Jan's BloodTest April13/2007

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
  1. Registered User

Only parts of article is posted.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...oid_interviews

The Steroid Interviews
    by Chris Street

As part of an agreement with Testosterone Magazine, excerpts from my new book will be published in the coming months. These excerpts detail the use of performance enhancing drugs by elite athletes as well as those in non-athletic populations. The book looks at these drugs individually in a scientific manner, something not done to date by popular books on the subject or those less read books published for members of the scientific community.

-----------------------------
    During the period after the injury, this athlete briefly increased his dosage of Oxandrin to 50 mg/d and experienced complete recovery in approximately 14 days.
    -----------------------------
    The following protocol was used 14 weeks prior to the opening of the 2000 MLB season:

Week(s) 1-3

20 mg/d Winstrol tablets

200 mg/wk testosterone cypionate (generic)

20 mg/d Nolvadex

1 mg/d Arimidex

Week(s) 4-7

25 mg/d Anadrol

300 mg/wk testosterone cypionate (generic)

20 mg/d Nolvadex

1 mg/d Arimidex

4 IU/d rHGH

500 mg metformin taken with meals

Week(s) 8-9

10 mg/d Oxandrin

20 mg/d Nolvadex

1 mg/d Arimidex

2500 IU HCG every other day

Week(s) 10-11

20 mg/d Nolvadex

Week(s) 12-14

No drugs used

His in season drug protocol consists of non-stop use of rHGH, Testosterone cypionate, or a Testosterone ester blend (Sostenon), with oxandrolone. Drugs are taken on a continuous basis with dosages periodically shifting if excessively tired, or in cases of injury. The details of the in season cycle will be available when the book is published.

Immediately after the season he takes an 8-week lay off from both training and drugs. This time is used to rejuvenate his body and mind. After the season he is mentally and physically drained and needs a break. The time away from training is more mental than a physiologic need for recovery. The toll a season of Major League Baseball takes on your life is considerable. In addition to having to perform up to the parameters of a high dollar salary, players must simultaneously deal with family issues, wives, girlfriends (sometimes both), and various matters of business. The lifestyle of professional sports affects some players more than others, but for this athlete a post season break in the action is an indispensable part his program.

2. Registered User

Links to Merck Manual

Male Hypogonadism
    http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec17/ch227/ch227b.html

Infertility
    http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec18/ch256/ch256a.html

Primary Hemochromatosis
    http://www.merck.com/mmpe/sec11/ch145/ch145b.html

Testosterone therapy stimulates erythropoietin secretion, increasing the Hct.
    The polycythemia that may occur with testosterone therapy is independent of the baseline erythropoietin level and is neither dose-dependent nor duration-dependent.
    http://www.merck.com/mkgr/mmg/sec14/ch115/ch115c.jsp
  3. Registered User

Safety Precautions for Thyroid Hormone Therapy
    http://www.thyroidscience.com/letter...ormone_Therapy
    --------------------------------

http://www.drlowe.com/QandA/askdrlow....htm#November%
    Dr. Lowe
    criticises Dr. Dennis Wilson’s theories but admits that that using T3 works.

But he does not like sustained-release T3, best use of T3.
    •   

4. Registered User

http://muscle-------chatroom.com/for...6&postcount=30

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLA View Post
    I'm putting this in here for the benefit of others searching. Hopefully it gets picked up by Google too.

Los Angeles is a big city. Scouring the internet and making perhaps 30 phone calls found many people who had not heard of a Therapeutic Phlebotomy or who didn't provide them. This includes Red Cross, Blood Banks, etc.

Finally, I found two providers. They are both hospitals and I shudder to think what it costs. i.e. I know it's not $60. However, when it comes to health, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Therapeutic Phlebotomy Southern California

Therapeutic Phlebotomy Los Angeles

Cedars Sinai
    Blood Donor Facility
    Cedars Sinai Medical Center
    8700 Gracie Allen
    South Tower
    Los Angeles, CA 90048
    (310)423-5346
    (310)423-0174
    http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/blood

I also found Long Beach Memorial Hospital phone# (562)933-0808.

Cedars can also do a "double red cell procedure" which is what it sounds like. 2x the normal pull is made, but plasma is replaced. This allows you to drop Hemoglobin/Hematocrit twice as fast. They wanted my doc to write the script as "double red cell procedure until hematocrit at 45"

I hope this helps someone else.

Mark
  5. Registered User

http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/mens-...134269499.html

http://muscle---------chatroom.com/f...5167#post35167

============================== ============================
    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    An incredible well written post from Dr M. It might deserve a stick

When interpreting thyroid function, it is very important to obtain a Total T4.
    T4 is about 98 percent of circulating thyroid hormone.

If one is treated with T3 (Liothyronine, Triiodotyronine), then Total T3 will also be important to determine what is occurring.

Thus a more complete thyroid panel would include:
    Free T4, TSH
    Free T3
    Total T3
    Total T4

One reason total values are important is that the free levels are influenced by the availability of the various thyroid binding proteins - such as albumin, thyroid binding globulin, and transthyretin.

These binding proteins are influenced by other factors, such as:
    Albumin - hydration, general nutrition
    Thyroid binding globulin - estrogen signaling strength
    Transthyretin - vitamin A signaling strength (since it not only binds T3 preferentially but also viltamin A)

The binding protein levels are not accounted for by the free levels of T3 or T4. Thus when other factors come into play, they will directly interfere with or complicate interpretation.

Additionally, you have weakly bound versus strongly bound interactions with the binding proteins - just as Albumin vs. SHBG have weak vs. strong binding to testosterone. (This is why total testosterone is the best measure overall of testosterone signaling strength.)

Total T4 can be used as a ceiling for how much T4 can be given. Similarly with T3.

Free T4 is not a sensitive indicator of total thyroid signaling strength.

Free T3 is one indicator of total thyroid signaling strength, but I would also take into account Total T4 since thyroid can also be converted within certain cells to T3 prior to use.

Using Free T3 without a total T4 (and Total T3 if needed) to determine thyroid hormone dosing is like flying blind in fog. There is no indication of the endpoint. It would be like using Free Testosterone to determine how much testosterone to give.

In addition to lab tests, it would be important to also try to establish physical markers as targets when doing thyroid replacement therapy. This would include reduction or correction of signs of thyroid hormone deficiency. When one can establish physical markers/signs to determine thyroid dosing, it can be as sensitive or as good as lab tests. This is how physicians did it prior to the development of lab tests.

Combining both physical exam and lab testing would be ideal though patients may not have the means for frequent lab testing. Thus the choice of labs needs to be tailored to the patient and their circumstances.

Winter is a particularly stressful time. One factor is colder weather which forces an increase in sympathetic nervous system activity. This may lead to a reduction in serotonin signaling. This then may result in a reduction in thyroid hormone production. Additionally, the stress resulting from cold weather may result in adrenal fatigue, which would result in a reduction in T4 to T3 conversion. Lower vitamin D levels - as it is used up from fat stores in darker light - also may result in a reduction in serotonin signaling, resulting in a reduction in thyroid hormone production. Stress may also result in zinc loss, impairing thyroid hormone production. Stress also increase insulin resistance, leading to a renal loss of iodine, possibly impairing thyroid hormone production.
    Assuming the nervous system is working well enough (a huge assumption) to:
    1. monitor thyroid hormone signaling well
    2. produce TSH well
    then certain doses of thyroid hormone replacement do not necessarily result in a lower TSH.

There are many factors involved. For example:

1. Does the additional exogenous thyroid hormone lead to suppression of thyroid hormone production such that there is more or equivalent loss of thyroid hormone than addition of thyroid hormone? This lead to TSH remaining the same or going higher.

2. Does the additional thyroid hormone lead to stress on the adrenal glands and adrenal fatigue? Or is there already adrenal fatigue, which can be worsened by the addition of thyroid hormone? If so, then thyroid hormone activation from T4 to T3 is impaired. This would increase TSH or break even and keep TSH the same.

3. Does the additional thyroid hormone trigger metabolic signaling pathways such that thyroid binding hormones are increased? This would lead to the same or lower free thyroid levels. TSH would then either remain the same or increase.

4. etc. etc.

Note that one alternative way to do thyroid hormone replacement is to deal directly with the hormone levels, forgetting about TSH. TSH varies much between people and actual thyroid hormone levels and it makes a huge assumption that the nervous system is functioning well enough to appropriately monitor thyroid levels and appropriately produce TSH (despite aging, for example). Thus TSH in many people (such as those with metabolic illnesses, heart disease, diabetes, mental illness, etc.) is not a good measure of thyroid function. This method is analogous to doing testosterone replacement. Who determines testosterone level based on LH or FSH? Hardly any one. It is easier to dose testosterone based on total level than by monitoring LH and FSH levels. With thyroid, Free T3 is actually a useful tool, unlike Free Testosterone (which reflects SHBG which is determined by a multitude of hormone signals). When combined with Total T4, Total T3, and Free T4, and the patient's signs and symptoms, this is all that is needed. TSH in this case is not needed.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.

This thread is like a shot gun. It pelts one with info and some actually sticks. Just gotta keep pulling the trigger. Talk about info overload.. Two years in the making? I'm sure I'll keep coming back for study.

Good job JanSz
  7. Registered User

Hey its to much gud
  8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by prolo View Post
    http://allnutri.com/chrysin.aspx
    This link seemed pretty informative...
    Quote Originally Posted by chilln View Post
    There is a sinister problem with Chrysin which is debilitating for males. This debilitation outweighs the positive effect of Chrysin's aromatase inhibition.

Chrysin is far less than optimum for male health because it also blocks the action of a high percentage of human 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 5.

17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 5 is the enzyme responsible for the following conversions:
    a) androstenedione <---> testosterone
    b) androstenediol <--> androsterone

Since we males need these conversions to take place at their uninhibited levels, therefore we don't want chrysin in our systems.

reference:
    "Phytoestrogens inhibit human 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 5"

http://gbic.biol.rug.nl/~rbreitling/...Inhibition.pdf

==========================
  9. Registered User

Copied from:
    http://www.cuttingedgemuscle.com/For...=&threadid=174

Formula for Cycling and Dosing T3
    One subject that keeps coming up that many people have difficulty is with properly dosing and tapering T3.

Now while THERE IS NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER for the persistent rumor that improper T3 use will shut down your thyroid forever, it is also not something to take lightly and like all AAS, should be respected. Ive come up with a formula based on the research Ive done, and both theory as well as practical experience point that it should work well for your fat burning goals as well as give you a proper taper so that the thyroid is able to recover its normal function as quickly as possible. The key to this is having a long enough taper coming off of it. Since origionally designing this formula some will note that I have taken 5% off of the ramp period and placed it toward the back taper insted - this is because I have become convinced that in the presences of exogeneous supplementation, the thyroid shuts down fairly quickly and so the better to spend that time on the taper down.

NOTE 1: If you have never used T3 before, it is suggested that you lessen your constant time and increase your ramp up period to determin your reaction to T3 before heavy use.

NOTE 2: Synthroid (t4) may also be used to good effect with this formula but of course the maximums are diffferent -usually t4 convers to T3 at around a 4.5:1 ratio.

______________________________ __________
    CYCLEONS T3 CYCLE FORMULA

Its pretty simple really – 5/40/55 is a time-based formula whereby X% of the time of the entire cycle should be spent in one of 3 periods – up/constant/down:

RULE – 1
    5% of the time is spent ramping up to your maximum
    40% of the time is at your maximum
    55% of the time is spent ramping down to cessation (nothing)

RULE – 2
    Each up/down period is further broken down into equal segments for each dosing level with the emphasis being the dosing level toward the end of the period.

