Halodrol Notes

*Bulldog*

Awards
I'm currently running a H-50 cycle and thought I'd post some notes regarding the way I'm feeling and the results I'm getting from it. I'm stacking the H-50 with Orastan-E and Novedex-XT as Gaspari recommends for their "Maximus Stack". I didn't really want to call this a "log" because most likely my schedule won't permit me to update daily......instead I'm going to post when I have time and try to convey what these substances are doing for me.

First a little about me. I'm a 33 year old male. 5'11" and ~235lbs. I've been lifting off and on since my early teens. I've always enjoyed lifting weights and training. Used to be a wrestler in high school. My diet isn't the cleanest, but I do try to stay away from real garbage. Body type is between a Meso and a Endo (got a bit of a gut I need to cut away at some point). Not sure of my BF% and honestly am not terribly concerned with it because I'm not a competitive BB or anything. I just like lifting and growing.

My workout split looks like this:

Monday - Chest, tri's
Tuesday - Legs
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Shoulders
Friday - Back, Bi's
Saturday - Off
Sunday - Off

Other supps I'm taking include pretty much all the maint supps....Multi Vit., Hawthorne Berry, COQ10, Celery Seed, Liver Protection, Vit. C., Saw Palmetto....etc, etc, etc.

I'm taking the Orastan-E 3x per day ED as recommended (morning, late afternoon, and night) and I take the H-50 around 11am every day.

I work out late in the evenings ~9pm or so. That kind of sucks because it can be hard to get motivated sometimes and it's the end of the day and sometimes I feel pretty worn out.

Anyway, today will be my fifth day on the stack and this is what I have noticed so far. Zero sides so far which is a very big plus. The first day or two I was on this stack I didn't feel much, but now things are starting to change. My muscles are definitely feeling harder. I am eating like a horse. In the gym I definitely feel better......feel like you mean business in there. Once I get in there and start tossing the weights around, I don't want to leave. Definitely feeling good pumps and endurance. Feels like I need less rest between sets than I did. Have noticed a very slight increase in strength so far (extra 2 reps or so....that kind of thing). I'm thinking the the next three weeks are going to be very interesting :woohoo:

Only thing that is going poorly is my sleep. That sucks because I know resting is a big part of growing, but there's not much I can do about it. I have to work out late in the evening and I have to get up really early in the morning. Add to that the fact that I've had problems with insomnia for years and you get the picture.

Thats about it for now. Be back with more updates soon.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's interesting hearing your observations. I also noticed that I needed less rest between sets. The workouts are very crisp.

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
good to hear, how about your appetites on this??

*Bulldog*

Awards
Didn't work out last night. Just too damn tired and I knew my workout would suck, so I decided to get some much needed sleep. I feel 100x better now and am getting ready to head up to the gym right now. Back and biceps today.

My appetite is pretty damn strong....I feel like eating all the time. Not 100% sure if thats the H-50 though. I usually eat a LOT when I'm lifting heavy anyway.

One other thing I failed to mention is my libido appears to be up more than usual. And I do believe that's related to the H-50.

I'll let you guys know how the gym goes......see ya in a bit.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My appetite was really high in the first week, now it seems more normal.

Yes my sex drive was out of control for a few days, it's the H-50

*Bulldog*

Awards
Great workout tonight. I'm really glad I waited until today to go to the gym when I felt more rested.

So anyway, here's how it went tonight. I worked on my Bi's first. Definitely felt like muscle endurance is up. My Bi's are definitely a body part that I need to work harder on. They're not really small or anything....my arms are about 16.5". But they do seem to fatigue rather quickly most of the time. Not tonight though. When I was done it felt like I had cannon balls under my skin. Awesome pumps.

Back workout was good too. I did start to get a little tired by the end of the third excercise I was doing, but that really doesn't surprise me too much. I was working my ass off in the gym tonight.

I noticed tonight that even a couple hours after finishing my workout, my muscles still felt pumped.

I'm beat.....feels like I can't raise my arms up over my head. You know the feeling.....it's good. You know you worked your ass off :)

Now I'm gonna make a big dinner cuz I'm starving and then gonna chill on the couch. It's snowing here....good night to relax in front of the fire.

*Bulldog*

Awards
Oh yeah....forgot to mention. The Halodrol I'm using is from the first batch. In case anyone was wondering.

