Tomahawk Training with M-Sten RX(Sponsored)

Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

  1. make sure i get a link to that video....
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID


  2. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    make sure i get a link to that video....
    I tried but it was a no go. Had spotters on each side and I could tell when they started helping. I did my normal workout then maxed when it came to pause press. Probably wasnt the best idea. Will outline my workout.

    Incline BB press fat gripz ELECT 185/225/255/285/315
    Decline BB press fat gripz ELECT 205/245/285/315/335
    DB pullover 2 sets of 10 reps 85/85
    Bench press max 405

    Lat pulldowns 3 sets of 10 reps
    DB curls 2 sets of 10 reps 50/50
    Standing DB curls 3 sets of 10 reps 45/45/45

    I think I should have had a rest day before trying to max. Just felt a bit sore upper body wise. Plus should have just maxed then lifted. Will use a different protocol to lead up to my max next time. Some decent music probably wouldnt have hurt either.
    •   
       


  3. i rarely go for max lifts with my joints being effected so much by the max weight, but if i do it has to be at the start with bare minimum warmup. even a set or 2 at moderate weight has an effect on my ability to push the max.
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  4. When I max for a PR, there's always a minimum of one complete off day before, if not several. LOTS of carbs, load some taurine, and get good sleep the night before. Minimal warmup (do what it takes tho), lots of chalk, and seriously loud heavy music in my earbuds. You want to push the envelope, but you need to believe you can and will move the weight.

    Sounds like you had everything and the kitchen sink working against you brother. Bet you'd get it if you did like you said.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    i rarely go for max lifts with my joints being effected so much by the max weight, but if i do it has to be at the start with bare minimum warmup. even a set or 2 at moderate weight has an effect on my ability to push the max.
    Ya I am usually the same especially when it comes to bench, but damn my ego goes nuts on cycle haha.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    When I max for a PR, there's always a minimum of one complete off day before, if not several. LOTS of carbs, load some taurine, and get good sleep the night before. Minimal warmup (do what it takes tho), lots of chalk, and seriously loud heavy music in my earbuds. You want to push the envelope, but you need to believe you can and will move the weight.

    Sounds like you had everything and the kitchen sink working against you brother. Bet you'd get it if you did like you said.
    Ya it was a less than ideal situation. Figured if I could do it in my workout then I could do it no problem. That fact I was as close as I was in that situation kind of gives me confidence. I can correct a few things before I lift again but the sleep issue might be a little while. Just doesnt seem to be getting better.

    Had a rest day back load tonight. A little dirty but not too bad. A few pieces of fudge, cereal, mashed potatoes with chicken and corn, and a turnover with ice cream. Might have another carb back load tomorrow but keep it a little cleaner. Taking it easy again tomorrow. Probably going to go play some COD Black Ops 2 and watch football.

    My plan for maxing on bench again will be from a bench program Kiefer(DH) came up with. A while back while natty I was doing probably 365 on this program then got hurt. Definitely plan on trying this program again while natty. Might pair it with 531 and Shockwave. Something like this

    Chest DH bench program
    Legs 531 squat plus Triumvirate
    Shoulders Shockwave plus doing triceps and biceps
    Back 531 deadlift plus some Shockwave

    Something along those lines.

    As far as the cycle goes. Still feeling a bit tired but no worse than before. Feeling like I am much leaner and bigger.
    •   
       


  6. Sorry for lack of updates the last few days. I haven't lifted the last 4 days which is very rare. Head has been pounding like a bp headache all the time. Hopefully I can go lift tomorrow. Considering trying to max on bench since it has been some time. Plus I have still been eating carbs. Wasn't expecting to take so much time off. Could max on bench and then do legs. I got a massage on Monday and have another one scheduled for Thursday.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Sorry for lack of updates the last few days. I haven't lifted the last 4 days which is very rare. Head has been pounding like a bp headache all the time. Hopefully I can go lift tomorrow. Considering trying to max on bench since it has been some time. Plus I have still been eating carbs. Wasn't expecting to take so much time off. Could max on bench and then do legs. I got a massage on Monday and have another one scheduled for Thursday.
    a chiropractic adjustment usually helps when i get those kind of headaches, but i think mine are from arthritis in my neck-if i sleep wrong there is hell to pay!!!!
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  8. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt

    a chiropractic adjustment usually helps when i get those kind of headaches, but i think mine are from arthritis in my neck-if i sleep wrong there is hell to pay!!!!
    I have been going to the chiropractor pretty regularly now. When I talk about getting a massage I also get an adjustment.