RULE – 3
    I dont ever recommend taking more than 125mcg per day and 100mcg will do for most. Above this amount is quite catabolic without hefty concurrent doses of AAS. There are those who advocate higher doses and it is feasible to do so but IMO the effectiveness gains above 100mcg are not worth it.

______________________________ __________
    Example 1
    An example for a 20-day cycle with a max of 100mcg ED using 25mcg pills. Calculate the number of days of each period first (Notice that where the up/down period is unable to be broken into 3 exactly equal parts, the extra is put on the dose level at the last part of the period. (.5) means 1/2 a pill or 12.5mcg

UP CONST DOWN
    4 days 6days 10days
    5% 40% 55%
    2 44444444 33222111.5.5.5

An example for a 60-day cycle with a max of 125mcg ED using 25mcg pills. Notice that where the up/down period is unable to be broken into 3 exactly equal parts, the extra is put on the dose level at the last part of the period.

UP CONST DOWN
    12 days 18days 30days
    5% 40% 55%
    234 555555555555555555555555 44444433333322222221111111.5.5 .5.5.5.5.5

Hope this helps someone!
  10. Registered User

http://musc lechatroom.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40867&postcount =9

300 IU every third day amounts to 100 IU per day.

When I'm not supplementing with GH, I supplement with only ovidrel HCG predominantly, and some T gel and a little arimidex, ie:

220IU of Ovidrel daily
    80mg compounded T gel daily (plus extra 40mg on some nights I may get lucky)
    0.2mg arimidex daily

On that dose my total and bioavail T hovers close to the top of the reference range (rarely over it, usually under it).

On that dose my SHBG hovers around mid-way in the reference range.

On that dose my E2 hovers around the top of the male ultrasensitive reference range.

On that schedule I don't get spontaneous erections during the day (I find them annoying) and I occasionally get morning wood, but I can get an erection on demand, and hold it for around 30 minutes, around 9 nights out of 10.

###

Now anecdotally 6000IU of Ovidrel has the same efficacy as around 10000 IU of urinary HCG.

Ie: My 220 IU of Ovidrel daily has the same efficacy as around 350 IU of urinary derived HCG daily.

Even if your testicles respond better to HCG better than do mine, I still doubt that you would be able to maintain high total T (per the reference range) on your current schedule.

###

On an E3D schedule, your T will be highest the day after your injection, so if you measure your T on the day after your injection, then you should measure your highest T.

On an E3D schedule, if you measure T on the day of your HCG injection, or 2 days after your injection, then you should measure your lowest T.
  11. Registered User

http://musc lechatroom.com/forum/showthread.php?p=41095&posted= 1#post41095

Bitter melon for blood sugar control

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMan View Post
    So, as a pre-diabetic/metabolic syndrome dude, I've tried a LOT of different supplements which purportedly lower blood sugar. Never noticed any significant effect from any of them.

Saw a couple of studies supporting bitter melon's action. So wotthehell I picked up some bitter melon tea from a local Chinese grocery store. Drank 3 cups (turns out that's way too much) before going to bed the other night.
    Woke up with a fasting glucose of 64 mg/dl!?! That's friggin' crazy. I've never seen a number that low in almost 3 years of monitoring. Drank some more the next day, consumed my usual foodstuffs during the day (nuts, nut butters, legumes, fruit, flourless bread and 85% dark chocolate) and came home to a reading of 80mg/dl. Never seen a number that low that time of day before either.

So, for me at least, this is a very powerful hypoglycemic agent. I'll keep using it but I'm gonna have to be a lot more careful with the dosage.

So, for me at least, this is a very powerful hypoglycemic agent. I'll keep using it but I'm gonna have to be a lot more careful with the dosage.
  12. Registered User

Goal:
    DHEAs(500-640)mcg/dL(13.55-17.34)µmol/L------------------major player, 95% time overlooked
    ============================== ==============================
    Does anyone else not tolerate DHEA?

http://musc lechatroom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3397

Quote Originally Posted by LeanGuy View Post
    I know how important DHEA is... and mine drops to <200 if I don't take it, but it makes me very anxious, achy, shaky. My doctor says this is because it antagonizes already low cortisol and stimulates the immune system. That's exactly what it feels like...an overactive immune response with almost flu-like symptoms. Every time I try to get my DHEA up this happens, even with 15mg of hydrocortisone. Kind of a bummer, I was just wondering if anyone else has the same experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John Crisler View Post
    I don't necessarily believe that is true. Because it balances high corticosteroids does not automatically mean it antagonizes low cortisol.

More than likely it is dramatically increasing T3 levels, by stimulating enzyme D1, potentially causing what can be a very uncomfortable hyperthyroid situation.
    The ensuing stimulation usually resolves in a few days.

Having said that, ANYTHING is possible where hormones are concerned.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    This post is a place maker,

I will not answer any questions here.

thank you.

----------------------------- =========
    what?
  14. Registered User

http://musc lechatroom.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40976&postcount =5

Quote Originally Posted by asdf View Post
    Actually, I don't think there is much difference between the two (extract vs recombinant) at least not enough to worry about. Here is a study that has it the other way around JanSz.

"Recombinant hCG at a dose of 250 mg (6500 IU) gives the same results as 5000 IU extractive hCG."

Evaluation of endocrine testing of Leydig cell function using
    extractive and recombinant human chorionic gonadotropin and
    different doses of recombinant human LH in normal men

From: European Journal of Endocrinology (2008) 159 171–178

(6500iu)rHCG=(5000iu)HCG

------------
    Evaluation of endocrine testing of Leydig cell function using extractive and recombinant human chorionic gonadotropin and different doses of recombinant human LH in normal men

Results: ehCG induced dose-dependent increases in plasma estradiol and testosterone levels. They respectively peaked at 24 and 72 h after the injection. The most potent dose of ehCG (5000 IU) induced results similar to those observed with 250 µg (6500 IU) rhCG. By comparison with placebo, rhLH induced a significant and dose-dependent increase in plasma testosterone levels 4 h after the injection. Peak response of testosterone to rhLH and rhCG was significantly correlated. rhLH did not induce significant change in plasma estradiol level.

Conclusions: In normal men, a single i.v. injection of 150 IU rhLH induces a 25% rise in plasma testosterone levels by comparison with placebo. At the moment, the dynamic evaluation using hCG remains the gold standard test to explore the Leydig cell function. The use of 250 µg rhCG avoiding any contamination should be recommended.

============================== ============================== ========
    http://www.emdserono.com/cmg.emdsero...m115_19352.pdf

HOW SUPPLIED
    Ovidrel® PreFilled Syringe (choriogonadotropin alfa injection) is
    supplied in a sterile, liquid single dose pre-filled 1 mL syringe. Each
    Ovidrel® PreFilled Syringe is fi lled with 0.515 mL containing 257.5
    μg of chorio-gonadotropin alfa, 28.1 mg mannitol, 505 μg 85%
    O-phosphoric acid, 103 μg L-methionine, 51.5 μg Poloxamer 188,
    Sodium Hydroxide (for pH adjustment), and Water for Injection to
    deliver 250 μg of chorio-gonadotropin alfa in 0.5 mL.
    The following package combination is available:
    • 1 pre-filled syringe containing 250 μg Ovidrel® PreFilled Syringe
    NDC 44087-1150-1
    Mixing instructions.

250 µg rhCG =(6500iu)rHCG=(5000iu)HCG=0.51 5 mL=51.5units(on insuline syringe)

Lets make solution having total volume=2.5 mL=250units
    Lets use units of "regular/natural" HCG

That solution will have density of

(5000iu)/(2.5mL)=2000iu/mL=(2000iu)/(100units)=20iu/unit

To empty sterile vial add

content of Ovidrel syringe=0.515mL
    and
    2.5mL - 0.515mL=~2mL bacteriostatic water

250iu =250/20=12.5units
    300iu =300/20=15units
    400iu =400/20=20units
    500iu =500/20=25units
    600iu =600/20=30units

all above can be handled by the smallest syringe:

BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short Needle--1/2 Unit Markings
    ============================== ============================== =======
    http://musc lechatroom.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48255&postcount =11

July/31/2009
    I mix my 0.5 mL (250 mcg) Ovidrel with 2.5 mL water.

Each day I inject 0.08 mL (6.7 mcg) of the combined mixture. It lasts around 37 days.

Plus I also apply a little transdermal T (testosterone) gel / cream daily.

I get most of my T boost from HCG, but not all. Like Dr Crisler, I also believe that we do need daily variability in our T levels.
    ============================== =============================
    Mirësevini në ccTLD .al lthingsmale.com/pdfs/instructions/USE_OVIDREL.pdf

Ovidrel mixing instructions from Dr. John's forum.

You need the Ovidrel injection, which is a .5ml injection equivalent to
    10000iu of HCG. You need bacteriostatic water and a sterile vial.
    Draw out 9.5 ml of the BC water and inject into the sterile vial. Inject the
    Ovidrel into the sterile vial with the 9.5ml BC water and mix GENTLY to end
    up with a total of 10 ml. Then 25 units on an insulin syringe will be the
    equivalent of 250iu of HCG. This will last 20 weeks at the 250iu 2x a week
    dosing. Prescribe one injection at a time, potency lasts longer.
    BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 3/10cc 5/16inch Short
    Needle--1/2 Unit Markings
    The advice for script is to simply say "use as directed".

-------------
    Buy Ovidrel / Ovitrelle (Choriogonadotropin Alfa)
    Ovitrelle 250 mcg Serono Syringes $79.00

Generic Name: Choriogonadotropin Alfa
    In order to buy Ovidrel online you will require a valid prescription
    ===================
    ===================
    http://www.genericcancerdrugs.com/dr...elle_3746.html
    Ovitrelle syringe 250mcg

=================
    =================
    http://www.musc lechatroom.com/forum/showthread.php?14401-Clomid-instead-of-HCG&p=144967#post144967
    That's only because your HCG dose was too low.

The response to HCG varies very widely amongst males.

You and your medical professional adviser know your HCG does is close to optimum when your testicle size is restored back to where they were before you started supplementing with exogenous T. The concept of a fixed dose of HCG (eg: 500IU) being optimal is not reliable, and has definitely not been validated among a wide sample of males.

eg: in order for my testicle size to be close to where they were before I started hormone modulation therapy, I have to supplement with around 34 micrograms of HCG (as ovidrel) per day, which amounts to either:
    a) 800 IU per day (if you believe 250 mcg of Ovidrel HCG = 6,000 IU urinary derived HCG)
    or:
    b) 1350 IU per day (if you believe 250 mcg of Ovidrel HCG = 10,000 IU urinary derived HCG).

I am a well known hypermetabolizer of testosterone, but that's not relevant to testicular size, because most of our testicular size is due to sertoli cells, which are triggered by FSH. Ie: only a much smaller fraction of our testicular size is due to the leydig cells which are tirggered by LH in order to make testosterone.

There is research paper correlating HCG dose with 17-hydroxy-progesterone (healty individuals tested)

do you
    accept those findings
    measure your 17-hydroxy-progesterone

Other than testicle size
    what would you miss in significant way, if you reverted to 350iu/EOD (as supported by above research?

=============================
    5/14/2011
    http://www.mus clechatroom.com/forum/showthread.php?17926-HCG-amp-Ovidrel-protocol&p=145668#post145668

Re: HCG & Ovidrel protocol
    Originally Posted by JanSz
    There is research paper correlating HCG dose with 17-hydroxy-progesterone (healty individuals tested)
    They obviously didn't encounter any hypermetabolizer males amongst their group.

Hypermetabolizers need far more HCG than "average" in order to stay optimum.

