A.A./N.A. Support Group Thread!

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    neck injury, bulging disk C3-C4 vertebrae, caused by falling down the stairs while pregnant. post traumatic stress disorder caused by her husband overdosing and dying in 2005. stress from oldest kid being born with small intestines outside her body. youngest was born not breathing, had to be resuscitated twice. that's what i know.

with a preexisting medical condition, she's almost entitled to get meds, which is where the problem started.

me - drug free -
    abused by a child psychiatrist (physical and mental) for 17 years - mom
    moved countries every 6 months so dad couldn't send a birthday card
    became masochistic in 1994 - i used to stick safety pins through an inch of flesh. that habit took awhile to kick.
    ex wife came out of the closet in 1997
    grandmother passed the same month
    clearance pulled to make sure i wasn't unstable, same month
    shot and robbed in 2002
    watched g/f overdose twice

that's the nutshell version. if anyone needs someone to talk to, or just have someone listen to them for a bit, PM me - there's very little that i can't handle

this is also the reason i'm not insane right now - it takes a lot to make me snap. though sleeping has become harder to do... all this probably explains my tattoo.

post working out, here's the tattoo in my avatar. obviously there's some gothic tones here....

Right on, man. You seem like you have your head on straight, so much respect for that.
    Loosing 17'' of my body in the sand had me on pain meds. They allowed me to feel happy for a little, so I liked it. PTS got to me after that. Thankfully, I have a strong wife/family that pulled me back into my existence. I put one foot in front of me at a time (just one cost a lot more than the other ).

2. iron lungz, the way i figure it is that if we're not helping each other, we're just prolonging the problem. as you, i'm glad to help out where i can.
    •   

3. I currently have 120 days... def can relate to replacing addictions. I had a couple of years, life was going great, had got in the best shape I had been in in my entire life... great girlfriend, condo on the beach, the works. ****ed up for 2 weeks and lost it all. Even lost my ****ing TV.

Thats why I gotta keep it simple.

4. Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    iron lungz, the way i figure it is that if we're not helping each other, we're just prolonging the problem. as you, i'm glad to help out where i can.
    thank you suncloud.and you are a huge load of help,bro.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Pavlovs Vodka View Post
    I currently have 120 days... def can relate to replacing addictions. I had a couple of years, life was going great, had got in the best shape I had been in in my entire life... great girlfriend, condo on the beach, the works. ****ed up for 2 weeks and lost it all. Even lost my ****ing TV.

Thats why I gotta keep it simple.
    bro, i been there and i never want to go back! i just got my g.f/kids back,she caught me messin' around on her about 2yrs. ago and went back to kentucky with my kids, since i been sober i managed to salvage pretty much of what was once called my life.and it keeps getting better.

6. How about an drunk/pot head section too???? Come on guys! :bruce1:

7. Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post
    How about an drunk/pot head section too???? Come on guys! :bruce1:

8. Quote Originally Posted by bslick69b View Post
    Im not an alcoholic though!!

9. Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post
    Im not an alcoholic though!!
    then whats up?

10. Quote Originally Posted by bslick69b View Post
    then whats up?
    Don't know??
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post
    Don't know??
    ooookayyyyy!

12. Quote Originally Posted by bslick69b View Post
    ooookayyyyy!
    Yes it is ok!
  13. Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post
    Yes it is ok!
    good for you.

14. Quote Originally Posted by bslick69b View Post
    good for you.
    I feel the same way! NA/AA Sucks donkey balls!

15. Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post
    I feel the same way! NA/AA Sucks donkey balls!
    you talking from experience,huh! i mean with the donkey balls.
    i know your just trying to start siht..so you no what ill' let you go with donkey ball licking and im out!...pffft! waste of time.why dont you go pester someone else?

16. Quote Originally Posted by bslick69b View Post
    you talking from experience,huh! i mean with the donkey balls.
    i know your just trying to start siht..so you no what ill' let you go with donkey ball licking and im out!...pffft! waste of time.why dont you go pester someone else?
    Im just stating my personal experience man! Not trying to start "ish. It just didn't work for me! I did my best to work it.... but it wasn't for me bro! I got to be as sober as I am on my own.

BTW, if you didn't already know... the donkey balls were a joke! I only suck those on special occasions!

17. Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post
    Im just stating my personal experience man! Not trying to start "ish. It just didn't work for me! I did my best to work it.... but it wasn't for me bro! I got to be as sober as I am on my own.

BTW, if you didn't already know... the donkey balls were a joke! I only suck those on special occasions!
    i was under the impression that you were getting cocky because of your one liner remarks,i know this kind of stuff aint for everybody. you for example are going on self will if what you are saying is true(doing it on your own)but if it works for you then thats fine.diff. things work for diff. people.my bad bro.if i was harsh but i just dont want a fok fest to happen in this thread(arguments)there is people here giving real life accounts on the topic and i dont think its cool to disrespect that.and vear this off in a negative direction.cool?

