Can we stil lget ripped without drugs?

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Serious question - am i wasting my time?
Ive been on a calorie deficite for a while now, training 3 times a week, weights.

Talk about body dismorphia, Im so far away from anything youd find in a magasine - no abs, belly fay and sides i cant shift

Despite training as hard as i can (cant lift anything, any more in a session) and watchign carefully what I eat, hitting macros and protein intake, im not looking like the adonis i want to.. not even close.

Really starting to rack me off now! I'll keep going, keep trying but i feel like im wasting my time. Even ostarine sent my with high BP, so nothing is gonna help me

Eight

Eight

Awards
You can certainly still lose fat, no matter what else is going on. If you're not, you're not trying hard enough / doing it wrong.

Building muscle is clearly going to be more difficult, the older you get. Sucks. I gave up on staying natural; figured if I was going to kill myself in the gym 4-5 times a week (sometimes more) alongside everything else, then I should at least get to enjoy some progress.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Ever tried jump rope? 20-30 mins each day. Works very well for me when I'm on a cut. Sprints are also a great tool for shedding stubborn fat.

sandpig

sandpig

Awards
  • Established
You didn't say anything about cardio?

Also there's a possibility that you are not eating enough and your metabolism has crawled to a standstill

sandpig

sandpig

Awards
  • Established
BTW, I'm 52. Yes I'm on drugs but it's not for fat burning puposes.

Losing fat is the easy part. Putting on muscle is the hard part.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
The most ripped I've ever been was drug free when I was boxing and doing minimal weights, nothing but bench squat chins and deadlifts. But boxing was 5 days a week, no running, just jumping rope, bags and sparing 2hours a day. Pretty sure your not gonna get ripped lifting 3x a week with nothing else

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
By "drugs", does that include prohormones, or are you strictly talking about AAS?

gaz7456

gaz7456

Awards
So i don't do prohormones or drugs, apart from trying Ostarine for 2 weeks and throwing the stuff away.

Of course there's ripped and ripped, but naturally you can get to a decent condition with hard work, patience and consistency.

This is just on a car washing day without any special prep, dieting or training beforehand

Attachments

Industrial

Industrial

Awards
So i don't do prohormones or drugs, apart from trying Ostarine for 2 weeks and throwing the stuff away.

Of course there's ripped and ripped, but naturally you can get to a decent condition with hard work, patience and consistency.

This is just on a car washing day without any special prep, dieting or training beforehand
Nice bro, looking straight up beefy as hell. I would love to look like that and am working towards it

gaz7456

gaz7456

Awards
Thanks buddy. It is definitely achievable. I have no special genes.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Serious question - am i wasting my time?
Ive been on a calorie deficite for a while now, training 3 times a week, weights.

Talk about body dismorphia, Im so far away from anything youd find in a magasine - no abs, belly fay and sides i cant shift

Despite training as hard as i can (cant lift anything, any more in a session) and watchign carefully what I eat, hitting macros and protein intake, im not looking like the adonis i want to.. not even close.

Really starting to rack me off now! I'll keep going, keep trying but i feel like im wasting my time. Even ostarine sent my with high BP, so nothing is gonna help me
It might be worth getting a hormone profile done. I was working with a guy that was putting in way too much effort for his results. I asked him a couple of questions and he had blood work done. His test levels were abysmal and he was a lifelong natural. Once he got on TRT things turned around for him. Yes he's on drugs but for a medical need.

Toff

Awards
  • Established
might be a good idea.

suffering anxiety, belly fat, despite my diet being pretty damn good 95% of the time and working out hard, it could be im swimming upstream.

Im in the uk, where can i get a profile? the docs? I can get online tesosterone tests

APC80

APC80

Awards
I've the same problem mate, can never get rid of the bit of fat on my lower abs. I'm lean now but still have that soft look around my middle starting to wonder is it low test causing it. I'm in the uk as well but no idea how go to my dr about it.

Eight

Eight

Awards
Im in the uk, where can i get a profile? the docs? I can get online tesosterone tests
I was pretty happy with the service from Medichecks. They have a range of hormone tests.

If your doc will do them though, that's free and potentially more accurate (more accurate than a finger-prick test anyway). But it might depend on how good a doc you have - mine are ****ing useless.

Jamescaan

Awards
Well don't look at the people in magazine or social media. Find a program that you can stick to and maintain in your daily life. Fitness/working out is a part of your life don't let it consume you.

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
Try mixing up your training split to see which works best for you to add muscle. Example is high volume or low volume and heavier weight etc. maybe even combine both methods.

