A.A./N.A. Support Group Thread! - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

A.A./N.A. Support Group Thread!

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post
    Don't know??
    ooookayyyyy!

  2. Senior Member
    tim1985's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,315
    Rep Power
    1320

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bslick69b View Post
    ooookayyyyy!
    Yes it is ok!
  3. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    Smile


    Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post
    Yes it is ok!
    good for you.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    tim1985's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,315
    Rep Power
    1320

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bslick69b View Post
    good for you.
    I feel the same way! NA/AA Sucks donkey balls!
  5. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post
    I feel the same way! NA/AA Sucks donkey balls!
    you talking from experience,huh! i mean with the donkey balls.
    i know your just trying to start siht..so you no what ill' let you go with donkey ball licking and im out!...pffft! waste of time.why dont you go pester someone else?
  6. Senior Member
    tim1985's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,315
    Rep Power
    1320

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bslick69b View Post
    you talking from experience,huh! i mean with the donkey balls.
    i know your just trying to start siht..so you no what ill' let you go with donkey ball licking and im out!...pffft! waste of time.why dont you go pester someone else?
    Im just stating my personal experience man! Not trying to start "ish. It just didn't work for me! I did my best to work it.... but it wasn't for me bro! I got to be as sober as I am on my own.

    BTW, if you didn't already know... the donkey balls were a joke! I only suck those on special occasions!
  7. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post
    Im just stating my personal experience man! Not trying to start "ish. It just didn't work for me! I did my best to work it.... but it wasn't for me bro! I got to be as sober as I am on my own.

    BTW, if you didn't already know... the donkey balls were a joke! I only suck those on special occasions!
    i was under the impression that you were getting cocky because of your one liner remarks,i know this kind of stuff aint for everybody. you for example are going on self will if what you are saying is true(doing it on your own)but if it works for you then thats fine.diff. things work for diff. people.my bad bro.if i was harsh but i just dont want a fok fest to happen in this thread(arguments)there is people here giving real life accounts on the topic and i dont think its cool to disrespect that.and vear this off in a negative direction.cool?
  8. Senior Member
    tim1985's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,315
    Rep Power
    1320

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bslick69b View Post
    i was under the impression that you were getting cocky because of your one liner remarks,i know this kind of stuff aint for everybody. you for example are going on self will if what you are saying is true(doing it on your own)but if it works for you then thats fine.diff. things work for diff. people.my bad bro.if i was harsh but i just dont want a fok fest to happen in this thread(arguments)there is people here giving real life accounts on the topic and i dont think its cool to disrespect that.and vear this off in a negative direction.cool?
    Im cool with this method working for you guys! It just didn't do one bit of good for me! I met more druggies in n/a and a/a than I ever met in my life! I was 15/16 when I went to that $hit and I just got worse!!! If it worked for you then Im happy for you!!!!
    Also.... this method is too GOD related! We are our own gods IMHO! WE choose what we do in life!!!
  9. Elite Member
    Force of Green's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,531
    Rep Power
    149921

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I love AA/NA, but haven't been since I got out of rehab. I was able to maintain sobriety for a while, but without God, we're all doomed!

    bslick is a VERY good guy... But rub him the wrong way... hahaha! WATCH OUT!
    Freedom means nothing here.
  10. Senior Member
    tim1985's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,315
    Rep Power
    1320

    Reputation
  11. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post
    Im cool with this method working for you guys! It just didn't do one bit of good for me! I met more druggies in n/a and a/a than I ever met in my life! I was 15/16 when I went to that $hit and I just got worse!!! If it worked for you then Im happy for you!!!!
    Also.... this method is too GOD related! We are our own gods IMHO! WE choose what we do in life!!!
    im sorry to hear that it didnt' work for you.and in the long run it comes down to the individual.and in this case you found your peace of mine in your belief of sobriety.and like i said if it works for you then thats fine.and of course your going to see more druggies there then anywhere else.its a druggie/ex-druggie convention.i would go to the strip club and see the most tits i ever seen in my life because thats where all the titties are at cool!
  12. Senior Member
    tim1985's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,315
    Rep Power
    1320

