Frustrated over chronically low body temp.

Jester13

Awards
Hello,
Right now I'm lucky if I ever see my body temp. get to 97 degrees. It's strange to my doctor and I because I'm now on Armour Thyroid 3 grains per day. I'm also on Cortef 20 mg per day (5 mg after each meal-4xper day). I'm also on (Androgel-6 pumps-7.5 mg daily), (HGH-1 IU per day), (Forteo-20 mcg per day), (Iodoral-1 tab per day). Hell, I'm even on Adderall and my temp still won't go up. Pus I supplement with 80 mg elemental iron because that was a little low, I also take Vit. b-12 (5,000 mcg weekly). I take a good multi vitamn. I'm in good shape, around 11 % body fat, 6'3" 205 lbs., look pretty good. I drink Coffee (no sugar), Green Tea, Follow a low glycemic, moderate carb (mostly all complex carbs), protein based diet. At night I take a little 5HTP to help me sleep better. That's it. I don't understand why my body temp. is always coming up in the high 95's to mid 96's. Occasionally I'll see a 97 and that's as high as she goes. Frustrating as all hell. I feel like I'd have much more energy if I could get my body temp. up to 98.6 degrees. Any feedback or advice is welcomed. Thanks.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hello,
Right now I'm lucky if I ever see my body temp. get to 97 degrees. It's strange to my doctor and I because I'm now on Armour Thyroid 3 grains per day. I'm also on Cortef 20 mg per day (5 mg after each meal-4xper day). I'm also on (Androgel-6 pumps-7.5 mg daily), (HGH-1 IU per day), (Forteo-20 mcg per day), (Iodoral-1 tab per day). Hell, I'm even on Adderall and my temp still won't go up. Pus I supplement with 80 mg elemental iron because that was a little low, I also take Vit. b-12 (5,000 mcg weekly). I take a good multi vitamn. I'm in good shape, around 11 % body fat, 6'3" 205 lbs., look pretty good. I drink Coffee (no sugar), Green Tea, Follow a low glycemic, moderate carb (mostly all complex carbs), protein based diet. At night I take a little 5HTP to help me sleep better. That's it. I don't understand why my body temp. is always coming up in the high 95's to mid 96's. Occasionally I'll see a 97 and that's as high as she goes. Frustrating as all hell. I feel like I'd have much more energy if I could get my body temp. up to 98.6 degrees. Any feedback or advice is welcomed. Thanks.
Post your FreeT3 and FreeT4.
My guess, not enough Armour.
============================================================
Forteo
What is Forteo?
Forteo is a man-made form of a hormone called parathyroid that exists naturally in the body. Forteo increases bone density and increases bone strength to help prevent fractures.
Forteo is used to treat osteoporosis in men and women who have a high risk of bone fracture.
============================================================
Product Page
Iodoral®
90 tablets (Product code: 9139)
Price: $26.00
Iodoral® is a tablet containing 5mg iodine and 7.5mg iodide as the potassium salt.
==============================================================
Adderall Information from Drugs.com
What is Adderall?
Adderall is a central nervous system stimulant. It affects chemicals in the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control.

Adderall is used to treat narcolepsy and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
---------
Do not use Adderall if you have used an MAO inhibitor such as isocarboxazid (Marplan), tranylcypromine (Parnate), phenelzine (Nardil), rasagiline (Azilect), or selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam) within the past 14 days. Serious, life-threatening side effects can occur if you take Adderall before the MAO inhibitor has cleared from your body.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hello,
Why is this a problem and why are you on so many prescription drugs?. Just trying to understand what is wrong?

Skyblue

Skyblue

Awards
you could take regular doses of very pure methylene dioxy methamphetamine, however it is illegal, and risky.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Are you Secondary do you have Hypopituitary Problems. I do and had the same probelms your having my temps are always dam low yet I am never cold always to hot and can't take the Heat of summer I need to drink a lot of water to keep from passing out due to being Dehydrated. Then I read this link read near the bottom about low Aldosterone levels with Renin. My Dr. put me on Florinef and my body temps come back up no more fatigue and the heat does not bother me any more.
http://www.tuberose.com/Adrenal_Glands.html

And there is some good info in this at STTM site.
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=8562
Hello,

aculpep

Awards
That is an interesting article and is really making me wonder if my aldosterone level is low. I have the same symptoms, can't stand the heat but I never feel cold. Some days I barely have the energy to get through the day not even doing anything and others I have seem to be ok. Nothing seems to help though and coffee only makes it worse it seems, which wold seem right since it dehydrates me even more. I rarely if ever get thirsty also.
So do I just have my doctor run a blood test for aldosterone level?

Are you Secondary do you have Hypopituitary Problems. I do and had the same probelms your having my temps are always dam low yet I am never cold always to hot and can't take the Heat of summer I need to drink a lot of water to keep from passing out due to being Dehydrated. Then I read this link read near the bottom about low Aldosterone levels with Renin. My Dr. put me on Florinef and my body temps come back up no more fatigue and the heat does not bother me any more.
http://www.tuberose.com/Adrenal_Glands.html

And there is some good info in this at STTM site.
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=8562

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Yes get it tested and test other things read that link I gave you to STTM there is a lot of info on doing the test and others.