Is it over for me? Should I give up? My profile Picture!
- 06-27-2013, 07:44 AM
- 06-28-2013, 02:54 AM
You need a better workout plan, period. You don't need 2 days solely for arms. Use those days to hit the bigger groups twice and get twice as big twice as fast.Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
- 06-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Here's to overcoming adversity--You have to stick with it. From where you're at, you're a h*ck of a lot further along than I am.
When I started lifting 4 months ago, I deadlifted 65 lbs. Yes. That's six-five lbs. Little girls were laughing at me. I have a bad lower back, and a tweaked right shoulder so I had to keep things light at first.
Now, I'm at 200lb for deadlift and squat--and no back pain--which is at least a start. Weight wise I want to be at 270+ for both squat and deadlift in the next 4 months. I'm 150 lbs and I think I can get to 155 at 10% BF in that time as well. I don't ever plan on being big but I want to look good.
06-28-2013, 12:07 PM
1. Look at your diet-macro ratio and grams of protein, quality of food that your macros come from.
2. Heavy compound lifts (research powerlifting)
Once you get this down, then supplements will make more sense. However I can understand the frustration, but supps and roids are a lot better after you have the knowledge of how to train/diet to achieve your specific goal. I didn't go through every post but I have a feeling your training wasn't geared towards heavy compound movements and your diet wasn't set up properly for a clean bulk either.
06-28-2013, 12:13 PM
Bro... Get your head right first! You have to believe in yourself to break plateaus. I don't care if it sounds corny, it is true.
Psycho Cybernetics by Dr. Maxwell Maltz is a fantastic place to start, and it can be had for about 5 bucks on Amazon. There are also many great guided meditation audios that can really help with this.
I had a **** childhood and I can't begin to tell you how powerful healing your beliefs about yourself is... I thought I would never get below 15% bodyfat, but when I changed the fundamental view I hold of myself (we ain't talking Stuart Smalley crap here) it was like being struck by lightning!
Second, skip all the muscle comic split routines. Stick to the basics! Google "Doug Hepburn routine", you absolutely positively cannot go wrong mastering the basics!!!
I have wasted so much money on supplements, ignoring being consistent and training progressively, and just eating real food.
Feel free to PM me if you would like to know more. I know so well what your frustration feels like, and how amazing it feels to conquer and overcome it!
06-28-2013, 12:18 PM
"I have been working out hard off and on for a few years..."
Here is a novel idea. Try working out consistently for improved results.
06-28-2013, 12:20 PM
Is this some kind of rib on the A.M folks? Sounds like you need to work on your self esteem more than your body
Use code shawn for a free gift
06-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Bro, just do what everyone at PHF said. You don't have a bad physique...I don't know what you are upset about. If you want to be leaner, then cut. If you want to be bigger, then bulk.
1. Get your diet in check
2. Get your training down (not as important...lift heavy weights and progressively overload the muscle and you will get bigger)
3. Add drugs if natty isn't doing it for you and, at your age, I would suggest you just stay on and blast/cruise to get the results you want
4. Profit and get *****
06-28-2013, 01:06 PM
I don't think you'll ever get to where you want to be! - Now do you look at that statement as motivation to prove people (and your self doubt) wrong, or as affirmation that you're never going to be big?
I'd honestly say your physique isn't half bad for a pretty poor workout program and what I can only assume is a sparse, poor diet. If you want to be big, you've got to EAT BIG. You'll never get really big if you want to sit around and complain about being too full to eat any more, and complaining about the way fish and chicken taste. Well, maybe you could get by with Steak and Eggs and other protein sources, but fish and chicken are a pretty regular staple in most muscle building diets. I HATED tuna when I started working out, didn't like tilapia, and didn't mind Salmon, but never sought it out. After a few weeks of forcing myself to eat them, I now can stomach tuna, don't mind Tilapia one bit (bordering on liking it) and look forward to my salmon each day.
But since you posted online asking if you should quit, and seemed willing to accept the answer if enough people said yes, I have my doubts that you're willing to do what it takes over the long term to achieve your goals.
06-30-2013, 09:12 PM
You said you had diagnosed low testosterone and that you ewen where on prescription juice for a while, is this problem fixed?
when you start trt its usually a Life long treatment as your body starts to downregualte your own testosterone production.
06-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Try swai (it's a type of shark), it's cheap and meaty, and when soaked in lemon juice in the fridge for an hour or two, it doesn't taste fishy at all after it's cooked. Just one idea.
