Should I drop the finSteride

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Only on trt. But noticed some shedding/slight hair loss so decided to hop on fin 1 mg. Started off working great however now 3/4 months in im shedding like crazy. Hairs on counter, sink, pillow, everywhere. This rate I'll be bald by summer. Is it normal to shed on fin or should I drop it?

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Normal to shed, just think of it pushing out the bad hairs for the new ones to grow... you're change the growth cycles. It' pretty bad normally but should normalise around months 4-6.

lanky

Awards
  • Established
shedding is not common on finasteride, keeps hair in the anagen growth stage longer. i took finasteride from a legit pharmacy over 14 years ago but had to stop due to side effects, it was very effective for me but not a medication i wanted to take for the rest of my life, hairline has slowly moonwalked back over the past 23 years since college

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
shedding is not common on finasteride, keeps hair in the anagen growth stage longer. i took finasteride from a legit pharmacy over 14 years ago but had to stop due to side effects, it was very effective for me but not a medication i wanted to take for the rest of my life, hairline has slowly moonwalked back over the past 23 years since college
It is common to see shedding on finasteride, but yeah it is not a drug you want to take for the rest of your life. Hopefully in the next few years some safer alternatives come out (other than HT)

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Normal to shed, just think of it pushing out the bad hairs for the new ones to grow... you're change the growth cycles. It' pretty bad normally but should normalise around months 4-6.
Thanks man. I guess what's making me question it too is I
Thanks. My scalp is itching too right now though. Wasn't initially when I started but these last few weeks along with more shedding it has?

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Thanks. My scalp is itching too right now though. Wasn't initially when I started but these last few weeks along with more shedding it has?
It's hard to say man. There are tons of reasons a scalp can itch... one of them could even be new hair growth. It would be very odd for finasteride to cause hair loss, specifically speed up MPB. That doesn't seem likely. However, like many drugs, it's always possible that you might be experiencing hair loss as a side effect. Having said that, I have also heard that shedding is pretty normal for the first few months of starting finasteride.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Scalp itching is pretty normal when you first start, I would add in Rosemary & Castor Oil as well to really strengthen the hair and make the whole scalp environment healthy

Mattgainz69

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Scalp itching is pretty normal when you first start, I would add in Rosemary & Castor Oil as well to really strengthen the hair and make the whole scalp environment healthy
Thanks man. So I use minox too. When should I add the rosemary?