PROMO: Animal Pump vs. Shock Therapy Comparo

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
We're looking for a few good members who've run pre-workout supps before to test Animal Pump, head-to-head, against Shock Therapy. Both are pre-workout, creatine-based NO supps but in many ways are very different.

Animal Pump is a "pack" supp like all Animal products--pills inside a pack. The stims in Pump are milder, smoother but more sustained.

Shock Therpay is a flavored powder that comes in grape and punch. It provides a faster, bigger "kick" than Animal Pump.

Among fans, there are long debates about which is better. Here for example: Animal Pump vs Shock Therapy and/or Storm? - the F O R V M

For this mini-promo, we're looking for solid AM members who have ideally run a pre-workout supp before and would be interested in keeping a two-week sponsored supp log here. The goal is not to see how our supps compare to our competitors, but instead, how Animal Pump compares to Shock Therapy. We're just lookin' for more feedback... By doin' it this way, maybe we'll also avoid some bias. We shall see.

Anyways, we'll select 20 winners who will get 5 packets of Shock Therapy and 5 packets of Animal Pump. Assuming a 5-day split, this will work out to a week on each product, for a total of a 2-week log. The protocol will be to run Animal Pump the first week and Shock Therapy the second week and compare. Ideally, winners should get off on their supps a week in advance--especially those who are on comparable products. It goes without saying that the sponsored supp log should be honest. At the end of the two week sponsored log, a summary of your thoughts would be awesome.

So if you're interested in running this two-week sponsored log, let it be known here. Tell us why you'd like to run this comparo. Thanks fellas.

Gotta have a U.S. mailing addy and be at least 18.

AaronTech

Awards
I would, but I'm already logging NR. Great opportunity for testers to try both products. I've used both products before and love them. I would only hold Shock Therapy in higher comp. for myself because it takes a bit for me to respond to pills. For people who are great with pills, I think AP will surprise those who haven't taken it; it's an awesome product. They're both awesome. lol

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
I would, but I'm already logging NR. Great opportunity for testers to try both products. I've used both products before and love them. I would only hold Shock Therapy in higher comp. for myself because it takes a bit for me to respond to pills. For people who are great with pills, I think AP will surprise those who haven't taken it; it's an awesome product. They're both awesome. lol
See, this is what I'm talkin' about... I'm an Animal Pump kinda guy.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I'm in!!! What's the timeframe of this looking like? Do you want an application or just an I'm in? lol.
I'd have no problem starting this asap. Only two weeks, so I'll push back my next log by a week or two.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
I'm in!!! What's the timeframe of this looking like? Do you want an application or just an I'm in? lol.
I'd have no problem starting this asap. Only two weeks, so I'll push back my next log by a week or two.
As long as it takes to get to 20 qualified testers. Just let us know why you're interested in testing these two supps. That's it.

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Nice promo. I use Animal Pump on the regular but some days when I am dragging and need an extra kick I use Shock Therapy instead.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Nice promo. I use Animal Pump on the regular but some days when I am dragging and need an extra kick I use Shock Therapy instead.
Yeah, truth be told, I have both on hand...

broken

broken

Awards
pump I used it previously and enjoyed it Shock Therapy jacks my stomach up but it gives you alittle extra kick in the ass

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
I'm down for it!!! I've been a HUUUGE fan of Pump... But, the debate whether Shock Therapy is batter than Pump has stuck in the back of my tiny little brain... And, what better way, than to find out first hand... And, once the debate is settled, I'll have a permenant fixture in my arsenal...

joeyamma

joeyamma

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, truth be told, I have both on hand...
same for me... i guess great minds think alike? :thumbsup:
pretty sweet that Universal has two great products that you can run a comparo promo between the two:duel:

joepump

joepump

Awards
First of I'm a old school animal supporter. My first actual supplement was the animalpak years ago. I'm not runnng any logs right now so I'm definatly free (lol). I've tryed alot of pre-work out supplements and have never found one thats been consistant week after week so recently i've been searching fr new one. I've not had the pleasure of trying either of these main reason my local stores has an enadequate selection of your line up. So with that said I beleive I can be a non-bias canidate who can make a honest detailed log for you guys sence I've never used either. Appreciate opportunity.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
This should be good. I use both at various times.

Hg

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
First of I'm a old school animal supporter. My first actual supplement was the animalpak years ago. I'm not runnng any logs right now so I'm definatly free (lol). I've tryed alot of pre-work out supplements and have never found one thats been consistant week after week so recently i've been searching fr new one. I've not had the pleasure of trying either of these main reason my local stores has an enadequate selection of your line up. So with that said I beleive I can be a non-bias canidate who can make a honest detailed log for you guys sence I've never used either. Appreciate opportunity.
You're on AM but you shop at "local stores"? Bricks and mortar ain't dead.

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't mind trying this myself. Currently I am a huge fan of Pump, however I have used a few other Pre-Workout supps prior to landing Pump, and never sailed away from it after that.

So I see the log is to compare Pump with Shock. Well I have been monitoring the Universal website waiting for the samples of Shock and Storm to appear. I have been researching Shock to see if it could give me the same results as Pump, but also ease the pain on my wallet since it gives me more servings for the dollar.

