Quest for Success vol#2 - Pumpin to the Ahhhnold

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Volc...I really appreciate it. I will check it out and see how close the estimates are. I didn't realize until last night how truly weak I am right now. I guess just from training to lose weight for the last year or so, I didn't really do any lifting with any REAL weight. I found out last night why maybe that was a poor idea :(

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
10/6/08 - And we shall begin!

Overview : Well my first day started well with a delivery of product that I was hoping to get. Let me start off by saying that Lg Sciences Slin is some intense sh!t. I couldn't say what it is doing inside there or anything...but I felt whatever it was all day. Anytime I ate anything that had a sufficient amount of carbs, it was like my stomach was continually asking for more. Quite intense. Made me enjoy my food a lot more!

I also really enjoy ICE by Xtreme Formulations. Maybe it's the change in flavor since i've been drinking a grape flavored drink for so long, or maybe it's the addition of Glutamine...but I dig it for sure.

Lifts were slightly embarassing. I don't want to go too heavy right now anyway since i'm lifting at home on the 2nd floor and don't care to lose my floor if I drop weight...but I didn't realize how weak I was from a yearlong cut until now. It's okay though....I plan to make some serious advances in 5 months ;)

Monday - Shoulders and Triceps:

1. 50 reps of close grip pushups
2. Power Clean + Press
70lbs x 8 reps
85lbs x 6 reps
115lbs x 4 reps
3. Seated DB Shoulder Press
25's x 8 reps
35's x 6 reps
55's x 4 reps
4. Single DB Front Raise
55lbs x 6 reps
75lbs x 4 reps

^^^my workout got cut kind of short here because of a Manager's Meeting @ work. On a normal monday I also plan to hit some Skull Crushers as well as Triceps kickbacks. Since I have been working my Tri's hard lately anyway...I didn't think it was TOO big of a deal to miss them today. I will kill it next Monday ;)

Nutritional Totals:
Calories - 2,632
Fat - 75.9g - 677cals - 22 %
Carbohydrate - 299.2g - 1,166cals - 39 %
Dietary Fiber - 42.5g
Protein - 249.2g - 994cals - 33 %
Sugar Alcohol - 27.0g - 191cals - 6 %

Supplements:
3 Mst Cre-02
6 Mst Carnage
4 Mst Cordygen v02
2 Mst Hardcore Shred Xs
2 Mst Mvp365
4 Lg Slin
2 CL Purple Wraath
2 XF Ice
2 NOW Acidophilus
4 Mst Zmk
1 Mst Somnidren GH

***Day 1 is in the record books....Tomorrow is Back/Traps***

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Looking good, I'll have to kick it up for the Arnold myself. Due to crap here I'm falling into a I don't care attitude. I need to kick it out of that.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Tear it up CT. Question for you though. Are you gonna post your tuna-free diet in this log? :)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Looking good, I'll have to kick it up for the Arnold myself. Due to crap here I'm falling into a I don't care attitude. I need to kick it out of that.
Thank ya Madame! Yeah I understand that feeling. With the work schedule as awesome as ever, I myself have battled the same thing time and time again. You'll come through it though...you're a goal oriented person it seems!

Tear it up CT. Question for you though. Are you gonna post your tuna-free diet in this log? :)
Part of me really wanted to, and the other part remembered how much typing was involved. As it stands now i'm really only sleeping 3-6 hours a night most nights, so adding something that'll take another 10 minutes even seems wild ya know? We'll see....I have 5 months, maybe i'll go back and forth haha

Looking good my man
Thank you sir! You've got to be happy with Boston's win last night. I greatly dislike Boston and The Angels....so that didn't matter to me either way :)

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
5 months to get jacked will be a piece of cake for you man. youve got the discipline, determination, and knowledge. and you got alllll the support you could ask for here at AM :wave:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
5 months to get jacked will be a piece of cake for you man. youve got the discipline, determination, and knowledge. and you got alllll the support you could ask for here at AM :wave:
Well I definitely agree with one thing there ;). I couldn't ask for a better core group of supporters! I feel truly blessed to have so many people that care to read along with my daily nonsense, haha

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Well I definitely agree with one thing there ;). I couldn't ask for a better core group of supporters! I feel truly blessed to have so many people that care to read along with my daily nonsense, haha
i had a chance to do some kettleball work last week. was an interesting change. my arms were dead tired and my forearms had an unfamiliar and awesome pump going on. and they were sore well into the weekend after a tuesday workout.

you should set up a kettleball challenge at the MST booth for the arnold. id sign up.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
i had a chance to do some kettleball work last week. was an interesting change. my arms were dead tired and my forearms had an unfamiliar and awesome pump going on. and they were sore well into the weekend after a tuesday workout.

you should set up a kettleball challenge at the MST booth for the arnold. id sign up.
haha...you know...that may not be such a bad idea :clap2:

Maybe i'll talk to Matt and see if he would to play around with something like that. Good be some good publicity all around!

