Gained 1kg overnight

urkinusa

Awards
Hello, I've been lean bulking since January gaining about 200 grams a week. Went from 65kg to now just over 68kg.
A couple of weeks ago my main lifts started stalling so I added an extra 100 calories a day to my diet from 2900-3000.
That first week of adding 100 extra calories all my lifts started going up again, but my weight for the week didnt go up and stayed the same.

However this week, I apparently gained 1kg overnight 68.8kg-69.8kg and it's been there for almost the whole week and hasn't gone up or down ?? What would cause this ? I don't think an extra 100 calories a day would cause that much weight gain overnight considering the first week I added more Calories my weight stayed the same.. I've been eating the exact same foods daily and weighing it all out ect and weighing myself daily and getting the weekly average.

Went from gaining 200 grams a week, to nothing for a week, to 1kg overnight and it not dropping down after a week.

Damn all this bodybuilding stuff can get stressful and confusing.. my goal is to gain 1kg a month but it just randomly came overnight and hasn't dropped.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You naturally gain and loose weight every day. Depending on a million factors and it has nothing to do with how much actual tissue or fat you gained or lost. Its fluid and food in your gut/ Intestine.

Do yourself a gigantic favor and don't weigh yourself more than one time a week and make sure it's always first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sunday before breakfast i always take my weight. Daily Fluctuations are too much to track your weight day by day and be accurate. Espically If you work A manual labor job and you sweat more some days than others. Or Is training days versus non training days and so on.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
You naturally gain and loose weight every day. Depending on a million factors and it has nothing to do with how much actual tissue or fat you gained or lost. Its fluid and food in your gut/ Intestine.

Do yourself a gigantic favor and don't weigh yourself more than one time a week and make sure it's always first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.
I agree with everything here, except that IMHO weighing only once a week could lead to even more confusion.

My weight can fluctuate about 1-4 lbs inside a week without any actual increase or decrease in weight and if this week my weighing day happens to be my highest weight of the week and the next week it happens to be the lowest, or vice versa, it could create false assumptions on what's happening to my weight.

A lot of different ways to go about it and of course what suites me may not suite someone else, but what I do when I'm cutting is I weigh myself every morning on an empty stomach after bathroom and once a week the same day of the week write down the weight of that day and the lowest weight of the week (+ measure my waist) and follow the trend. This just for example on what I do personally.

Or one could weigh themselves a few times a week and calculate the average.

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
I weigh myself every morning fasted and fluctuate from 0.5kg to 1.5kg every day. As said above there are endless things that influence this.

You’ll get a better understanding of your actual weight if you just weigh yourself monthly. I do it daily as I’m currently messing around with my macros, not to see my true body weight