt deserve the belt. Of course his wrestling is good but all we've seen him do is come into the ring 30lbs+ heavier than the other guy (puts on water-weight etc before fight) and just lie on top of him and hammerfist them. He's nothing more than an over-hyped street brawler.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Id like Mir to win just because Lesner is arrogant and really doesnt deserve the belt. Of course his wrestling is good but all we've seen him do is come into the ring 30lbs+ heavier than the other guy (puts on water-weight etc before fight) and just lie on top of him and hammerfist them. He's nothing more than an over-hyped street brawler.
Well his size is definitely formidable but if your a good fighter your a good fighter someone will figure out how to beat him.

he was only arrogant to Crazy horse cuz they were talking crap about him and his camp. He is slightly arrogant but who isnt.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
hes acually humbe in camp he does that for the media to make the big bucks. and yes mir is looking great as he also did against nog. this should be a qucik one!

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
+1

I can't stand Lesnar. Who the **** gets a title shot after 3 fights??

shortstop1616

Awards
Lesnar needs to be hubled but he is just a freak of nature

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
He's nothing more than an over-hyped street brawler.
I'm pretty sure he was an undefeated national NCAA wrestling heavyweight champion. Maybe more than once, but not sure about that.

vika808

vika808

Awards
  • Established
+1

I can't stand Lesnar. Who the **** gets a title shot after 3 fights??
yup thats messed up i hated that, what i thought was crazy was hendo got 2 title shots in a row, i mean i taking him against bisping, but didnt even have to fight anyone.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
yeah i guess that was the only way to come to the UFC. imagine losing both tho in a row....ouch. hendo needs to pick it up, he barley beat franklin and the other guy parhles or whatever

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm pretty sure he was an undefeated national NCAA wrestling heavyweight champion. Maybe more than once, but not sure about that.
He was the NCAA champion in 2000 and runner-up in 1999. That being said, his technique is not as elite as most would believe. I'm by no means saying that he isn't a phenomenal athlete, but he relies on his size/strength more than his technical wrestling abilities. IMO, it would be more interesting to have seen Dan Gable, Cael Sanderson, and Alex Karelin (IMO, the best wrestler to ever live).

twuncher

twuncher

Awards
mir looked devestating vs Noguira!

i hope he can beat lesnar a second time around :)

sonofsteven

Awards
  • Established
Gots to disagree with Brock not deserving the belt . I am as disgusted as anyone at the way he was given a title shot without having to pay his dues . I can't stand the guy and hope Mir drops his ass quick . But the fact remains that he convincingly beat the reigning champ at the time-Couture . Give credit where credit is due .

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
i think lesner might have a great chin. he tooks tons of punches and clotheslines in wwe hahahaha lesner is hard to beat but i think mir has the tools and is also a big guy but not as powerful. i think dana wanted randy out of the top after being out for a year due to contract violations.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Gots to disagree with Brock not deserving the belt . I am as disgusted as anyone at the way he was given a title shot without having to pay his dues . I can't stand the guy and hope Mir drops his ass quick . But the fact remains that he convincingly beat the reigning champ at the time-Couture . Give credit where credit is due .

X2.

If he would have lost, that argument would hold water but the fact is he won, so obviously he was ready.

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
I like how every one discredits Lesnar's athletic abilities. Being as big and strong as he is combined with his speed is a marvel. MMA isnt always all about technique and chi. You can train technique all day long but there are people out there that will juggernaut right through that. Lesnar is one of those people. He is a big,strong, mean bastard and sometimes thats more important than being a technical wizard.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
to say Brock didnt deserve a shot is silly. He won the fight, convincingly. With that said, I think he had Mir beat the first time around until it was stood up, and I believe he wins this one convincingly. He is a difficult matchup for any HW in the UFC with sheer size, power and speed. He is the future of the UFC HW division.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to agree. The fact he beat the reigning HW champion at the time, by definition, means he deserved to be in the fight. What is more accurate to say, IMO, is that Brock's status as a contender was more de facto than de jure, due to his fame. At any rate, he will most likely win - and convincingly - over Mir.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
agreed, Mir is not known for his chin, and I think if Brock is able to get control quickly, it might not last too long

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
agreed, Mir is not known for his chin, and I think if Brock is able to get control quickly, it might not last too long
Mir is also not necessarily known for overwhelming KO power, either; at least, not the type of KO power that is going to take that mammoth down. I am confident in Lesnar's abilities and, unlike many others, I really like Lesnar's mannerisms. (The real mannerisms, not the "in-ring" persona.) The fact is, he is unbelievably humble: he drives a Geo, trains like a madman, and respects the sport. People focus too much on his WWE days, and not enough on the fact he is a once in-a-generation athlete.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
pollitics aside he deserved a shot because most people knew he could win easy.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
And when the UFC signs Fedor none of this will matter.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mir is also not necessarily known for overwhelming KO power, either; at least, not the type of KO power that is going to take that mammoth down. I am confident in Lesnar's abilities and, unlike many others, I really like Lesnar's mannerisms. (The real mannerisms, not the "in-ring" persona.) The fact is, he is unbelievably humble: he drives a Geo, trains like a madman, and respects the sport. People focus too much on his WWE days, and not enough on the fact he is a once in-a-generation athlete.
I know what you mean, people have bitched and moaned about Brock's attitude, but he is a salesman, in the same fashion other fighters are. The guy trains like a freak

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know what you mean, people have bitched and moaned about Brock's attitude, but he is a salesman, in the same fashion other fighters are. The guy trains like a freak
Definitely. I honestly find his attitude refreshing; he is a classic heel to be juxtaposed against the quiet and noble Rog Nog (eg). He makes things interesting.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Everyone talks about fedor. Everyone talked about cro cop and hendo....look what happened to them.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't see Fedor near a UFC cage. Right now if Brock wins, it is his belt for a while. Eventhough he is 32, he is a young 32 and is still learning and growing which is scary.