Originally Posted by JanSz
    Other than testicle size
    what would you miss in significant way, if you reverted to 350iu/EOD (as supported by above research)?
    35mcg of Ovidrel per day (900 IU per day) is for me a baseline minimum. I take 17 mcg (450 IU) at 7am, and 17 mcg (450 IU) at 7pm.

Some days I need to increase HCG dose above 35mcg (900 IU) per day because I've been extra energetic during the week. I always notice the symptoms of too low T around the middle of the day. On such days I have to increase my 7pm dose of HCG to be even greater than 17 mcg (450 IU) to compensate. My medical professional adviser allows me to adjust my dosage in this way.

============================== ===================
    http://www.mus clechatroom.com/forum/showthread.php?17988-Help-Ups-and-Down-of-HCG-amp-TRT&p=147133#post147133

Actually I now apply 800 IU of HCG daily, every day.

I had to switch to 800 IU daily PLUS 1.6 grams of testosterone applied transdermally daily.

I had to make this switch once my thyroid hormone levels increased to youthful, because I increased the rate I excrete testosterone, and I was finding that on "transdermal-only" days it was too messy trying to apply 3.2 grams of testosterone applied transdermally, as 16mL of 20% testosterone. (JanSz comment, this must be typo, 1.6mL)

As it is, my body completely absorbs 4mL of testosterone in lipoderm within 12 hours, so when I apply my second dose of transdermal T around 12 hours after my first dose, then the original area is almost completely dry.

Note that before I started boosting my resting metabolic rate, my skin was still a little grasy 24 hours later, on the few occasions when I had to apply large doses of T (eg: when I was ill).

In other words, absorption is entirely dependent on resting metabolic rate.

My own benchmark when using TD testosterone, 10grams/day Androgel(1%)-->100mg/day testosterone
    TT=1100, SHBG~18, BAT~575, Albumin=4.3
    no HCG at that time, completely shrunken testicles
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Assume 1gram=1mL (often it is closer to 1mL=0.9gram)

1.6grams of 20% TD testosterone contains 1.6*1000*0.2=320mg testosterone
    This are huge amounts of testosterone.
    I am concerned that lots of test does not enter the system.

It would help me in understanding if you could post TotalTest in serum on such a protocol.
    If that is not asking for too much, please
    TT, SHBG, Albumin
    For privacy, PM would be ok too.
    ============================== =================

I would appreciate if you could discuss thyroid hormones numerically.

I am still working on assumption that for 99% of us TSH provides resonable indication.
    That is, while supplementing with any combination of T4 and or T3, from pov of TSH the goal is
    TSH(0.5-1)

As it is, my body completely absorbs 4mL of testosterone in lipoderm within 12 hours, so when I apply my second dose of transdermal T around 12 hours after my first dose, then the original area is almost completely dry.
    Note that before I started boosting my resting metabolic rate, my skin was still a little grasy 24 hours later, on the few occasions when I had to apply large doses of T (eg: when I was ill).
    Where are you applying testosterone? I am concerned, if skin stays moist for almost 12 hrs (or sometimes 24hrs), it must be exposed skin (face, neck) otherwise most of it will rub off clothes.
  15. Registered User

http://www.matrixnutritionandfitness...1405#post41405

Sarapin

Pitcher Plant

http://www.sarapin.com/inj_clinical.html#Dosage

///
    CLINICAL OBSERVATIONS
    Following extensive clinical experience with SARAPIN, Dr. Bernard D. Judovich issued the first report of his findings in an article entitled "For the Relief of Pain, a Preliminary Report on a New Therapy."6 Largely through his efforts and those of Dr. William Bates, of Philadelphia, the injection technique necessary for satisfactory results have become established. In a rapidly growing number of pain clinics, in industrial plants and in private practice as well, SARAPIN® is giving welcome relief to sufferers.
  16. Registered User

ferritin
    hemochromatosis
    marianco

Low ferritin low thyroid - DR M
    detailed description provided by dr marianco on this thread:
    http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/mens-...134273298.html

Without iron, the metabolic actions triggered by thyroid hormone grind to a halt. No ATP, not cellular metabolism. Thyroid hormone replacement does not work well without adequate iron levels - best measured by serum Ferritin levels.
    Note that excessive iron is highly oxidizing and destructive. Thus I prefer the midrange when it comes to an "optimal" level.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    QuestDiagnostics
    Ferritin(20-380)ng/dL
    ------------------------
    For people with confirmed hemohromatosis
    Iron Overload Diseases Association, INC.
    confirmed by all three tests as shown here:
    http://www.ironoverload.org/diagnosis.html
    if positive for hemochromatosis then use ferritin range as discussed here:
    http://www.ironoverload.org/anemia.htm

Ferritin: 5 to probably 50.
    -------------------------------------
    Dr marianco
    Thank you for your opinion.
    Your statement above is giving nice
    desired ferritin boundary (75-150)ng/dL

with preference toward higher end.
    ---------------------------------------
  17. Registered User

HUMAN ENGINE SPECS

In ideal world, where doctors know what they are doing, we would have few problems.

When I disassembled engines and put them back together, I had to start somewhere, otherwise the engine would not even turn.

Engines have specs, then there is fine tunning.
    ============================== ===========================
    I worked out this set of specs:

My own Goals
    DHEAs(500-640)mcg/dL(13.55-17.34)µmol/L------------------major player, 95% time overlooked
    Progesterone(0.9-1.2)ng/mL
    Pregnenolone(> 100ng/dL)
    Estradiol, Ultrasensitive(25-29)pg/mL
    Estrone, LC/MS/MS (23244X)
    do not use Anastrozole if possible or minimize its use
    BATest(342, 460-575)ng/dL------------stay around 342 if you need more than 1.5mg/week Anastrozole to control E2
    DHT(60-90)ng/dL (I am active when it gets over or under this range)
    RT3 in lower half of range
    TotalT3 in upper 1/3 range
    FreeT3~400pg/dL or higher if TotalT3 goal not reached
    TotalT4>bottom of range
    Body temperature (36.25 - 36.80)C = (97.25 - 98.24)F
    Ferritin(100-150)

###

You do not (usually) influence SHBG directly (Danazol)
    SHBG(15-25) is very good
    SHBG(10-30) is goo too
    outside this ranges not so good
    Prolactin, if high, repeat the test first
    if persist, investigate (heavily) before taking medicine (cabergoline)
    DO NOT do direct FreeT testing
    DO NOT worry much about TotalTestosterone, always look at it in the context of BAT & FreeT
    ---
    If you can't do Quest's
    Testosterone, Free, Bio/Total (LC/MS/MS) Code: 14966X
    do
    TotalT, SHBG and Albumin
    and
    read your FreeT from chart

Androgen deficiency in the adult ... - Google Books

FreeT(160-300) is desirable range (insist on it if IGF-1 is low or IGFBP-3 high)
    FreeT(230-300) is best, (300-350) even better
    FreeT>100 will start engine turning
    ============================== ============================== =========
    Do not waste money measuring LH and FSH while taking external testosterone, they are suppessed.
    When supplying external testosterone do it at least EOD(EveryOtherDay)
    Transdemals-Every day
    Injectable, T-cypionate, enanthate, Sustanon 250,---EOD
    Nebido-15 days
    E2
    One of major reasons for frequent T injections is to keep TT levels at certain (tolerable) levels.
    High (TTmax-TTmin) will result in high variations in E2 levels.
    Among other problems, high variations of E2 makes it impossible to figure out its average levels using one time blood draw.
    Information about average E2 levels is actionable.
    We want E2 to be in certain range (see above)
    Without good measurements we are not able to decide on dose of Arimidex or if we have to withdraw AI completely.

On attached chart you can see that E2 can be 44 one day and 5 just 24 hours latter.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
  18. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Lammermoor View Post
    Yeah - the 12 week interval will cause potential difficulties in adjustment of dose. I found a presentation (click on "view presentation" in this page - agingmale2006.com/abstracts/abs_sag_long-acting_vs_standard_testosteron e.asp (sorry can't post links yet - not enough posts!)) that implies that it is quite stable. Note though that the presentation is sponsored by Schering!

It is a very expensive form of test. Luckily in the UK the Health Service will bear the brunt of this otherwise it would be pretty hard to afford!

I guess my life's not too bad at the moment. The ED comes and goes and I'm liable to mood swings and short episodes of depression. Libido's not great either. I think I need to think long and hard about going on test. The thing is with my levels being borderline they're not going to be getting better. I'll probably find that my symptoms get gradually worse over the next few years unless I treat it. I'm hoping that they might find some way of increasing my test without supplementing. My running's also important to me and I'm a bit worried it may be detrimentally affected by mucking about with my endocrine system! I guess some may say that the running would only get better with higher levels of test and the associated increase in hematocrit!
    I was not able to figure out the link that you have given me.
    But instead, (fishing around your info) I found this:

Clinical experience with a new long-acting injectable testosterone undecanoate (Nebido)

I looked only at:

Comparison of kinetics, efficacy and safety of the long-acting testosterone undecanoate formulation with standard testosterone enanthate

Found that Nebido comes in 4mL ampoules.
    So it may be difficult to divide doses, but I am sure it can be done if one really want.

Second, I have found a chart showing kinetics of both
    types of testosterone.
    I am not commenting on them assuming once every 3 weeks T-enanthate shots (stupid).
    But I noted two items:
    #1, Nebido's TT drops after 2.5-3 weeks
    #2, study aims to achieve TT~12nmol/L=350ng/dL (or there about, vey low levels)

We here aim at BAT(BioAvailableTestosterone)
    BAT~(460-575)

that (on average, depending on SHBG) ends with TT~(900-1100)ng/dL

350ng/dL is better than nothing, is something ment for 69yo men (like me),
    but I am not buying it.

So possibly my previous assumptions was too optimistic,
    better would be to suck the Nebido from the 4mL ampoule into 3 equal syringes, 4/3=1 1/3 cc
    and inject every

1000/3/22=15 days

That would be on average:

=1000/3/15*7=155.6mg/week

Or put it into one larger syringe and replace needles every shot,
    store in refrigerator unused portion.

With Nebido, slow acting, I would not test my BAT levels sooner than after 3 months.
    But if you can afford it, the more tests the better.
    Hematocrit, DHEAs, E2 & DHT tests you may want to do more often.
    ----------------------------------------

Dependind on ones starting point, assuming it is you with current low TT,
    it may be a good idea to start with 2 doses at the first shot and then follow normal routine.
    You being in UK, do not have access to BAT
    do
    TotalT
    SHBG
    Albumin
    and use chart to figure out FreeT
    desirable FreeT(250-300)
    do not make FreeT direct tests, useless, worst-confusing.
  19. Registered User

http://library.umsmed.edu/Medicare/medi-ser-iron.html

SUBJECT: SERUM IRON STUDIES

¨ Iron

¨ Total Iron Binding Capacity (TIBC)

¨ Transferrin

¨ Ferritin

ICD-9 CODES THAT SUPPORT MEDICAL NECESSITY: ©

250.01-250.91 Insulin dependent diabetes mellitus

275.0 Disorders of iron metabolism

280.0 Iron deficiency anemia secondary to blood loss (chronic)

280.1 Iron deficiency anemia secondary to inadequate dietary intake

280.8 Other specified iron deficiency anemias

280.9 Iron deficiency anemia, unspecified

282.4 Thalassemia

282.60 Sickle cell anemia, unspecified

282.63 Sickle cell/hb-c disease

282.69 Other sickle cell anemia

282.7 Other hemoglobinopathies

307.52 Pica

425.4 Other primary cardiomyopathies

536.0 Achlorhydria

579.0 Celiac disease

579.2 Blind loop syndrome

579.8 Other and unspecified postsurgical nonabsorption

579.9 Unspecified intestinal malabsorption

585 Chronic renal failure

608.3 Atrophy of testis

648.2 Anemia

713.0 Arthropathy associated with other endocrine and metabolic disorders; code first underlying disease as hemochromatosis (275.0)

790.6 Other abnormal blood chemistry, iron

964.0 Acute iron poisoning

999.8 Other transfusion reaction

V56.0 Extracorporeal dialysis

V56.8 Peritoneal dialysis
  20. Registered User

http://www.diabetesexplained.com/dia...nversions.html

Diabetic Conversion Factors.
    If you are in a hurry and want instant answers skip to the conversions at the bottom of this page. Otherwise stay with me for, hopefully, education and entertainment.