You have to get your diet in check or you're doomed. There are tons of threads on diet and meal ideas.
As for supps, I think you're a good candidate for pre-workouts.
A pity-party mentality will make you fat and ugly 100% of the time.
AM sucks ass. find me on ASF or IMF.
09-02-2013, 12:41 PM
[UPDATE] Ė AND I NEED YOUR HELP!
Ok. So I took Super DMZ 2.0 with LMG. Man do I feel messed up at the moment. I do not know what is going on with myself. I have had several problems and I am not sure what it is. I will list a few to see what you guys think.
1. After a few weeks off I hit the GYM a little bit and had almost whole body muscle cramps that were severe I mean to the point where I had to take an ICE bath; muscle relaxer bath; put soothing lotion on my muscles; and take Tylenol or Ibuprofen.
2. Joints and arms hurt; mainly in my wrist and elbows but sometimes in my back. I think mainly in my wrist and elbows because of my video game addiction problem in the past but just seems to have gotten worse; and from my back from starting to play golf a lot; I have been swinging hard and often.
3. I think I do have a form of IBS though that is always at bay; hasnít acted up in a while but thought I would just note that.
4. One thing I did want to mention is that I think I severely over trained. I do remember being on SDZ and my arms feeling like they were going to explode. I work out some of my body way to hard and did not spread works out around to different muscle groups like I should of. I latterly had to stop working out my arms because I could barely move them they felt so thick.
5. I have been taking pro-hormones off and on for years since like 25. I am wondering if I did any major damage to myself? I do not notice anything major; just the fact that for example my color bone hurts always when I do dips. Like my bones are not strong enough to hold my upper body. I did have a bird chest growing up for the longest time and even my dad made fun of me. That is why I worked out so hard for so long. I was naturally around 135 lbs. and now I canít get under 185 lbs. I am just wondering if I am bigger than my bones can support; and if I am how do I fix this because I think I am all muscle and canít lose the weight?
6. Even joints in my hands; fingers; and right toe and foot seem to easily hurt. I thought I might have some kind of rudimentary arthritis but I told the Doctor what I thought I had and when he did blood work he said that they didnít find anything.
7. When I had it bad the muscle jerks at night I had heat flashes and sometimes sweating but I do not have any of that now; the only thing I have now is muscle twitching at night if it happens. I really feel like I damaged some nerves somewhere and they need some time to heal. My question is how long does it take or do nerves even heal if you have overtrained for like a couple of years?
8. [MAIN PROBLEM] Sleeping. This goes off and on it is so weird. I get these weird muscle twitches like jerks that only happen when Iím trying to go to sleep. It will come and go; like one time it lasted for a week and I went to the Doctor and had blood work done and he said everything was fine; and it finally went a way for a while. Then like a month later or sooner it will pop in and hit me again and mess up my whole sleep schedule and I canít sleep at all. Then after a few days it goes away. I do not think I proper PCT at all for this cycle and I am afraid that I messed something up. There was one time however that it was acting up and I started talking Revolution PCT and it fixed it. Then just last night I took Revolution PCT; Pure TEST; Cycle Assists and 300 MG of Magnesium; and it happened again. I also worked out very mildly a couple hours before bed and half a beer only early that day. I havenít been drinking at all. When I wake up I feel great; walk around no problem; go to school; nothing noticeable. My elbows feel a little wore out and so do my wrists; but thatís it.
Guys I could really use your help. I have really bad health insurance. I can go to the Doctor up to 5 times per year and only up to 500 dollars per visit. I already used two for my foot and one for the blood test. I do not know what to do? I have never had this sleeping problem before when taking pro hormones. I do not know if it is Super DMZ or just finally all these pro hormones finally caught up to me. Is this healable or has anyone else had this problem?
*I did take some OxyElite the DMAA version for a while and did not like that. Maybe a couple of weeks.
Here is what I am taking off and on trying to figure out the right dose to give me sleep:
Finaflex Revolution PCT
Tribulus Raw Power
Competitive Edge Labs Cycle Assist
Natural Vitality Natural Calm [Been taking this every night]
Sometimes I take at random times:
Osteo Bi-Flex [I think this one could be a problem]
GNC Maximum Greens
Equate One Daily Menís
Equate Calcium 500+D
Vitamin C 1000MG
Thinking about taking to see if it helps:
Lift Mode 5HTP
I know that some of you guys are going to say that you are on too much stuff. Well sometimes I come completely off of everything for like a couple of months and eventually the sleep muscle twitches come back. The only other thing I can think of is that I have very low testosterone at the moment. Last time I had trouble sleeping I took Revolution PCT and Magnesium and I sleep like a baby for a long time.