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
good to know but i dont think itll make that much of a difference.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes I have been working so hard at the gym that recovery is becoming a bit of an issue I am really baked sometimes. When I get back in the gym though, I’m all business. I am doing all compound movements I’m asking for it lol. At first I was wondering if a routine like this might not be a good idea especially on a calorie deficit (probably why I’m so baked), but the workouts have been good along with the results. It’s nice to have that vigor in the gym while cutting, but it is tough recovering, the results keep me going though.

*Bulldog*

Awards
I'm really digging the results too.

Today is my 8th day on it. And it appears to me that my BF% is dropping. I'm guessing this is a combination of the H-50 and the Orastan. I'm noticing a more cut look......nothing drastic......it's only been 8 days so far. But there are definitely changes that have occured. Muscles still feel nice and hard all the time. Wife is into it :)

Tonight is my chest and tri night. Looking forward to getting in there and getting a really good pump in my chest this evening.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, you notice a change in the 1st week and say yah this stuff is pretty good, then the second week is even better, and according to swole the 3rd week yields even more surprises.

*Bulldog*

Awards
I hear what you're saying DreamWeaver and it makes sense. This stuff is basically Oral Turinabol.....which gives more of a gradual increase in size and strength over a period of time, as opposed to explosive gains right out of the gate. That appears to be EXACTLY what is happening.

Tonight's workout was chest and tri's......another awesome workout. I've stopped doing barbell benches for a while and gone back to dumbells. Strength is definitely up. I was tired tonight......I have horrible insomnia......and even being tired I was still able to toss around heavy DB's like it was nothing. Worked through all my chest exercises and felt great.

I'm noticing that I'm getting wicked pumps from this stuff. Better than any NO product that I've used before.

My tri's were a little fatigued from all the bench work that I did first this evening, but still got a really good workout in for them. I swear it felt like I had bricks under my skin, on the backs of my arms when I was done.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how much progress I can make this week. And later in the week I can work out in the afternoon instead of late at night like I'm forced to do most of the time....I'm really looking forward to that.

Libido is still good but it seems to have leveled off and basically just returned to the high side of normal.....not off the charts like it was the first week.

Overall I am VERY satisfied with the way this has gone so far. And today is only 8 days in.....can't wait to see what it's gonna be like 18 days in!! :)

*Bulldog*

Awards
I want to run Gaspari's "Maximus Stack" exactly as directed which calls for using Novedex XT at the end to come off cycle. I e-mailed them and asked if this was all that was needed and got a respose that said...

"If used as directed Novedex XT is all that is required to come off cycle. Nothing else is necessary"

I take this info with a grain of salt. We'll see what happens. I DO have NOLVA......not just the Nolvedex.......if need be. Also have a cortisol blocker (Lean Xtreme) that I plan on taking as well. So basically it'll be the Novedex XT, possibly Nolvadex......that gets confusing doesn't it? And the Corti blocker.

I read through Swole210's log and it looks like he came off his H-50 cycle just fine without the use of Nolva. That would be preferable to me since Nolva is another hepatoxic substance. No point in taking it unless absolutely necessary.

*Bulldog*

Awards
Still haven't encountered any negative side effects. I'm really liking that part of it. So far all I've seen is slow, solid, steady gains. I like the way this cycle is running a lot. Muscles still feel hard from last night's workout. :D

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
The only point of nolva in PCT is to block estrogen. When you have been taking a non-aromatizing substance, its need is greatly reduced.

*Bulldog*

Awards
Grunt.....that is pretty much my line of thinking as well. Thanks for the input brother :thumbsup:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Again your results and analysis is very consistant with what I have been experiencing. I'm on day 18 and my libido is still normal to maybe slightly elevated. That first week was crazy.

*Bulldog*

Awards
Hey Dreamweaver....you said you were using the newer batch right?? Thats cool.....so it appears the results are pretty much the same between batches. I know that a lot of folks have been speculating about that. This is a good side by side to put everyone's doubts at rest.

colkurtz_spf

colkurtz_spf

The horror
Awards
  • Established
Hey Dreamweaver....you said you were using the newer batch right?? Thats cool.....so it appears the results are pretty much the same between batches. I know that a lot of folks have been speculating about that. This is a good side by side to put everyone's doubts at rest.
How long do you plan to run this cycle?

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
If you are still having problems with your sleeping, you should try melatonin.

