A.A./N.A. Support Group Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
we should have a group disscusion on here to support recovering alcoholics/substance abusers! i think that would be great!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
i think i need help with my addiction to anaboliminds.com..lol..!

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I'm addicted to NutraPlanet :(

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
161 days today. I haven't had this much time in a long time. One day at a time!
I will say this,... AM and supplements are my new addiction. So, I can identify with you FOG!!!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
I will say this,... AM and supplements are my new addiction. So, I can identify with you FOG!!!
161 days,outstanding soldier!,and yeah i too, have the a.m addiction also..lol..!i fricken love this place,and all of my a.m brothers,and sisters!

growing21

Awards
i am also a friend of bill W, aa + working out have been the key outlets in changing my life, almost 2.5 years baby! its incredible how many people and where you meet eachother, supps are def my new addiction too lol

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
check out the thread in general chat!..on this topic!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
i am also a friend of bill W, aa + working out have been the key outlets in changing my life, almost 2.5 years baby! its incredible how many people and where you meet eachother, supps are def my new addiction too lol
2.5 years bro,awesome!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
You da man bonscott! Good job!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
We often find new things to displace our addictions in. As long as they're not destroying us, I say go for it.

Kudos to you, sir!
:thumbsup:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
We often find new things to displace our addictions in. As long as they're not destroying us, I say go for it.

Kudos to you, sir!
:thumbsup:
that is honestly the only way to do it. without something to fill that empty space, you run a much higher risk of relapse.

i've never been addicted to anything illegal. however, my g/f is/was addicted to prescription opiates, and her daily dose was enough to kill most abusers. scary stuff.

to all those that are fighting with it, congrats for taking care of yourself, and the progress you've made so far. you inspire others that are struggling to try even harder!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
that is honestly the only way to do it. without something to fill that empty space, you run a much higher risk of relapse.

i've never been addicted to anything illegal. however, my g/f is/was addicted to prescription opiates, and her daily dose was enough to kill most abusers. scary stuff.

to all those that are fighting with it, congrats for taking care of yourself, and the progress you've made so far. you inspire others that are struggling to try even harder!
i know when a loved one has an addiction,it takes alot of love,patience,understanding!.from the other person!..good job suncloud!..kudos to you too brutha!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
i know when a loved one has an addiction,it takes alot of love,patience,understanding!.from the other person!..good job suncloud!..kudos to you too brutha!
bslick, am I a loved on?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established

thanks bslick!

her daily dose was
14x40mg oxycontin (pure oxycodone - converts to morphine at 20:1)
8x5/325 percocet (8 percs = 1 oxycontin)
5x4mg dilaudid (another opiate)
3x10mg valium (diazapam)
4x350mg soma (muscle relaxer)
prozac - dose unknown
5x1mg ativan - lorazapam (for panic attacks - why stack with valium?)
8x300mg neurontin (another muscle relaxer)

all from the same doctor no less. that's what made the situation so retarded. plus something for sleep.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
thanks bslick!

her daily dose was
3x10mg valium (diazapam)
prozac - dose unknown
5x1mg lorazapam (for panic attacks - why stack with valium?)

all from the same doctor no less. that's what made the situation so retarded.
Wow. And that Neurontin is underrated as well.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
thanks bslick!

her daily dose was
3x10mg valium (diazapam)
prozac - dose unknown

all from the same doctor no less. that's what made the situation so retarded. plus something for sleep.
o.m.g!..guy thats enough to put a full grown rhino to sleep!..wow!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Wow. And that Neurontin is underrated as well.
man. one time, she stopped breathing, had to call 9-1-1. sucked. doctor switched her over from oxycontin to fentynal (pathches), convert 50:1 to morphine. she ate one, and ended up trying to puke it out. of course fentynal is absorbed through skin, so while eating it, it was injested through the gums....

stress from dealing with her sometimes drives me nuts. without the gym, i would have lost myself a year ago. not an exaggeration.

now we got her on three things
codeine 30/300?x6
soma 350x3
lexapro (dose unknown)

she's eating again, which is a nice change :) baby steps.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
o.m.g!..guy thats enough to put a full grown rhino to sleep!..wow!

yeah.... stupid doctor. she's 5'11" and 136 lbs, with 4 pounds worth of boob implants. how could someone with any intelligence, let alone a doctor, not know she was dying? humans...