When I was given my first glucose meter I did notice the small mmol/L at the bottom of the screen but it was under a large number and I paid it scant notice. It was the number that had my full attention - I am sure all you diabetics out there will understand.

In time I nicknamed this 'Naughty Number' because it behaved like a over active child - it was never still! It could have been measured in carrot tops for all I cared, as long as it behaved itself.

Then I started to educate myself and things changed - confusion crept in - now isn't that a surprise folks? It seemed every book or website I read was giving blood glucose readings in mg/dl and the figures were so high.

Made mine look good but I knew that there was no way these people would still be alive with those figures so the conversion rate was obviously not 1-1, but what was it and why were there two different ways of measuring the same thing?

Now mmol/L were familiar to me. Way back when I had met up with them in biochemistry classes (and was not that enamoured with them then - must have had a premonition or something) but I knew mmol/L stood for millimoles per litre and I was aware that the mole bit had nothing to do with cute furry critters that made unsightly humps in lawns but was short for the molecular weight of a substance.

For the really technically inclined a mole is the number of atoms in exactly 12 g of carbon-12.

A millimole is a thousandth of a mole, and is 602,253,000,000,000,000,000 molecules of glucose - see, I did learn something in those classes after all.

mmol/L is the SI or Systeme International unit, the world standard for measuring blood glucose. It is normally expressed to one decimal place eg 6.7

So where did the mg/dL come in, what did it mean and why is it used? Turned out it stood for milligrams per decilitre (which is thousandth's of a gram per tenth of a litre).

So basically they are finding the weight of the glucose present in each decilitre of blood. mg/dL is normally expressed to the nearest whole number eg 120. This is the traditional way of measuring blood glucose in the US and in a number of other countries.

It is becoming less common in it's usage in scientific circle but will undoubtedly be with us for a long time as so many people are accustomed to it. The way to convert from one to another is really easy.

You just multiply the mmol/L by 18 to get mg/dL.
    You just divide the mg/dL by 18 to get mmol/L.
    (Remember, this conversion figure is for blood glucose only)

Confused about whether your country measures blood glucose in mg/dL or mmol/L? Check on the list here. If I missed the place where you live I am sorry, the world seems to be changing faster than I can keep up!

So that appeared to be that. I had worked out how to convert mmol/L to mg/dL and all was tiddly - or was it? It was until my first blood test results came back and I had a look at my cholesterol levels. These were also expressed as mmol/L.

Wanting to know how they looked in relation to normal figures I checked my handy books and websites for information on the normal ranges - needless to say they were in mg/dL.

At this time I am seriously beginning to wonder about the term 'world standard'! However this does not phase me, after all I know how to convert, just times or divide by 18. Yea right! You want to try this sometimes, it makes for interesting numbers, to say the least.

More head scratching and plenty of unladylike language before the penny drops - we are looking at molecular weights here and naturally the weight of a molecule of glucose is not going to be the same as the weight of a molecule of fat. The number we multiply by is going to have to be different. Okay, okay, I know I should have known this but those biochem. classes were a long way back!

A lot of searching later I found the multiplication factors and the results of my tests became blindingly clear. At that moment I did sort of wish that I could roll the clock back and live in blissful ignorance but it was to late - damn. I try to comfort myself with the thought that some of you out there will be grateful for the knowledge.

The conversion from SI to US units.
    Please note that I have sometimes given two ways of doing these. Both come up with identical results. My mathematically orientated husband felt it was not necessary to give both versions as it was obvious that they were the same anyway.

I, to whom mathematics is a closed book, did not see the connection and felt that there might be others of you out there who felt the same and who may have seen one or other method used in another publication and wondered why mine was different - result, you get both and can take your pick which one you use.

I have given the conversions for the tests done on my blood here in the UK. If you have others you are wondering about please let us know and we will do our best to find the answers for you.

Understanding prefixes:-
    In most calculations you will see abbreviations like g or gm for grams and mol for moles. Usually there will be another letter, or sometimes two, in front of these. Many of you may be familiar with the letters and know what they mean but for those of you who, like me, have trouble remembering what is what here is a brief reminder.

G giga 10*9 = one billion
    M mega 10*6 = one million
    k kilo 10*3 = one thousand
    h hecto 10*2 = one hundred
    da deka 10 = one ten
    d deci 10*-1 = one tenth
    c centi 10*-2 = one hundredth
    m milli 10*-3 = one thousandth
    µ micro 10*-6 = one millionth
    n nano 10*-9 = one billionth
    p pico 10*-12 = one trillionth
    f femto 10*-15 = one quadrillionth

In other word µmol (micromole) stands for one millionth of a mole and pg (picogram) stands for one trillionth of a gram. Get the idea?

Note:-
    U/L stands for units per litre
    mIU/1 stand for milli International Units/litre

Sometimes the conventional units are given in g/L instead of g/dl. If that is the case do the following conversion first.
    Divide g/L by 10.0 to get g/dL
    Multiply g/dL by 10.0 to get g/L.

The list below is in alphabetical order.
    To convert Acetoacetic acid readings:-
    Divide mmol/L by 0.098 to get mg/dL
    Multiply mg/dL by 0.098 to get mmol/L

To convert Acetone readings:-
    Divide mmol/L by 0.172 to get mg/dL
    Multiply mg/dL by 0.172 to get mmol/L

To convert Albumin readings:-
    Divide the g/L by 10 to get g/dL.
    Multiply the g/dL by 10 to get g/L.

To convert Bilirubin readings:-
    Divide the mol/L by 17.1 to get mg/dl.
    Multiply the mg/dl by 17.1 to get mol/L.

Note -
    in the red blood cell, white blood cell and platelet count, because of the different units being used, the two readings are identical and don’t actually need conversion. If you want to do the maths yourself (Multiply or devide by 1) the factors are as set out below.

To convert Red blood cell count readings:- (see note above)
    Conventional units use ‘cells x 10*6/µL’
    SI units use ‘cells x 10*12/L’
    Divide ‘cells x 10*12/L’ by 1.0 to get ‘cells x 10*6/µL’
    Multiply ‘cells x 10*6/µL’ by 1.0 to get ‘cells x 10*12/L’

To convert White blood cell count readings:- (see note above)
    Conventional units use ‘cells x 10*3/µL’
    SI units use ‘cells x 10*9/L’
    Divide ‘cells x 10*9/L’ by 1.0 to get ‘cells x 10*3/µL’
    Multiply ‘cells x 10*3/µL’ by 1.0 to get ‘cells x 10*9/L’

To convert Platelets (thrombocytes) readings:- (see note above)
    Conventional units use ‘number of platelets x 10*3/µL’
    SI units use ‘number of platelets x 10*9/L’
    Divide ‘number of platelets x 10*9/L’ by 1.0 to get ‘number of platelets x 10*3/µL’
    Multiply ‘number of platelets x 10*3/µL’ by 1.0 to get ‘number of platelets x 10*9/L’

To convert Blood Glucose readings:-
    Divide the mg/dL by 18 to get mmol/L.
    Multiply the mmol/L by 18 to get mg/dL.
    OR
    Divide the mmol/L by 0.0555 to get mg/dL
    Multiply the mg/dL by 0.0555 to get mmol/L

To convert BUN readings:-
    Divide the mmol/L by 0.357 to get mg/dL.
    Multiply the mg/dL by 0.357 to mmol/L.

To convert Bromide readings:-
    Divide mmol/L by 0.125 to get mg/dL
    Multiply mg/dL by 0.125 to get mmol/L

To convert Calcium readings:-
    Divide mmol/L by 0.25 to get mg/dL
    Multiply mg/dL by 0.25 to get mmol/L
    Divide mmol/L by 0.05 to get mEq/L
    Multiply mEq/L by 0.05 to get mmol/L

To convert Total Cholesterol readings:-
    Divide the mmol/L by 0.0259 to get mg/dL
    Multiply the mg/dL by 0.0259 to get mmol/L

To convert HDL and LDL readings:-
    Divide the mg/dL by 38.67 to get mmol/L.
    Multiply the mmol/L by 38.67 to get mg/dL.
    OR
    Multiply the mg/dL by 0.0259 to get mmol/

To convert Copper readings:-
    Divide µmol/L by 0.157 to get µg/dL
    Multiply µg/dL by 0.157 to get µmol/L

To convert Cortisol readings:-
    Divide nmol/L by 27.95 to get µg/dL
    Multiply µg/dL by 27.95 to get nmol/L (nanomoles per litre)

To convert C-peptide readings:-
    Divide the nmol/L by 0.333 to get ng/mL.
    Multiply the ng/mL by 0.333 to get nmol/L

To convert Creatine readings:-
    Divide mol/L by 76.26 to get mg/dL
    Multiply mg/dL by 76.26 to get mol/L.

To convert Creatinine readings:-
    Divide the mol/L by 88.4 to get mg/dL.
    Multiply the mg/dL by 88.4 to get mol/L.

To convert Creatinine clearance readings:-
    Divide the ml/s by 0.0167 to get ml/min.
    Multiply the ml/min L by 0.0167 to get ml/s.

To convert degrees C to degrees F
    Take the degrees C, multiply by 9. Divide the answer by 5. Add 32. That will give you your degrees F.
    Eg. 37 x 9 = 333.
    333 / 5 = 66.6.
    66.6 + 32 = 98.6 degrees F

(Therefore 37 deg C equals 98.6 deg F)

To convert degrees F to degrees C
    Take the degrees F, minus 32, divide the answer by 9, multiply that answer by 5.That will give you your degrees C.
    Eg. 98.6 - 32 = 66.6
    66.6 / 9 = 7.4
    7.4 x 5 = 37 degrees C

To convert Fluoride readings:-
    Divide µmol/L by 52.6 to get µg/mL
    Multiply µg/mL by 52.6 to get µmol/L

To convert Glycated haemoglobin (glycosylated hemoglobin A1, A1C)
    Conventional units use term - % of total hemoglobin
    SI units use term - proportion of total haemoglobin
    Divide ‘proportion of total haemoglobin’ by 0.01 to get ‘% of total hemoglobin’.
    Multiply ‘% of total hemoglobin’ by 0.01 to get ‘proportion of total haemoglobin’

To convert Haemoglobin readings:- (See Note below)
    Divide mmol/L by 0.6206 to get g/dl
    Multiply g/dl by 0.6206 to get mmol/L

Note -
    Sometimes the conventional units are given in g/L instead of g/dl. If that is the case do the following conversion first.
    Multiply g/dL by 10.0 to get g/L.