Overall I am psyched for this card, as it is very deep.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
Fedor destroyed Tim in ... what.. 26 seconds. Took AA down in one round. Yeah, cro cop had a bit of hype but he still has a knockout cannon set of legs. He was just better in the ring than the cage. Plus he's more of lt hvy and just won't go down a class.

Go watch some Fedor fights and then come back and tell me where you think his weakness is and what Brock brings to the table that will topple him.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fedor will probably never go to the UFC and that is just a sad fact of life.

LOL when some1 said Brock drives at Geo whether its true or not its hilarious to imagine.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fedor will probably never go to the UFC and that is just a sad fact of life.

LOL when some1 said Brock drives at Geo whether its true or not its hilarious to imagine.
Haha, it is. Check out his UFC all-access. He drives a Geo home from the gym.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what a douche. How does Mir brag about a 90 sec win when he knows that if that retarded @$$ judge didn't suspiciously pull Brock off, Brock might have had a 30 sec win over him. I understand a victory is the bottom line, but mediating variables to that degree aren't aspects you shrug. Mir also talks like he's the only one that's progressed since his fight with Brock. Does he think Brock stopped training since his Mir fight and stopped progressing himself? Sure Mir whooped on Nogueira, (quasi-props) but that was a lame duck version of Nogueira he fought.

That said, Mir does look pretty good, physique wise, his shoulders looked solid, but I hope he gets crushed.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everyone talks about fedor. Everyone talked about cro cop and hendo....look what happened to them.
Everyone still talks about Fedor and he keeps winning.... :thinking: so that was a bad example. Cro Cop and Hendo, yeah.... I have no defense (and Cro Cop was my boy).

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had the same discussion with Mullet elsewhere. He's humble in real life, but he still instinctively sells his character, so I can see where people who base their disdain on the "can you see me now!?!" moment. However, in real life, he's humble, works like an ox, has heart for what he does, and realizes charisma is marketable.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
I don't care who wins. I hope it's a good fight and last a couple of rounds. Looking forward to it.

Mir def. does look like he is in shape for this fight.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Fedor's injuries will end his career far before a "peak" in the ufc. Hendo, wandy and cro crops better days are behind them. Id like to see cain velasquez, manhoof and cyborg come over.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om3sZo9KIxI"]YouTube - Cyborg vs Manhoef[/ame]

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
And when the UFC signs Fedor none of this will matter.
I think Dana mentioned that he'd be interested in signing Barnett is he beats Fedor... but he didn't mention wanting Fedora

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Fedor's injuries will end his career far before a "peak" in the ufc. Hendo, wandy and cro crops better days are behind them. Id like to see cain velasquez, manhoof and cyborg come over.

Holy fcuk! Cyborg has one heck of a chin I'll tell you that much, damn.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
I would really like to see Brock win even though I like Mir a lot! Then I want to see Shane Carwin beat Cain and then I want to see Brock vs Shane. Imagine those 2 big mofos square off.

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
hhahaha i like cain a lot but carwin is so fuking sick. that little punch of his could knock someone out. the HW's are more exciting now but i feel like if they lose 2 in a row they leave unlike other classes. i hope out of this next season of TUF some good HW's stick around.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Difference is Fedor is the better fighter. Plus Cro cop is not the same crocop that fought in Japan, plain and simple. Fedor is an amazing fighter, and has plenty of matches to prove it. The only thing that irritates me is all kinds of people jumping on the Fedor wagon after watching the affliction fights and saying hes the best, yet they knew nothing about him before then or in pride. Ive followed Fedor back in pride and at the sambo/combat sambo championships,.. the guy is a machine, and I dont think he is hyped at all.

I cant remember off the top of my head when, but there was a "supposed" contract sign and meet a while back between Dana and Fedor, years ago. I think one of them pulled out at the last minute. But,.. who knows...

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Funny thing is people will still hate Brock even if he blows through Mir with brute force and little technique. But if its close and say he wins or loses but shows some ground defense or jj or something that shows he's got more going on in his head other than SMASHY SMASHY, then more people will walk away from this fight saying man I wanna see him fight again. Kinda like (not really all that similar in form) Jardine IMO. I'm kinda looking forward to seeing him up against TS because he showed some heart in his last fight against Rampage. Seeing him fight a crazy hard and arguably close fight has won me over. Now I'm not saying Brock doesn't have heart, but I'm hoping to see a mixed martial artist.

As far as Fedor I think from the sound of it Dana is tired of hearing his name but if and when Affliction is a thing of the past then Dana would be stupid not to bring him in. He can fight Kimbo Slice in Dana's back yard or something.