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
man. one time, she stopped breathing, had to call 9-1-1. sucked. doctor switched her over from oxycontin to fentynal (pathches), convert 50:1 to morphine. she ate one, and ended up trying to puke it out. of course fentynal is absorbed through skin, so while eating it, it was injested through the gums....

stress from dealing with her sometimes drives me nuts. without the gym, i would have lost myself a year ago. not an exaggeration.

now we got her on three things
codeine 30/300?x6
soma 350x3
lexapro (dose unknown)

she's eating again, which is a nice change :) baby steps.
wow.that must have been pretty scarey for you,and im glad to hear shes doing better!..i got the same issues sometimes,my g.f would be fine and dandy when shes on!..but the next day,oh! boy talk about mood swings! thats where the patiences and love gets tested!grrrr!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Trust me, I can relate.
What, and how much was she using?
And as far as her getting prescriptions for it - what was the cause?
(If you don't feel comfortable saying, man, it's cool)
EDIT - Sorry, I see now.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks bslick!

her daily dose was
3x10mg valium (diazapam)
prozac - dose unknown

WOW!
Ok, what is her condition?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
WOW!
Ok, what is her condition?
neck injury, bulging disk C3-C4 vertebrae, caused by falling down the stairs while pregnant. post traumatic stress disorder caused by her husband overdosing and dying in 2005. stress from oldest kid being born with small intestines outside her body. youngest was born not breathing, had to be resuscitated twice. that's what i know.

with a preexisting medical condition, she's almost entitled to get meds, which is where the problem started.

me - drug free -
abused by a child psychiatrist (physical and mental) for 17 years - mom
moved countries every 6 months so dad couldn't send a birthday card
became masochistic in 1994 - i used to stick safety pins through an inch of flesh. that habit took awhile to kick.
ex wife came out of the closet in 1997
grandmother passed the same month
clearance pulled to make sure i wasn't unstable, same month
shot and robbed in 2002
watched g/f overdose twice

that's the nutshell version. if anyone needs someone to talk to, or just have someone listen to them for a bit, PM me - there's very little that i can't handle :)

this is also the reason i'm not insane right now - it takes a lot to make me snap. though sleeping has become harder to do... all this probably explains my tattoo.

post working out, here's the tattoo in my avatar. obviously there's some gothic tones here....

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
neck injury, bulging disk C3-C4 vertebrae, caused by falling down the stairs while pregnant. post traumatic stress disorder caused by her husband overdosing and dying in 2005. stress from oldest kid being born with small intestines outside her body. youngest was born not breathing, had to be resuscitated twice. that's what i know.

with a preexisting medical condition, she's almost entitled to get meds, which is where the problem started.

me - drug free -
abused by a child psychiatrist (physical and mental) for 17 years - mom
moved countries every 6 months so dad couldn't send a birthday card
became masochistic in 1994 - i used to stick safety pins through an inch of flesh. that habit took awhile to kick.
ex wife came out of the closet in 1997
grandmother passed the same month
clearance pulled to make sure i wasn't unstable, same month
shot and robbed in 2002
watched g/f overdose twice

that's the nutshell version. if anyone needs someone to talk to, or just have someone listen to them for a bit, PM me - there's very little that i can't handle :)

this is also the reason i'm not insane right now - it takes a lot to make me snap. though sleeping has become harder to do... all this probably explains my tattoo.

post working out, here's the tattoo in my avatar. obviously there's some gothic tones here....

