Advice

Bigpete757

Awards
I would like your advice on what steps I could take in the next few months to improve my health. I have been feeling unhealthy with low hormone levels for about 9 years. I have visited numerous doctors in the last couple years trying to make some progress, but it has not really helped.

The main areas that I am having problems with are my hormone levels, insulin resistance (which is causing excessive hunger/weight gain), and possibly heavy metals/detoxifcation issues.

I do have a few other things going on such as anemia, low cholesterol, and a few vitamin/mineral deficiencies, but I think that if I can correct some of the bigger problems going on, then everything else should get better as well.

In regards to labs, my T is usually around 150-300, tsh around 3.0-4.5, cortisol a.m. is around 12-14. LH and FSH are usually in middle of range. SHGB low I believe and dht low as well. Estrodial is usually in the middle of the range or on the low end. I can look old labs for more tests and ranges if you think it would help.

I recently changed my diet to a more low carb, Paleo diet, and it does seem to be helping a little. I am not as hungry as before, but my increased appetite is still a major problem. I am very worried about this issue because it seems like the more carbs and sugar I eat over time, the worse it is making my health, which often can signal pre-diabetes or diabetes. My increased appetite has been a serious problem for many years. I am confident that if I can rebalance my hormone levels and my insulin resistance starts to improve that this area will get better.

My key focus right now is rebalancing my hormone levels. When I first discovered this problem, I tried testosterone shots and cream, but it did not work. I tried both shots and cream for a few weeks, but could not take the side effects it was placing on my body. It ended up causing terrible chest pain, heart racing, just overall felt like it was too much for my heart to handle at the time.

I then tried cortef and thyroid medicine to see if this might be the root of the problem and maybe start me on the right track. I did the cortef for about 1 month and started experiencing bad side effects. And then started thyroid and did not feel any improvement in my health and my thyroid labs did not get better.

I have went to a few doctors after this who tried to rebalance my hormones through natural medicine or put me on 1-2 grains on armour for my thyroid, but it has not had any positive effect.

So overall, I have never really been on any good plan to treat my hormone levels. I have been on sporadic treatment here and there for a few weeks or maybe a 1-2 months max.

I am currently set to meet with a very good doctor in Florida who has a lot of experience with hormones, weight management, and detoxification. I am excited about the next few months and think that this time I will be able to figure out a way to rebalance my hormone levels and improve my health.

I need your advice on what things I should consider trying or mentioning to my doctor to see if it will help me out.

After reviewing all my labs and reading up on various information, I think one of the first things I need to do is try and restart my hpta. I have never done a restart and since I am so young, I think there is a great chance that this can be successful for me.

I have looked into clomid, tamoxifen, hcg, toremifene, and hmg. I think with one or a combination of these, I should be able to see if my body will respond in a positive way.

My main goal going through this process is do whatever I restart my natural testosterone production without having to use Androgel or shots, etc. I am willing to try any combination of restart medications for months, year, however long it might take. And do multiple restarts if that might help as well. If after awhile it does not look like I can rebalance my hormones levels by doing a restart and my health is still not improving, than I move on the next step of using replacement T, but I am trying to avoid that if possible.

There is one issue with rebalancing my hormone levels that might be causing problems. And that is a potential high mercury level or other heavy metals. I have tested a little high on a hair test and blood test for mercury. But these were done through Genova labs, so it hard to tell if it is accurate and there is a lot of controversy surrounding mercury in general. One thing that was mentioned before was a possibly that the reason the testosterone therapy did not work and made me feel so bad, was because adding the testosterone might have made my mercury symptoms worse. This area is very controversial so I am not sure how to approach it.

The doctor I am going to see in Florida is familiar with detoxification/chelation of heavy metals. If she thinks treating this area my help me, then I probably will try using oral dmps. I have always just been a little hesistant on this issue because I did not feel comfortable with the doctors I have worked with before in this area.

To help with weight management, I think the new doctor is going to recommended certain diet changes, prescribe an appetite suppressant, and give me some supplements to help in this area.

One thing I wanted to point out is that I think my body is sensitive to medication and changes. And whatever I try is going to need to be slowly and in a controlled manner.

About my thyroid levels, I am thinking that maybe a good dose of T3 or T4 might help. I have tried armour in the past and it does not seem to do anything. I am a big guy weighing in at about 300 pounds, so maybe the dosages have been too small in the past. I could have thyroid hormone resistance, but I am not sure.

In regards to my adrenals and cortef, I don’t think I will ever try that medication again. It gave me terrible spine pain, extreme headaches, eye twitching, and just overall not a good feeling. I would consider maybe maca or something else to help in this area.

In summary, I really need some help to improve my health. I am confident that with right doctors and guidance that I can get healthy again. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to post them. It could be something a simple as supplement/medication to try or something detailed like a specific plan of things to do/take/dosages and then what to test for on labs, etc. I would really appreciate the help. Thank you.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
adding TRT will only push mercury deeper in tissue and brain.
Chelatation may be an option which is where a detoxifcation expert needs. For all the money you have spent on Dr's you could have a infrared sauna which would be one of the best forms of lymphatic cleansing. Diet is good, you may need licorace root instead for adrenals due to the imbalance of your cytokins from a hidden infection or virus that has not been isolated yet.