The only other trigger could be
Gold Standard Whey and the amino acids in it. I had a small protein shake before I went to bed a few hours earlier and had a huge dinner. O wait that might have a problem as well. I had dinner at like 9:00 PM and went to be at 10. But how could that cause muscle twitching.
Also my dad says he only need about 5-6 hours of sleep. I could be over sleeping. I try to get 9 to 12.
Also I think I might have some anxiety because I am use to making six figures and working 12 hours a day. I did that for 10 years of my life. Now I am a poor college student which my wife takes care of me. I wonder if this could be psychology as well.
There was a time when I had Amino Acids 2222 and Gold standard Whey Protein that was expired and the lid was not sealed tight. I had they for a little while; wonder if my body had toxic amino acids for a while and now reacts to them?
Well I slept great for the past few weeks. The only thing I did different was work out a little late by very easily; not hard. Eat a late dinner. Had a half of a beer; and maybe mix cycle assist with Revolution PCT and pure test before I went to bed. And had a small protein shake before dinner.
Also do you think I could have over trained because my body just feels like it needs a lot of rest? I worked out tri-ceps like a week and a half ago mildly and they still hurt today; pretty bad. I think I need a long break. And if I do need a long break how do I work out so I donít lose everything even though I am injured. I just feel like a lot of my muscle are injured.
1. I know this is a lot. I was just hoping someone could shed some light on all of this.
2. Please advise me on what to do or if there is anything I can do.
3. Also I do not have very good insurance pretty much if any so I am relying on you guys.
4. Please help me.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. I hope you have a wonderful day. Please help!
09-02-2013, 12:51 PM
You need to get off everything and bring our body back to homeostasis. Your body doesn't know what's right from wrong
There are alot of very bright people on here but none are Dr's
Use code shawn for a free gift
09-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Stop self medicating via supplementation. Go see your doctor if you are honestly concerned for your health and well being. Just take a break from all the **** and stop cycling prohormones.
Controlled Labs Board Rep
CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
09-02-2013, 01:31 PM
I am going to stop from all of this stuff for sure. Any ideas before I see my Doc again. He is going to think I am crazy because I already saw him just a few months ago. He did blood work and said I was fine.
Man thank you so much for your reply. I really really appreciate it.
1. What is CNS? What is the term?
2. If my endocrine and immune system is severely abused; is this healable? If I take it easy and relax will this go back to 100 percent or did I do some permanent damage?
3. Private Med Labs; that sounds really cool. I do have my results from my Doctor. It’s like 10 pages; I think the first two summarize everything. Should I post that? Or just better to get Private Med Lags one? Also what kind of one should I get?
4. Should I get a detox system and then get my blood work done or get blood work done then detox? Do you recommended a very good detox system? Like off of Amazon or something?
5. Sleeping situation; if I take those products; and calm myself down; will I ever return to normal without taking something or did I permanently hurt myself?
I do not think anything is permanently wrong. Because all during the day I feel fine. Just either sore muscles or joints. I do feel my immune system is off because I am suddenly allergic to dogs and cats. But nothing major wrong throughout the day; I can play golf; pay attention in school. Just seems like if I work out or try to sleep my system feels it.
Bottom line do you think I have a good chance to pull through after detox; or did I permanently damage something like a nerve or something? Is this somewhat common at all?
09-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Dude... You have to quit all the self medicating and looking to supplements to fix your problems.
In my experience having a f-ed up childhood and dragging a bunch of stress and crap around most of my life caused the majority of my problems. In other words, most of it is in your head. Get your mind right and learn how to use your imagination again and watch your life change before your very eyes.
There are plenty of free resources out there, like guided audio meditation/visualization techniques that can be a solid place to start in lieu of finding a professional to work with. I can direct you towards a few if you like.
In the meantime, get all the crap out of your supplement cabinet. Read up on sleep hygiene. I'm not going to be a hypocrite and say that there are no good supps (I use GABA+5-HTP+melatonin+cal mag powder for sleep, fish oil, creatine, and protein powder for convenience) but your mind and body need a break.