To convert Hematocrit readings:-
    Conventional units use %
    SI units use ‘proportion of 1.0’
    Divide ‘proportion of 1.0’ by 0.01 to get %
    Multiply % by 0.01 to get ‘proportion of 1.0’

To convert Insulin readings:-
    Divide pmol/L by 6.945 to get µIU/mL
    Multiply µIU/mL by 6.945 to get pmol/L

To convert Iron (total ) readings:-
    Divide µmol/L by 0.179 to get µg/dL
    Multiply µg/dL by 0.179 to get µmol/L

To convert LDL and HDL readings:-
    Divide the mg/dL by 38.67 to get mmol/L.
    Multiply the mmol/L by 38.67 to get mg/dL.
    OR
    Multiply the mg/dL by 0.0259 to get mmol/

To convert Magnesium readings:-
    Divide the µg/dl by 5.494 to get µmol/L
    Multiply the µmol/L by 5.494 to get µg/dl

To convert Platelets (thrombocytes) readings:-
    See Blood cells above.

To convert Potassium readings:-
    Divide the mEq/l by 1 to get mmol/L.
    Multiply the mmol/L by 1 to get mEq/l. This is therefore a 1-1 conversion. (The two are the same!)

To convert Protein (serum total) readings:-
    Divide g/dl by 0.1000 to get g/L
    Multiply g/L by 0.1000 to get g/dl
    OR
    Multiply g/dL by 10.0 to get g/L

To convert Protein (urine/fluid total) readings:-
    Divide mg/dl by 0.1000 to get mg/L
    Multiply mg/L by 0.1000 to get mg/dl

To convert Red Blood cell count:-
    (see note above under blood cells)
    Because of the relationship of the different units being used the two readings are actually identical and don't need conversion.

To convert the Reticulocyte count readings:-
    Conventional units use ‘% of RBCs’
    SI units use ‘Proportion of 1.0’
    Divide ‘Proportion of 1.0’ by 0.01 to get ‘% of RBCs’
    Multiply ‘% of RBCs’ by 0.01 to get ‘Proportion of 1.0’

To convert Selenium readings:-
    Divide the µg/dl by 7.896 to get µmol/L
    Multiply the µmol/L by 7.896 to get µg/dl

To convert Serum Magnesium readings:-
    Divide mmol/L by 0.411 to get mg/dl
    Multiply mg/dL by 0.411 to get mmol/L
    OR
    Divide the mg/dl by 2,430 to get mmol/L
    Multiply the mmol/L by 2.430 to get mg/dl
    Or if your results are given in mEq/L then:-
    Divide mmol/L by o.5o to get mEq/L
    Multiply mEq/L by 0.50 to get mmol/L
    OR
    Divide mEq/L by 2.0 to get mmol/L
    Multiply mmol/L by 2.0 to get mEq/L

To convert Serum Zinc readings:-
    Divide the µg/dl by 6.541 to get µmol/L
    Multiply the µmol/L by 6.541 to get µg/dl.
    OR
    Divide µmol/L by 0.153 to get µg/dL
    Multiply the µg/dL by 0.153 to get µmol/L

To convert Sodium readings:-
    Divide the mEq/l by 1 to get mmol/L.
    Multiply the mmol/L by 1 to get mEq/l. This is therefore a 1-1 conversion. (The two are the same!)

To convert Thyroxine, free (T4) readings:-
    Divide pmol/L by 12.87 to get ng/dL (nanograms per decilitre)
    Multiply ng/dL by 12.87 to get pmol/L (picomoles per litre)

To convert Thyroxine, total (T4) readings:-
    Divide nmol/L by 12.87 to get µg/dL
    Multiply µg/dL by 12.87 to get nmol/L

To convert Total Cholesterol readings:-
    Multiply the mg/dL by 0.0259 to get mmol/L

To convert Triiodothyronine free (T3) readings:-
    Divide pmol/L by 0.0154 to get pg/dL
    Multiply pg/dL by 0.0154 to get pmol/L

To convert Triiodothyronine total (T3) readings:-
    Divide nmol/L by 0.0154 to get ng/dL
    Multiply ng/dL by 0.0154 to get nmol/L

To convert Triglyceride readings:-
    Divide the mg/dL by 88.57 to get mmol/L.
    Multiply the mmol/L by 88.57 to get mg/dL.
    OR
    Divide mmol/L by 0.0113 to get mg/dL
    Multiply mg/dL by 0.0113 to get mmol/L

To convert Urea Nitrogen (BUN) readings:-
    Divide mmol/L by 0.357 to get mg/dL
    Multiply mg/dL by 0.357 to get mmol/L

To convert Uric Acid readings:-
    Divide µmol/L by 59.48 to get mg/dL
    Multiply mg/dL by 59.48 to get µmol/L

To convert Vitamin A (retinol) readings:-
    Divide µmol/L by 0.0349 to get µg/dL
    Multiply µg/dL by 0.0349 to get µmol/L

To convert Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) readings:-
    Divide nmol/L by 4.046 to get ng/mL
    Multiply ng/mL by 4.046 to get nmol/L

To convert Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) readings:-
    Divide pmol/L by 0.738 to get pg/mL
    Multiply pg/mL by 0.738 to get pmol/L

To convert Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) readings:-
    Divide µmol/L by 56.78 to get mg/dL
    Multiply mg/dL by 56.78 to get µmol/L

To convert Vitamin D readings:-
    a)1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D
    Divide pmol/L by 2.6 to get pg/mL
    Multiply pg/mL by 2.6 to get pmol/L
    Or
    b)25-Hydroxyvitamin D readings:-
    Divide nmol/L by 2.496 to get ng/mL
    Multiply ng/mL by 2.496 to get nmol/L

To convert Vitamin E readings:-
    Divide µmol/L by 23.22 to get mg/dL
    Multiply mg/dL by 23.22 to get µmol/L

To convert Vitamin K readings:-
    Divide nmol/L by 2.22 to get ng/mL
    Multiply ng/mL by 2.22 to get nmol/L

To convert White Blood cell count:-
    (see note above under blood cells)
    Because of the relationship of the different units being used the two readings are actually identical and don't need conversion.
  21. Registered User

http://mus clechatroom.com/forum/showpost.php?p=49405&postcount =17

Quote Originally Posted by agoraphobe
    Originally Posted by agoraphobe
    for some reason when you say that it makes me cringe, why not just say doctor? lol
    Because the word doctor has lost it's original meaning - which was teacher - and has become:

doctor = professional with qualifications in medicine to whom you subcontract the management of your health

###

Since I encourage others to take ownership of their own health management, therefore by doing so they cannot subcontract the management of their health to another individual.

Since I encourage others to take ownership of their own health management, therefore by doing so they must treat other individuals as advisers only.

Therefore I encourage others to treat doctors only as an adviser, not a controller, and not a prescriber.

(prescriber = someone who prescribes / mandates what you must do)

###

So I have to replace the word doctor (whose meaning has been corrupted) with another word which means:

doctor = professional with qualifications in either biology and/or medicine, who advises you on how you can manage your own health, but doesn't believe it's "my way or the highway".

If there were a a single word, or two words, which I considered universally conveyed that concept, then I would use the single word, or the two words.

As it is, I could only find a minimum of three words, medical professional adviser, and I have to accept that some people won't be able to read into those three words what I'm trying to convey.

Life's a compromise.
  22. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post

thank you.

What are your IGF-1 levels looking like?
    As my igf-1 levels got into 300's my reverse t-3 dropped from 28 to 18 and felt better and was building muscle mass like crazy.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  23. Registered User

http://muscle chatroom.com/forum/showpost.php?p=55916&postcount =66

Omnitrope Pen5:
    http://www.omnitrope.com/omnitrope/r...cmat_2lang.pdf

The Omnitrope Pen5 uses the same needle-inside-a molded-housing as all insulin pens, 31G.

I have two such pens (both identical):
    1) a Pen5 device with a disposable Omnitrope GH cartridge with GH in it - let's call this my "GH pen"
    2) a Pen5 device with a disposable Omnitrope GH cartridge, refilled with HCG - let's call this my "HCG pen".

I attach a fresh (unused) needle-inside-a molded-housing to my HCG pen, and I inject myself with HCG.

I remove the used needle-inside-a molded-housing from my HCG pen, and I attach it to my GH pen, and I inject myself with GH.

I then discard the needle-inside-a molded-housing (in my sharps bin).

Repeat daily.

24. Registered User

Omnitrope Pen5

http://hallandalerx.com/growth_hormone.html

Common Formulations:
    Omnitrope Pen5 5mg pen
    Omnitrope 5.8 mg vial
    Genotropin 0.2 mg MiniQuick
    Genotropin 0.4 mg MiniQuick
    Genotropin 0.6 mg MiniQuick
    Genotropin 0.8 mg MiniQuick
    Genotropin 1 mg MiniQuick
    Genotropin 1.2 mg MiniQuick
    Genotropin 1.4 mg MiniQuick
    Saizen 5 mg Vial
    Saizen 8.8 mg Vial
    Norditropin 5 mg Pen
    Norditropin 10 mg Pen

Phil uses/will use

http://www.humatrope.com/index.jsp
    http://mus clechatroom.com/forum/showpost.php?p=64975&postcount =11
    Humatrope 6mg. pen got approved so my cost is $10 per month.
    My Dr. has me starting on .3 mgs for the first week 6 days on and one off.
    Then If I don't have any problems I go up to .4 mgs.
    I get meds for 90 days but on this one it's only for 30 days so the script said
    6 pens and all this crap to get 2 pens for 30 days.
  25. Registered User

Generic Arimidex

When Will Generic Arimidex Be Available?
    The first patent for Arimidex currently expires in June 2010. Although this patent originally was set to expire in December 2009, the manufacturer was given an extension for performing much needed pediatric studies.

June 2010 is the earliest predictable date that a generic version of Arimidex could become available.
  26. Registered User

Phil
    says:
    http://mus clechatroom.com/forum/showpost.php?p=74354&postcount =34
    I am on HGH Humatrope the 6mg. Pen and I do .3mgs or .9 IU's a day. I had a IGFBP-1 test below the normal range and my IGF-1 was 130 before I started on HGH. I was due to test my Testosterone and Thyroid levels after only 3 shots. My IGF-1 went up from 130 to 262 over the top of the range for my age. And I went hyper on my throid meds and had to lower them. I am inpressed with this only 3 shots.
    http://mus clechatroom.com/forum/showpost.php?p=73356&postcount =71
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigJimcalhoun
    How about a link to Dr. Mark Gordons Secetatropon or whatever it was? I searched, but could not find a place that actually sold it.
    http://secretropinrx.com/

the site lists a pharmacy.
    http://mus clechatroom.com/forum/showpost.php?p=73365&postcount =74

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
    Just in case anyone has not seen this yet, I thought it might be of interest. I have not watched it yet.

Secretropin: A Growth Hormone Secretagogue
    Secretropin: A Growth Hormone Secretagogue

USE MS IE to view this presentation.

Thank you.

I use Google Chrome, presentation does not work on Chrome.
    MS IE works ok.

Sound and slides.
    Subject: Secretropin: A Growth Hormone Secretagogue
    Speaker(s): Mark Gordon, MD
    Date/Time: 2/27/2009 12:44:24 PM

Arginine

E2----helps in increse of GH (guys, easy on Arimidex).

dr Gordon's practice used to do 15000-20000iu GH per year
    now 90% people are on Secretropin, rest on combnation.

