CONTROLLED LABS presents: MOTIV8 II

Page 8 of 12 First ... 3678910 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gtrain83 View Post
    Mine is going pretty well I think. Tonight I did a 1 rep max dead lift at 245lbs... after warming up of course. Not a lot but I weigh 140 so I thought that was pretty good considering I never really do them. Then did a 10x2 with 75% of my max with 1min rest between sets. Then some ab work.
    mate, dont get down on urself...do u think the stronger guys on this forum started off DLing twice their bodyweight?

they worked up to it and u are nearly at twice ur bodyweight..something im hoping to be up to within the next 2 months brah!

That workout sounds like it woulda destroyed ya

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Progressive1 View Post
    mate, dont get down on urself...do u think the stronger guys on this forum started off DLing twice their bodyweight?

they worked up to it and u are nearly at twice ur bodyweight..something im hoping to be up to within the next 2 months brah!

That workout sounds like it woulda destroyed ya
    Thanks mate. I wasn't really downing myself, I thought it was pretty good...I was very happy with it. Yea the work out was good you should try it one day. I'm sure you will be there in 2 months time!

So does this new product have anything to do with PsyKO?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Training is good. Hoping my hand is healing up fast enough to deadlift this upcoming week. Want to get back to going HEAVY!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Training is good. Hoping my hand is healing up fast enough to deadlift this upcoming week. Want to get back to going HEAVY!
    and what did u do this hand TH88?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Progressive1 View Post
    and what did u do this hand TH88?
  6. Registered User

Everything is going good on this end! Added about 30lbs to my 1RM on Deads and about 15 lbs on my squat. Yet I have lost about 3 lbs in weight...on accident! Lol plateau on bench tho :\
  7. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by pu12en12g View Post
    Brand new CL product, not out yet...
    PsyKO???
  8. Registered User

Weekly Challenge #4:

Health NUTTZ !

Post up original / unique health / fitness tips... note that we're not going for "funny" or "silly" this time. Best one wins points for their team !

One thing I do when I diet is use smaller plates. Srs. Makes me keep my portions smaller so I don't over eat. The second half of the battle is not going back for seconds.
  9. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Fitness Tip #1: Try fasting a day or two a week. Calorie restriction is currently the only scientifically supported method of lifespan extension. And one day won't hurt your gains/catabolize muscle as in a resting state you'll preferentially burn fat and glycogen. Not only will it help you stay lean, it'll increase your insulin sensitivity dramatically for the following day, when you do eat.

If you're still really worried about gluconeogenesis, simply down 5-10g of leucine every 3 hours during your fast - boom, total activation of mTOR. Though, this renders moot a lot of the pro-auto****ic benefits of fasting.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  10. CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by persch889 View Post
    PsyKO???
  11. Registered User

Damn Tomahawk, that is nasty looking lol
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    Damn Tomahawk, that is nasty looking lol
    Haha keep in mind that was after coming home and taking a pic. While at the gym I kept lifting and just going to the bathroom to get a new paper towel between each set lol.
  13. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Haha keep in mind that was after coming home and taking a pic. While at the gym I kept lifting and just going to the bathroom to get a new paper towel between each set lol.
    That is so freaking bad ass.

***NOW @ NP***
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  303 lbs.

Weekly Challenge #4:

Health NUTTZ !

Post up original / unique health / fitness tips... note that we're not going for "funny" or "silly" this time. Best one wins points for their team !

Not really unique, but i have really learned 2 things since training..
    1....U really are what u Eat (protein for muscle, eat alot of fat and u will get fat) 2...getting to gym is half the battle...its all mental
  15. Registered User

Weekly Challenge #4:

Health NUTTZ !

