URSOL-XT

Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last

1. Dosing of the UA and Cyclo is much higher than the piperine and forskolin. If 25% of the total mg's was forskolin you would all hate us for making your stomach fall out lol.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

2. Quote Originally Posted by jwa254 View Post
    I went ahead and purchased two bottles. I've heard good things about FRL as a company so I figured the gamble is worth it. I have 1.5 bottles of ursobolic left that I'll be finishing up before I switch over to try Ursol-XT, though. I started out with 4 bottles of ursobolic and have been running at 9/day mostly (I've ran a few cheat days at 12/day). I know it's purely anecdotal (however, most customer reviews are), but I'm visibly leaner and weight hasn't fluctuated more than a pound. I've also noticed some appetite suppression as well. I figure, if anything, Ursol-XT will be sufficient enough to produce results regardless of whether the cyclodextrin truly helps or not.

If the dose of UA per 4 caps turns out to be too low for my tastes, I'll trying adding 1-2 caps of ursobolic with it.
    Ursolic Acid is really a good compound. We still think the big issues with it are the solubility. And getting it complexed will improve it greatly. Just so you guys dont think I'm full of it....here is the research:

World J Gastroenterol. 2006 Feb 14;12(6):874-9.Anti-hepatoma activity and mechanism of ursolic acid and its derivatives isolated from Aralia decaisneana.

Tian Z, Lin G, Zheng RX, Huang F, Yang MS, Xiao PG.
    Source

Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100094, China. [email protected]

Abstract

AIM:

To investigate the anti-tumor activity of ursolic acid (UA) and its derivatives isolated from Aralia decaisneana on hepatocellular carcinoma both in vitro and in vivo.
    METHODS:

In vivo cytotoxicity was first screened by 3-[4,5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl]-2, 5-diphenyltetrazolium bromide (MTT) assay. Morphological observation, DNA ladder, flow cytometry analysis, Western blot and real time PCR were employed to elucidate the cytotoxic mechanism of UA. Implanted mouse hepatoma H22 was used to evaluate the growth inhibitory effect of UA in vivo.
    RESULTS:

UA could significantly inhibit the proliferation of HepG2 and its drug-resistance strain, R-HepG2 cells, but had no inhibitory effect on primarily cultured normal mouse hepatocytes whereas all the six derivatives of UA could not inhibit the growth of all tested cell lines. Further study on mechanism demonstrated that apoptosis and G0/G1 arrest were involved in the cytotoxicity and cleavage of poly-(ADP-ribose)-polymerase (PARP). Downregulation of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) protein and upregulation of heat shock protein (HSP) 105 mRNA correlated to the apoptosis of HepG2 cells treated with UA. In addition, UA also could inhibit the growth of H22 hepatoma in vivo.
    CONCLUSION:

UA is a promising anti-tumor agent, but further work needs to be done to improve its solubility.

PMID: 16521214 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Free full text

AAPS PharmSciTech. 2009;10(4):1137-44. Epub 2009 Oct 16.The influence of cosolvent on the complexation of HP-beta-cyclodextrins with oleanolic acid and ursolic acid.

Li R, Quan P, Liu DF, Wei FD, Zhang Q, Xu QW.
    Source

Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Nanjing Medical University, 140 Hanzhong Road, 210029, Nanjing, People's Republic of China.

Abstract

The present work was aimed at the influence of ethanol on the complex formation of hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin (HP-beta-CD) with oleanolic acid (OA) and ursolic acid (UA), two insoluble isomeric triterpenic acids. Phase solubility studies were carried out to evaluate the solubilizing power of HP-beta-CD, in association with ethanol, toward OA and UA. A mathematical model was applied to explain and predict the solubility of OA and UA influenced by HP-beta-CD and ethanol. The solid complexes were prepared by evaporating the filtrate of samples which was prepared in different complexing media. The solubility of OA is much higher than that of UA in all the tested aqueous solutions. The solubility of OA and UA can be increased over 900 and 200 times, respectively, by forming complex with HP-beta-CD. Ethanol (0.5%, v/v) can help the formation of OA-HP-beta-CD complex, but is harmful to the formation of UA-HP-beta-CD complex. Increasing solubility in water can be achieved by adding ethanol into the complexing media, but the concentration of ethanol should be optimized. The ring E of the chemical compounds has a great influence on the complexing process.

PMID: 19834815 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] PMCID: PMC2799583

Free PMC Article
    ForeRunner Labs

•   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post

FRL sincerely apologizes for this error. But hopefully this provides some clarification.
    So you're still going to ship it as is and then later come out with the version you intended?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Ursolic Acid is really a good compound. We still think the big issues with it are the solubility. And getting it complexed will improve it greatly. Just so you guys dont think I'm full of it....here is the research:
    Haha no worries, big man. I hope you guys can get it complexed. Like I said, I'm loving UA right now and I'm only a few weeks in, so add forskolin and piperine in it and I think some sweet synergy will occur.

5. Quote Originally Posted by SynergyIre View Post
    So you're still going to ship it as is and then later come out with the version you intended?
    I'm assuming they're shipping as is as the batches have been made already. If they find some one to complex it for them, they'll release that later.
    •   

6. So the product was pitched one way but doesn't actually meet the claims as admitted. Does the product still go out at the same price? I think half off sounds like a good deal to clear stock and rush the new batch into production.