5% failure rate,

GH supplementatin works only if there is good support in other hormone levels.

looking at time 17.39, slide for (my NJ neighbor) 34 y/o
    I note in dr Gordon's "Ideal Range" column

TT=1000(patient have 1853 note this and do not be scared of high TT when required)CrazyCrew are you listening??
    SHBG=40(hopefully mistake, anybody able to contact dr Gordon, plus dr Gordon have not checked this guy's SHBG)(looks like he follows FreeT only)
    DHT=35ng/dL(isn't it too low??)
    E2=40pg/mL(lets take a note on this, high E2 helps in GH)(patient actually have 33.9)
    cortisol<15(what is going on??? chllin help)

If DHEA is not corrected the response is lower, (bummer, I am not able to move the darn DHEAs wit 200-300mg/day)

============================== ============================== ===========
    http://mus clechatroom.com/forum/showpost.php?p=74442&postcount =3

secretropin
    Dadnatron writes:

I am using the recommended dosing for > 200 lbs.

I take 2 sprays sublingual in the AM... first thing when I get up.

4 sprays at night... just before I sleep.

I typically have about a 90% consistency, although I typically drink MUCH SOONER than 30 minutes have elapsed in the AM. I am good at night... given that I don't drink much while asleep.
  27. Registered User

http://mus clechatroom.com/forum/showpost.php?p=77041&postcount =19

CPAP

Quote Originally Posted by agoraphobe View Post
    You have the wrong mask. This is REALLY common. A lot of people have to try many different masks before they find one that works for them.

There are probably around 30 different kinds and there is a top 10 list of the best sellers where 1 of which will end up working for almost anybody.

I tried at least 8 masks before i found one that is GREAT and works _perfect_ for me once I put electrical tape around the pivot on the tube to keep it from moving.

Go here:

http://www.cpap.com/simple-find-cpap...=&selected=103

Click on "top seller" or "user reviews" to find the best masks that are most likely to work for you.

One way you can sample masks is that they have an option where you can pay something like $15 or $30 (dont remember off the top of my head) for the right to return it within 14 days.

You also may be able to talk to the company that gave you your cpap machine to see if they have the masks you want to try in stock and whether they will let you try them.

I bit the bullet when I got serious about treating my fatigue and just paid cash for all the masks until i found the best one.

Here is what i use:

http://www.cpap.com/productpage/resm...ow-system.html

Once i taped the connector at the top to keep it from swiveling, it's been a dream. But, different masks work for different people.

This is where you gotta start, you have to get the right mask, one that doesn't lose its seal, or move on your head, etc.

It's a common and minor problem and i promise you there is a 90% chance you'll find one that will work for you.

This is plan A. You gotta figure this out before you take the next step.
    Quote Originally Posted by agoraphobe View Post
    I use this:

http://www.cpap.com/cpap-machine/res...uto-cflex.html

the pressure drops up to 3 points on exhale, and it senses when you need higher pressure while inhaling and increases it for you automatically. It's got a smartcard that records various data about your sleep that you can review on your computer such as apnea events, waking up, pressure increases and drops, average pressure throughout the night, leaks, etc.

I would love to have the holy grail of cpaps, the bipap. Those are the crazy expensive ones. You can program completely different custom exhales and inhales. So you could have an exhale of 5 and an inhale of 20 if you wanted. I also wish the humidifier was twice its size, although i have a tip for this. Just buy two (they're $20), fill them both up before you go to bed, and keep one on standby. If you wake up and its been something like 7 hours or long enough to where it may run out of water soon, just swap the other one in and roll over.
    This product no longer available and this information is for reference only. Newer Model Available: M Series Auto CPAP with A-Flex.

http://www.cpap.com/cpap-machine/rem...es-a-flex.html

M Series Auto CPAP with A-Flex
    Aflex, Travel Friendly, Supports Software, Auto Adjusts
    $649.00
    This product ships for FREE! Shipping Policy
  28. Registered User

Subbed
  29. Registered User

April 14/2010
    Switched from Medrol 6mg + 75mcg
    to
    HC-30mg
    1.5grain Armour + 50mcg-T3
    T4-57
    T3-13.5+50

30 days before any blood test change to 2grains Thyroid-s
    using 1.5grains now is compromise so I can use up stores of Armour

Even all this is compromise
    at first opportunity I will as doc for
    100mcg-T4
    50mcg-T3

Watch temperature and pulse, if both too low, add more Armour right away.

30. Registered User

http://mus clechatroom.com/forum/showpost.php?p=99781&postcount =31

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I've long since known that insulin sensitivity is important to health, but I don't think I've really grasped how important. Before I started desicated thyroid and adrenal support, over 5 years ago, I had an A1C of 4.9. Even with low testosterone/thyroid/adrenal function, I still had lots of energy and didn't get sick very often.

Since then, I've optimized my thyroid/testosterone/e2/adrenals, and even take GHRP-6. Unfortunately I don't have the same energy as I did before starting thryoid/adrenal support, AND I get sick every couple of months. Since then, I've had my A1C tested 3 times. It has progressed from 4.9, to 5.2, to 5.6, to 5.8. As you can see, it's not a great trend. I maintain a good diet, which is pretty much the same as it was 5 years ago (low-ish carbs, fruits, vegetables, 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, and good fats like coconut oil, eggs, fish oil, butter, etc...). The only thing that has really changed is my thyroid/adrenal supplementation, and I don't exercise as much (I overtrain fairly easily nowadays. 5 years ago I was working out 6-7 days per week, and now it's 4-5. Any more than that and I get sick).

To summarize, since starting ANY hormonal therapy 5 years ago:

*Testosterone has gone from the 200's to the 700's. Currently taking 5 grams of Androgel plus 70 iu of hcg per day.
    *E2 has gone from 35 to 20 without any AI
    *Thyroid has been optimized with 4 grains of desicated thyroid daily
    *Adrenals are supported on 6mg of medrol daily, split as 4mg upon waking, 2mg before bed
    *DHEA and Preg supported with transdermal cream, 50mg of each daily.
    *IGF-1 without GHRP-6 was about 220. I'm waiting to do Rhein's urine for GH.

With all of this improvement, the only thing that definitely hasn't improved is my insulin sensitivity. According to Chillin, this is THE most important thing to fix. If that's the case, I'm wondering if my issues of less energy, weaker in the gym, losing muscle, and weakened immune system are in fact due to my blood sugars.

For those who have successfully improved your insulin sensitivity, what benefits have you noticed? My guess is that I'll end up increasing my run workouts (studies have proven aerobic exercise reduces A1C moreso than lifting weights. It also seems to stimulate my immune system), and taking my daily carbs even lower.

This is alot of me just talking out loud, so if you have a comment, feel free.

Your poor glucose metabolism is most likely due to a reduction in cortisol metabolism, rather than poor carbohydrate management.

ie: glucose metabolism requires plenty of cortisol to process the energy. If you can't process the energy, then your cells can't use the excess glucose, and they become insulin resistant.

While I see you're supplementing with medrol, you and your medical professional adviser should have first performed a dosage response trial with pregnenolone, and if that went nowhere then you and your medical professional adviser should have considered a therapeutic trial of progesterone long before trialling medrol.

I recognise the need for a short term course of HC, but the adrenals rarely need a "permanent vacation" which is what medrol delivers. Medrol is great for those with genetically downregulated cortisol, but I doubt that we need it if our adrenals are only fatigued.

At this point you and your medical professional adviser should consider tapering off the medrol while replacing the cortisol supplement with regular HC. Then introduce pregnenolone, and gradually back off the HC while introducing pregnenolone.

###

If you'r totally glued to medrol, then discuss with your medical professional adviser to boost your dose until your energy levels are restored. BUT please also read the following detailed discussion re cortisol supplementation, with a heavy emphasis on medrol:

part 1: http://mus clechatroom.com/forum/sho...36&postcount=2

part 2: http://mus clechatroom.com/forum/sho...37&postcount=3

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Thank you for that resonse, Chillin. You may be on to something, however I currently believe that 6mg of medrol is too much, combined with my dietary habits (I also believe candida to be involved here). I'm having strong immune reactions that I believe are tied to my consistantly elevated blood glucose levels. In the past, I've tried to lower medrol and/or switch a little of it to HC. I've usually gotten sick as a result. I think I need to work on my blood glucose first, and then try either lowering the medrol or switching a little to HC.

My goal is to have my A1C below 5.0% before I do so. This will first help strenghthen my immune system. To aid in this, I'll focus on the following supplements:

*Ribose - 10-15 grams per day

*Chromium - 600mcg to start for 1 month, then 400mcg/day after that. Research shows that steroids (of the cortisol variety) decrease chromium stores in the body, which negetively impacts blood glucose.

*Bitter Melon Tea - I already bought some of this at a local Asian grocery store. I get a noticeable drop in blood glucose from it.

*Metformin - Although not a supplement, I plan on using low doses (200-400mg/day).

Of course increasing exercise should always be first, I simply can't increase due to my poor immune system. I think this is a pretty potent stack, and don't plan on continuing all indefinitely if I get my A1C below 5.0.

Overview:

I doubt that the over-the-counter supps in your proposed list (metformin is not over-the-counter) will increase your insulin sensitivity sufficiently to make a noticeable health difference.

The reasons are not obvious among the supps fans because of a poor understanding of how insulin resistance comes about, and therefore how best to address it. I've explained some of that further below.

My experience and understanding is that the most reliable way to increase insulin sensitivity, via over-the-counter supps, is to regularly take low dosages of phyto-sourced free-radical suppressants, and to regularly take low dose SOD (superoxide dismutase) and glutathione boosters.

"Continually at low doses" would best describe the dosing strategy, not "take a big hit at the start of the day".

This is also described in more detail furhter below.

The meat-and-potatoes of insulin sensitivity management:

The management of insulin sensitivity is not via a hormone or immune signalling system which signals that glucose levels are adeqaute. We wish we had evolved (or been created with?) such a mechanism !

The management of insulin sensitivity is left to individual cells to "lock out" insulin, when glucose levels within cells gets too high. But even this mechanism is badly flawed, because even this mechanism is nowhere near sensitive enough to ensure insulin is locked out before glucose levels get too high. Ouch!

As a result the net effect of insulin resistance is that the setpoint for when it kicks in is set way too high for optimum health, so by the time insulin resistance has obviously kicked in, our cells are badly damaged by the free radicals generated because glucose metabolism is badly impaired.

The free radical damage creates a double whammy to kill the efficiency of glucose metabolism in our cells, because the free radicals not only damage the enzymes which trigger each step of the chemical reactions, but the damage causes a flood of repair materials into the damaged areas (inflammation) which physically obstructs normal processing.

So the fundamental and therefore most critical issue relating to insulin resistance, is to address the problems caused by the free radical damage within the insulin resistant cells.

We must first clean up the free radical damage (before trying the address the insulin sensitivity issue) so that the metabolism of glucose within those cells is as efficient as it can be, even with the restrictions imposed by insulin resistance.

As a result of the reduction in the free radical damage, the glucose metabolism efficiency does indeed increase, primarily because the inflammation decreases, and because all newly generated free radicals are "mopped up".

At the same time, because the cells glucose metabolism efficiency has improved, you will feel more energetic after eating less food, and you should translate that into eating fewer high GI carbs, and fewer fats and oils (minimize, don't go to zero).

Over time, the cells reduce their insulin resistance (an increase in insulin sensitivity).

##

Finally, you must independently manage the other aspects which feedbck strongly on glucose metabolism, such as optimum thyroid hormone T3 levels, and optimum cortisol levels.

What are phyto-sourced free radical suppressants ?

These are concentrated plant-sourced extracts of anthocyanins and other polyphenols.
    The most reliable ones are:

LEF Enhanced Berry Complete
    Masquelier's OPCs
    Resveratrol (low dose)
    green tea extract (low dose) (high polyphenols)

What are SOD and Glutathione boosters ?