A former coworker (who was an ex NFL linebacker) taught me that dumb bells are for gaining strength and barbells are for testing that strength. He was totally spot on as my bench increased more than ever after going to strictly dumbbells. Obviously squats and other exercises are not included but using DB over BB most of the time really seems to improve strength more.
  16. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gtrain83 View Post
    A former coworker (who was an ex NFL linebacker) taught me that dumb bells are for gaining strength and barbells are for testing that strength. He was totally spot on as my bench increased more than ever after going to strictly dumbbells. Obviously squats and other exercises are not included but using DB over BB most of the time really seems to improve strength more.
    Good advice !
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

The first part that I want to offer for the challenge will involve me on a soapbox for a bit; I apologize (kind of...). Bodybuilding is a science and not an art. When I first started, I didn't quite believe that, but I have come to terms with that - there is no art to this sport/lifestyle at all. Like they say football is a game of inches, this is a game of calories. If you're even slightly over or under by what you need based on your current goal, you won't be where you want to be. It is incredibly easy to eat just a little bit extra and not cut the final pound of fat you want to.

By the same token, proper form and range of motion are king at the end of the day. It's a battle with your ego, because while more weight is what we want to hold overhead, it's meaningless if all things aren't in order. For example, when I was in high school, I'd do 1,000 crunches every night. Only problem was I wasn't contracting my abs, because at that time I didn't even know what that felt like. So, all of that was virtually for nothing (other than some form of a pathetic cardio workout). Just the same, guys can throw a ton of weight on a squat bar or on a curl bar, but if you're not using proper form and range of motion and utilizing the actual contractions of the muscles desired to work, it's meaningless.

I realize that's not so much of a tip, but it is so often overlooked and hopefully if anyone reads this thread down the road, they'll take a step back and take that all in.

So, it would seem wrong to not give a nice little tip, as well, so here's one. Buy a cheap watch with a timer and wear it during all of your workouts. Start the timer from the second you are ready to attempt your first lift after whatever warming up you may do. This will ensure you stay on track and not rest too long (as most do) or too little (depending on your goals and specific training style) between sets. It also gives you an overall workout time that you can attempt to beat the next time you do it. Most people don't realize just how long they're actually waiting between sets; this makes sure you do.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  18. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    The first part that I want to offer for the challenge will involve me on a soapbox for a bit; I apologize (kind of...). Bodybuilding is a science and not an art. When I first started, I didn't quite believe that, but I have come to terms with that - there is no art to this sport/lifestyle at all. Like they say football is a game of inches, this is a game of calories. If you're even slightly over or under by what you need based on your current goal, you won't be where you want to be. It is incredibly easy to eat just a little bit extra and not cut the final pound of fat you want to.

By the same token, proper form and range of motion are king at the end of the day. It's a battle with your ego, because while more weight is what we want to hold overhead, it's meaningless if all things aren't in order. For example, when I was in high school, I'd do 1,000 crunches every night. Only problem was I wasn't contracting my abs, because at that time I didn't even know what that felt like. So, all of that was virtually for nothing (other than some form of a pathetic cardio workout). Just the same, guys can throw a ton of weight on a squat bar or on a curl bar, but if you're not using proper form and range of motion and utilizing the actual contractions of the muscles desired to work, it's meaningless.

I realize that's not so much of a tip, but it is so often overlooked and hopefully if anyone reads this thread down the road, they'll take a step back and take that all in.

So, it would seem wrong to not give a nice little tip, as well, so here's one. Buy a cheap watch with a timer and wear it during all of your workouts. Start the timer from the second you are ready to attempt your first lift after whatever warming up you may do. This will ensure you stay on track and not rest too long (as most do) or too little (depending on your goals and specific training style) between sets. It also gives you an overall workout time that you can attempt to beat the next time you do it. Most people don't realize just how long they're actually waiting between sets; this makes sure you do.
    hell yea solid advice!!!

That is my main gripe with people who are at the gym. Not only is the form wrong (yea you can squat 600 pounds* but how much can you squat PARALLEL?) but getting on your cell phone in between EVERY set is hurting them so much. You don't need to work out for 2 hrs. I worked out at the gym I work at part time and my work outs suffered b/c I knew all the members and we would BS all the time during our workouts. Now I do crossfit and the intensity is through the roof. I'm ready to die after 15 mins where as at the regular gym 1.5 hrs in and I was fine I hate seeing people give up when they aren't getting results b/c they aren't really working out.
  19. CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
    Board Sponsor

if you're not using proper form and range of motion and utilizing the actual contractions of the muscles desired to work, it's meaningless.
    ^^^^

Week 4 Winner !!!
  20. CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
    Board Sponsor

Weekly Challenge #5:

Recipe BATTLE !