    In order to get neck pain from sleeping wrong I would have to sleep :/

  9. Decided to max out on bench and do a chest/biceps day.

    Explosive pause press sets of 4 reps
    45, 60, 80
    Regular reps
    120 for 4, 205 for 3, 285 for 2, 345 for 1
    Negative rep
    405 for 1, this kind of turned into a regular rep. My spotter backed off helping since I started pressing it up. He said he wasn't really helping. I proceeded to claim "bullsh1t" quite loudly in a full gym haha.
    Max
    405 for 1 rep, paused at the bottom and only slightly struggled at the lock out. One side came up easier but my spotter backed off. Tried to get a video but when it came time to record my phone acted up.

    Then I went on to lift my usual workout.

    Incline bb press fat gripz elect 185/225/255/285/315 the difference was I did these quicker. Definitely less time between sets.
    Decline bb press fat gripz elect 205/245/285/315/345 again did this at a faster pace
    Db pullover 2 sets of 10 both with 85

    Lat pull downs fat gripz 3 sets of 10 reps
    Bb curls 110 for 6, 100 for 9, 90 for 12
    Hammer curls 60s for 9,8 reps

    Not a bad workout. Might start doing more psr sets for chest instead of resting so much between elect sets. Maybe just enough rest to keep going and change weights.

    Felt damn good to finally bench 405. It has been a goal. Wish I could have recorded it and shared it with everyone. I promise it was legit.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Felt damn good to finally bench 405. It has been a goal. Wish I could have recorded it and shared it with everyone. I promise it was legit.
    no doubts on that here.
    so bp headaches huh..msten afflicted?
    i couldn't have imagined continuing on to another bottle man, wow
    but it looks like you made a wise choice sticking w/ 20mg
    you get my PM btw?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    no doubts on that here.
    so bp headaches huh..msten afflicted?
    i couldn't have imagined continuing on to another bottle man, wow
    but it looks like you made a wise choice sticking w/ 20mg
    you get my PM btw?
    Ya I pride myself about video proof.
    It sure seems to be BP headaches. Was nice to get back in the gym after a few days, but could definitely tell my BP was high. Eyes seem to bulge a bit even warming up with 345.
    Ya there is no way I could up it to 30mg. I think I can still squeeze out some more gains. If I seem to stall too much I will just end the cycle. Can always save some pills to stack with something else. Pretty sure 10mg is enough to cause some good change on its own.
    I was actually getting ready to reply to you.

  12. Not sure if I brought this up before but my friend Michael brought up the idea of talking to his wife Candace about trying to set me and her cousin(Elizabeth) up before they went on a cruise about a month ago. I never saw a picture of her and when they returned from the cruise it wasnt brought up again. He didnt really talk her up all that much either. Said she was a bigger girl, but keep in mind his wife is like 5'8" and 120 haha. Also mentioned she did have a bit of a past. Did a little facebook snooping and couldnt see her profile. So I kind of gave up on the idea anyway. And honestly I dont feel my situation is ideal for adding a girl to the mix. Especially since I consider Michael and Candace such good friends. Lets be honest I havent done very well with girls in the past dont want to burn bridges with such good friends.

    Michael and Candace are having a poker night at their house Friday. Just got around to checking the whole guest list. Turns out Elizabeth is on the invited list. In all likelihood she wont even be there. But after seeing some pics of her I hope she shows. Granted I am not a group person and will most likely be quiet as a mouse haha.

  13. I had written up my last workout(chest) but accidentally posted it in my workout log. Nothing too crazy numbers wise just another solid workout. I did do 325 on incline elect.