I'm glad you enjoyed it though. I really love KB's because they just work your muscles differently. Forearms, Tri's, Shoulders, Thighs, etc. Just a great workout! I think every other week I am going to replace my shoulders/tri's day with KB stuff and maybe keep 1-2 tri exercises if I don't feel I blasted them enough. We shall see!!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lookn good Deuce man!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Why thank ya sir! Not good enough though...which is why this 5 month span is essential to me! I have something to prove to myself ;)
Day 2 ready to post yet? eh? eh? eh?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Day 2 ready to post yet? eh? eh? eh?
haha Bob wins the reader of the month award right there!

I'm going to wait til morning...I have a god awful headache and I am afraid that I might be getting sick, so I want to get to sleep now and hope it passes with some rest.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
haha Bob wins the reader of the month award right there!

I'm going to wait til morning...I have a god awful headache and I am afraid that I might be getting sick, so I want to get to sleep now and hope it passes with some rest.
I found something for your headache!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrbKn5boVPA"]YouTube - Dumb and Dumber Most annoying sound in the world & Mocking[/ame]

(Want to hear the most annoying sound in the world?)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
^^^ That movie is hilarious. "Back up...I know CPR! Pills....pills are good, yeah yeah pills are good." :toofunny:

Going to be tossing up yesterdays update real quick after this, but I wanted to explain how my week has operated so everyone understands why I did....what I did.

I worked overnight all week, but had things I HAD to get accomplished during the day also (check out homes, check out new trucks, check out gyms, etc) so my sleep was awful. In the last 4 days I had slept a total of 13 hours. Taking Somnidren and Zmk helped....but supps can only do so much before your body starts to shut down.

Yesterday (day 2) I was up again after sleeping maybe a total of 3 hours. It was my short day because I woke up at 1pm but knew i'd be asleep again by 11pm...so I don't eat much those days, and I don't do TOO much physically. Normally they are wednesdays, not tuesdays. For that reason I pushed back/traps to today...which I will be doing in a few hours and I used day 2 instead of day 3 as a rester.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
10/7/08 - Day2

Overview : What a mess today was eh? I woke up after another 3 or so joyous hours of sleep and I felt the fatigue right away. I know I had promised my girlfriend's daughter that i'd take her to the park, plus I wanted to check out some more gym's before deciding on one to get in to....so I moved the workout to wednesday and used tuesday as a rester. I hate messing with the program already but I was just too beat and thought I was potentially getting sick and wanted to fight it off.

I have also deciced that I am going to delay the start of Phosphatidyl Serine for 2 months until I take my month off from Cre-02. I want to use it as a kind of a bridge from use to use. Since i'm 90 on/30 off for Cre-02...it'll work perfectly.

Here is the highlight of yesterday. I knew i'd only eat maybe 3 times instead of my normal 6-7 since it was a short day...so I wanted to get in my food really well. We ended up going to the chinese buffet and I ate mainly all seafood. Here is a picture of how they love me dearly at the China Buffet.

CRAB LEGS BABY!!!

Tuesday - OFF:

Other than 2 sessions of some nice "Cahhhdio" :)...I rested today.

Nutritional Totals:
Calories - 2,143
Fat - 72.3g - 650cals - 29 %
Carbohydrate - 102.5g - 410cals - 18 %
Dietary Fiber - 15.4g
Protein - 289.2g - 1,209cals - 53 %

Supplements:
3 Mst Cre-02
2 Mst Hardcore Shred Xs
2 Mst Mvp365
2 Lg Slin
1 CL Purple Wraath
1 XF Ice
1 NOW Acidophilus
4 Mst Zmk
1 Mst Somnidren GH

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
In for sure buddddddy! good luck for achieving your goals, i'll be here to cheer you on.

Also be sure to report back on how that Slin is working for you :)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
In for sure buddddddy! good luck for achieving your goals, i'll be here to cheer you on.

