Steroids at the Olympics

jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
Just a pole-ish type question... How many athletes use any sort of PEDS at that teir of sports. I feel like it's Sooo high. Like in the NFL... It a fact they are on gear.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just a pole-ish type question... How many athletes use any sort of PEDS at that teir of sports. I feel like it's Sooo high. Like in the NFL... It a fact they are on gear.
Who knows! I think they should just legalize it within the sporting world, to everyone, then its an equal playing field at that point, and their decision whether to do it or not. Kinda like my job, wouldnt you WANT a big azz fireman coming to get you out of your burning house?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Who knows! I think they should just legalize it within the sporting world, to everyone, then its an equal playing field at that point, and their decision whether to do it or not. Kinda like my job, wouldnt you WANT a big azz fireman coming to get you out of your burning house?
Except that the average person would think something along the lines of "but they'll have roid rage."

jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
Except that the average person would think something along the lines of "but they'll have roid rage."
Lmao nah I agree. Mike as well just legalize it

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wada isnt testing anymore. Over 500 athletes who failed were approved to compete.

My guess is, almsot everyone. it was a matter of whether or not they got caught before now. Now it doesnt matter they arent being tested anymore

People need to realize that human beings arent more genetically gifted then ever. We just have acesses to drugs they didnt, to make us preform and brake these records. Records that couldnt be broken other wise.

Matter of fact as a whole we are alot less gifted then we used to be. People were bread for thousands of years to make the best athletes. We dont do that anymore and are compensating with PEDS.

Its just a matter of time until we acess superior things. Like nanotechnology, genedoping, etc. We will always push to see records being broke.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Most of them are just really young and in the prime of their life. I'd be for having a separate Olympics where people can use whatever the hell they want. As always, if people want to risk their lives for my entertainment, I will watch :)

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
I'd assume a great deal of Olympic athletes are on some type of PED. PEDs have been a part of the games for decades. What I'm really curious about is if some of those teenage gymnasts have been given anything. Some of them are swole.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Russia had many athletes banned for this go at the Olympics so they must be tested.

I recently looked up the banned substances for the NFL and with all the support they have banned you pretty much would have to cruise on test alone.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Russia had many athletes banned for this go at the Olympics so they must be tested.

I recently looked up the banned substances for the NFL and with all the support they have banned you pretty much would have to cruise on test alone.
Yes but if you read into it they got unbanned and the wada announce they arent testing any more and almsot all athletes were cleared to compete

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Also for the nfl statement is also wrong, if you cruised on test you would fail the PED test. Although they dont test for peds as much as you think. They do however very very very tightly test them for recreational drugs.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also for the nfl statement is also wrong, if you cruised on test you would fail the PED test. Although they dont test for peds as much as you think. They do however very very very tightly test them for recreational drugs.
I am uninformed on PED testing, but I was of the belief that testosterone injections alone wouldn't pop?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Isn't GH hard as hell to test for?
Yes and no its probably the hardest thing to test for but its pretty doable nowadays. Dosage is the big thing. If you keep dose low enough it essentially cant be tested but at that point its worthless to use.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Wada isnt testing anymore. Over 500 athletes who failed were approved to compete.

My guess is, almsot everyone. it was a matter of whether or not they got caught before now. Now it doesnt matter they arent being tested anymore

People need to realize that human beings arent more genetically gifted then ever. We just have acesses to drugs they didnt, to make us preform and brake these records. Records that couldnt be broken other wise.

Matter of fact as a whole we are alot less gifted then we used to be. People were bread for thousands of years to make the best athletes. We dont do that anymore and are compensating with PEDS.

Its just a matter of time until we acess superior things. Like nanotechnology, genedoping, etc. We will always push to see records being broke.
It's not necessarily that we arnt more "gifted" but also that our training and nutrition are far more highly tuned than ever before.

Yes, PED use is rampant in all sports where physical prowess is required, but the primary reason for not outright allowing it is not because of "roid rage". But rather the image of sport to younger generations. Do we want people to believe they can only succeed if they use drugs? That will deter, not attract people to a sport.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's not necessarily that we arnt more "gifted" but also that our training and nutrition are far more highly tuned than ever before.

Yes, PED use is rampant in all sports where physical prowess is required, but the primary reason for not outright allowing it is not because of "roid rage". But rather the image of sport to younger generations. Do we want people to believe they can only succeed if they use drugs? That will deter, not attract people to a sport.
I totally agree. However is it also ok to give them the idea that if they do things the "right way" that they can be a world class olympic athlete, an nfl football player, a mlb home run derby champ, professional bodybuilder? We both know thats not going to happen without additional help, in any sports that require elite level strength.

How many kids reach to look like magazine or play like their sports heroes and do anything to get there, and get so frustrated in the process that they turn to PEDS. I think being straight up about would do less harm.

I believe misinformation about steriods is a big part of why kids use them.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes but if you read into it they got unbanned and the wada announce they arent testing any more and almsot all athletes were cleared to compete
Two athletes were just kicked out today for failing their tests. WADA is still testing and the samples will be retested in years to come like it has been for many years now.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Two athletes were just kicked out today for failing their tests. WADA is still testing and the samples will be retested in years to come like it has been for many years now.
My bad it wasnt the wada decision. However the Olympic committee and rio decided not to test top athletes and also cleared quite a few that failed. Also it just happened that the wada wasnt testing from july 1 to 24. Hmmmm.

jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
I totally agree. However is it also ok to give them the idea that if they do things the "right way" that they can be a world class olympic athlete, an nfl football player, a mlb home run derby champ, professional bodybuilder? We both know thats not going to happen without additional help, in any sports that require elite level strength.

