Rampage vs Jardine?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. Cool Rampage vs Jardine?


    what are you guys weighing in as far as the outcome goes. im thinking rampage 1st round knockout 1-2 minutes in? jardine =


  2. Well I am going to have to go with Rampage, I friggin hate the "Dean of Mean" lol.

  3. Rampage by KO 2nd round
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE
    Strongest On The Market
    RECOVERBRO: Est. Post #3222
    •   
       


  4. rampage 3rd tko i think jardine will weird him out and hard to catch and i think jackson might know he cant lose this fight.

  5. Jardine......2nd round KO. I think Rampage is gonna overlook him and look toward the big picture (even though he said he won't) and Jardine is going to catch him off guard. I hate Jardine with a passion...guy seems like a douche, but I can see him winning this one.

  6. i say rampage by KO in the 2nd round.jardine gets careless sometimes.if houston alexander can KO jardine the rampage surely can.but who knows maybe rampage overlooks him.i hope not i hate the queen of mean.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Bendiesel View Post
    what are you guys weighing in as far as the outcome goes. im thinking rampage 1st round knockout 1-2 minutes in? jardine =
    LOL, thats gold man. Rampage is gonna F**KING walk through Jardine man....Absolutely smash him. Jardine is no joke, dont get me wrong, but the wolf is hungry. he wants that belt back BAD!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by OzzY SluGGa View Post
    LOL, thats gold man. Rampage is gonna F**KING walk through Jardine man....Absolutely smash him. Jardine is no joke, dont get me wrong, but the wolf is hungry. he wants that belt back BAD!
    man i def believe that. everyone doubted he could even last past the second round with wanderlai. he ****ed him up. this is a new and improved rampage thats focused. hell get the belt back. believe that.

  9. Man, this fight is a ****ing joke.

    I hope Rampage destroys him in the first round.

  10. I'm pulling for Rampage all the way, but I wouldn't consider the fight a joke. Go Page.
    NSCA - CSCS

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Bendiesel View Post
    man i def believe that. everyone doubted he could even last past the second round with wanderlai. he ****ed him up. this is a new and improved rampage thats focused. hell get the belt back. believe that.

    Exactly right. Its the new focus of Rampage thats impressed me. he's always been a bad ass fighter, but now he seems more focused mentally. I mean consider this: The previous 2 fights with Silva the guy absolutely destroyed him to the point where he prob almost ended in the ER. So to go into the 3rd and smash him round one shows some real mental grit, Alot of guys would be defeated before they even entered octagon based on previous fights. He has real belief. The forrest loss opened his eyes and got him serious again! I agree he WILL get that belt back, just a matter of when.....

    PS Jardine is a dead man walking.

  12. 2 words for this fight: leg kicks. Page still hasn't learned how to check them and Jardine is not a brawler like Wandy.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  13. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    2 words for this fight: leg kicks. Page still hasn't learned how to check them and Jardine is not a brawler like Wandy.
    That's my exact logic as to why I don't consider this fight a joke. Jardine flustered Chuck with kicks and Page got flustered by kicks. If Jardine brings that same game plan, we may or may not see a Page/Forrest 2.
    NSCA - CSCS

  14. I totally agree with ya boys, But we Have to assume his camp is all over that surely? Maybe im just biased cause I like Rampage

  15. Quote Originally Posted by OzzY SluGGa View Post
    I totally agree with ya boys, But we Have to assume his camp is all over that surely? Maybe im just biased cause I like Rampage
    You and me both, I'm rooting for Page 100%, and I'm hoping you're right.
    NSCA - CSCS

  16. I also think that while the leg kicking was VERY effective against Chuck, he would NEVER shoot, You can see Rampage shooting, picking him up and dropping him straight on his head well, I can see that anyway. lol

  17. Quote Originally Posted by OzzY SluGGa View Post
    I totally agree with ya boys, But we Have to assume his camp is all over that surely? Maybe im just biased cause I like Rampage
    Jardine always does well when he is a big dog (e.g. Chuck and Forrest) and he is working with arguably the best camp in MMA. Rampage has great technical boxing, which leaves his lead leg open to leg kicks (his front leg is at a slight angle facing his right). All he has to do is follow Forrest's gameplan of keeping the distance, explode in, and explode out.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  18. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Jardine always does well when he is a big dog (e.g. Chuck and Forrest) and he is working with arguably the best camp in MMA. Rampage has great technical boxing, which leaves his lead leg open to leg kicks (his front leg is at a slight angle facing his right). All he has to do is follow Forrest's gameplan of keeping the distance, explode in, and explode out.
    We have Rodja to blame if Jardine gets wind of this I totally agree, which is what worries me.
    NSCA - CSCS

  19. jardine will be tough but lots of K.O.s latley damn I am not calling decisions anymore hahaha. Jardine is tricky I hope Page doesnt swing for the fences like Koscheck did on saturday

  20. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    We have Rodja to blame if Jardine gets wind of this I totally agree, which is what worries me.
    I practicing for a backup career as an analyst.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  21. Rodja.....SHHHHHHH, How do we know Jardines camp isn't trowling the net looking for tips! Dont jinx him
    And yes he is working with what many consider to be the best camp going ( I had forgotten that) Damn you again!

