Quest for Success vol#2 - Pumpin to the Ahhhnold

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Hello Everyone, and welcome to the 2nd edition of my "Quests for Success". The 1st edition brought you through my journey to getting faster and more competitive for this past summers tennis tournaments. Although I did not secure gold in any of my tourneys...I do feel that I got faster, more talented, and actually quite stronger as well. This edition...means A LOT to me.

I have spoken with Matt about hopefully meeting up at the Arnold Classic in early March to Represent MST to the fullest. It'd be nice to meet some of the guys and have a nice weekend surrounded by a bunch of people with the same concept as myself. There is one problem with that....I don't feel physically ready to be there :(

That is where the Quest vol#2 comes in. Please join me from October 6th until March 6th as I not only try to drop more fat...but to gain a little mass and strength as well. I am in the process of formulating my 1st 4-6 weeks worth of workout types...but by monday when I kick off the log, I should be ready! Any advice is openly accepted and welcomed at all times.

Most importantly....thank you so much for reading along. The support is really what keeps me pushing towards my goals. It's that extra repetition...or that last few steps out of the 10th mile.

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
I would be all about the power routines in the first 4-6 weeks, since starting powerlifting (April 08) I've developed more back and shoulder mass then ever before. Not only will you be developing MASS and STRENGTH but you will also find that you're burning so many calories that (if you keep your diet in check) you'll definitely see some pure fat loss. Don't believe the hype that all of us powerlifters are fat-a$$es. Just let me know if you need any help in with you plan creation. :head:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I would be all about the power routines in the first 4-6 weeks, since starting powerlifting (April 08) I've developed more back and shoulder mass then ever before. Not only will you be developing MASS and STRENGTH but you will also find that you're burning so many calories that (if you keep your diet in check) you'll definitely see some pure fat loss. Don't believe the hype that all of us powerlifters are fat-a$$es. Just let me know if you need any help in with you plan creation. :head:
This was what I was thinking of doing. I wanted to research some splits and see what kind of ratio I should work with as far as %of1rm vs. reps/sets. I'd appreciate any help you could give bro, thanks :)

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This was what I was thinking of doing. I wanted to research some splits and see what kind of ratio I should work with as far as %of1rm vs. reps/sets. I'd appreciate any help you could give bro, thanks :)
Bro, I do that professionally, give me some numbers to crunch and I'll provide as much detail as possible.

I agree with power movements being the most effective for conditioning and kcal burn, as high velocity movements do burn the most calories. Combine the high velocity aspect with the compound movement aspect and you've got a metabolism jacking equation.

However, not as effective at hypertrophy as traditional bodybuilding principles, concentration, volume, in the complete absence of momentum, as power movements heavily rely on.

I have great power lifting, total body splits, geared toward conditioning, super charging the metabolism, not maximizing peak power output (as would only be conducive for athletes or competitive lifters).

If conditioning and fat burn is your prime concern, performing power lifts in the lower numbers/higher intensities would not be most conducive to your goals. Maximizing power output routines aren't as effective as volume focused, total body power routines as far as conditioning is concerned.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Bro, I do that professionally, give me some numbers to crunch and I'll provide as much detail as possible.

I agree with power movements being the most effective for conditioning and kcal burn, as high velocity movements do burn the most calories. Combine the high velocity aspect with the compound movement aspect and you've got a metabolism jacking equation.

However, not as effective at hypertrophy as traditional bodybuilding principles, concentration, volume, in the complete absence of momentum, as power movements heavily rely on.

I have great power lifting, total body splits, geared toward conditioning, super charging the metabolism, not maximizing peak power output (as would only be conducive for athletes or competitive lifters).

If conditioning and fat burn is your prime concern, performing power lifts in the lower numbers/higher intensities would not be most conducive to your goals. Maximizing power output routines aren't as effective as volume focused, total body power routines as far as conditioning is concerned.

What kind of numbers do you need? I am all about receiving any help possible. I have never personally *power* lifted...i've mostly just done fairly managable weight with a decent amount of reps to tear up some fat and give a little muscle. Never have I had the desire that I have now to add some sheer strength and mass. Then I figure i'll cut it towards the last few months of the log, haha. I'm crazy :)

PM me if you want and we can figure it out that way. I saw a split that may work kinda well for me...but i'd like to see what you think first and maybe I can shoot that one over to you to see if you have any input.

Any other help is more than welcome too everyone. I'm glad to see a few people subbed already :)

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im in for support broski!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in for the support brother! See you at the arnold in march as well. Rpn shall be there! :D

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I'm in for the support brother! See you at the arnold in march as well. Rpn shall be there! :D
Sweet deal. I'm amped to meet everyone that will be there from AM. That's a big trip for you coming from Florida!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sweet deal. I'm amped to meet everyone that will be there from AM. That's a big trip for you coming from Florida!
I was just out at the Olympia with RPN. AWESOME time bro! I'm so down for the arnold. :D

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I was just out at the Olympia with RPN. AWESOME time bro! I'm so down for the arnold. :D
haha compared to the O...this trip is nothing then ;)

I'll be looking forward to meeting up!!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
After a lot of contemplating...I am going to be doing various changes for my bcaa/eaa supplementation.

