Night Owl Diet

XJUSTICEX

XJUSTICEX

Awards
Started working night and it seems to be harder to eat. I feel as if I am not getting enought food in me. I was eatting a ton when I was working days. But with the random volumes with work it seems hard to get food in at the right time. Just wondering if anyone had a suggestion on how to kick start my bulking diet. This is my usual diet, seems like it is not enought and I need a way to kick start my hunger so it doesnt feel like im choking it all down...Any suggestions???? 5'6 180lbs 6% body fat

3pm-protein shake
4pm-oats/bannana/shake/supps
5pm-workout/bcaa drink
6pm-postworkout shake
7pm-chicken breast / oats
9pm-shake
11pm-shake/fruit
1am-meal/fruit/greek yogurt and supps
2-4am protein bar
7am- oats and a bannana

BB Ambitious

Awards
Find out what you're getting for protein/fat/carbs and how many calories you need for maintenance and just eat more than that, eat clean though, lots of veggies, good protein+fat...so on. Seems that the diet you have now isn't near enough nutrients or food really to bulk.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yea, and get mroe whole foods in too many shakes

unc21

unc21

Awards
  • Established
waaaaay too many shakes indeed. Need a lot more whole foods.

And your last meal of the day is all carbs, need to switch that.

Exposure

Exposure

Awards
Why so many shakes? I know it might be hard to eat at work, but keep some sanwicshes in yo pocket o sumthin playa!

manicstudio

Awards
I work nites as well...what I do is wake up round 9pm. Drink a oatmeal egg milk shake then eat 3 leg quarters n some potatoes right b4 work work @11....sip on tha previous shake while working(its a 1650cal shake takes drink half 1.5 hrs apart) when break hit, chow down on sum beefy chilli w beans...and a hr. Or 2 later eat natty peanut butter outta tha jar with a spoon the end...easy...all bout pre preping though...I cook n bulk once so I just dump stuff n tupperware bowls during tha workweek

Balance

Balance

Awards
As far as getting your hunger going during the night a lot of it has to do with changing your sleep schedule over to only days. I work nights as well and when I first started I was dropping weight because my body was so confused I was never really hungry and ended up taking food home with me just feeling sick. I know it sucks but on the weekends (or whatever days you have off) you really need to try to be up at relatively the same times as you are during your work week to let your body get adjusted, or as close to adjusted as you can get. You will probably never feel 100% right, I know I don't.
In regards to the eating I don't know what kind of work you are doing but for me working nights has allowed me to take far more short breaks instead of one large break since there is no one here breathing down my neck. This allows me to get in about 4 reasonable meals during my 12 hour shift and I am also eating when I wake up and when I get home.
Also, I agree with everyone else saying you gotta ditch some of those shakes and get real food in ya. 5 shakes and a protein bar?? Take some of that time you'd be shaking ur arm around to put some meat on the stove and tupperware it to work. Chewing is good.

XJUSTICEX

XJUSTICEX

Awards
Thanks guys for all your help. I will try harder to incorperate whole foods.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bell1986 Male Anti-Aging Medicine 33
Nutrition / Health 6
TallyBigDog Anabolics 6
Supplements 17
DavidR79 General Chat 26