Idea for the AM Community..

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought it would be a cool idea to recognize members's accomplishments through their training logs or maybe even just establish a personal record or training accomplishment thread? It shouldn't be a place to ego boost but at least to show pride and accomplishment and to share with the community. Competed in a Physique Show? Ran a Tough Mudder? Powerlifting meet? Hit a PR in the gym? Met your goal weight for your cut?

There's such a broad range here that I thought it would be interesting to see, share and support each other.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's a solid idea bro but how would it differ from a general log?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's a solid idea bro but how would it differ from a general log?
It wouldn't be a log...just a thread where someone can post "Just ran 5 miles today for the first time!" "I competed in my first show!" ect ect, so on and so forth.

Would you rather follow 100 different training logs on a daily basis to see their accomishments, or just have one location where people can share on a routine basis? Figured one central location for member fitness accomplishments would be easy. Plus, not everyone has a training log...maybe they want to partake in some way.

TBH, my main interest is in the powerlifter's logs, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate all the awesome things everyone else is doing in their logs. It would be a chance to tie in all different groups. I just don't have the time during the day to follow every single log here, nor does anyone, and if you do-I want your job, whatever it is you're doing.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think that's a great idea! I'd love to hear about everyone's accomplishments big or small!!!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe a badge system that shows accomplishments?

Actually working on that....gimme a week or so.

But I do like the idea overall.. Spaniard The Solution AaronJP1

One of the reps can get it started..

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It wouldn't be a log...just a thread where someone can post "Just ran 5 miles today for the first time!" "I competed in my first show!" ect ect, so on and so forth.

Would you rather follow 100 different training logs on a daily basis to see their accomishments, or just have one location where people can share on a routine basis? Figured one central location for member fitness accomplishments would be easy. Plus, not everyone has a training log...maybe they want to partake in some way.

TBH, my main interest is in the powerlifter's logs, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate all the awesome things everyone else is doing in their logs. It would be a chance to tie in all different groups. I just don't have the time during the day to follow every single log here, nor does anyone, and if you do-I want your job, whatever it is you're doing.
Alright I got ya, so it would essentially be an all encompassing accomplishment thread. I like that a lot man. I'm all for motivation! Kind of goes along with the 100k squat thread.

I have to finish up some homework and I'll get it up, unless another rep beats me to it :)

Great idea man, keep them coming!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Good idea!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Installed and testing now.....going to ask for suggestions on awards, achievements, etc.....
Awesome. What would be cool to is adding videos. That would be super dope. People can can add videos to their log and etc.

Guarantee to make AM talk to the town (not that it ain't ;-) ) lol

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can add videos now..not sure what you mean

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can add videos now..not sure what you mean
Videos not already hosted on another site or linked from a site...like straight from IPhone

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
You trying to kill my servers? LOL

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol. If anything 30-45 sec video clips than. No full length videos. 30-45 sec will make a nice clip

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a complimentary idea. How about a board sponsored lifting totals award? Tally up bench press, squat and deadlift numbers (raw) and award based on those. 700, 800, 900 etc. Maybe sponsors will pitch in for an Anabolic Minds Raw Lift Club tshirt with the current club total you exceeded?

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also notifications on mentions on the Mobil app. I never log on the computer so I never really see them

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also notifications on mentions on the Mobil app. I never log on the computer so I never really see them
On the mobile app go to top of thread and touch the thread title. This takes you to the AM website in mobile format. Look at the top area and you'll see your account, mentions, etc.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On the mobile app go to top of thread and touch the thread title. This takes you to the AM website in mobile format. Look at the top area and you'll see your account, mentions, etc.
To much of a hassle that way lol.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
You also can't see thanks you were given or click on the link to the post that you got rep on.