Stupid calves just won't grow!!!!!! Highly frustrated

crazy_leggz

Awards
Stubborn calves just won't grow! I tried just about every calve routine,foot positions, etc. I won't say don't won't grow completely, BUT there is little to no progress especially the Soleus. I know genetics play a huge part in their development, but what are some tips/tricks you guys use?

I am 5'11 ectomorph built and 215lbs
7yrs training

JP10

JP10

Awards
Doing incline treadmill is great if you haven't tried it, set it to 15% and go til you cant. Youll have a crazy calf pump afterwards, I think it has helped me a lot with definition as well as shaping/growth. Other than that I just do bodyweight raises, try not to bounce.

Lucianooo

Lucianooo

Awards
  • Established
Stubborn calves just won't grow! I tried just about every calve routine,foot positions, etc. I won't say don't won't grow completely, BUT there is little to no progress especially the Soleus. I know genetics play a huge part in their development, but what are some tips/tricks you guys use?

I am 5'11 ectomorph built and 215lbs
7yrs training
Try to do high volume on your calves, 2-3 exercises 10-15 reps 6 sets each. The more blood goes in there, the more you grow. It works for me

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Intraset stretching on the leg press. Once set is done, let plate push your toes back and stretch the calves for the number of reps you did, then continue again. This is super painful.but I've put size on like .

Anabolikz

Anabolikz

Awards
Knew EMPIREMIND would chime in and say intraset stretching. It really does work man. Only other thing to work for me is to to them like Lyle McDonald says.. Pause at the bottom to take the stretch reflex out from the Achilles and do a 5x5 and focus on progressive overload.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Knew EMPIREMIND would chime in and say intraset stretching. It really does work man. Only other thing to work for me is to to them like Lyle McDonald says.. Pause at the bottom to take the stretch reflex out from the Achilles and do a 5x5 and focus on progressive overload.
I haven't done it like that, but on my quest to giant calves I will give it a shot. I think most people don't grow calves because they bounce the weight and don't go fully down and fully up. This is what was a game changer for me. Also I've gained over a half inch on my calves during this past cut and I think it has to do with the 2 hours of cardio a day I've been doing lol. Well that and progressive overload using intraset stretching.

AllTheGainz

Awards
Stairs. Lots and lots of stairs. Good for the quads and calves.