*Bulldog*

Awards
If you are still having problems with your sleeping, you should try melatonin.
Hey D_Town.....thanks for the recommendation bro. Actually I've had problems with insomnia for years. I've pretty much tried all the OTC options.....including Melatonin. I also used to see an acupuncturist and she had me try some herbal remedies also. Tried lifestyle changes as well. Nothing seems to help. I'm not the only one in my family that suffers from this either.....so there is some family history of it as well.

I think I am going to go to the doctor and see if he will let me try Lunesta. It's a new prescription sleep aid. It's non-narcotic, non-habit forming and is the only prescription sleep aid currently approved for long term use. It works by increasing the levels of sleep inducing chemicals in your brain. Anyway....I'll see what the doc recommends.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good point. Yah everybody they the same. lol

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
Hey D_Town.....thanks for the recommendation bro. Actually I've had problems with insomnia for years. I've pretty much tried all the OTC options.....including Melatonin. I also used to see an acupuncturist and she had me try some herbal remedies also. Tried lifestyle changes as well. Nothing seems to help. I'm not the only one in my family that suffers from this either.....so there is some family history of it as well.

I think I am going to go to the doctor and see if he will let me try Lunesta. It's a new prescription sleep aid. It's non-narcotic, non-habit forming and is the only prescription sleep aid currently approved for long term use. It works by increasing the levels of sleep inducing chemicals in your brain. Anyway....I'll see what the doc recommends.
No problem, hopefully Lunesta works for you. Sometimes I have some sleep problems while ON and occasionally while adjusting to new patterns, and especially for the past 8 months dur to my baby boy and his sleep patterns (I do almost all of his night feedings, etc...), regardless I love and cherish sleep and I feel for those who don't get enough.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

hey bulldog, i have some bad sleep problems too from changing shifts and what not. i went to the doctor and he prescrbed me ambien. i've been using it for about 6 months now, it knocks me right out at night. its some good stuff you might want to look into that, lunesta is a new product so i dont know how good it works but ambien has worked for everyone i know that has taken it.

NJLovehandles

Awards
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=655255&highlight=halodrol
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=702804&highlight=halodrol

Check out these threads. This really pisses me off, what a crazy industry, This is very similar to the re-release of ergomax. I beleive BK is testing a batch so we should know what is up, of couse now there is the mysterious 3rd batch (eeeewwwwwwwww aaaahhhhhhhh) Realy sucks that this industry is the way it is. Anyways, for the records i am using the new batch, and mine have the blister pack that you can seperate each tablet, so according to the first thread I posted I have the 3rd mystery batch! Whats your take on this guys!

BiggerNstronger

Awards
I ran a cycle of the H-50 when it first came out and loved it...great strength gains and almost no negative sides. Good luck on your cycle.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have not experienced any sides and I believe that the old and new are the same as, I am experiencing the exact same things as people taking the old.

hockeyguy77

Awards
subscribed.... and good luck with the rest of the cycle!

*Bulldog*

Awards
Putting off tonight's leg workout until tomorrow night. Gotta get some sleep tonight guys.

Thanks for the suggestion on the Ambien Joey. I did think about that. The only reason I was leaning toward the Lunesta is that it's been approved by the FDA for long term use. Not sure if Ambien is or not, but it sounds like you've been using it for a while with good results, so maybe I'll ask the doc about that as well.

I'll be back with the report from my leg workout tomorrow. Tonight I'm gonna try like hell to get a good 8 hours of shuteye in.

*Bulldog*

Awards
Day 10 on the Maximus Stack.

I actually managed to get in a few (much needed) hours of sleep. Not all at once.....more here and there.....but it still helped. Good thing too, because tonight was my leg night.

I hate leg days.....no one wants to have skinny ass little chicken legs and a huge upper body, me included. But.....having bad knees from wrestling in high school, coupled with a serious ankle fracture a couple years ago (3 major surgeries so far....at least one more to come) and you can start to see how it's a little hard for me to get motivated to do heavy mass building excercises for my lower body.

Alright....enough complaining. Actually as much as I dread it, I had a good strong workout tonight. My strength was definitely UP on all my excercises. I was really pretty surprised. I just kept putting plates on until I felt like it was heavy enough. By the time I was done with everything I could barely walk out of the gym. And my legs were BLASTED. Even still feeling a little tired and having to work out a body part that I don't like to train......I still had a really good night.