Post up a recipe that you make / cook quite often during your current transformation, best recipe wins points for their team !!
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Weekly Challenge #5:

Recipe BATTLE !

Post up a recipe that you make / cook quite often during your current transformation, best recipe wins points for their team !!
    This one should be fun.

I'd also request that all teams have both members submit a recipe just for the sake of us all enhancing our little cookbooks. I know I love learning new recipes
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'3"  125 lbs.

Weekly Challenge #5:

Recipe BATTLE !

Send all baked goods my way please!!
    Controlled Labs Rep
    Laurie@controlledlabs.com
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbulldogz View Post
    Send all baked goods my way please!!
    I'm with Laurie on this one...are you kind enough to share?

24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'3"  125 lbs.

I'm with Laurie on this one...are you kind enough to share?

I don't know......if there are cookies involved...it would be no.
    Controlled Labs Rep
    Laurie@controlledlabs.com
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  303 lbs.

1...........xf 2.0 half scoop banana and cinnamon in my cream of wheat or oats everyday for breakfast, which is also pre wo meal, but my favorite recipe as of late has been

salmon (or SeaBass) with some evoo and cajun spices grilled over bed of wild-rice with either citrus-mint salsa or pinaeapple salsa

citrus mint
    pink grapefruit sections
    oranges
    pineapple
    fresh mint
    splash of lime juice

can be tedious but u need to peel fruits(obviously) and then also take all the skins off too (easiest is to cut in half against the grain then dig out with spoon, mix together with chopped mint leaves and let sit for 4 hours in fridge (covered) before serving with the fish...this is best with the seabass

pineapple

cut pineapple in long strips, bout inch thick
    grill for about 2 minutes each side over medium heat grill
    cool it of, then dice into smaller pieces
    mix with fresh cilantro, and a couple Serano Peppers, (or jalepeno if u wish) peppers can also be grilled
  26. Registered User

just stoppin in to see how you guys are doing......the bb.com thread has somewhat died down
  27. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Made this the other night. Mmmm

Low Carb "Mac'n'Cheese"

Cut a spaghetti squash in half length-wise. Place one half face down on a plate and fill bottom of the plate with water. Microwave for 7-10min, until soft.

Sauce:
    1. Heat 3/4C un-sweetend Almond Milk on med-high on stove
    2. In measuring cup, mix 1/4C more Almond Milk with 1Tbsp thickener of choice (I used guar).
    3. When Almond Milk on stove is steaming, add the AM/thickener mixture to the pot and stir.
    4. Add salt, pepper, a bit of dijon mustard and butter buds to taste.
    5. Add 3/4C fat free cheddar cheese and stir until nice and thick.

Scoop squash out of shell when done in the microwave, and pile on a plate. Top with sauce. Serves two. For an additional treat, top with french-fried onions.

***NOW @ NP***
  28. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Lean Bulk Eggs Benedict

Sauce:
    1. 1/2 cup Almond Milk, 1Tbsp Butter Buds, 1tsp paprika, 1/2tsp cayenne, 1Tbsp balsamic vinegar, 2egg yolks.
    2. Heat the above on stove on med-low, stirring constantly, until it begins to steam and thicken.
    3. Pour sauce off immediately into secondary container, such as a bowl.

Fry up some bacon or ham and poach desired number of eggs. Top each egg with a slice of ham/bacon, a slice of cheese, and sauce.

***NOW @ NP***
  29. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

My Wife's Recipe for White Chicken Chili

Ingredients:
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 onion, chopped
    3 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers
    1 Large can of diced tomatoes
    1 large can of tomatillos, drained and chopped
    2 teaspoons ground cumin
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
    2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
    2-3 lbs of chopped cooked chicken breast
    3 (15 ounce) cans white beans

Directions:

In a large cooking pot, heat oil and cook onion and garlic until soft.