  22. rodja is the man

  23. Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteguy29 View Post
    rodja is the man
    I know man, im just mucking round mate

  24. nah man. im sure they are all over the legs kicks. since forest shut him down with that. im sure he knows jardine ravaged chuck with them so im almost positive they are watching those kicks. i have no worries. like i said hes a new person and ive never seen him so hungry.

  25. I think this fight is a joke because Rampage never lost to Forrest (in my opinion) and should have had a quick title shot. Now, I understand that his incident with the law might have slowed things down for him. But I don't get why he is fighting Jardine. I simply just don't think the fight should be taking place right now.

    As far as how the fight will go, Jardine has a chance if he follows the methods of Forrest as some of you have pointed out. I simply hope that Rampage will work on that seeing as Forrest did damage his leg pretty well. It seems like that would be a priority.

    I should also mention I'm biased against Jardine and for Rampage. Lol.

  26. [QUOTE=Emerge;1823797]I think this fight is a joke because Rampage never lost to Forrest (in my opinion) and should have had a quick title shot. Now, I understand that his incident with the law might have slowed things down for him. But I don't get why he is fighting Jardine. I simply just don't think the fight should be taking place right now.

    As far as how the fight will go, Jardine has a chance if he follows the methods of Forrest as some of you have pointed out. I simply hope that Rampage will work on that seeing as Forrest did damage his leg pretty well. It seems like that would be a priority.

    I should also mention I'm biased against Jardine and for Rampage. Lol.[/QUOTE]

    I think we all are in here, with the exception of our interning MMA analyst, Rodja.
    NSCA - CSCS

  27. [QUOTE=VolcomX311;1823807]
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerge View Post
    I think this fight is a joke because Rampage never lost to Forrest (in my opinion) and should have had a quick title shot. Now, I understand that his incident with the law might have slowed things down for him. But I don't get why he is fighting Jardine. I simply just don't think the fight should be taking place right now.

    As far as how the fight will go, Jardine has a chance if he follows the methods of Forrest as some of you have pointed out. I simply hope that Rampage will work on that seeing as Forrest did damage his leg pretty well. It seems like that would be a priority.

    I should also mention I'm biased against Jardine and for Rampage. Lol.[/QUOTE]

    I think we all are in here, with the exception of our interning MMA analyst, Rodja.
    i dont know if im correct but didnt jardine get ktfo in his last fight. i mean smooth out? and yes imo i dont think forrest did what it took to take the belt from rampage. now wanderlai was coming off a win to keith jardine. if rampage beat wanderlei witf is rampage fighting jardine? shouldnt he be in route for a title fight? unless they're beefing up a forest and rampage 2. i dont understand the logic behind it. if jardine lost to silva. why is rampage whos stemming off of a win to wanderlei fighting the loser?

  28. retract my statement about jardine getting ktfo in his last fight that was with wanderlei. he won to brandon vera. but that doesnt even put him anywhere close to fighting rampage?

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Bendiesel View Post
    retract my statement about jardine getting ktfo in his last fight that was with wanderlei. he won to brandon vera. but that doesnt even put him anywhere close to fighting rampage?
    Maybe, maaaaaybe, Dana is taking into consideration Rampage's latest "issues" though they are not directly fight talent related, it may be business related or PR related, who knows, just my speculations. Perhaps Dana wants to see how Rampage's head holds together as he makes his way back in the cage, simply speculations. I didn't read anything anywhere or hear anything through any grapevines, just my thoughts.

    I think Rampage definitely has the upper hand, but I don't think it's going to be a cake walk either. I don't put it out of Jardine's reach to win, though I am expecting Rampage to win.
    NSCA - CSCS

  30. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Maybe, maaaaaybe, Dana is taking into consideration Rampage's latest "issues" though they are not directly fight talent related, it may be business related or PR related, who knows, just my speculations. Perhaps Dana wants to see how Rampage's head holds together as he makes his way back in the cage, simply speculations. I didn't read anything anywhere or hear anything through any grapevines, just my thoughts.

    I think Rampage definitely has the upper hand, but I don't think it's going to be a cake walk either. I don't put it out of Jardine's reach to win, though I am expecting Rampage to win.
    Reckon you might be onto something big fella. This way Dana ca give him a fight that is at least a little credible, while not making it too hard for him. He gets a good look at exactly where he is at. While it is POSSIBLE Dean could win, Im more inclined to believe Jardine is kinda some cannon Fodder (albeit respectable cannon fodder)for Page to get his sh1t really rolling again.....I will now sit back back and wait for Rodja to tear my theory to pieces

  31. Quote Originally Posted by OzzY SluGGa View Post
    Reckon you might be onto something big fella. This way Dana ca give him a fight that is at least a little credible, while not making it too hard for him. He gets a good look at exactly where he is at. While it is POSSIBLE Dean could win, Im more inclined to believe Jardine is kinda some cannon Fodder (albeit respectable cannon fodder)for Page to get his sh1t really rolling again.....I will now sit back back and wait for Rodja to tear my theory to pieces
    I hate it when that happens, especially when it happens after I was agreeable.
    NSCA - CSCS

  32. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Maybe, maaaaaybe, Dana is taking into consideration Rampage's latest "issues" though they are not directly fight talent related, it may be business related or PR related, who knows, just my speculations. Perhaps Dana wants to see how Rampage's head holds together as he makes his way back in the cage, simply speculations. I didn't read anything anywhere or hear anything through any grapevines, just my thoughts.