SO.....based on 10 days worth of running this stack I have to say that I'm very impressed with the results I'm getting. Gains continue to improve....muscle hardness is very solid......and endurance is up.

Looking forward to tomorrow's workout.....shoulder day. I love to train my shoulders. Can't wait to see how that goes.

shiby1510

Awards
what type of doses are you taking with your supps?? just the recommended or?

And did you start them before you began the cycle? and if so in what fasion?

Thanks Man!

Keep up the great work and log.

*Bulldog*

Awards
Basically I'm just using the recommended dosages on the bottles. And I preloaded for 5 days prior to starting this stack.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The strength gains are good, but I am a little more impressed with the body compostion changes and muscle hardness. I can really see some big changes.

*Bulldog*

Awards
The strength gains are good, but I am a little more impressed with the body compostion changes and muscle hardness. I can really see some big changes.
Agreed.....definitely noticing much nicer muscle definition and hardness.

NJLovehandles

Awards
I agree with you guys. I have been doing 30 minutes of cardio 6 days week prior to stating the cycle so I was dropping some pounds. Started taking halo 5 days ago and it seems that the weight is coming off pretty good, but the muscles do not appear flat at all. Tomorow is leg day, and saturday is chest so I will be able to tell if there has been any strength gain .

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't be surprised if you actually gain weight while getting leaner.

*Bulldog*

Awards
Hey NJ....sounds like you're getting good results too. Keep us informed as to how it's working out for you. What day are you on in your cycle??

Tonight was shoulder night in the gym. I felt good and feel like my workout was good and strong. I switched my shoulder excercises to completely new ones tonight with the exception of one or two. Whenever I switch to new excercises it always takes me a little while to fall into the groove as I'm not sure what weight to use until I get a feel for the movement. The next time I do this workout should be much better as I should have my poundages down by then.

Tomorrow is supposed to be back and bicep day.....will see how I feel and decide if I wanna go back in tomorrow or put it off til Saturday.

Don't have to work tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get some decent rest tonight and will be able to sleep in a little in the morning.

Bigfishy

Awards
Ambien is not approved for long term use, lunesta is. I've taken both and found myself equally dependent on each. I suggest meditation. Diggin the Halo logs, does anyone know if BK has the test results back yet?

*Bulldog*

Awards
Sorry I haven't updated in a day or two.

I actually got my ass into the gym on Friday and worked out.....managed to get myself two rest days in a row by not putting my back/bi workout off til Sat. :)

Anyway, my workout on Friday was great. My strength was up on my excercises and my arms were like rocks when I was done. Back felt thick.

I'm feeling pretty damn good today. It's been nice not having to go into the gym over the weekend. I was able to get some MUCH needed rest. I feel like a new man. And tomorrow I go see the doc about the sleep meds, so hopefully my weeks/years of insomnia will be coming to an end.

I've noticed that I've been feeling a little bloated during the day, but I'm attributing this to my water intake. I drink about 2 gals. of water per day on average. I do notice that when I wake up in the morning.....after not drinking for a few hours and having to get up to piss a few times during the night.....I feel a lot more cut, drier and my appearance is just generally more defined.

My weight isn't really going up much, but my bodyfat is definitely going down. So I'm thinking that I'm making nice dry, lean gains as I lose BF. Thats a GOOD thing :D

Libido has seemed to take a bit of an upswing again......not really a bad side effect.....I'm not complaining anyway.

Spartan.....as far as my diet goes.....I don't keep real strict track of it. I work 9.5 hrs a day and it's real hard to eat perfectly. I don't really consider myself a "bodybuilder" meaning that I just really like to left heavy weights and get bigger, so I only try to be so strict. I supplement with a couple protein shakes a day, eat LOTS of protein.....chicken, beef, etc. I do take in a fair amount of carbs as well and try to get some good fats in too. I probably eat about 4-5 times a day and throw the shakes in between. Cals I would say are probably in the 4000 range?? Give or take?? I could probably get even better results if I ate REALLY well and strict, but for a older guy that just wants to stay strong I'm pretty happy with the way the diet is for now. I don't really care about seeing my abs.....just don't want a fat ass gut hanging over my belt, lol ;)

Honestly I'm feeling better about my body now than I have in the last few years. It's not because of the H-50.....although that helps......it's more of just the fact that I'm motivated again and I'm getting my ass back in the gym like it's my job. I've seen great results over the past 4 months or so and that was before I even started a PH cycle.