Stir in all ingredients except for the beans and chicken. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 10 minutes.

Add chicken and beans and simmer for another 5 minutes.

***NOW @ NP***
  30. CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
    Board Sponsor

Nice !!
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.

Lean Egg Sandwiches

Ingredients:
    Liquid Eggs (I've used Eggbeaters, Walmart's version and Krogers' - Krogers' is the best)
    0-calorie spray butter
    Ezekiel Bread
    Pam
    Cheese (optional)
    Meat (optional)

Cooking Directions:
    1. Spray down a skillet with a light coating of Pam
    2. Turn the skillet on high until the Pam starts to liquify a bit, then turn down to just over medium (*this will likely vary from stove to stove)
    3. Pour in a thin layer of liquid eggs (*this would be when you'd add in any meat, jalapenos, peppers, or any other additions to the omelet as well)
    4. Toast 2 pieces of Ezekiel bread now, while your omelet cooks
    5. Toast 2 more pieces of Ezekiel bread when the first 2 finish
    6. Spray down the inside of each slice of bread with your 0-cal spray butter as soon as it comes out of the toaster (*now is when you'd add cheese onto the toast if you want it - I do )
    7. Flip your omelet when it's ready (*pool the remaining liquid to the corners prior to this to help with even cooking)
    8. Let the omelet sit for a bit more before turning the burner off and letting it sit for a few moments more
    9. Place the omelet onto a plate and flip it, so it's doubled over. Then cut it in half so you've got 2 triangular looking pieces of egg
    10. Place one section of egg between each set of toast and you're set

You end up with whatever macros you want, based on the cheese, meat, extra veggies, etc. It's a very low-fat meal. Healthy protein and carbs
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  32. Registered User

A few I like

No idea what to call it but its like a jambalaya:
    Sofrito
    chicken broth
    creole seasoning
    shrimp
    sausage (chorizo works but I use publix green wise chicken sausage)
    red and black beans
    brown rice

Start cooking the rice. (I use 10 min rice if in a hurry but some take 45 min.)
    Cook sausage in skillet and season with creole seasoning.
    peel and prep shrimp. season w/creole
    drain beans.
    Drain cooked rice.
    Add sofrito and chiken broth to pot with sausage. mix in the beans.
    After a few minutes of simmering add shrimp and let simmer/slow boil for 10 min or until shrimp are fully cooked.
    enjoy!

Sorry that I do not have exact amounts or times for cooking this I just kind of made it up as I went along while shopping/cooking one night.

My fav though is my moms mac and cheese she has made for a while:

Bow tie pasta
    Fontina cheese
    Gruyere cheese
    Mozzarella cheese
    flour
    half and half
    milk

Cook pasta
    2 cups half and half and 2 cups milk in a pot, bring to low boil.
    Add two tbsps of flour and let thicken
    Add cheeses and let them melt
    pour over cooked pasta
    bake in oven at 400 for approx 20 min.
    sprinkle left over cheeses on top
  33. Registered User

Black Bean Soup

1 can black refried beans
    1 can black beans
    1 can chicken broth

Heat up both cans of beans in a pot and slowly add the chicken broth to make a soup mixture.

Eat as is or add some salsa, peppers, some shredded chicken, cheese, or a dab of sour cream.

Pretty simply but pretty good if you need to add some carbs.
  34. Registered User

I'm getting hungry...
  35. CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
    Board Sponsor

Week 6 Challenge:

"GTCL"

Do your best Jersey Shore impression to win points for your team !
  36. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

No.

***NOW @ NP***
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    No.
    Ya I might have to kill myself if I do that
  38. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    No.
  39. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    I will not support that show, nor the idiocy and selfishness it promotes in any way.

***NOW @ NP***
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

"T-shirt time"
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. CONTROLLED LABS presents: MOTIV8 II
    By pu12en12g in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 7