    Today I did back

    Close grip lat pulldowns 3 sets of 10 reps
    Tbar 2 sets of 10 reps
    Lat pulldowns 3 sets of 10 reps
    1 arm rows 2 lighter warm up sets then a set of 15 with 120. Really using full rom on this.
    1 set of messing around with high pulls might use these in the future.

    Helped a guy I have talked to a few times show 2 girls how to deadlift. I have seen a status poking fun at the number of times the guy had gone to high school proms. When I was helping the girls I noticed one had braces haha. Doesn't necessarily mean she is young but it is a STRONG indication haha.

    Felt so tired when lifting today. Had to take a number of breaks and lay or sit down. Felt like I had done sprints and couldn't catch my breathe. I checked my weight during my workout and it was 264.5 which is down. Wasn't expecting that considering I have been eating carbs even when I don't lift. Got to love Carb Backloading.

    Might take tomorrow off or do chest tomorrow and then shoulders/arms Friday before I go to my friend Michael's house which will probably be just a bunch of couples... yay.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    I had written up my last workout(chest) but accidentally posted it in my workout log. Nothing too crazy numbers wise just another solid workout. I did do 325 on incline elect.

    Today I did back

    Close grip lat pulldowns 3 sets of 10 reps
    Tbar 2 sets of 10 reps
    Lat pulldowns 3 sets of 10 reps
    1 arm rows 2 lighter warm up sets then a set of 15 with 120. Really using full rom on this.
    1 set of messing around with high pulls might use these in the future.

    Helped a guy I have talked to a few times show 2 girls how to deadlift. I have seen a status poking fun at the number of times the guy had gone to high school proms. When I was helping the girls I noticed one had braces haha. Doesn't necessarily mean she is young but it is a STRONG indication haha.

    Felt so tired when lifting today. Had to take a number of breaks and lay or sit down. Felt like I had done sprints and couldn't catch my breathe. I checked my weight during my workout and it was 264.5 which is down. Wasn't expecting that considering I have been eating carbs even when I don't lift. Got to love Carb Backloading.

    Might take tomorrow off or do chest tomorrow and then shoulders/arms Friday before I go to my friend Michael's house which will probably be just a bunch of couples... yay.
    lol...guy will be going to proms in his 30's!!! can you say 21 jump st...
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  15. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt

    lol...guy will be going to proms in his 30's!!! can you say 21 jump st...
    Haha ya I had a good laugh when I saw that facebook status. Not much the guy could say either. The guy who posted it is a 6'1" 250 plus bodybuilder known for having a temper. At least I heard he did back when he was in high school 3 years ago.

    When I saw her braces I couldn't help but smile and hold back the laughter.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Haha ya I had a good laugh when I saw that facebook status. Not much the guy could say either. The guy who posted it is a 6'1" 250 plus bodybuilder known for having a temper. At least I heard he did back when he was in high school 3 years ago.

    When I saw her braces I couldn't help but smile and hold back the laughter.
    a good laugh is good for what ails ya, lol...
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  17. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt

    a good laugh is good for what ails ya, lol...
    I didn't know laughing helped with back pain haha.

    Felt my biceps lock up a bit post workout. Looking forward to another adjustment and massage tomorrow. When my cycle is over I will probably ease off the massages. Lower back should be better than plus a new bed haha.

    Started watching a new show on Netflix. It is called Durham County... damn Canadian tv is wild as hell haha.

  18. a Tomahawk sighting!

    forgot about this log man..good to hear from you
    hope all is well, cycle is treating you well still you think?


    canadians..eh

  19. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    a Tomahawk sighting!

    forgot about this log man..good to hear from you
    hope all is well, cycle is treating you well still you think?


    canadians..eh
    Haha ya I was pretty sporatic with my lifting for a bit. Back pain plus lack of sleep(plus poor quality) dont go well together.

    I still seem to be making gains so it seems worth it enough to go ahead and finish the 2nd bottle. I actually lost weight while eating carbs. Did modify how I was eating though.

    They tv shows are pretty crazy. I found a show called Kevin Spencer or something like that. Made me think of South Park without absolutely no message what so ever. Pretty much just weird crap you cant help but laugh at with TERRIBLE animation haha.