Yet, on the whole bang for the buck idea, I am unsure. To me the price is not the only factor in the "bang for the buck" if I pay less for something, but it doesn’t work for me then I got no bang, however if it works and cost more, then I can accept the additional dollar amount no problem.

This promo/log gives me the opportunity to run them side by side to prove to myself which ones better for my body, and will let me know if I respond to the pill form of Pump better, or the powder form of Shock.

Now for the log, no problem. I will run the exact same workouts with the exact same exercises/rest in between, and give my unbiased review updated daily.

EDIT: Do you still consider APO AP a USA address? If so then I'm good, if not desregard this post.

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
U-Rep guys...I would love the opportunity to run this test log for you. I am a HUGE pwo supp fan and have tried oodles of them. I received your Animal Pump free sample and enjoyed the workout I had with it. I've never tried Shock Therapy, but I would definetley love to try it out and document my results compared to animal pump with you. I believe I could provide honest and unbiased feedback for you based on how I personally reacted to each of these supplements.

THEGEEZ

THEGEEZ

Awards
  • Established
i would have to stop running all my supps or just my pre workout ?

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
i would have to stop running all my supps or just my pre workout ?
Just the ones that could impact the log... Your multi or fish oil or supps like that would be fine. Stims, creatine-based supps--these are the main issues as they are included in Pump and Shock. That said, it'd only be for two weeks.

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
Just the ones that could impact the log... Your multi or fish oil or supps like that would be fine. Stims, creatine-based supps--these are the main issues as they are included in Pump and Shock. That said, it'd only be for two weeks.
Is Torrent counted in this as a creatine source?

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Is Torrent counted in this as a creatine source?
Guess you could keep Torrent.. Hard to stay from that, eh? The main point is to let the Pump and/or Shock "speak" for themselves.

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
Judging from that BB.com thread, we should rename "Torrent", "Addiction".
I must say I agree with this name change. LOL. By the end of my workouts I can taste it as I rush to my room to get some. If I go more the 10 min post workout without it I get those withdrawal attack shakes. Could be the Deads or Squats, but I think its the need for Torrent.

rockgym

Awards
I started with the white flood about 2 weeks ago. I feel a slight difference while lifting. I am getting a good 1-2 extra reps per set and I am making it thru the whole workout with energy to spare. I cant compare it with anything else as I have never taken anything else.

That is why i am willing to try out animal pump and shock therapy! ive only heard good things

my white flood will be running out shortly

im sure these products will be well worth it and maybe if these can help me achieve some new pr's!

mrchristian

mrchristian

Awards
  • Established
U-Rep guys...I would love the opportunity to run this test log for you. I am a HUGE pwo supp fan and have tried oodles of them. I received your Animal Pump free sample and enjoyed the workout I had with it. I've never tried Shock Therapy, but I would definetley love to try it out and document my results compared to animal pump with you. I believe I could provide honest and unbiased feedback for you based on how I personally reacted to each of these supplements.

Is this what you guys were looking for in an app, or do you need more info from me? :thumbsup:

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
can we enter if we explain why we are interested although never having used it? I ordered some samples from BB dot com a long time ago and they still have yet to come.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
can we enter if we explain why we are interested although never having used it? I ordered some samples from BB dot com a long time ago and they still have yet to come.
Actually, we'd prefer people who've never used 'em before. That way, they can get a sense of both supps. In the end, it really doesn't matter though...

For the record, for any company rep interested, we'd be happy to send ya out some samples of both. However, for these fellas, there's no need to keep a "sponsored" log. Wouldn't want to jam anyone up. So if you're a rep and you wanna try both, hit me up with a PM. Cool?

clownbaby1

Awards
I honestly haven't run either of them and i am very tolerant to caffeine. I've heard great things about both and would love to try them out. I can give a day to day journal of my workouts and how they went each day, then run a comparison review of how i responded to the each. Hopefully i could respond well to these two, as i have heard they are very strong and would show others who are tolerant to caffeine that they might very be the answers to their prayers. :)

The pre workout supplements i could compare them too are:
Nano Vapor
SuperPump 250
no3 overload
NO shotgun(v1 and v2)
Fast Twitch

Good Luck to everyone!

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I'd be up for this short log to compare as I'm a pre-workout supp fanatic. I have only tried Animal Pump once about a year ago via a sample and probably around the initial release of shock therapy, i tried one sample, but vaguely remember how it was. Recently I've found a new favorite that I feel is very close to impossible to beat in this realm. VPX NO-Shotgun is what i'm currently using and hands down its the best I have ever used. I will provide honest feedback. If you think your product can stand up to NO-Shotgun then I'm def in. Below is a list of pre-workout supplements I have used in the past:

NO-Xplode
Vasocharge(and I loved this product until I found Shotgun)
WTF Pumped
Superpump
Cold Fusion EX
Smash
Ragnarok
Xpand Energized
MHP Trac Extreme
Animal Pump
Hypershok
Shock Therapy

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Actually, we'd prefer people who've never used 'em before. That way, they can get a sense of both supps. In the end, it really doesn't matter though...