LEF Endothelial Defense with GliSODin and CocoaGold
    NAC, ie: N-acetyl-cysteine (to provide cystine, for glutathione synthesis)
    Whey (to provide glutamate and glycine, for glutathione synthesis)
    R-lipoic acid (to maintain glutathione in its non-oxidized state)

31. Registered User

http://musc lechatroom.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122294&postcoun t=16

If Dr Hertoghe wrote that the synthesis of pregnenolone is fine, but the synthesis of progesterone is heavily downregulated, in males over 35, then he's plain wrong.

The synthesis reaction which slows down is the synthesis of pregnenolone from LDL cholesterol, and that is the fundmanemtal root cause explanation for why the vast majority of males have rising LDL cholesterol levels as they age.

If the conversion from LDL cholesterol to pregnenolone were working, then there would be no market for statin drugs to suppress LDL cholesterol levels.

The market for statin drugs is in the billions.

The only reason that pregnenolone supplementation isn't being used to keep LDL cholesterol in check is because big pharma would start world war 3 if someone were to go global with the info that pregnenolone is a low cost, bioidentical and extremely reliable alternative to statin drugs.

###

My guess is that Dr Hertoghe knows that if he spells out in black-and-white that the synthesis of pregnenolone is the problem, then a few doctors are going to learn very quickly that supplementing pregnenolone reduced their patient's LDL cholesterol levels. And once doctors start prescribing pregnenolone instead of statins, then that's when the first air strikes will be called in.

It is very easy to find out the real truth.

Lets keep taking pregnenolone
    and check blood levels of

pregnenolone
    and
    progesterone

we will find out real answer very quickly.

--------
    So far, for me, dr Hertoghes prediction panned out just the way he said.
    But I do not really care if dr Hertoghe is right or wrong
    or
    if BigPharma makes a profit or not.

I just worry about my own health.

All the theories still work as discussed, no need to change much.

Supplementing with progesterone creates all the desirable downstream metabolites of progesterone

AND

it raises pregnenolone

so

pregnenolone metaboloites (except for progesterone) are still being created.

--------

11/6/2010
    I started supplementing with 100mg/day Prometrium (micronized progesterone)

had a chance to take a peek at my prog

11/18/2010
    progesterone=1.7

more detailed testing I have now planned for a mid January.
    I was trying to get it sooner but was not able to talk my doc into doing it.

////

It would be nice if you could post details on your own experience, it would increase our very small database.

If you are press for time I can help with organizing presentation of your data.

============================
    I first learned about the 35yo situation here, a week ago:

http://musc lechatroom.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121121&postcoun t=222
    =================
    For your convenience I will post the whole post:

===================
    Quote Originally Posted by mouk View Post
    A small excerpt of an interview of Dr Hertoghe on Nutranews - march 2008

Et la prégnénolone, pourquoi une supplémentation ?

Dr Thierry Hertoghe : La prégnénolone
    sert en fait ŕ améliorer la mémoire, de
    façon assez nette. J’en prends moi-męme
    50 mg chaque jour au matin. Il faut absolument,
    et cela est trčs important, la prendre
    le matin. Si on la prend le soir avant de
    se coucher, cela semble ne pas fonctionner.
    Par contre, une prise matinale de prégnénolone,
    prise d’une certaine façon, avant
    de l’utiliser, fonctionne trčs bien.
    La prégnénolone est considérée comme un
    précurseur de toute une série d’autres hormones.
    Mais si l’on a plus de 35 ans, cette
    transformation ne se passe pas trčs bien. Elle
    devrait théoriquement se transformer en
    hormones sexuelles, en hormones surrénaliennes,
    en progestérone… mais en réalité,
    cela ne se passe pas trčs bien chez une
    majorité de patients aprčs 35 ans. Il faut
    donc plutôt la voir comme une hormone
    typiquement pour la mémoire et, éventuellement,
    dans certaines pathologies nerveuses.
    Par exemple, lorsqu’on lčse certains
    nerfs chez l’animal au niveau de la moelle
    épiničre, on a vu que la prégnénolone permettait
    une réparation de ce nerf plus rapide
    et plus efficace.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::

Literal translation :

Dr H takes 50 mg of Preg in the morning ( oral ?). He insists that it should be taken in the morning - Why ?
    He says that beyond 35 years , the conversion to downstream metabolites is far from perfect in the majority of his patients.

link : http://www.nutranews.org/article.php...id_article=915
    Thank you, good info.

Now the mystery of why women's HRT doctors start with progesterone.
    Apparently a route towars allo-pregnenolone still works (after 35yo).

Thank to Google Chrome here is translation to English.

And pregnenolone, why supplements?

Dr. Thierry Hertoghe: Pregnenolone is really to improve memory, quite clear. I am myself 50 mg daily in the morning. It is imperative, and this is very important, take it in the morning. If taken at night before bed, it seems not to work.
    By cons, a morning dose of pregnenolone, taken in a certain way, before use, works great.
    Pregnenolone is considered a precursor of a whole series of other hormones. But if you have more than 35 years, this transformation does not happen very well. It should theoretically be turned into sex hormones, adrenal hormones, progesterone ... but in reality, this does not happen very well in a majority of patients after 35 years. It is therefore rather be seen as a hormone typically for memory and possibly in some nerve disorders. For example, when some injures nerves in animals the spinal cord, we saw that pregnenolone allow repair of the nerve faster and more efficient.

///////

http://musc lechatroom.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109770&postcoun t=499

32. Registered User

http://www.mus clechatroom.com/forum/showthread.php?17267-What-tests-show-whether-you-are-primary-or-secondary&p=136227#post136227

hypogonadal primary = HCG test (with preg).
    a) If the HCG (with preg) forces your testicles to increase testosterone production, you are not primary.
    b) If the HCG (with preg) does not force your testicles to increase testosterone production, you are primary.

hypogonadal secondary = clomid challenge (with preg).
    a) If the clomid (with preg) triggers your pituitary to increase LH enough to boost testicular testosterone, you are not seconday.
    b) If the clomid (with preg) does not trigger your pituitary to increase LH much, resulting in very little testicular testosterone boost, you are secondary (provided you are not primary - see above)

hypoadrenal primary = ACTH stim test
    a) If the ACTH triggers your adrenals to make more cortisol, then you are not primary.
    b) If the ACTH does not trigger your adrenals to make much cortisol, then you are primary.

hypoadrenal secondary = CRH stim test (CRH is a hypothalamus hormone)
    a) If the CRH triggers your pituitary to make sufficient ACTH to force your adrenals to make more cortisol, then you are not primary.
    b) If the ACTH does not trigger your pituitary to make sufficient ACTH to force your adrenals to make much cortisol, then you are secondary (provided you are not primary - see above).

Attached Files Attached Files
  33. Registered User

http://www.musc lechatroom.com/forum/showthread.php?17459-Hard-Flaccid-Syndrome.../page3

Hard Flaccid Syndrome...

Originally Posted by tierry

Post #41 is a first post in series on how to achieve high quality erection.

Combination of

alpha-blockers and PDE5

http://www.nature.com/ijir/journal/v.../3900815a.html

Quote Originally Posted by tierry View Post
    Yes I managed to use some alpha-blockers to help my sex life a lot.

Practical example:

FROM where:
    PDE5is works only in high (double) dosages
    the erection is obtained through stimulation
    It needs to be constantly stimulated during an intercourse to be kept valid
    the intercourse have not to last much cause the erection could fade
    the standing posture or more difficult positions affect the erection quality
    relaxing is not easy due to tension in the whole body and perineal muscles

TO where:
    the erection is obtained only with arousal without need of stimulation
    It last consistent without need to be continuosly stimulated
    I can go for an hour without risk to loose the erection
    relaxing is easy
    the more I relax the more the erection get fuller
    I can stand, lying or do difficult positions and the erection is unaffected

The alpha-receptors usually contract the smooth muscles when they are binded by noradrenaline. To have an erection We need the smooth muscles in the penis to be completely relaxed in 2 ways.

The first step is to lift the adrenergic tone keeping them in the flaccid state (contracted).
    The second step it needs is an active relaxing stimuls by the neurotransmitter Nitric Oxide. PDE5is (viagra, cialis, levitra) works on this path.

If the first step is missing, the production of NO is poor and the relaxation will be never optimal even with intracavernosal injection therapy. That's why they mix the alpha-blocker phentolamine in some intracavernosal injection therapy.

There are 2 families of alpha receptors: alpha-1 and alpha-2

Alpha-1 are expressed in the corpora cavernosa muscles
    Alpha-2 are expressed in the cavernosal artheries walls

If You block only one receptor the noradrenaline which not bind to the blocked receptor will bind to the unblocked receptor contracting the smooth muscle in that tissue.

Ex: if You use an alpha-1 only blocking agent, You get the positive effect on the corpora cavernosa but You get some degree of negative effect on the cavernosal artheries walls, and vice versa.

Anyway using an alpha-1 only or an alpha-2 only blocking agent can give partial results, especially if combined with a PDE5is.

Using agents which effectively block both alpha-1 and alpha-2 receptors gives the best results.

To my knowledge there are commercially available only 2 effective agents which block both alpha-1 and alpha-2 adrenergic receptors.

These are Phentolamine mesylate and Phenoxybenzamine. They are not available in all countries. I'm not sure but I think Phenoxybenzamine is available in the USA.

Phentolamine have an effective action of around 5 hours.
    Phenoxybenzamine have a prolonged action of around 24 hours.

I use Phentolamine from 10 to 40 mg around 1 hour before intercourse and every day or
    Phenoxybenzamine from 3 to 5mg each day.

The dosage have to be cared particularly because alpha blockers do have sedation effect on the Central Nervous System and they lower blood pressure.

If You get too much of an alpha blocker, for erection enhancing purpose, the sedation of the CNS will impair the libido, dopamine and neurogenic stimulus to get an erection.

The dosage used of this drugs for BPH or for lowering an high blood pressure may be too much for the purpose of erection enhancing thus many may not see the benefits of lower dosages. Yes they have a bi-phasic effect.

If You lower too much the blood pressure the erection will not be full. The erection pressure is almost the same of the systolic blood pressure.

The dosages have to be tailored to relief the excessive adrenergic tone but not impair blood pressure or sedate the CNS (sleepyness, fatigue, etc)

The most common side effect is that the orgasm is delayed much since It is a sympathetic event and these agents are anti-sympathetic.

All this get rid effectively of my excessive adrenergic tone in the penis.

This said You need to have a functioning Nitric Oxide pathway to make the second step of the erection.

If You manage to make the first step relieving an excessive adrenergic tone also the Nitric Oxide production will be enhanced.
    These two steps are a cascade, the second poorly works without the first.

The most effective agents which enhance also the second step are the PDE5is (viagra, cialis, levitra).

I usually combine Phenoxybenzamine 3-5mg once per day with cialis 20mg or Viagra 50mg /day.

Note that this regimen worked perfectly also when not on TRT.

The alpha-blocker Phentolamine mesylate is an approved oral therapy for ED in South America where It's sold at pharmacies in 40mg tablets. I heard many positive reports by the users and they often combine this medication with PDE5is.

34. Registered User

http://www.mus clechatroom.com/forum/showthread.php?13628-My-Green-Laser-Prostate-surgery/page8

http://www.mus clechatroom.com/forum/showthread.php?13628-My-Green-Laser-Prostate-surgery&p=98129#post98129

Important when someone is insulin resistant.
    Insulin resistant=high fasting insulin (almost anything above detectable limit.

Magnesium, serum is poor indicator.
    Serum contains only about 1% of overall mg in the body.

GNOLLS.ORG OPENS THE DOOR TO OBESITY FIGHT - Jack Kruse
    depletion of Magnesium always predates insulin resistance

------------------------------------------------------
    One newer know, lets keep this in mind.

