Quad sweep

ironjunkie91

ironjunkie91

Awards
Anyone have any opinions on a way to put focus to better develope my quad sweep?

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Jay Cutler said leg extensions with toes pointed forward.. It sure gives some more stress there but I really dont know if it plays any role in growth

ironjunkie91

ironjunkie91

Awards
Leg extension have been a staple in my leg training and no matter how I do them, either moderate weight high volume.. supersets or drop sets toes straight forward in or out I don't feel much in my quads.. I know that sounds impossible but it's true. I feel more irritation at the insertion at the knee than anything.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
I have the same problem man. Since I dont have a leg press at home, I do Barbell Hack Squats after heavy back squats twice a week and that makes my quads grow. Just mind the technique

ironjunkie91

ironjunkie91

Awards
I do the same, I started doing sissy squats (not like the old school version) but with a sissy bench and it's make a HUGE difference in my quads. Just not getting the sweep like I want lol

bigmacdaddy18

bigmacdaddy18

Awards
Hack Squats. Heels together, toes pointed out and keep the heels on the platform. Also, lift your butt off of the pad, puts all the stress on the outer quads.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Anyone have any opinions on a way to put focus to better develope my quad sweep?
How tall are you? I know for me being 6'-2" its a pain in the ass to develop a quad sweep. I've always read that doing leg exercises (hack squats, leg press, etc.) with a closer stance will help develop the outer quad sweep. I'm also a big fan of walking BB lunges. They absolutely suck, but I've noticed some improvements from them over the last few months of doing them consistently.

bigmacdaddy18

bigmacdaddy18

Awards
5'9". I HATE lunges but do them everyday. I had a complete quad tendon tear 18 months ago and lunging is the one thing that my PT suggested I do daily. Yup, heels together and toes spread.

pike place

Awards
i recently broke my and for the last 3 weeks i have done nothing but train legs every damn day, my legs are decent nothing to brag about i lacked the sweep as you talk about. I'm terrible at consistently stretching but training legs everyday has forced me to stretch. with that being said i completely shocked my body training this way for 3 weeks and my legs have made more improvement in this 3 weeks than ever. my sweep night and day difference. i read up on stretching because I've heard stretching will help stretch the myofascia around the muscle which will allow the muscle room to grow and since I've been consistent with it i am a firm believer

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Variety with the power movements.

Squats, wide stance, close feet squats
Deads - feet close then sumo.

Granted may not focus completely on quad sweep but will defiitely fill everything out.....