Toff

Awards
  • Established
oh im mixing it up its different each time, heavy, slow reps fast reps slow negative, high reps lower weight, etc.
tracking calories, struggle to hit 1800

Week 6 im pretty beat im not seeing results - might have to find some ECA as I couldnt handle the Yohimbine

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
gaz7456- how old are you? That is impressive regardless of age.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
How long have you been at the deficit man? You can get away with that for up to 12 weeks or so, but after that you need to start increasing calories a little bit to rev that metabolism up.

Someone mentioned it a bit earlier in this thread. Check out a website called Eat To Perform. Try upping calories to 2000 and increase carbs a tinge just for the sake of being able to actually lift when you hit the weights. You won't be setting PRs in a deficit, but when you crash hard you gotta ease up a bit on yourself.

You having refill days if you're low carbing it?

gaz7456

gaz7456

Awards
mid 40s. Thank you for the complement.
I agree with an earlier post that you need to work in cycles of calorie deficit, because your body will get used to it.
But dropping fat is essentially just burning more calories than you consume and getting to a level where the body fat % is low enough to give you the natural ripped look.
It takes years rather than months and then it is about finding a lifestyle and diet that permits this level to be maintained pretty much year round.
I've been training over 30 years consistently.

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
With no steroid on the scene, u can be a chicken and shredded yeah but that's it. Just take a look on Jon Jones before he got suspended of the UFC.
Mike O'Hearn bro.

Despite the numerous times people say "ROIDS!!!!", he's passed every single drug test that the INBA threw at him. All random and sheeeeit.

Look at this page and him at 14 years old lol

aretheyonsteroids+com/mike-ohearn-steroids-or-natural/

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
With no steroid on the scene, u can be a chicken and shredded yeah but that's it. Just take a look on Jon Jones before he got suspended of the UFC.
I don't need to look at anyone, I know what can be achieved naturally, seeing as i have done it. Train naturally for 7-8 years with an actual proper programming and nutrition and see what you can achieve...

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
I'm natty and I look like a walking bottle of tren

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just do your research. Guys who are on steroids will swear on their mothers grave they've never touched it and then preach about how they've been training for 13 years and their amazing program and diet blah blah blah. Gear users lie consistently. They're more likely to admit they beat their mother than admit to steroid use. You'll never look like the guys in the magazines without steroids. That's a fact. You'll also never be at 4-6 percent bodyfat naturally without looking completely emaciated. You can't have full dense muscles at 4-6 percent bodyfat naturally and that is what's considered shredded. Of course guys will respond and say "I've done that!"But truth is the same guys who are claiming to be 6 percent are really 10-11 percent. Do your research and truly understand what is achievable naturally. Even guys who think they know what's achievable naturally don't know sh1t because in order to really get it you have to throw away your ego. I will say that once you've set truly realistic goals in favor toward your REAL genetic potential (not some BS potential your ego is telling you you can reach) you will reach your goals much much faster. Oh and in case I didnt mention it everyone lies in this industry. Everyone. 95 percent of it is complete BS. Without steroids this industry wouldn't even exist

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just do your research. Guys who are on steroids will swear on their mothers grave they've never touched it and then preach about how they've been training for 13 years and their amazing program and diet blah blah blah. Gear users lie consistently. They're more likely to admit they beat their mother than admit to steroid use. You'll never look like the guys in the magazines without steroids. That's a fact. You'll also never be at 4-6 percent bodyfat naturally without looking completely emaciated. You can't have full dense muscles at 4-6 percent bodyfat naturally and that is what's considered shredded. Of course guys will respond and say "I've done that!"But truth is the same guys who are claiming to be 6 percent are really 10-11 percent. Do your research and truly understand what is achievable naturally. Even guys who think they know what's achievable naturally don't know sh1t because in order to really get it you have to throw away your ego. I will say that once you've set truly realistic goals in favor toward your REAL genetic potential (not some BS potential your ego is telling you you can reach) you will reach your goals much much faster. Oh and in case I didnt mention it everyone lies in this industry. Everyone. 95 percent of it is complete BS. Without steroids this industry wouldn't even exist
Well you are talking extremes here, im trying to point out you can achieve size and leanness naturally. Pointing out it is possible to not be chicken skinny and shredded.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Why not use gear? going by your posting you use every other substance under the sun..
Since I already look like I do, it's one less chemical I have to put in my body

My natty stack isn't too intense these days:

multivitamin
fish oil
probiotic
OL Triumph
OL CU
Epichatechin product
Xtend BCAA
PES select protein

That isn't too bad. I used to take a lot more

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm natty and I look like a walking bottle of tren
Yep, I remember your posts a few years back. Don't you have some crazy genetics in you family? I thought I remembered your dad being a pro hockey player turned bodybuilder or something.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
honestly, one has to compare everything...

personally, I can go about 3 weeks without losing any strength. no kidding.

but if I go 2 days without cardio, I can feel it...