Magnesium Per Rectum
    From DoctorMyhill
    [/URL]Magnesium Per Rectum - DoctorMyhill

Giving magnesium by injection is the quickest way of restoring normal blood and tissue levels of magnesium. However, for some patients the injections, whilst giving benefit, are too painful to be considered long term.

At a conference in Australia in 1999 I spoke to a doctor who had been trying magnesium sulphate given PR (per rectum - ie up the backside! - like a suppository) with some success. If this technique works, then it would be a cheap, safe, do-it-yourself at home technique which could replace uncomfortable injections. I have now tried magnesium PR with quite a few of my patients and it has been as effective as the injections in some of them.

To try this at home, you need some Epsom salts and an enema syringe. Epsom salts are virtually pure magnesium sulphate and are available from chemists. You can buy an enema syringe from the chemist and this can be re-used so long as sensible hygienic precautions are taken between doses.

Dissolve 250g of Epsom salts in 1 litre of warm water. This provides 5 grams in 20 ml, equivalent to 600mgs of elemental magnesium. This solution can be stored in the fridge for six months, but do not forget to warm up before use.

Small bottles of spring water are 8fl oz=236ml
    0.236*250g=59g Epsom Salt.

1 US cup = 8 oz=236.588237 cc
    I make my 10 oz coffee using round (measuring) tablespoon of Maxwell House Instant Coffee.
    Coffee enemas are done with full strenght coffee.
    For 20cc enema I would need 1 tablespoon coffee.
    Lets try first half strenght.

236ml/20=11.8 portions=11.8/2=6 tablespoons(to get half strenght)
    I am not giving up to purists who would insist on organic coffee.

Wonder if sleeping is going to be affected by "taking" 5oz of full strength coffee in the rear.

No, sleep is not disturbed.

To load the syringe dip the tip into the magnesium solution, and draw 20ml back into the syringe. Some patients find it easier to hold the magnesium in by starting with a very tiny amount of the liquid and slowly increasing the dose, thus giving the back passage time to get used to the experience! Magnesium is well absorbed through the colon and 600mgs is a good dose. All electrolytes have potential toxicity, so do not use more than 20ml in 24 hours.

Insert the tip of the enema syringe into your bottom (perhaps using some KY jelly as a lubricant). Once the tip is in position, slowly squeeze the bulb and the contents will pass into the rectum. It is sensible to lie down for several minutes after! Hold on to the magnesium for as long as possible.

If the magnesium is being absorbed, then I would expect patients to get the same response as from a magnesium injection, but of course without the pain. It does work for a useful proportion of CFS patients so is well worth trying if you get benefit from the magnesium injections.

====================
    Mentor Red Rubber Urethral Catheter - 14 Fr. Price: $1.00
    http://www.amazon.com/Mentor-Red-Rub...8630522&sr=1-4

Catheter Tip 60 CC Syringe Price: $0.72

Amazon.com: Catheter Tip 60 CC Syringe: Pet Supplies

Fast Weigh M-500 Digital Pocket Scale, 500 by 0.1 G Price: $5.70
    Amazon.com: Fast Weigh MS-500-BLK Digital Pocket Scale, 500 by 0.1 G: Kitchen & Dining

Rite Aid Epsom Salt 64 oz (1.8 kg) Price: $6.99
    Amazon.com: Rite Aid Epsom Salt 64 oz (1.8 kg): Health & Personal Care

----------
    Magnesium - treating a deficiency - DoctorMyhill
    Can you hang on to magnesium?

For magnesium to be retained inside cells you need good cell membranes. The two important facets of cell membranes are:
    Have good antioxidant status - see Antioxidants. (I take them a lots for A1c management and other)
    Have good levels of fats and Essential Fatty Acids in the diet. See GOOD FATS AND BAD FATS. (I take them)
    Boron is necessary for normal calcium and magnesium metabolism.

I take 3mg of Boron with each Only Trace Minerals pill, I take 3 pills. Total 9mg of Boron
    Nutritional Supplements - what everybody should be taking all the time even if nothing is wrong - DoctorMyhill
    Myhill's Magic Minerals would have me use 6*2=12mg of boron
  35. Registered User

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post644345

quelsen
    you are insulin resistant
    we have to change that

---------------------
    GNOLLS.ORG OPENS THE DOOR TO OBESITY FIGHT - Jack Kruse
    depletion of Magnesium always predates insulin resistance

eat Mg malate until you have runs
    to slow down runs, hold runs, eat lecithin, couple tablespoons/day,
    http://www.lef.org/prod_desc/images/..._00020_big.jpg

test your fasting insulin
    if that does not lower your fasting insulin
    do epsom salt enenas using my contraption (and details)

If you can't locate my contraption I will look for it if you decide to use it.

short blood test (saving $$$)
    insulin
    steroid hormones panel
    hemoglobin

If malate does not do the job, go for enemas, mg oil is waste of time.
    Mg injections hurt.
    ============================== ==

couple days ago dr K mentioned

Magnesium Test: Intracellular Analysis for Heart Disease, A Fib, Arrhythmia, Stroke: EXA Test

JanSz Labs & Tests - Page 25

but you already know that you are low Mg

//////////

http://jackkruse.com/what-can-you-fi...alth/#comments
    Jack Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 4:25 pm
    @ MM Losing blood sugar control fast can be a sign of many things. There is no way to get to the bottom of it without testing and your doc. Thinking out loud, low intracellular Mg levels (exatest), LR, High 06/3 content on tissue and serum, a leaky gut, hepatic disease undiagnosed, environmental toxin exposure, unknown MSG exposure from foods are some off the top of my head for you and your doc to consider.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread32345-1176.html#post644527

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon View Post
    also watch your iron and transferrin levels as you are changing from a sugar burner to a fat furnace.
  36. Registered User

http://www.mus clechatroom.com/forum/showthread.php?15433-JanSz-Labs-amp-Tests&p=164845#post164845

http://jackkruse.com/what-can-you-fi...alth/#comments

Jack Says:
    December 2nd, 2011 at 4:25 pm
    @ MM Losing blood sugar control fast can be a sign of many things. There is no way to get to the bottom of it without testing and your doc. Thinking out loud, low intracellular Mg levels (exatest), LR, High 06/3 content on tissue and serum, a leaky gut, hepatic disease undiagnosed, environmental toxin exposure, unknown MSG exposure from foods are some off the top of my head for you and your doc to consider.
    http://www.exatest.com/

Anybody knows how to have this test done?
    Do the have good range for this test?

IntraCellular Diagnostics, Inc. is: CLIA approved; California and Oregon State Licensed; an Independent Clinical laboratory and a Specialty Reference Laboratory; Eligible for Medicare and Private Insurance Coverage. We accept assignment.

http://www.exatest.com/PDF Files/1. ...ll paper)..PDF

Noninvasive Measurement of
    Tissue Magnesium and
    Correlation With Cardiac Levels

Conclusions
    Sublingual epithelial cell [Mg]i
    correlates well with atrial [Mg]i
    but not with
    serum magnesium. [Mg]i
    levels are low in patients undergoing cardiac surgery and those
    with AMI. Intravenous magnesium sulfate corrects low [Mg]i
    levels in AMI patients.
    Energy-dispersive x-ray analysis determination of sublingual cell [Mg]i
    may expedite the
    investigation of the role of magnesium deficiency in heart disease.

http://www.exatest.com/physicians.htm

Exa Test™ was developed as an assay for difficult to detect intracellular mineral electrolyte deficiencies or imbalance. Exa Test provides information not available through blood tests.Using direct tissue analysis Exa Test™ provides results that correlate with heart, muscle and deep organ tissue not with blood.Exa Test™provides an analysis of tissue where 99% of essential mineral electrolytes are found. For example, 99% of magnesium is found in soft tissue and less than 1% of magnesium is found in blood.

Through clinical practice and extensive research, this noninvasive test has proven to assist the healthcare provider in managing heart disease and other physiological dysfunctions where mineral electrolytes are compromised.

Exa results assist the healthcare provider in establishing treatment protocols that improve the patient's intracellular status, manage symptoms, improve stamina and quality of life.

The Exa Test™, tissue mineral electrolyte analysis, includes all ions and ratios for
    the following essential light elements:

Magnesium Magnesium/Calcium
    Calcium
    Phosphorus/Calcium
    Potassium
    Potassium/Magnesium
    Phosphorus Potassium/Calcium
    Sodium
    Potassium/Sodium
    Chloride Phosphorus/Magnesium

OFFICE BASED 60 SECOND SPECIMEN COLLECTION
    1. A epithelial cell scraping is easily obtained from the sublingual area. The healthcare professional scrapes the soft tissue on the floor of the mouth to the side of the frenulum.

2. The non-cornified sublingual
    epithelial cell samples are deposited and fixed on specially prepared slides and sent to IntraCellular Diagnostics.

3. Results are rapidly returned with evaluation of the patient's current intracellular mineral electrolyte status.

Exa Test™ results correlate with heart, muscle and deep organ tissue not with blood.

The information provided is not available through blood tests.
    IntraCellular Diagnostics, Inc. is CLIA approved; California and Oregon State Licensed; an Independent Clinical laboratory and a Specialty Reference Laboratory; Eligible for Medicare and Private Insurance Coverage. We accept assignment.
  37. Registered User

Leptin Reset Experiment starts today - Jack Kruse style | Mark's Daily Apple Health and Fitness Forum page 1183

Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok
    Soooo, does easy bruising tie into anything LR or quilt oriented? I just started that again, after a long hiatus. I've never tested anemic. Hemoglobin & B12 levels are solid; ferritin is nearly off the top end of the range.
    I am still behind in understanding vit A.
    If there is a good writeup, I would appreciate link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    Anybody who is taking Vitamin D3 supplements, concerned/interested about Vitamins A and K2 - read this blog by Chris Masterjohn on the balance of Vitamins D, K2 and A in the diet. Imbalances can cause kidney stones and calcification, aches and pains and anxiety. Be sure to read the comments as well The Daily Lipid: Tufts University Confirms That Vitamin A Protects Against Vitamin D Toxicity by Curbing Excess Production of Vitamin K-Dependent Proteins

Also read this, especially the Comments for discussion of aches and pain related to Vitamin D supplementation:Is Vitamin D Safe? Still Depends on Vitamins A and K! Testimonials and a Human Study | Weston A Price Blogs - Weston A Price Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen
    ok back to 4 grams of mag daily for me.

sigh this is truly a grind

Q if I recall, you take very high doses of Vitamin D3; you should check this out from the Comments section in this blog by Chris Masterjohn Is Vitamin D Safe? Still Depends on Vitamins A and K! Testimonials and a Human Study | Weston A Price Blogs - Weston A Price Foundation

There is also quite a bit of evidence that Vitamin D depletes magnesium, and so I find these symptoms are an ‘induced’ magnesium deficiency in those who are already ‘borderline’ magnesium deficient.

TEDxIowaCity - Dr. Terry Wahls - Minding Your Mitochondria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLjgB...e_gdata_player
  38. Registered User

thank you.

---2222222----------55555555555---------------- =========
  39. Registered User

thank you.

---tttttttttttttttttttt----------55555555555---------------- =========
  40. Registered User

thank you.

---tttttttttttttttttttt----------55555555555---------------- =========

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Prepping for the 2007 Lehigh Valley!!
    By Nullifidian in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 03:30 PM
  2. Congress suggests steroid bloodtests
    By yeahright in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2006, 10:49 AM
  3. 2007 Lexus LS 460 Parks Itself!!
    By LakeMountD in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-28-2006, 06:06 PM
  4. Bp/dl Contest Results Jan.29,2006