How many kids reach to look like magazine or play like their sports heroes and do anything to get there, and get so frustrated in the process that they turn to PEDS. I think being straight up about would do less harm.

I believe misinformation about steriods is a big part of why kids use them.
Agreed!!!!

jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
My bad it wasnt the wada decision. However the Olympic committee and rio decided not to test top athletes and also cleared quite a few that failed. Also it just happened that the wada wasnt testing from july 1 to 24. Hmmmm.
How do you know that??

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It would be all over the place if it wasnt for people trying to cover this kind of stuff up. However if you google its still easily findable.

DocOptimzed

DocOptimzed

Awards
Most of them are just really young and in the prime of their life. I'd be for having a separate Olympics where people can use whatever the hell they want. As always, if people want to risk their lives for my entertainment, I will watch :)
the risks are not worth the reward?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
the risks are not worth the reward?
Which one specifically are you asking about? In this context though, it doesn't even matter to me. I'm not the one taking anything so I don't care. I was talking about quality entertainment. What others want to take is up to them and not for me to judge.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
I think a large % of all elite athletes either are using, or have during the course of their career, used PED's.

AllTheGainz

Awards
I mean honestly, idgaf because I'll never be able to do that no matter how much **** I take, except maybe powerlifting. No way my ass is swimming a 400m race, or running times that are track worthy, no way my ass could balance on any of those gymnast bars....

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
I mean honestly, idgaf because I'll never be able to do that no matter how much **** I take, except maybe powerlifting. No way my ass is swimming a 400m race, or running times that are track worthy, no way my ass could balance on any of those gymnast bars....
This is the problem with the retarded public, what they fail to understand. They are so stupid they do not realize that steroids arent some magic pill that automatically make you great at whatever u decide you want to do. As we all know they damn well do not, but the public perception is that they do. Its ludicrous how the public thinks take some juice and you can become the best in the world at something. They dont even consider the years of hard work, practice and dedication. Literally dedicating your entire life to a sole pursuit. They think the secret is in a pill or vial. Its assinine.

AllTheGainz

Awards
This is the problem with the retarded public, what they fail to understand. They are so stupid they do not realize that steroids arent some magic pill that automatically make you great at whatever u decide you want to do. As we all know they damn well do not, but the public perception is that they do. Its ludicrous how the public thinks take some juice and you can become the best in the world at something. They dont even consider the years of hard work, practice and dedication. Literally dedicating your entire life to a sole pursuit. They think the secret is in a pill or vial. Its assinine.
Yeah phelps is genetically gifted to be a good swimmer, the way his body is. A lot of it is genetics but the government has put this idea in people's heads that steroids can make anyone do anything.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Olympics have the strictest standards and testing of all sports. They don't play.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
The only thing gear or PED's really do is help athletes recover quicker, and some of the "blood doping" type stuff for lack of better term, helps oxygen flow into muscles to get more output.

They still have to put in the hours and years into getting into shape. Lance Armstrong still had to put long hours in on a bike to get his conditioning at peak level. Any top athlete still has the gift and the drive to out work their competitors.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Olympics have the strictest standards and testing of all sports. They don't play.
WADA is strict, but no sport, especially a highly politicized event like the Olympics, is clean. It's impossible for them to keep up and that's why they hold onto samples for as long as they do. I believe I remember reading something about them recently finding substances in samples from 2008 and 2012.

StanleyG

StanleyG

Awards
WADA is strict, but no sport, especially a highly politicized event like the Olympics, is clean. It's impossible for them to keep up and that's why they hold onto samples for as long as they do. I believe I remember reading something about them recently finding substances in samples from 2008 and 2012.
Rodja, you bring up an excellent point. I think as time goes by they are going to have some difficult political decisions to make. As technology and testing improve and they go through more and more old samples some national hero's reputations could be destroyed should they choose to take all their findings public. In many ways I feel that is not fair.
Just as I feel with Lance Armstrong, that he was the best cyclist within an entire field of cyclists that were all doping, that is in fact the case with many athletes across many sports genres in years past.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rodja, you bring up an excellent point. I think as time goes by they are going to have some difficult political decisions to make. As technology and testing improve and they go through more and more old samples some national hero's reputations could be destroyed should they choose to take all their findings public. In many ways I feel that is not fair.
Just as I feel with Lance Armstrong, that he was the best cyclist within an entire field of cyclists that were all doping, that is in fact the case with many athletes across many sports genres in years past.
I believe it was Don Caitlin who started testing samples from 1984 after the Johnson scandal. He said he stopped because he was afraid of what he would find and didn't want to know. Just the fact that Lewis was able to compete and was glorified yet Johnson is vilified is ridiculous.

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
As long as his big azz has good cardio, lol.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, what gets things done is competition. Maybe Russia can start their own Olympics and allow steroids and have a "See our athletes are better" type of attitude, thus forcing the US to compete with Russia and forcing them to legal steroids so that they stand a chance of winning.