Right on, man. You seem like you have your head on straight, so much respect for that.
Loosing 17'' of my body in the sand had me on pain meds. They allowed me to feel happy for a little, so I liked it. PTS got to me after that. Thankfully, I have a strong wife/family that pulled me back into my existence. I put one foot in front of me at a time (just one cost a lot more than the other ;)).

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
iron lungz, the way i figure it is that if we're not helping each other, we're just prolonging the problem. as you, i'm glad to help out where i can.

Pavlovs Vodka

Pavlovs Vodka

Awards
I currently have 120 days... def can relate to replacing addictions. I had a couple of years, life was going great, had got in the best shape I had been in in my entire life... great girlfriend, condo on the beach, the works. ****ed up for 2 weeks and lost it all. Even lost my ****ing TV.

Thats why I gotta keep it simple.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
iron lungz, the way i figure it is that if we're not helping each other, we're just prolonging the problem. as you, i'm glad to help out where i can.
thank you suncloud.and you are a huge load of help,bro.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
I currently have 120 days... def can relate to replacing addictions. I had a couple of years, life was going great, had got in the best shape I had been in in my entire life... great girlfriend, condo on the beach, the works. ****ed up for 2 weeks and lost it all. Even lost my ****ing TV.

Thats why I gotta keep it simple.
bro, i been there and i never want to go back! i just got my g.f/kids back,she caught me messin' around on her about 2yrs. ago and went back to kentucky with my kids, since i been sober i managed to salvage pretty much of what was once called my life.and it keeps getting better.

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
How about an drunk/pot head section too???? :jaw: Come on guys! :bruce1:

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
I feel the same way! NA/AA Sucks donkey balls!
you talking from experience,huh! i mean with the donkey balls.
i know your just trying to start siht..so you no what ill' let you go with donkey ball licking and im out!...pffft! waste of time.why dont you go pester someone else?

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
you talking from experience,huh! i mean with the donkey balls.
i know your just trying to start siht..so you no what ill' let you go with donkey ball licking and im out!...pffft! waste of time.why dont you go pester someone else?
Im just stating my personal experience man! Not trying to start "ish. It just didn't work for me! I did my best to work it.... but it wasn't for me bro! I got to be as sober as I am on my own.

BTW, if you didn't already know... the donkey balls were a joke! I only suck those on special occasions!

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
Im just stating my personal experience man! Not trying to start "ish. It just didn't work for me! I did my best to work it.... but it wasn't for me bro! I got to be as sober as I am on my own.

BTW, if you didn't already know... the donkey balls were a joke! I only suck those on special occasions!
i was under the impression that you were getting cocky because of your one liner remarks,i know this kind of stuff aint for everybody. you for example are going on self will if what you are saying is true(doing it on your own)but if it works for you then thats fine.diff. things work for diff. people.my bad bro.if i was harsh but i just dont want a fok fest to happen in this thread(arguments)there is people here giving real life accounts on the topic and i dont think its cool to disrespect that.and vear this off in a negative direction.cool?

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
i was under the impression that you were getting cocky because of your one liner remarks,i know this kind of stuff aint for everybody. you for example are going on self will if what you are saying is true(doing it on your own)but if it works for you then thats fine.diff. things work for diff. people.my bad bro.if i was harsh but i just dont want a fok fest to happen in this thread(arguments)there is people here giving real life accounts on the topic and i dont think its cool to disrespect that.and vear this off in a negative direction.cool?
Im cool with this method working for you guys! It just didn't do one bit of good for me! I met more druggies in n/a and a/a than I ever met in my life! I was 15/16 when I went to that $hit and I just got worse!!! If it worked for you then Im happy for you!!!!
Also.... this method is too GOD related! We are our own gods IMHO! WE choose what we do in life!!!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I love AA/NA, but haven't been since I got out of rehab. I was able to maintain sobriety for a while, but without God, we're all doomed!

bslick is a VERY good guy... But rub him the wrong way... hahaha! WATCH OUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.