I know some guys that will gain 3-4 pounds and look massive, whereas I can gain 15 and not show much of a difference. But I'm also a ,much better athlete than them, too...

I will never be a decent bodybuilder. even if I was on a ton of drugs, I know a bunch of natural guys that would beat me...

as I get older, the battle to stay lean is a constant, but maintaining strength is a breeze.

also, I have to re-iterate this point: you didn't gain the weight overnight.... so don't expect to lose it overnight, either.

with that being said, if your goal is to lose bodyfat, then your training/diet/supplements needs to be prioritized for that. also, if you haven't gotten bloodwork (testosterone, thyroid, estradiol, etc) done, I would get checked out. If you're getting older, then you might have some problems there pop up...

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established

I know some guys that will gain 3-4 pounds and look massive, whereas I can gain 15 and not show much of a difference. But I'm also a ,much better athlete than them, too...

I will never be a decent bodybuilder. even if I was on a ton of drugs, I know a bunch of natural guys that would beat me...

as I get older, the battle to stay lean is a constant, but maintaining strength is a breeze.

also, I have to re-iterate this point: you didn't gain the weight overnight.... so don't expect to lose it overnight, either.

with that being said, if your goal is to lose bodyfat, then your training/diet/supplements needs to be prioritized for that. also, if you haven't gotten bloodwork (testosterone, thyroid, estradiol, etc) done, I would get checked out. If you're getting older, then you might have some problems there pop up...
Indeed. After I lost a bunch of weight, I tried to help a friend as well. I told him the same thing... We didn't get fat overnight.

And even once you hit "shredded" it's not like you suddenly stop and you're done. It's a lifestyle.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
also, I should point out that some people's goals are not compatible with their genetics, lifestyle, etc.

I had a buddy in college that complained when we lifted that he wasn't seeing the same results as me. well, he's a competitive amateur triathlete now.... he found what he was good at and ran with it (pardon the pun).

on the flip side, I suspect I could make a successful pro run in MMA now, even at my age, if I was willing to do the training (4 hrs day vs 1) and fix my diet (eat 100% right vs 75%).... but I'm not willing to make that sacrifice right now. I have a family, and career, and they demand my time. I'm comfortable focusing on getting healthy and in better shape, but I can't exclude them, either.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Agree with all of this. Strength training both gaining and maintaining has always been easy for me, primarily because of genetics and I know this. Cardio on the other hand, is something I constantly work at. I train muay thai and krav maga, which requires a very high level of cadio so I make a point of biking 3-4 days a week, HIIT, running, etc to keep it up. If I go a week without, I am gassed.

bruno.camilo

bruno.camilo

Awards
  • Established
The challenge here is being natty, ripped and heavy weight.

Impossible.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Well don't look at the people in magazine or social media. Find a program that you can stick to and maintain in your daily life. Fitness/working out is a part of your life don't let it consume you.
This.

You're going to be dead soon. No time for worrying about magazines & ****.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Find proof otherwise, "bro"
Okay. Let's just say O'hearn is natural. He is literally 1/7,000,000,000 people that looks that way. The odds of anyone achieving it are non existent. Therefor you don't have a point.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay. Let's just say O'hearn is natural. He is literally 1/7,000,000,000 people that looks that way. The odds of anyone achieving it are non existent. Therefor you don't have a point.
Brother we don't even have to bother saying that maybe he is Natty. And all of us that have any kind of sense no he's not Natty he knows he's not Natty it's too ridiculous to say otherwise.
What's messed up is that he knows he's lying and uneducated people believe it.
He's deceiving people for money.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your rightbro
He's just getting bigger and stronger the older he gets.
No drugs....just organic duck eggs
Progressive overload bro splits
Hehehehe

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Brother we don't even have to bother saying that maybe he is Natty. And all of us that have any kind of sense no he's not Natty he knows he's not Natty it's too ridiculous to say otherwise.
What's messed up is that he knows he's lying and uneducated people believe it.
He's deceiving people for money.
Lol true

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
organic duck eggs, shot straight into his buttocks:lol:

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
It's possible, I've done it. Ripped up from a legit diet.... building the muscle is the hard part. I think each person has a point where they can get shredded at a certain size. Pushing beyond your frame and staying cut is not possible for most, unless some types of PEDs are used. Those that can get huge and cut without PEDs are an anomaly.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Nice motivation!