Ursolic Acid/ Ursa gel

Bob1983

Awards
So I've dipped my toes into the natty anabolics world and have been running SNS recomp20 and Anabolic XT and all positive so far.

I've been looking at UA. Any general feedback? I've seen the studies on it affecting sperm motility and fertility and also some comments on affecting dna? I imagine the infertility would just be whilst on UA and okay again once off but wondering about the affecting DNA piece? Thanks.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I can't see it affecting dna. Do you have any links to the studies? I have run it for 8 months straight with no issues that I know of other than getting lean and more vascular. Seemed to sweat more as well. I imagine my sperm motility was affected but I'm 52 and that isn't important to me. I did run it up to 4ml/day. Most run it at 2ml/day. I've been off for a few months and plan on running more fairly soon as I have a big stockpile of it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So I've dipped my toes into the natty anabolics world and have been running SNS recomp20 and Anabolic XT and all positive so far.

I've been looking at UA. Any general feedback? I've seen the studies on it affecting sperm motility and fertility and also some comments on affecting dna? I imagine the infertility would just be whilst on UA and okay again once off but wondering about the affecting DNA piece? Thanks.
I'm very glad to hear that you are liking Recomp20 and Anabolic XT. I'm using those + a few more things now myself.

There is a lot of positive feedback here on XPG's Ursa-Gel. Here is one good one:

I think that you may be misunderstanding the study about the effects of Ursolic Acid and DNA if you're taking that to be a bad thing, which is understandable because some of that is kind of complicated to read and understand. But most of what you read about Ursolic Acid affecting DNA is part of the super technical explanation of how Ursolic Acid has been researched and shown to have some anti-cancer benefits to it. So in the context, it affecting DNA was a very positive thing.

Bob1983

Awards
I can't see it affecting dna. Do you have any links to the studies? I have run it for 8 months straight with no issues that I know of other than getting lean and more vascular. Seemed to sweat more as well. I imagine my sperm motility was affected but I'm 52 and that isn't important to me. I did run it up to 4ml/day. Most run it at 2ml/day. I've been off for a few months and plan on running more fairly soon as I have a big stockpile of it.
Thanks for that feedback.

Point 11.2 but SNS8778 has provided an explanation in his previous post

Last edited:

Bob1983

Awards
I'm very glad to hear that you are liking Recomp20 and Anabolic XT. I'm using those + a few more things now myself.

There is a lot of positive feedback here on XPG's Ursa-Gel. Here is one good one:

I think that you may be misunderstanding the study about the effects of Ursolic Acid and DNA if you're taking that to be a bad thing, which is understandable because some of that is kind of complicated to read and understand. But most of what you read about Ursolic Acid affecting DNA is part of the super technical explanation of how Ursolic Acid has been researched and shown to have some anti-cancer benefits to it. So in the context, it affecting DNA was a very positive thing.
Thanks for explaining. Also I take it with the sperm motility once UA is ceased that all goes back to normal?

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

^^^ I'm ~6 months into my current Ursa-Gel run, love the stuff. Increased body temp/more sweating/more vascularity are things I notice pretty quickly on UA, muscular endurance benefits really shine after continued usage. One of my favorite ingredients to use.

And as far as the sperm motility stuff... best I can tell from previous discussions on here, it's only an issue while you're ON UA, as soon as you stop everything 'goes back to normal'.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for explaining. Also I take it with the sperm motility once UA is ceased that all goes back to normal?
I would encourage you if you haven't, to look outside of examine.com on this one.

They talk about the one study in which it may inhibit sperm motility in rats - BUT there are also studies that show that it may actually increase sperm motility as well. So, in all the studies on Ursolic Acid, them stating one that shows it may inhibit it when there are many more that shows it may help it is accidentally disingenuous at best, and at worse just straight cherry picking and misleading.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
^^^ I'm ~6 months into my current Ursa-Gel run, love the stuff. Increased body temp/more sweating/more vascularity are things I notice pretty quickly on UA, muscular endurance benefits really shine after continued usage. One of my favorite ingredients to use.

And as far as the sperm motility stuff... best I can tell from previous discussions on here, it's only an issue while you're ON UA, as soon as you stop everything 'goes back to normal'.
I'm really glad that you're enjoying Ursa-Gel.

I think the sperm motility is a bit overexaggerated to begin with - there are conflicting studies on that. I think the truth is in the real world that a person could likely bathe in Ursa-Gel and it would never cause them any issues in that department. But worst case, if it did, like you said, I think it would go back to normal as soon as they stopped taking it.

Bob1983

Awards

Thanks for that. All the feedback I've seen has been good and all fairly consistent to what you say. Looks like I'll be adding it in. How many ml are you running a day?

Bob1983

Awards
I'm really glad that you're enjoying Ursa-Gel.

I think the sperm motility is a bit overexaggerated to begin with - there are conflicting studies on that. I think the truth is in the real world that a person could likely bathe in Ursa-Gel and it would never cause them any issues in that department. But worst case, if it did, like you said, I think it would go back to normal as soon as they stopped taking it.
Thought as much. I'm not one to take too much from studies. I know how data fluidity, changing parameters, inconsistent data subjects etc can produce incorrect results or misconstrued evaluations. Still I like to make sure I have it covered off for my own peace of mind as much as possible.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for that. All the feedback I've seen has been good and all fairly consistent to what you say. Looks like I'll be adding it in. How many ml are you running a day?
3mL's/day on workout days Mon-Fri, 2mL's/day on weekend off days.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thought as much. I'm not one to take too much from studies. I know how data fluidity, changing parameters, inconsistent data subjects etc can produce incorrect results or misconstrued evaluations. Still I like to make sure I have it covered off for my own peace of mind as much as possible.
No worries. I didn't mind you asking at all. I understand how things like that can be confusing. I'm glad that you're familiar with some of the ways that they can be. Studies are important, but in today's world there are so many on some things and many show what they want them to show rather than unbiased views.

Bob1983

Awards
I'll preach the gospel of Ursolic Acid to anyone who will listen :LOL: I really do more or less consider it a staple at this point.
Well its been ordered. Plan is to start using it once my recomp20 is finished which should be in about 3 weeks and keep it in with Anabolic XT. However knowing me I may start as soon as it arrives 😁

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well its been ordered. Plan is to start using it once my recomp20 is finished which should be in about 3 weeks and keep it in with Anabolic XT. However knowing me I may start as soon as it arrives 😁
I think you'll enjoy it whether you add it to Recomp20 or wait until you finish Recomp20 - but I will say that it makes for a great stack with Recomp20 and Anabolic XT.