Training wise, do something time tested and simple that you don't have to think about. Like Doug Hepburn routine A. Or any Doug Hepburn routine for that matter.
Eat plenty of meat (a variety), veggies (veggie smoothies rock), and fat, and skip the starches mostly.
Seriously, get some help for your mind. Learn stress management skills.
Eat whole foods and train like Doug Hepburn.
And on both fronts, above all develop the habit of CONSISTENCY! This free, wonder "supplement" will pay more long term dividends than any pill, powder, or magic potion. Small progressions over time lead to huge gains in the long run.
09-02-2013, 05:48 PM
09-02-2013, 05:53 PM
And oh yeah take a break from training for a couple weeks. Get a massage-seriously! My wife is an uber-skilled LMT and I can't speak highly enough for the benefits of regular massage from a qualified therapist. Massage should never, ever, under any circumstances cause pain. If it does, tell the therapist to stop.
Take epsom salt baths too. A good cal mag powder may help with soreness and will definitely improve sleep. I like Natural Calm, and it is reasonably priced at Swanson.
Skip the detox products, they're just overpriced laxatives.
09-02-2013, 06:04 PM
09-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Damn straight! Man I needed that. Thank You! Also sure I’ll take whatever sites you have on meditation.
I do think a massage would really help because my muscles all over my body seem rock hard. I am not sure if that is natural or not.
I do take Natural Calm as well; I think it does wonders. Just last night it did not work but I think I took to much other stuff as well like the cycles assist; pure test; and revolution pct. I think all of that was too much.
Yes he is giving great advice thank you!
09-03-2013, 01:48 PM
For the audio meditation stuff, I have been digging the Silva Method. You'll likely have to subscribe to their newsletter, but they have some free audio downloads on their site.
It can be a journey to find the approach that clicks for you, but IMHO the Silva system is a good one. Check it out!
09-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Ok I might have found something. Last night my head was raised and I was not flat on my back. When I got flat on my back the spasms went away. Right now I just got home from hitting some golf balls real hard and my middle back start to hurt I think from straining. I went to start taking a nap and of course I felt some spasms. I had a pillow under my head and was lifted up. When I took the pillow away and lay flat they subsided I believe.
I wonder if I have injured a nerve or have a pinched nerve or something. I do not have major pain when normal walking or hanging around; but if I hit a couple of large buckets of golf balls pretty hard I have some major pain in my rear center back.
I wonder since my joints have been all sucked up and dry and I did not do a proper PCT I am feeling all sore and weak.
09-04-2013, 10:08 AM
I just had a great night sleep again; no problems. I used no pillow and put muscle relaxer cream on my back. The only thing I took was Natural Calm Magnesium Supplement before bed. I really feel it has something to do with a sore back; nothing major just need rest. I hope this is the case but I could be wrong.
Also here are my labs.
09-04-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm tellin you bro, get a massage. Think about getting an adjustment as well. Maybe stick to yoga for a solid month or 2 to balance out any compensations you have developed from all the time on the driving range.
And you should really check out "Original Strength" by Geoff Neupert and Tim Anderson. For the longest time I'v had an obnoxious tightness that produces a skull shaking thunk from my atlas/c1, I've been using OS for about 2 months now and just noticed last night that the clunk/click from that area is gone.
09-05-2013, 06:12 PM
09-05-2013, 11:41 PM
The PCT you took is for very mild PH's; it was definitely not made for DMZ or LMG. You should have had clomid, nolva or Torem as a base instead. Seek medical help.
Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
09-06-2013, 10:24 AM
09-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Don't compare yourself to others, theres always someone bigger, better and stronger. Look at what you've accomplished and what you would look like if you stopped all together. The only one you are competing with is you. Work at getting a little better each and every year. Be thankful for what you have, genetic wise. You already look better than 90% of the worlds population.
09-06-2013, 03:56 PM
09-07-2013, 12:15 AM
Next time, research more.
Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
Similar Forum Threads
- By GabrieI in forum AnabolicsReplies: 11Last Post: 04-28-2012, 01:42 PM
- By DGA3 in forum SupplementsReplies: 8Last Post: 02-10-2012, 07:40 PM
- By chobbs4 in forum IGF-1/GHReplies: 4Last Post: 05-11-2010, 02:02 AM
- By themills in forum NutraplanetReplies: 15Last Post: 09-04-2008, 03:24 PM
- By LakeMountD in forum General ChatReplies: 20Last Post: 03-24-2006, 09:47 AM