    The Durham County show I am watching is just one crazy person after another killing people. They do some messed up crap to each other. A lot of "why are these people so dumb?" because they get themselves into some messed up situations.

    Not sure if I will be lifting or not. Another night of crappy sleep. Might just rest today so I can for sure lift tomorrow. Pretty sure food temptations will be at the get together tomorrow.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    I didn't know laughing helped with back pain haha.

    Felt my biceps lock up a bit post workout. Looking forward to another adjustment and massage tomorrow. When my cycle is over I will probably ease off the massages. Lower back should be better than plus a new bed haha.

    Started watching a new show on Netflix. It is called Durham County... damn Canadian tv is wild as hell haha.
    justified is ok, i liked the 1st season best...the new kevin bacon series could be good, to soon to tell!!!
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Made me think of South Park without absolutely no message what so ever..
    wait - are you South Park did, or did not, have a message?


  22. Ya I am a fan of Justified. To me it is still better than most of what is on tv. The Following is pretty crazy as far as how out there the people are. So it is worth watching haha.

    Lack of sleep doesn't help me post. Meant to say South Park usually has some kind of message. At least they seem to try now. The Kevin Spencer show was just messed up haha.

    Looking forward to The Walking Dead coming back. It leaves way too quick. 6 episodes is not enough haha.

    My right thigh is all kinds of tight. Made sleeping even harder. Definitely going to try and foam roll it a bit before my massage.

  23. So The Following is good? I just finished the second season of American Horror Story. If you've ever seen The Inbetweeners (English series) its hilarious. South Park is brilliant as much as it's absurd and it always does have a message - usually bastardizing some social norm and stating what were all thinking.

    -OS-Team AppNut
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

  24. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow
    So The Following is good? I just finished the second season of American Horror Story. If you've ever seen The Inbetweeners (English series) its hilarious. South Park is brilliant as much as it's absurd and it always does have a message - usually bastardizing some social norm and stating what were all thinking.

    -OS-Team AppNut
    It is definitely something different. I never got into American Horror Story but watched a bit of the Asylum one on around Halloween and from what some girl told me it was good. Ya I haven't watched South Park in a while.

    The plan is to do chest and biceps today but lately planning has sucked. Didn't make my chiro/massage appointment yesterday. There was a mix up with the time so I am going Saturday.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by OrganicShadow View Post
    So The Following is good?
    tom got it right - is..different, crazy concept and hard to imagine
    but i'm willing to see where it goes

  26. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    tom got it right - is..different, crazy concept and hard to imagine
    but i'm willing to see where it goes
    yup...i think they are just introducing the charactors, kinda like a stephen king book...boring at the beginning when he gives you the background but essential to the main storyline....i look for it to get much better!!!
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  27. Whats up big guy, long time. last I saw you had your hands in pickle jars hahah

  28. Quote Originally Posted by xFRACTION
    Whats up big guy, long time. last I saw you had your hands in pickle jars hahah
    Haha I don't know if they have toughen up since then or I haven't been deadlifting as heavy. I did bench 405 for a pause press which is 20 more pounds than I had ever done with a touch and go. Been thinking about getting some pickles after a recent article by Matt Porter.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Haha I don't know if they have toughen up since then or I haven't been deadlifting as heavy. I did bench 405 for a pause press which is 20 more pounds than I had ever done with a touch and go. Been thinking about getting some pickles after a recent article by Matt Porter.
    i have heard of open hand tip down punching sand
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

  30. porter & pickles??
    musta missed that one..
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. M-Sten RX - My first PH log - Sponsored
    By dkgreene88 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-14-2013, 08:07 PM
  2. Burning the fat off with Pyro RX (Sponsored)
    By enhanced in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-24-2012, 04:59 PM
  3. gettin lean with IronMagLabs OSTA RX (sponsored)
    By hvactech in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 07:06 PM
  4. Replies: 273
    Last Post: 05-19-2012, 04:30 PM
  5. Tomahawk Chop with PAL (LR & AE Sponsored)
    By Tomahawk88 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 02-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Log in
Log in