For part of the log I will continue to run Purple Wraath like I am taking now. When that runs out, I am going to switch over to Ice by Xtreme Formulations to see how I like it. I was amped about that stuff because of the added glutamine which i've wanted to throw in anyway. After that, I am either going back to PW w/ some added glut, staying with Ice, or trying Xtend w/ added glut. Should be fun :) I've got 5 months to play with ;)

On a sad note, I picked up 2 tubs of Evolution X10 by Star Chem Labs because a long time ago I tried a sample and had a vicious workout. Today I was in a hurry and didn't read the label over and just saw it has a fairly solid amount of creatine involved. I was just going to use that for bcaa and glut....but I don't want to kill my body with the excess of creatine from Evolution X10 and my beloved Cre-02...so I posted the Evolution in the supps area for sale. Damnit.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So extra creatine is bad? I always dump a bunch of it (10g+) in my intra-workout drink because it's so cheap. I always thought it was one of those supps you could do that with.

Am I going to die?

Do I need to write a will?

Do I need to notify my family of imminent kidney failure?

What's HAPPENING TO ME?!!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So extra creatine is bad? I always dump a bunch of it (10g+) in my intra-workout drink because it's so cheap. I always thought it was one of those supps you could do that with.

Am I going to die?

:lol:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established

Am I going to die?

hahaha nice.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I'm in for this thang! :D
The creator of my addictions has decided to follow. I can dig it :afro:

I will be posting a pic later tonight to show my arsenal for part of the log. It's fun. There are 2 things not shown...I will describe later :)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established

The Starting Lineup of your 2008-2009 CTDeuce's :

(from left to right)

Mst Cordygen 5
Mst Cordygen v02
Mst Citruvol Xs
Mst Cre-02
Mst Carnage
Mst Mvp365
Mst Hardcore Shred Xs
Mst Somnidren GH
Mst Zmk
Nature Made fish oils
Prosource Phosphatidyl Serine
Controlled Labs Purple Wraath

not available for photo today :

LG Sciences Slin
Xtreme Formulations ICE
Prosource Nytrowhey Extreme
AlltheWhey Blend
AlltheWhey Isolate

**Products likely to change as I rotate around during the 5 month period. Have never used Phosphatidyl Serine so I will see how I feel about it and that will determine for more or not. After my PW runs out, I will start ICE and see how I like that. I dig the idea of adding Glutamine. Also trying Slin for the first time. Anabolic Pump did not so much work for me....so we shall see if this is any different for me :)

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
i hope to see ya at the Arnold, man! i'll be in on this one. hit me with a PM if you have ANY questions at all, as i don't get on the boards quite as much as i'd like during school.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
thanks man. I hope we can meet up out there too! I think it'll be fun :)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not a huge fan of professional bodybuilding. Not that I don't like it, I just never got that involved; however, I'd like to check out the Arnold this year. If I do go, I will MOST DEFINITELY be doing the 5k Pump and Run.

We need to make a thread come January or something so we can post if we are going are not. An AM reunion would be pretty cool, I think. 1st Annual!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

The Starting Lineup of your 2008-2009 CTDeuce's :

(from left to right)

Mst Cordygen 5
Mst Cordygen v02
Mst Citruvol Xs
Mst Cre-02
Mst Carnage
Mst Mvp365
Mst Hardcore Shred Xs
Mst Somnidren GH
Mst Zmk
Nature Made fish oils
Prosource Phosphatidyl Serine
Controlled Labs Purple Wraath

not available for photo today :

LG Sciences Slin
Xtreme Formulations ICE
Prosource Nytrowhey Extreme
AlltheWhey Blend
AlltheWhey Isolate

**Products likely to change as I rotate around during the 5 month period. Have never used Phosphatidyl Serine so I will see how I feel about it and that will determine for more or not. After my PW runs out, I will start ICE and see how I like that. I dig the idea of adding Glutamine. Also trying Slin for the first time. Anabolic Pump did not so much work for me....so we shall see if this is any different for me :)
Hey Deuce what is your address I want to(steal your stash)send you a letter:run:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Haha! That's sick Chuck!

I see you have an old bottle of Carnage....Let's get you switched out for the good schtuff ;)
Thats what I was thinking ;)

I just feel bad not using supps ya know? haha. Like I was tellin you before...I still have most of a bottle of kreaceps yet too and I need to find someone that digs kre-alk around here and give them a birthday present, haha. Now with Cre-02... i'll never be using another creatine product.

ps - I knew you'd dig the shrine. Not pictured are the Kreaceps and 3 tubs of rok.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I'm not a huge fan of professional bodybuilding. Not that I don't like it, I just never got that involved; however, I'd like to check out the Arnold this year. If I do go, I will MOST DEFINITELY be doing the 5k Pump and Run.