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    I love AA/NA, but haven't been since I got out of rehab. I was able to maintain sobriety for a while, but without God, we're all doomed!

    bslick is a VERY good guy... But rub him the wrong way... hahaha! WATCH OUT!
    We make our own destinies FOG! I really believe that! Ive seen nothing in my life to make me believe in a higher power than myself!! We can only count on ourselves! You do know our society has places for people that speaks to "what is not there"! They are called mental wards or church.
  13. New Member
    Pavlovs Vodka's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    91

    Reputation

    Maybe it did work for you? in the sense that you saw people you didn't want to be like???


    What is this "AA didnt work for me ****"?
    What did you want from it? What quantified working?
    better- What did you put into it?
  14. Elite Member
    Force of Green's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,531
    Rep Power
    149921

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Pavlovs Vodka View Post
    Maybe it did work for you? in the sense that you saw people you didn't want to be like???


    What is this "AA didnt work for me ****"?
    What did you want from it? What quantified working?
    better- What did you put into it?
    I like this 'PV' guy. Good man.
    Freedom means nothing here.
  15. Banned
    Iron Lungz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,785
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Suncloud and I touched on the subject of displacing addictions into healthier ones yesterday. Well, I want to add that it may be a good idea to not solely rely on them. Because if you replace a opiate addiction (example) with working out and a structured life, what will happen to you if a monkey wrench is thrown into the mix? It will happen; that's life in a nutshell. Nothing is guaranteed, nor is it written in stone. So it's a good idea to actually have a grasp on the addiction before displacing it.

    Bobby (bslick) started this thread with the intentions of reaching out to those that may want/need some guidance, or a friend to talk to... so let's respect that. There's absolutely no need for anyone to come in here with a sarcastic tone, and add negative comments. If this isn't your thing, move on - but don't throw start throwing mud at people (or subjects) unless you're willing to help.

    Just a thought.
  16. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Suncloud and I touched on the subject of displacing addictions into healthier ones yesterday. Well, I want to add that it may be a good idea to not solely rely on them. Because if you replace a opiate addiction (example) with working out and a structured life, what will happen to you if a monkey wrench is thrown into the mix? It will happen; that's life in a nutshell. Nothing is guaranteed, nor is it written in stone. So it's a good idea to actually have a grasp on the addiction before displacing it.

    Bobby (bslick) started this thread with the intentions of reaching out to those that may want/need some guidance, or a friend to talk to... so let's respect that. There's absolutely no need for anyone to come in here with a sarcastic tone, and add negative comments. If this isn't your thing, move on - but don't throw start throwing mud at people (or subjects) unless you're willing to help.

    Just a thought.
    thanks lungz.goodmorning btw.
  17. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by tim1985 View Post
    Im cool with this method working for you guys! It just didn't do one bit of good for me! I met more druggies in n/a and a/a than I ever met in my life! I was 15/16 when I went to that $hit and I just got worse!!! If it worked for you then Im happy for you!!!!
    Also.... this method is too GOD related! We are our own gods IMHO! WE choose what we do in life!!!
    i know we already cleard this up between you and i tim.but i wanted to make one more comment in relation to yours.i dont think you could have really been able to grasp the concept of what a.a/n.a were really trying to teach you.not at 15 atleast.i seen people there for alot of diff.reasons but to tell you the truth alot of times the old timers (the people that run the group discussion's)seem to be the only ones that truly get it.thats why at the end of every meeting.they always say the same thing"keep coming back,because it works if you work it"meaning if you dont get it the first time.which is usually the case.to keep coming back because it works if you try to make it work.cool?
  18. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    Thumbs up awesome job!


    i want to make a shout out to everyone in recovery!..or are helping others with theres!.i salute you,and your doing one hell of a job!keep up the good work.(brothers in steel!)
  19. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1987

    Reputation

    4 years 7 months here. Welcome all. There are a bunch of us on here, and several good threads as B5150 pointed out.
  20. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    4 years 7 months here. Welcome all. There are a bunch of us on here, and several good threads as B5150 pointed out.
    awesome!
  21. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2367