7. Quote Originally Posted by SynergyIre View Post
    That's correct. We are not advertising any improved solubility since it is irrelevant
    ForeRunner Labs

8. Quote Originally Posted by jwa254 View Post
    I'm assuming they're shipping as is as the batches have been made already. If they find some one to complex it for them, they'll release that later.
    I agree. But i don't make that call. I certainly can pitch it to those who do though.
    ForeRunner Labs

9. Would dosing it a little higher be bad because of the extra forskolin in there?

BTW, mad props to you guys for living up to your mistake. Takes a lot to do that. Though I have yet to try a product from you guys Ill be more inclined to try one now that I know how legit you guys are.

Good job guys!
    RecoverBro ELITE

10. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Would dosing it a little higher be bad because of the extra forskolin in there?

BTW, mad props to you guys for living up to your mistake. Takes a lot to do that. Though I have yet to try a product from you guys Ill be more inclined to try one now that I know how legit you guys are.

Good job guys!
    As long as you work up to the dose you will be fine. Forskolin causes some toilet issues for some people.

I promise you our next product will be perfect.
    ForeRunner Labs

11. Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    As long as you work up to the dose you will be fine. Forskolin causes some toilet issues for some people.

I promise you our next product will be perfect.
    I'll be waiting
    RecoverBro ELITE

12. Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    That's correct. We are not advertising any improved solubility since it is irrelevant
    Hmm hope you guys didn't have to pay for a botched job . Think I'll be waiting for logs to come out now. Little sad you guys have decided to accept second best on this, hoping it still works great though.

13. Quote Originally Posted by SynergyIre View Post
    Hmm hope you guys didn't have to pay for a botched job . Think I'll be waiting for logs to come out now. Little sad you guys have decided to accept second best on this, hoping it still works great though.
    I'll probably run a log. If so, I'll post a link in here.

14. If there is no significantly improved solubility, can we have an idea of how much ursolic acid is in each serving. I would like to know so I can continue the dosing protocol with this instead of ursobolic. If the solubility was better I'd be willing to experiment with dosing, but for now I would keep it steady.

15. Quote Originally Posted by johnfaceman
    If there is no significantly improved solubility, can we have an idea of how much ursolic acid is in each serving. I would like to know so I can continue the dosing protocol with this instead of ursobolic. If the solubility was better I'd be willing to experiment with dosing, but for now I would keep it steady.
    Agreed

I want to try this for the forskolin addition.. But need to know how much ua I'm Getting per cap to match my current 9 pills daily of ursobolic. Thanks

16. pm please

17. HMMM just herd from Royd that there is a pre order sale going on right now for Ursol-XT
    Advanced Muscle Science/ForeRunner Labs (East Coast Sales Manager)
    "The Strongest On The Market"

18. Quote Originally Posted by TheBGRigatoni
    HMMM just herd from Royd that there is a pre order sale going on right now for Ursol-XT
    Donde??

19. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Donde??
    Some BIG retailer has it going while supplies last

20. Quote Originally Posted by TheBGRigatoni View Post
    Some BIG retailer has it going while supplies last
    I've got 2 preordered there

21. Quote Originally Posted by jwa254 View Post
    I've got 2 preordered there
    Me as well lol.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

22. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Me as well lol.
    NICE!!!!!!!!! Did you both order from O or BIG

23. Lol got it.. Any number yet on amt of ua per cap/serving?? Would like to at least make the minimum I'm at with 450mg daily right now

24. Quote Originally Posted by TheBGRigatoni View Post
    150 per cap x 4 caps per daily serving = 600 mg per day
    = to 12 caps of Urso...for those keeping track Outstanding FRL

25. Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    = to 12 caps of Urso...for those keeping track Outstanding FRL
    Thanks Broseph we aims to please

26. Quote Originally Posted by TheBGRigatoni View Post
    NICE!!!!!!!!! Did you both order from O or BIG
    O

Quote Originally Posted by TheBGRigatoni View Post
    very nice!

27. Quote Originally Posted by TheBGRigatoni View Post
    Is this 600mg of 25% Ursolic Acid? I ask considering it says 1280mg serving for 4 caps, meaning 320mg per cap and the ingredient list says Ursolic Acid 25%.

28. Quote Originally Posted by jwa254 View Post
    O

very nice!
    its a nice way to kick off the weekend with pre order sales

29. Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Hey guys sorry for the delays in replies. We had all sorts of issues come up and we needed to fix them.

Originally the plan was to complex the UA in cyclodextrin. We wanted to do this because it increases the solubility of UA 200 times. But we got bad news.

We used a new manufacturer, who basically priced it as complexed. We thought we were good to go. By the time they completed and we had labels printed and we tested the final product we found all they did was blend our UA with cyclodextrins. They didn't actually complex it which is what really matters. At this point we went back to them but they want to charge a ridiculous amount for complexing the product. Egh

So where does that leave us. The cyclo in the product doesn't actually improve solubility. So this is just plain ole UA.

However the additions of piperine and forskolin still work well with UA. We are also continuing to pursue a manufacturer who can appropriately complex the cyclos.

FRL sincerely apologizes for this error. But hopefully this provides some clarification.

so when can we expect the better version?

30. Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    So the product was pitched one way but doesn't actually meet the claims as admitted. Does the product still go out at the same price? I think half off sounds like a good deal to clear stock and rush the new batch into production.
    Sounds more than reasonable, considering.
  •