My blood work results

Bradruz

Awards
Hi all,

I had a testosterone blood test and have the results, I'm not sure everything was covered but the ones I had done have come back normal. Appreciate if those more knowledgeable could take a look?

Thanks

Male 41yo
Renal profile
Liver function
Free Testosterone (CALC)
Serum albumin 46 g/L (range 35.00 - 50.00g/L)
Serum testosterone 11.0 nmol/L (range 8.40 - 28.70nmol/L)
Free Testosterone (calculated) 0.183 nmol/L (range 0.17 - 0.59nmol/L)
Serum sex hormne binding glob (SHBG) 41.6 nmol/L (range 17.30 - 65.80nmol/L)
Serum prostate specific Ag level 0.6 ug/L (range 0.00 - 2.00ug/L)
Serum FSH level 4.5 iu/L (range 1.40 - 18.10iu/L)
Serum LH level 5.1 iu/L (range 1.50 - 9.30iu/L)
Serum oestradiol level 94 pmol/L (range 0.00 - 146.00pmol/L)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
FYI- you always need to post ranges since there are multiple labs available.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, you definitely don't have everything, but from what is posted all looks fine. Your free test is on the low side, but not abnormal.

How do you feel? That is the real question.

Bradruz

Awards
I have felt like I've had some symptoms of low test such as low libido, tiredness, mood etc and the inability to lose body fat or put on any muscle.

I tried DHEA and felt really good from it, clearer head and more energy, just felt kind of normal. I then tried DAA which increased my libido but seemed to taper down all the good feelings after a few weeks.

I stopped taking anything for a while and have been back low libido tiredness etc.

Spoke to the doc and had the tests. I've started to take DHEA again for the last 3 days and have felt a slight improvement already.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you levels are low, taking pregnenolone and/or DHEA can make a world of difference with energy, memory, and over all well being. I take it with my TRT.

Your story about DAA is very common and more people seem to report negative experiences than positive. I fell into the marketing when it first came out and before I was on TRT and it dramatically increased my estrogen, crushed test, and gave me terrible headaches. It took 1-2 months before I felt normal again.

Bradruz

Awards
Not heard of pregnenolone.

I sometimes suffer with headaches and found they went with DHEA.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What dose of dhea do u fellas recommend? Do u take it orally or td?

Bradruz

Awards
I take 50mg a day although I'm just trying 75mg, 3 x 25mg spread out.

I have taken ic3 also but not sure that makes much of a difference, it's meant to keep test.

I have heard of pregnelone actually but not having with DHEA, do you recommend looking into that?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am biased because pregnenolone and DHEA have changed my life like nothing else outside of TRT. So would I recommend pregnenolone? Wholeheartedly. I love DHEA with it, but I only take it a few times a week because that is all that is needed to keep my levels at the top of the range and anything more has me seeing an increase in e2.

Bradruz

Awards
Interesting, is that both of them a few times a week or just DHEA?

What dosages?

How to measure too much e2?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
50mg Preg sublingually and 25mg DHEA 2x a week. Generally I just take it on my inject days for ease of maintenance. I took it daily when I first started as I was low, but now this keeps me right at the top.

Bradruz

Awards
I guess your trt injections mean you only need it twice a week?

What would you recommend to boost my low free test? DHEA and preg everyday?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess your trt injections mean you only need it twice a week? What would you recommend to boost my low free test? DHEA and preg everyday?
Actually, I think Kisaj uses this "twice a week" injection protocol to "even out" the test levels in his bloodstream. Injecting large amounts once a week or every two weeks, like so many docs insist on, cause the test levels to spike high and then are crashed by the time the next injection is needed.