    Reputation

    3-1/2 years or so now for me. to those who are "early in" stick with what works for you, if it's AA/NA/CA or standing on your head in the corner. there are many methods, everyone is different, things work differently for each of us. experience? AA/CA worked well for me, did not for my GF of a year and a half now, she went, did the steps and still used, she found a different way and claims the only thing good that came out of her AA experience is me, i have to remind her that everything she did, everything she heard, and all her experiences got her where she is right now. to the guy that went to AA in his teens and had a bad experience i will say the same thing, everything you have experienced till now and the way you perceive it, has gotten you where you are......and if you had a problem and are sober now, who gives a dam how you got there. everyones greatest asset is the one thing that no one can ever take from you........your experiences in this life, all of them. use what you have to educate others but, to not have tolerance towards other methods or avenues is not the way to walk this earth, or interact with others. even when i work with newcomers, i tell them that "this is what worked for me, i don't know if it will work for you", now when you say that to a group of 30+ patients in a rehab, you get mixed responses, but the truth is the best avenue for me.
  22. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1987

    Reputation

    I agree Lennoxchi. My first sponsor told me "There are many paths to the top of the mountain. The trick is to find the one that works for you"

    AA and the twelve steps and the Grace of God have worked for me. I think I'll keep doing what I've been doing.
  23. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    3-1/2 years or so now for me. to those who are "early in" stick with what works for you, if it's AA/NA/CA or standing on your head in the corner. there are many methods, everyone is different, things work differently for each of us. experience? AA/CA worked well for me, did not for my GF of a year and a half now, she went, did the steps and still used, she found a different way and claims the only thing good that came out of her AA experience is me, i have to remind her that everything she did, everything she heard, and all her experiences got her where she is right now. to the guy that went to AA in his teens and had a bad experience i will say the same thing, everything you have experienced till now and the way you perceive it, has gotten you where you are......and if you had a problem and are sober now, who gives a dam how you got there. everyones greatest asset is the one thing that no one can ever take from you........your experiences in this life, all of them. use what you have to educate others but, to not have tolerance towards other methods or avenues is not the way to walk this earth, or interact with others. even when i work with newcomers, i tell them that "this is what worked for me, i don't know if it will work for you", now when you say that to a group of 30+ patients in a rehab, you get mixed responses, but the truth is the best avenue for me.
    3.5 yrs. awesome job lennoxchi!..
  24. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    I agree Lennoxchi. My first sponsor told me "There are many paths to the top of the mountain. The trick is to find the one that works for you"

    AA and the twelve steps and the Grace of God have worked for me. I think I'll keep doing what I've been doing.
    keep on keepin on redwolf,awesome!
  25. Professional Member
    RoadBlocK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,210
    Rep Power
    82880

    Reputation Reputation

    great job guys, keep it up--

    as for me I mis-understood the title, I thought it was "anabolics anonymous"

    peace~
    PHF Anabolic Trinity Epistane, Trenavar, and Mentabolan - Available Now!!
    Celtic Labs-Trestobol, HaloMass, Celitren, Ostabal and more Available Now!!
    PHF Rep/Celtic labs

  26. Elite Member
    suncloud's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,352
    Rep Power
    3261

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Suncloud and I touched on the subject of displacing addictions into healthier ones yesterday. Well, I want to add that it may be a good idea to not solely rely on them. Because if you replace a opiate addiction (example) with working out and a structured life, what will happen to you if a monkey wrench is thrown into the mix? It will happen; that's life in a nutshell. Nothing is guaranteed, nor is it written in stone. So it's a good idea to actually have a grasp on the addiction before displacing it.

    Bobby (bslick) started this thread with the intentions of reaching out to those that may want/need some guidance, or a friend to talk to... so let's respect that. There's absolutely no need for anyone to come in here with a sarcastic tone, and add negative comments. If this isn't your thing, move on - but don't throw start throwing mud at people (or subjects) unless you're willing to help.