You guys take it easy.....I'll be back later.

wildman536

wildman536

Awards
  • Established
i hear ya on the diet. Just eat ALOT when you eat, and lift heavy and youll be good!!

*Bulldog*

Awards
Just got back from the gym....thought I'd get in early and avoid the crowd today. So much for that.....got there as some of the lunch crowd was just starting to arrive, plus it's Presidents Day and some folks (like me :D ) are off.

Anyway, chest workout was okay. It wasn't really bad per se, but you know how you feel sometimes when it's just an okay workout and not stellar right?? Yeah it was pretty much like that. Tri workout was better.....they were already pre-fatigued from the chest pressing excercises, so when I got to the isolation excercises, they got blasted!! My arms felt HUGE after I was finished.

I weighed myself at the gym this morning and while I was probably a little heavier that if I had just weighed myself first thing when I woke up......I can tell my weight is still up. I weighed in right around 238lbs. I have definitely dropped bodyfat, so I have absolutely gained some nice lean muscular poundage.

All my muscles feel like rocks when I flex them and even unflexed they are still very dense. My wife commented on that. I'm sure that the H-50 is somewhat responsible, but I think the Orastan is contributing to this effect a lot as well.

Going to see the doc today (thank God) to see about getting some medication to help me sleep. It's been a REALLY rough two weeks and I am hoping that this week I'll be able to get a better quality of rest. I did catch up a little on the weekend.....but it never feels like enough. My workout for the day is already behind me, so I should be able to get in bed early this evening. Good thing too, cuz 5:30am and time to get up for work will be here all too soon. :yawn: :( :yawn:

BHERTZ

Awards
I appreciate the comments on Halo, as I am curious about running a cycle of this myself. Does anyone have any good ideas as to what it can be stacked with? I was thinking of maybe 1 of the phera products. I've been getting mixed reviews about 2 methyls, but whatever...

Anyway as far as your PCT i just finished a Methyldrol/4AD cycle and my PCT was Nolva ramped down, and ATD ramped up, and Lean Extreme throughout, with some trib thrown in there, and I am proud to say that I kept 9 lbs and only lost 3 of them, I went from a consistent 188 to 197. Take that for what its worth and possibly incorporate it into your cycle if you are still open to PCT suggestions - good luck!!

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
hey bulldog you notice any mental alertness changes, like disorientation, or lack of attention. I notice it sometimes when im sitting still or driving i kinda zone out per se.
whaT time do you dose, i dose with my first meal and it s working better than later in the day.

*Bulldog*

Awards
Hey guys.....got my Lunesta from the Doc today.....gonna take one tonight and see how it works out for me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that tonight is gonna be a nice peaceful, sleep filled night.

BHERTZ......I'm stacking my Halo with Orastan-E (same thing as Prostanozol). I'm liking the effects. Muscle gains are dry as hell and nice and lean. I like Orastan/Pros. because like you mentioned, it's a non-methylated compound.....I like to minimize the amount of toxicity that I subject my liver to. I know there are differing points of view on this. But my personal opinion is to err on the side of caution. And hell since I don't compete or anything......I don't need massive gains......I'm happy with the results I'm currently getting :)

And thanks for the PCT tips too bro. I'll keep them in mind.

SomeWhatGifted......I feel zoned and spaced all the time bro.....I'm a helpless insomniac, LOL :blink: Seriously though......I do know what you mean, and I do feel like that sometimes, but I think for me, it's more my lack of sleep that causes it. I did notice that when I first started it, I felt a little "buzzed" or something after the first couple times I took it. It was weird. A few other folks reported this too. I don't feel that way anymore though. The feeling seemed to go away after being on it the first week. Today is my 15th day on this cycle and I feel pretty damn good....all in all.

I take my dose around 11am every day. I was going to take it first thing in the morning, but I don't workout until 9pm at night usually. I know that it's supposed to be active in your system for 24 hrs, but I still wanted to take it a little later in the day anyway. Just my own superstitions......thats all :)

Incidentally......I started Novedex XT today at 2 caps per day in the evening. I'm following Gaspari's Maximus Stack to the letter.....and today is the beginning of my 3rd week on this stack and that's when they call for the N-XT to begin. Will let you guys know if I experience anything noticable from this.