    I think Rampage definitely has the upper hand, but I don't think it's going to be a cake walk either. I don't put it out of Jardine's reach to win, though I am expecting Rampage to win.
    not saying your wrong but in all aspects everyone has a punchers chance. with that said look at what wanderlei did to jardine. in less than a minute. rampage is going to look for weakness and he knows he has a glass jaw. i dont expect jardine to put up a fight. unless he keeps rampage at bay with leg kicks. but then theres always rampages power. i just dont see jardine being able to win this one.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I hate it when that happens, especially when it happens after I was agreeable.
    Maybe I'll get lucky and he will be too busy to post....

    And Deisel, im with you man. But I just hope Dean doesnt catch him with some goofy, un orthodox sh1t man. he has a strange style.....

  34. Quote Originally Posted by Bendiesel View Post
    not saying your wrong but in all aspects everyone has a punchers chance. with that said look at what wanderlei did to jardine. in less than a minute. rampage is going to look for weakness and he knows he has a glass jaw. i dont expect jardine to put up a fight. unless he keeps rampage at bay with leg kicks. but then theres always rampages power. i just dont see jardine being able to win this one.
    I'm not saying my thoughts are anywhere near accurate. I won't even go as far as to say it's "my opinion," I was just thinking out loud. Jardine does have a glass jaw and Page does have heavy hands. I wasn't saying Jardine has a good chance to win, but no fight is 100% fall proof, that's all. I'm all in for Rampage for the record, personally, Jardine reminds me of this guy.

    YouTube - Technoviking: Karlheinz Stockhausen - Kontakte

    I think Jardine should come off to his fight like that.
    NSCA - CSCS

  35. http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles...-in-2010-16308

    check that out. little paragraph about jackson UHHHH!

  36. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I'm not saying my thoughts are anywhere near accurate. I won't even go as far as to say it's "my opinion," I was just thinking out loud. Jardine does have a glass jaw and Page does have heavy hands. I wasn't saying Jardine has a good chance to win, but no fight is 100% fall proof, that's all. I'm all in for Rampage for the record, personally, Jardine reminds me of this guy.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cat6NPfkHZ4

    I think Jardine should come off to his fight like that.
    LMAO dude. they have a video with way better music to it i just cant find it lol

  37. A Rashad/Rampage would definitely be a who has the heavier punch and tougher chin match. I think Lyoto Machida would beat them both. Personally, I don't like Machida that much, my argument is a pretty generic and played out sentiment, too defensive/evasive, not offensive enough, but that's what makes him such a tough opponent. I almost came to blows with my roommate arguing over Machida once (because I hated that guy), but in the end, I couldn't argue that he does get the win and his defensive/evasive style is a primary reason for it.
    NSCA - CSCS

  38. Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    A Rashad/Rampage would definitely be a who has the heavier punch and tougher chin match. I think Lyoto Machida would beat them both. Personally, I don't like Machida that much, my argument is a pretty generic and played out sentiment, too defensive/evasive, not offensive enough, but that's what makes him such a tough opponent. I almost came to blows with my roommate arguing over Machida once (because I hated that guy), but in the end, I couldn't argue that he does get the win and his defensive/evasive style is a primary reason for it.
    man to be honest i think itd be a good fight. lyoto is very defensive but weve seen what jackson does to people like that. aka chuck? very defensive counter puncher. he got knocked out. no ones been really able to test lyotos chin so well see what happens with that.

  39. From a marketing perspective, the match-up makes sense because it gives Rampage a legit opponent that will go one of 2 ways: either a brutal KO for Rampage or a war that could go either way. Also, this gives the UFC 2 viable options for a title shot vs Rashad which is either Lyoto or Rampage. Jardine is the fighter that Dana would probably love to cut, but he always resurrects his career with a big upset.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  40. What exactly could Jardine have, for Rampage to lose? Leg kicks? They arguably worked for the Forest!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Keith 'the dean of mean' Jardine
    By bigwhiteguy29 in forum MMA
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-26-2010, 01:32 PM
  2. Replies: 69
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 04:20 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 01:30 AM
  4. Liddell vs Jardine-slugfest?
    By MentalTwitch in forum MMA
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 02:39 PM
  5. Jardine agrees to fight Liddell at UFC 76
    By LakeMountD in forum MMA
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Log in
Log in