    Just a thought.
    completely agree. though filling that void with something else can help. for example, the oxycontin that my g/f was on, was snorted. if she doesn't find something to occupy her time, she tends to hang around the house, and her thoughts go back to abusing the meds. i'm not saying its a 100% fix, but it can help.

    secondly, i hope your second paragraph wasn't addressed at me. if it was, i apologize for coming off that way, which was never my intention.
  27. New Member
    Pavlovs Vodka's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    91

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by lennoxchi View Post
    3-1/2 years or so now for me. to those who are "early in" stick with what works for you, if it's AA/NA/CA or standing on your head in the corner. there are many methods, everyone is different, things work differently for each of us. experience? AA/CA worked well for me, did not for my GF of a year and a half now, she went, did the steps and still used, she found a different way and claims the only thing good that came out of her AA experience is me, i have to remind her that everything she did, everything she heard, and all her experiences got her where she is right now. to the guy that went to AA in his teens and had a bad experience i will say the same thing, everything you have experienced till now and the way you perceive it, has gotten you where you are......and if you had a problem and are sober now, who gives a dam how you got there. everyones greatest asset is the one thing that no one can ever take from you........your experiences in this life, all of them. use what you have to educate others but, to not have tolerance towards other methods or avenues is not the way to walk this earth, or interact with others. even when i work with newcomers, i tell them that "this is what worked for me, i don't know if it will work for you", now when you say that to a group of 30+ patients in a rehab, you get mixed responses, but the truth is the best avenue for me.

    So true. So, so true. That's what I love most about the program, the principles of the program do not state or ask anymore of me than I ask of myself. Sure some personalities can throw in their 2 cents and try to manipulate the program to fit their conceptions of right and wrong. But the program put me in conscious contact with my higher power... and showed me a path to stay there.
  28. Elite Member
    Force of Green's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,531
    Rep Power
    149921

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Even in rehab, I had somewhat of a relapse. I remember asking to be put on Wellbutrin, so when I was I would hoard my pills (spit them out when I was in my room) and when I had a few of them I would crush them up and insufflate them. I did this twice and though it killed my nose, I was speeded out. Only I was speeded out in a bad way. I was pacing back and forth like a retard. I never did that again. It was embarassing.
    Freedom means nothing here.
  29. Registered User
    RedwolfWV's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,258
    Rep Power
    1987

    Reputation

    Ugh.. That would suck. I never went into rehab. Just did the DT thing on the couch 4 or 5 different times. Fun times. Ya right.
  30. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    Smile


    Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    completely agree. though filling that void with something else can help. for example, the oxycontin that my g/f was on, was snorted. if she doesn't find something to occupy her time, she tends to hang around the house, and her thoughts go back to abusing the meds. i'm not saying its a 100% fix, but it can help.

    secondly, i hope your second paragraph wasn't addressed at me. if it was, i apologize for coming off that way, which was never my intention.
    no!..i dont think it was addressed to you suncloud!
  31. Banned
    Iron Lungz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,785
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    completely agree. though filling that void with something else can help. for example, the oxycontin that my g/f was on, was snorted. if she doesn't find something to occupy her time, she tends to hang around the house, and her thoughts go back to abusing the meds. i'm not saying its a 100% fix, but it can help.

    secondly, i hope your second paragraph wasn't addressed at me. if it was, i apologize for coming off that way, which was never my intention.
    No, not at all. You are providing great information - it was directed toward anyone that might want to say that rehab doesn't work.
  32. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    No, not at all. You are providing great information - it was directed toward anyone that might want to say that rehab doesn't work.
    yes..i second that..suncloud you're very helpful and thanks for using your experience to help.also thanks ironlungz for your help also and for clarifying your satement!
  33. Senior Member
    nemo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,649
    Rep Power
    1235

