rash from androgel

gettingold

Awards
I'v been on androgel 5 g/day for a while now. All test levels are up slightly. If I look at the numbers I'd think this stuff didn't work, but apparantly levels are up enough because I feel a lot better. Problem is I'm getting a rash everywhere I put the stuff. Not real obvious, kinda like a heat rash, but it really bugs me. Anyone else experience this and if so what do I do about it? Doc suggested a patch, but said I would definitely get a rash from them. Also talked about an injection every 2-3 weeks, too many highs and lows. Any thoughts? thanks....

gettingold

Awards
No soy sensitivity that I know of. I already take a claritan ed in the am re: allergies. Doc also thought trying a benedryl at night may help. Don't notice it much on the soulders (freckles), but very visible on sides (lats).

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I'v been on androgel 5 g/day for a while now. All test levels are up slightly. If I look at the numbers I'd think this stuff didn't work, but apparantly levels are up enough because I feel a lot better. Problem is I'm getting a rash everywhere I put the stuff. Not real obvious, kinda like a heat rash, but it really bugs me. Anyone else experience this and if so what do I do about it? Doc suggested a patch, but said I would definitely get a rash from them. Also talked about an injection every 2-3 weeks, too many highs and lows. Any thoughts? thanks....
Other than rash, 5g is not enough, cost a lot and is mess to apply, I did that for few years.

Switch to Depo-Testosterone, but will have to do E3D or E2D
E3D--Every third day
E2D--Everty other day

You also need HCG Novarel, to preserve testis size and production if any.
T and HCG subq injection around navel using smallest needle available for both.

Decide on some dose, retest in six weeks, adjust dose.
Depo®-Testosterone---200 mg/mL
130.7mg/week=130/200=0.65mL/week
E3D dose = 0.65/7*3=0.278mL=0.278cc=28marks on insuline syringe, '=0.28/3*7*200=130.7

I do E3D, both T&HCG one day then two days free of shots.

Since you already taking Androgel, (I was taking Tcream-similar), startup to get faster to stable level

Day1-0.28cc +250iu HCG
Day2-
Day3-0.28cc +500iu HCG
Day4-
Day5-
Day6-0.28cc +500iu HCG
normal schedule E3D

I am using 29ga 1/2cc 1/2long needle
but switching to thinner shorter
Easy Touch U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16 inch Short Needle 100/Box
Easy Touch U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16 inch Short Needle 100/Box Sale Price: $13.99
-----------------------------------------------------------
I did not used yet the 31ga, but am guessing it should be ok, syringes are in the mail.
I am actually using this syringe now:
3532041 Monoject Ultrafine U-100 Insulin Syringe 29 Gauge 3/10cc 1/2inch Needle 100/box $15.99
Monoject Ultrafine U-100 Insulin Syringe 29 Gauge 3/10cc 1/2inch Needle 100/box

==========================
I talk about it on my thread here
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/66268-jans-bloodtest-april13.html#post827550
I am 67yo, not a doctor.

gettingold

Awards
Doc brought that up, but said it has a distinct odor, to the point where if he goes into a room, he can tell if someone is using it just by the smell. I don't want that. I think I'll talk to him more about the injections and see why he said every 2-3 weeks.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Doc brought that up, but said it has a distinct odor, to the point where if he goes into a room, he can tell if someone is using it just by the smell. I don't want that. I think I'll talk to him more about the injections and see why he said every 2-3 weeks.
I have been using Androgel for few years with good results.
When my grandson came I tried to reduce application area, switched to Tcream in Feb07, does not go into the blood as expected.
Now switched to Depo-Testosterone injections.
If you want check some of my thoughts here, or read the rest of my thread:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/870845-post40.html
posts 22 and 40.

Bottom line,
#1,--I came to conclusion that the usual starting dose of 100mg per week is not big enough, specially when testis are shut down or not working. 130mg/week is my best estimate,
Underline, I am talking staring dose that have to be tuned up latter.

#2,--Use E3D (or twice a week) routine or more frequent

#3,--Use accelerated start-up so you can get to steady state faster

#4,--I am currently using (29ga 1/2cc 1/2"long needle) syringe
and SubQ injection around navel. I am switching to the smallest available needle (31ga 3/10cc 5/16" long),
price-waiting 3minutes to fill-up syringe, well worth it for me.
I rub a lot after injection to spread the oil around, not yet sure if I really need to do that.

#5,--To avoid time wasted on T level adjustment, it is worth while to use (T+HCG) right away.

#Once T level is properly adjusted, do not change it for the sake of managing E2 or other estrogens, manage estrogens using other means.