18. Quote Originally Posted by bslick69b View Post
    i was under the impression that you were getting cocky because of your one liner remarks,i know this kind of stuff aint for everybody. you for example are going on self will if what you are saying is true(doing it on your own)but if it works for you then thats fine.diff. things work for diff. people.my bad bro.if i was harsh but i just dont want a fok fest to happen in this thread(arguments)there is people here giving real life accounts on the topic and i dont think its cool to disrespect that.and vear this off in a negative direction.cool?
    Im cool with this method working for you guys! It just didn't do one bit of good for me! I met more druggies in n/a and a/a than I ever met in my life! I was 15/16 when I went to that $hit and I just got worse!!! If it worked for you then Im happy for you!!!!
    Also.... this method is too GOD related! We are our own gods IMHO! WE choose what we do in life!!!

19. I love AA/NA, but haven't been since I got out of rehab. I was able to maintain sobriety for a while, but without God, we're all doomed!

bslick is a VERY good guy... But rub him the wrong way... hahaha! WATCH OUT!
    Freedom means nothing here.

20. Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post
    Im cool with this method working for you guys! It just didn't do one bit of good for me! I met more druggies in n/a and a/a than I ever met in my life! I was 15/16 when I went to that $hit and I just got worse!!! If it worked for you then Im happy for you!!!!
    Also.... this method is too GOD related! We are our own gods IMHO! WE choose what we do in life!!!
    im sorry to hear that it didnt' work for you.and in the long run it comes down to the individual.and in this case you found your peace of mine in your belief of sobriety.and like i said if it works for you then thats fine.and of course your going to see more druggies there then anywhere else.its a druggie/ex-druggie convention.i would go to the strip club and see the most tits i ever seen in my life because thats where all the titties are at cool!

21. Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    I love AA/NA, but haven't been since I got out of rehab. I was able to maintain sobriety for a while, but without God, we're all doomed!

bslick is a VERY good guy... But rub him the wrong way... hahaha! WATCH OUT!
    We make our own destinies FOG! I really believe that! Ive seen nothing in my life to make me believe in a higher power than myself!! We can only count on ourselves! You do know our society has places for people that speaks to "what is not there"! They are called mental wards or church.

22. Maybe it did work for you? in the sense that you saw people you didn't want to be like???

What is this "AA didnt work for me ****"?
    What did you want from it? What quantified working?
    better- What did you put into it?

23. Quote Originally Posted by Pavlovs Vodka View Post
    Maybe it did work for you? in the sense that you saw people you didn't want to be like???

What is this "AA didnt work for me ****"?
    What did you want from it? What quantified working?
    better- What did you put into it?
    I like this 'PV' guy. Good man.
    Freedom means nothing here.

24. Suncloud and I touched on the subject of displacing addictions into healthier ones yesterday. Well, I want to add that it may be a good idea to not solely rely on them. Because if you replace a opiate addiction (example) with working out and a structured life, what will happen to you if a monkey wrench is thrown into the mix? It will happen; that's life in a nutshell. Nothing is guaranteed, nor is it written in stone. So it's a good idea to actually have a grasp on the addiction before displacing it.

Bobby (bslick) started this thread with the intentions of reaching out to those that may want/need some guidance, or a friend to talk to... so let's respect that. There's absolutely no need for anyone to come in here with a sarcastic tone, and add negative comments. If this isn't your thing, move on - but don't throw start throwing mud at people (or subjects) unless you're willing to help.

Just a thought.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Suncloud and I touched on the subject of displacing addictions into healthier ones yesterday. Well, I want to add that it may be a good idea to not solely rely on them. Because if you replace a opiate addiction (example) with working out and a structured life, what will happen to you if a monkey wrench is thrown into the mix? It will happen; that's life in a nutshell. Nothing is guaranteed, nor is it written in stone. So it's a good idea to actually have a grasp on the addiction before displacing it.

Bobby (bslick) started this thread with the intentions of reaching out to those that may want/need some guidance, or a friend to talk to... so let's respect that. There's absolutely no need for anyone to come in here with a sarcastic tone, and add negative comments. If this isn't your thing, move on - but don't throw start throwing mud at people (or subjects) unless you're willing to help.

Just a thought.
    thanks lungz.goodmorning btw.

26. Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post
    i know we already cleard this up between you and i tim.but i wanted to make one more comment in relation to yours.i dont think you could have really been able to grasp the concept of what a.a/n.a were really trying to teach you.not at 15 atleast.i seen people there for alot of diff.reasons but to tell you the truth alot of times the old timers (the people that run the group discussion's)seem to be the only ones that truly get it.thats why at the end of every meeting.they always say the same thing"keep coming back,because it works if you work it"meaning if you dont get it the first time.which is usually the case.to keep coming back because it works if you try to make it work.cool?
  27. Thumbs up awesome job!

i want to make a shout out to everyone in recovery!..or are helping others with theres!.i salute you,and your doing one hell of a job!keep up the good work.(brothers in steel!)

28. 4 years 7 months here. Welcome all. There are a bunch of us on here, and several good threads as B5150 pointed out.
  29. Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    4 years 7 months here. Welcome all. There are a bunch of us on here, and several good threads as B5150 pointed out.
    awesome!

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Unemployment Support Thread
    By David Dunn in forum General Chat
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 09:42 PM
  2. Cheat Day Support Group, members check in!
    By Massiah in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2011, 08:37 PM
  3. Drive/RPM Support Group (DRLA) Come in..
    By Vitruvian in forum Supplements
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 03:25 PM