Also be sure to report back on how that Slin is working for you :)
Thanks for checkin it out bro! I will definitely let you know how the Slin is working. Right now I have some craziness going on in my stomach...but I can't tell if it's straight stomach pains or maybe it's the product sending the carbs where they need to be or what haha. I have dedicated to running it for at least 2 months though. At that time I will be on my off month from Cre-02 and I can decide if I want to continue Slin or not. I will also still be running Xtreme Formulations ICE through then also (unless MST has a bcaa waiting for me by then ;))

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for checkin it out bro! I will definitely let you know how the Slin is working. Right now I have some craziness going on in my stomach...but I can't tell if it's straight stomach pains or maybe it's the product sending the carbs where they need to be or what haha. I have dedicated to running it for at least 2 months though. At that time I will be on my off month from Cre-02 and I can decide if I want to continue Slin or not. I will also still be running Xtreme Formulations ICE through then also (unless MST has a bcaa waiting for me by then ;))
Bad stomach pains? How are you dosing your slin? haha i hear you on our respective companies bringing out a bcaa product.. haha that would be damn sweet.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Bad stomach pains? How are you dosing your slin? haha i hear you on our respective companies bringing out a bcaa product.. haha that would be damn sweet.
Taking 2x2 times a day with heavy carb meals. It's not really intense pains or anything...I just feel stuff going on in there, haha. Not like the feeling you get with Acidophilus when thats working....but a different kind of feeling.

I assume it has to be doing something though...whether it be good or bad. When I took AP it didn't do anything at all. It was like I was taking a pill filled with cotton candy (no offense to any usp reps that may be following along)...so it's gotta be doing something in there, haha.

I am amped on Slin...but to be honest, the main focus of my supps right now is Cre-02 anyway. The stuff is just pure genius. I know you can personally attest to that ;)

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Taking 2x2 times a day with heavy carb meals. It's not really intense pains or anything...I just feel stuff going on in there, haha. Not like the feeling you get with Acidophilus when thats working....but a different kind of feeling.

I assume it has to be doing something though...whether it be good or bad. When I took AP it didn't do anything at all. It was like I was taking a pill filled with cotton candy (no offense to any usp reps that may be following along)...so it's gotta be doing something in there, haha.

I am amped on Slin...but to be honest, the main focus of my supps right now is Cre-02 anyway. The stuff is just pure genius. I know you can personally attest to that ;)

Yeah Slin for me so far has been effective, I'll continue to run it and finish the bottle before I make a final judgment. Btw.. yes.. cre-02 is a damn fine creatine, possibly the best I have tried to date. Now I have to spend even more $ on getting another bottle! haha

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
haha the extra money spent will be totally worth it and you know it :clap2:

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank ya Madame! Yeah I understand that feeling. With the work schedule as awesome as ever, I myself have battled the same thing time and time again. You'll come through it though...you're a goal oriented person it seems!

Part of me really wanted to, and the other part remembered how much typing was involved. As it stands now i'm really only sleeping 3-6 hours a night most nights, so adding something that'll take another 10 minutes even seems wild ya know? We'll see....I have 5 months, maybe i'll go back and forth haha

Thank you sir! You've got to be happy with Boston's win last night. I greatly dislike Boston and The Angels....so that didn't matter to me either way :)
That is blasphemy I say. You do not like Boston I am now unsubbed LOL

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
That is blasphemy I say. You do not like Boston I am now unsubbed LOL
haha come on man...we already knew this about each other. It's okay though....I can laugh at your Patriots and you can laugh at my Yankees!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
3 hours of sleep sounds scary man. Other than that lookn good!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
3 hours of sleep sounds scary man. Other than that lookn good!
haha that was 3 hours...4 consecutive nights. now THAT'S scary!

it's cool...I slept good last night and had an awesome back/traps workout a little bit ago. Just cooked up some food for the next few days. Life is good for the moment.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn bro - I dont know how you do it

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Damn bro - I dont know how you do it
Not Easily :aargh:....but it's gotta be done sometimes. I'm hoping things will get slightly easier once I live with my girlfriend. She knows my goals and totally respects them...and right now is the time where we're running around trying to get a house/loan/I need another car/money/ugh.

yep...it's been a fun month and a half. No biggie though...I got this :)

Neither side of my family was blessed with good luck...but at least one of the sides was raised on hard work. I will bust my ass day in and day out for what I want in life....I can't fail :bruce2:

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
tardy, but subbed!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:clap2: I respect that man
Not Easily :aargh:....but it's gotta be done sometimes. I'm hoping things will get slightly easier once I live with my girlfriend. She knows my goals and totally respects them...and right now is the time where we're running around trying to get a house/loan/I need another car/money/ugh.

yep...it's been a fun month and a half. No biggie though...I got this :)

Neither side of my family was blessed with good luck...but at least one of the sides was raised on hard work. I will bust my ass day in and day out for what I want in life....I can't fail :bruce2:

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Rob! Happy to see you here bro, thanks for subbing! Always appreciate your support.
heck yeah buddy! I'll be following along and dropping some notes when I can.

you've got the ultimate support group here!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
heck yeah buddy! I'll be following along and dropping some notes when I can.

you've got the ultimate support group here!

That is oh so very true. I am waiting on one person to sub in that I thought would be here by now, haha. Other than that one person....I could not ask for a better group around me.