    Reputation

    Everything is not for everybody,.. but for me, I must say goodbye to self and put it all in God's omnipotent hands. I mean, I believe there has to be a guardian angel or some kinda destiny, as I prolly shoulda been dead a long time ago!!!
    I pasted this following from a post in general chat, but it's one of my tools,...I attend a mens group that is basically about how to be a man. You'd think at 37 I'd have that covered, but, well, it is what it is. The main things we concentrate on are integrity and accountability, and how they show up in your life. Not everyone there is addict, was an addict, whatever. That's the one group I hit every week without fail, even if I don't make an AA meeting!!! It's made a big difference in my life. It's loosely based on SWET, which is spiritual warfare effectiveness training.
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  34. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2367

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bonscott View Post
    Everything is not for everybody,.. but for me, I must say goodbye to self and put it all in God's omnipotent hands. I mean, I believe there has to be a guardian angel or some kinda destiny, as I prolly shoulda been dead a long time ago!!!
    I pasted this following from a post in general chat, but it's one of my tools,...I attend a mens group that is basically about how to be a man. You'd think at 37 I'd have that covered, but, well, it is what it is. The main things we concentrate on are integrity and accountability, and how they show up in your life. Not everyone there is addict, was an addict, whatever. That's the one group I hit every week without fail, even if I don't make an AA meeting!!! It's made a big difference in my life. It's loosely based on SWET, which is spiritual warfare effectiveness training.
    sounds interesting, wonder if theres any thing like that here in Chi-Town
  35. Senior Member
    nemo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,649
    Rep Power
    1235

    Reputation

    SWET has camping trips every summer that are quite interesting,.. you could look it up online! Also, there is a program called WAR, that is similar!!!
    Think training's hard,. try losing!
  36. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    Thumbs up


    Quote Originally Posted by bonscott View Post
    Everything is not for everybody,.. but for me, I must say goodbye to self and put it all in God's omnipotent hands. I mean, I believe there has to be a guardian angel or some kinda destiny, as I prolly shoulda been dead a long time ago!!!
    I pasted this following from a post in general chat, but it's one of my tools,...I attend a mens group that is basically about how to be a man. You'd think at 37 I'd have that covered, but, well, it is what it is. The main things we concentrate on are integrity and accountability, and how they show up in your life. Not everyone there is addict, was an addict, whatever. That's the one group I hit every week without fail, even if I don't make an AA meeting!!! It's made a big difference in my life. It's loosely based on SWET, which is spiritual warfare effectiveness training.
    amen..brothers!..god is with us all,and we still being around to enjoy life is testament to that reality!
    board supporter
  37. Professional Member
    Chub's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,298
    Rep Power
    49681

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bslick69b View Post
    dont worry chub!..there is help!

    I feel more relaxed when my order comes in and i make a big tower in my living room
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  38. Professional Member
    bslick69b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,831
    Rep Power
    1998

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    I feel more relaxed when my order comes in and i make a big tower in my living room
    LOL..goodone!
    board supporter
  39. Professional Member
    hman85's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,806
    Rep Power
    47040

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    Suncloud and I touched on the subject of displacing addictions into healthier ones yesterday. Well, I want to add that it may be a good idea to not solely rely on them. Because if you replace a opiate addiction (example) with working out and a structured life, what will happen to you if a monkey wrench is thrown into the mix? It will happen; that's life in a nutshell. Nothing is guaranteed, nor is it written in stone. So it's a good idea to actually have a grasp on the addiction before displacing it.

    Bobby (bslick) started this thread with the intentions of reaching out to those that may want/need some guidance, or a friend to talk to... so let's respect that. There's absolutely no need for anyone to come in here with a sarcastic tone, and add negative comments. If this isn't your thing, move on - but don't throw start throwing mud at people (or subjects) unless you're willing to help.

    Just a thought.
    I agree totally with you lungz!
  40. Elite Member
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,669
    Rep Power
    191395

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Great thread
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. The Unemployment Support Thread
    By David Dunn in forum General Chat
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 07:42 PM
  2. Cheat Day Support Group, members check in!
    By Massiah in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2011, 06:37 PM
  3. Drive/RPM Support Group (DRLA) Come in..
    By Vitruvian in forum Supplements
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 01:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in