For the record, for any company rep interested, we'd be happy to send ya out some samples of both. However, for these fellas, there's no need to keep a "sponsored" log. Wouldn't want to jam anyone up. So if you're a rep and you wanna try both, hit me up with a PM. Cool?
Awesome sounds good brotha. PM sent.

pdx89

pdx89

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I haven't tried either one, but I just recently got off of nano vapor so if i still quailify i'm definitley in.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I'd love to give it a shot. Trying to try all of the great products offered by the great sponsors here. I am definitely a PreWO fanatic. I love trying new PWO supps to see what really gets me going! Just got done reviewing one Animal Pump Pak. I'd love to get my hands on some more. I'm an honest tester with a love for lifting and supps! I'd love to try more Animal products and this is just that opportunity!

You guys are a great addition to the AM community!!

Animal Rep

Animal Rep

Awards
  • Established
We're looking for a few good members who've run pre-workout supps before to test Animal Pump, head-to-head, against Shock Therapy. Both are pre-workout, creatine-based NO supps but in many ways are very different.

Animal Pump is a "pack" supp like all Animal products--pills inside a pack. The stims in Pump are milder, smoother but more sustained.

Shock Therpay is a flavored powder that comes in grape and punch. It provides a faster, bigger "kick" than Animal Pump.

Among fans, there are long debates about which is better. Here for example: Animal Pump vs Shock Therapy and/or Storm? - the F O R V M

For this mini-promo, we're looking for solid AM members who have ideally run a pre-workout supp before and would be interested in keeping a two-week sponsored supp log here. The goal is not to see how our supps compare to our competitors, but instead, how Animal Pump compares to Shock Therapy. We're just lookin' for more feedback... By doin' it this way, maybe we'll also avoid some bias. We shall see.

Anyways, we'll select 20 winners who will get 5 packets of Shock Therapy and 5 packets of Animal Pump. Assuming a 5-day split, this will work out to a week on each product, for a total of a 2-week log. The protocol will be to run Animal Pump the first week and Shock Therapy the second week and compare. Ideally, winners should get off on their supps a week in advance--especially those who are on comparable products. It goes without saying that the sponsored supp log should be honest. At the end of the two week sponsored log, a summary of your thoughts would be awesome.

So if you're interested in running this two-week sponsored log, let it be known here. Tell us why you'd like to run this comparo. Thanks fellas.

Gotta have a U.S. mailing addy and be at least 18.
Great promo for two great products. I am a bit more partial to Animal Pump myself.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll log them. Used a variety of pre-workout supps, both brand name and just bulk, but neither Pump nor Torrent. I have experience logging a couple of products: AMS' HypertropX and AR's Napalm. Really enjoyed both of them.
My diet and training protocols are exact and very disciplined and my supp regimen right is now is minimal: fish oil, vitC, EGCG, ALCAR and prot powder. The addition of a preworkout formula would be awesome, let alone getting to test two different ones!
If it makes any difference, I'm a molecular biologist, and researching supplements and testing their efficacy is one of my hobbis.
My logs are thorough, informative and consistent - check em out:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/avant-research-labs/95807-resolve-drops-napalm.html?highlight=resolve+sponsored
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/94391-resolved-lift-heavier.html?highlight=resolve+sponsored

pdx89

pdx89

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If we get chosen is there a special workout routine you want us to use?

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
This is an awesome offer guys...if I hadn't just started my White Flood I'd be all over this!

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Assuming all you fellas are at least 18 and have a U.S. mailing addy, the following twelve are in:

Inarius
MrDead
joeyamma
joepump
Hoomgar
atrain11b
mrchristian
rockgym
clownbaby1
joebo
pdx89
Resolve

These two, I'm not sure. Let me know if you're def in.

broken
THEGEEZ

If all of the above are confirmed, it means we've got six slots left...

atrain11b

atrain11b

Awards
  • Established
U-Rep, I posted this late in my entry: "Do you still consider APO AP a USA address? If so then I'm good"

Just want to make sure before you count me as taken slot.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
U-Rep, I posted this late in my entry: "Do you still consider APO AP a USA address? If so then I'm good"

Just want to make sure before you count me as taken slot.
Yup. APO and FPO work just fine...

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Assuming all you fellas are at least 18 and have a U.S. mailing addy, the following twelve are in:

Inarius
MrDead
joeyamma
joepump
Hoomgar
atrain11b
mrchristian
rockgym
clownbaby1
joebo
pdx89
Resolve

These two, I'm not sure. Let me know if you're def in.

broken
THEGEEZ

If all of the above are confirmed, it means we've got six slots left...

Oh I'm down for sure bro. This will fit in perfect with my current SportPharma "Just The Basics" stack I'm running.

Nothin but love for Universal brands and all the reps and employees of said.

You need info from us right?

Hg

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Oh I'm down for sure bro. This will fit in perfect with my current SportPharma "Just The Basics" stack I'm running.

Nothin but love for Universal brands and all the reps and employees of said.

You need info from us right?

Hg
SportPharma, eh? Solid line. Would be cool if NP picked it up.

When we hit 20, I'll provide more info...