*not saying that person is better, just expected their arrival by this point ;)

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
haha come on man...we already knew this about each other. It's okay though....I can laugh at your Patriots and you can laugh at my Yankees!
Did I ever mention?

...and apparently the Mariners....and Seahawks too! Argh!

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
lol...at least our teams suck together *no homo*

well you know....except for the Giants that is ;)
Yeah, I can't argue with that until they lose a few games. :run:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
haha yeah well....we'll see what happens when they get up to a potential dangerous trio *pitt, philly, dallas*. I'd like to see them take at least 2 of those games....if not 3.

Their "O" line and defense are the reason it's getting done though. I hate to see people like Eli and Plax get too much credit. Without the months worth of time the O line is giving Eli....he wouldn't be doing sh1t.

And as usual...the Big Blue D is dangerous.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
haha yeah well....we'll see what happens when they get up to a potential dangerous trio *pitt, philly, dallas*. I'd like to see them take at least 2 of those games....if not 3.

Their "O" line and defense are the reason it's getting done though. I hate to see people like Eli and Plax get too much credit. Without the months worth of time the O line is giving Eli....he wouldn't be doing sh1t.

And as usual...the Big Blue D is dangerous.
I wish Seattle had something to look forward to. The just plain suck.

Seattle Seahawks new slogans

Seattle Seahawks "The Lions of the West"
Seattle Seahawks "We've Perfected Failure"

I should turn it into a poll LOL

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I wish Seattle had something to look forward to. The just plain suck.

Seattle Seahawks new slogans

Seattle Seahawks "The Lions of the West"
Seattle Seahawks "We've Perfected Failure"

I should turn it into a poll LOL
haha well I dont think you can really coin either one just yet. I think the perfection in failure simply HAS to go to Cincy....and the Lions of the West can't work just yet as you visited the SuperBowl not but a few years ago as where the Lions...well....I think we all know their story :toofunny:

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
haha well I dont think you can really coin either one just yet. I think the perfection in failure simply HAS to go to Cincy....and the Lions of the West can't work just yet as you visited the SuperBowl not but a few years ago as where the Lions...well....I think we all know their story :toofunny:
:goodpost: Werd!

Unfortunately the Seahawks have a coaching change coming up that may sink them into the pits of the CFL. :eek:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
:goodpost: Werd!

Unfortunately the Seahawks have a coaching change coming up that may sink them into the pits of the CFL. :eek:
I'm scared for you.

I think Holmgren is a truly phenomenal coach and really....it's not like you have a lot of all stars OR team players on that team. It should be interesting to see what happens.

Your best bet is to get a real QB. Hasselback won't win you a championship. I mean...thats what was said about Eli too..but when he was put on the stage, he delivered. Hasselback was there...and did not so much.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
uh oh, I'm gonna have to start following football in order to keep up with this thread...damnit guys, I don't have any more free time to watch TV!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
uh oh, I'm gonna have to start following football in order to keep up with this thread...damnit guys, I don't have any more free time to watch TV!

haha it's cool ... just a temporary lapse of fitness log brought on by testosterone filled sporting :)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Better late than never...

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
10/8/08 - Day3

Overview : Ah yess! I only slept maybe 6 hours but it beats the crap out of 3, haha. My issue is that i've worked so much 3rd shift that on my days off when I want to be sleeping normal people hours, I can't force myself to do it. It's really frusturating. We are supposed to start 6 week rotations soon where we all work different shifts. Lets see if that happens. So far for the year we've been open i've been the one "effed" into the worst shifts.

Good back/traps workout today. The only thing that held me back was the setup of my weights. I don't have 45's at all...so I couldn't get anymore weight on the bar for DL's or else I may have gone higher. Ate well...it was a good day. As I said when I first started, I want to keep my cals a little lower right now to see what kind of effects I have while lifting "heavy" on low cals. So far I feel good!

Wednesday - Back/Traps:

- 50 reps wide grip pushups
- Deadlifts
175lbs x 8
195lbs x 6
255lbs x 3
- Bent over Rows
85lbs x 8
115lbs x 6
140lbs x 4
- Upright Rows
65lbs x 10
85lbs x 6
115lbs x 4
- DB Shrugs
55's x 10
80's x 6
*My dumbbells felt awkward going any higher because of my current home setup. I obviously could have done much more
- Behind the Back BB shrugs
65lbs x 10
115lbs x 8

^^^need 45's :(

Nutritional Totals:
Calories - 2,144
Fat - 51.5g - 463cals - 20 %
Carbohydrate 244.3g - 948cals - 41 %
Dietary Fiber 34.1g
Protein 231.9g - 923cals - 40 %

Supplements:
3 Mst Cre-02