We need to make a thread come January or something so we can post if we are going are not. An AM reunion would be pretty cool, I think. 1st Annual!
Yeah that would be awesome to have everyone meet up. I have never actually been to a bb style competition or anything....but i'm more so going for MST and for the opportunity to meet some people. I think it will be cool to watch some events like strongman, PL, and martial arts though. My girlfriend is going to hate it...which means I owe her a vacation to do whatever she wants. :aargh:

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
oh snap, im definitely in. partially for the log, mostly for the chatter and the epic eating that will ensue. not to mention the food will probably be good for those on the cut (im guessing).

either way, good luck man. im hoping to make it to the arnold too, not to rep of course, but for the goodies and the show. i got to go to the olympia this year (met trauma and a couple others) and it was a great time.

whats the diet going to be like?

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established

i like that idea too. whoever drives needs to bring a portable bbq and we should do an AM style tailgate party outside the arnold haha. grill up steaks, chicken, and of course, some baked sweet potatoes, you know, for the antioxidants :D

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
oh snap, im definitely in. partially for the log, mostly for the chatter and the epic eating that will ensue. not to mention the food will probably be good for those on the cut (im guessing).

either way, good luck man. im hoping to make it to the arnold too, not to rep of course, but for the goodies and the show. i got to go to the olympia this year (met trauma and a couple others) and it was a great time.

whats the diet going to be like?
I'm glad you dropped by :)

I am going to be tweaking the diet as I go along. I mostly listen to what my body tells me and I run with that. For my last log I was running anywhere between 250-500 cals under my TEE levels. For this log I will bump that up to right around TEE but now I will be doing more powerlifting style lifts...or adding weight to the ones I was doing before (ie - clean and press) so I think the extra cals will mostly come post w/o and they will help with my overall goals for this log.

I have 5 months to play around with here...so i'm going to make sure to utilize all my senses and try to figure out the best options for me. If I think i'm not building enough at my TEE cal intake, I will up it. If I think i'm putting on too much fat, I will adjust. etc.

Monday starts the fun. I am about to send a PM to the Volcinator and we are going to work something out together. I already have a very structured idea of what I want to run....just can't hurt to have a cscs's opinion on the matter ;)

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm glad you dropped by :)

I am going to be tweaking the diet as I go along. I mostly listen to what my body tells me and I run with that. For my last log I was running anywhere between 250-500 cals under my TEE levels. For this log I will bump that up to right around TEE but now I will be doing more powerlifting style lifts...or adding weight to the ones I was doing before (ie - clean and press) so I think the extra cals will mostly come post w/o and they will help with my overall goals for this log.

I have 5 months to play around with here...so i'm going to make sure to utilize all my senses and try to figure out the best options for me. If I think i'm not building enough at my TEE cal intake, I will up it. If I think i'm putting on too much fat, I will adjust. etc.

Monday starts the fun. I am about to send a PM to the Volcinator and we are going to work something out together. I already have a very structured idea of what I want to run....just can't hurt to have a cscs's opinion on the matter ;)

Another log begins Monday from the Deuce looking forward ro it bro.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
in ftw!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Look what I found. Can't wait for the Arnold myself CT. It's gonna be fun.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Look what I found. Can't wait for the Arnold myself CT. It's gonna be fun.
Bobbo! Thanks for coming by buddy!

Cool man...maybe we'll get to meet up there. Totally pumped for it! I can preach the dangers of eating tuna everyday ;)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Bobbo! Thanks for coming by buddy!

Cool man...maybe we'll get to meet up there. Totally pumped for it! I can preach the dangers of eating tuna everyday ;)
Yeah...awesome...unsubbed :toofunny:

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
looking good bud. are you still going to be mainly using kettlebells?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
looking good bud. are you still going to be mainly using kettlebells?

Kettlebells are going to be an every other week thing I think. Right now i'm trying to figure out how to work them into my split. I am doing 4 days a week and KB's crush my legs pretty good..but they also work my shoulders and tri's good too...so i'm not sure which day to replace during my split to add them.

If anyone wants to give insight...please do. Here is my split for at least the first month...may change after.

Monday - Shoulders/Tri's
Tuesday - Back/Traps
Wednesday - OFF *maybe some yoga or tennis*
Thursday - Legs/Forearms
Friday - Chest/Bi's
Saturday - OFF *maybe some yoga or biking*
Sunday OFF *maybe some yoga or jogging*

Any ideas for a KB replacement? I'm thinking I take out shoulder/tri's for KB since i'll have 3 days of rest to my legs before I do them fully on thurs.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Gentlemen and lady (I think there is only 1 subbed).....day 1 is underway :bruce1:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
hahaha

a mini update : my order with Lg Slin, Xtreme Formulation's ICE, and some new shakers came. It was a good way to kick off day 1. I'm amped!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll attach a document after I get your cleans numbers.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This may or may not help, but we can keep working at it. Attachment. The name says Timber, but its yours, I had to do some odd ish to make this thing accept the attachment

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Smokey8766 Nutrition / Health 5
tobias Sherman IGF-1/GH 0
turff49 Workout Logs 2890
BMo5 Workout Logs 21
CTDeuce Workout Logs 193