61yo and Just Started Lifting 3 Years Ago

clearfield

clearfield

Awards
OK, I got a late start. I started lifting 2-3 times a week with a trainer and got my weight down from 205 to 165 at 19%bf.

I'm now a rookie personal trainer working out 4-5 times a week with a friend who is a trainer.

Now trying to bulk. Using Cellucor's P6 product along with Herbalife Prepare (creatine) and Herbalife Restore Strength protein.

What better options are out there if any for me? Thanks

ronsunny

Awards
congratulations on a late start, better late than never.
have you checked your testosterone levels? if no do so my friend
at 61 i do not recommended creatine for you, it has many side effects
in fact you should be on hormone replacement if needed, nothing works better than the real thing
every supplement in the market is trying to do the same thing test does but with no real results
i tried it all in 20 years lifting and testosterone is the best.
also consume organic protein powders because the regular powders contain hormones and chemicals that are given to the cows, therefore passing to you when you consume them. witch are not healthy for humans .
if you choose not to i recommend ad3 or erase pro , without a doubt the best
also i recommend no2 black, the combination of these two and clean protein will help you a lot
good luck

clearfield

clearfield

Awards
Thanks. I have a normal T reading but normal for 61 isn't normal for a 61yo lifting. The Herbalife Restore Strength is all natural. Hope that helps! I'll call my doc. If the insurance company definitely says no because of my normal T levels, then what should I do?

ronsunny

Awards
what are your numbers?
also normal ranges from 450 to 1200 if the insurance does not cover the test dont worry
get the prescription from your dr and pay for it out of your pocket it will cost you for a 10 ml vial witch is good for 10 weeks 100 dollars plus 20 for seringes and its sooooooooooooooooooooo worth it, you will feel like a teen again
its not expensive at all and when done correctly is not dangerous at all, i have been on test for 2 years myself

clearfield

clearfield

Awards
Don't know except that my doc said they are absolutely normal. If I take a test now, the P6 will skew the results. Whats on your mind? :)

ronsunny

Awards
you must find the right doctor and by that i do not mean a crooked one, a doctor that understands about hormone replacement, unfortunately not all drs know enough about this, hormone replacement for men has only been arround for 20 years but is well understood
i think you considered test in the future once you do stop supplements exept erase pro
good luck my frien keep me posted

clearfield

clearfield

Awards
Fair enough. Even of I can get him to prescribe (which he might do), what products are out there that my insurance will pay for. Testosterone Cypionate isn't covered. What kind of options are out there. NEED to stay 100% legal.

ronsunny

Awards
yes always legal that way i can sleep at night hahaha
my insurance does cover it but other choices are pallets, andro gel axiron and a few more
they cannot compare to injectable i am sorry to say
i tried them all, in my opinion they suck
they are very very expensive and not great

clearfield

clearfield

Awards
Many thanks. So should I be trying to get the injectable Testosterone Cypionate generic prescribed and pay for it outta my pocket (which i'm willing to do)? Bob

ronsunny

Awards
yes bob i am ron nice to meet you

is your best option my friend, i use watson testosterone cipyonate 200 mg 10cc vial watson is generic, dont buy single shot vials they are more expensive always 10 cc vials they are cheaper

clearfield

clearfield

Awards
Thanks Ron.

How much are they $ and what is the usual dosage?

ronsunny

Awards
the andrgel and axiron are apply daily or every other day and they cost more than 300 dollars for a 4 week supply
the test cyp 10cc about 100 plus 20 for seringes and is a 10 week supply

ronsunny

Awards
you are welcome myfriend the erase pro cost 39 dollars at amazon and is a 30 day supply
is great to use it with test because it will prevent too much estrogen in your blood is safe and very effective

ronsunny

Awards
no i am not insane are you? be nice or get out. is only a suggestion he is a grown man and makes his own decisions
the reason i recommended that to him is because i am realistic, at our age my friend we dont have much time left, and i suggested him to go to his dr to check his numbers or any dr that knows about the subject,besides i use test i dont abuse test, there is a big difference, hope you understand, god bless you

clearfield

clearfield

Awards
I've known my doctor for over 30 years and he knows my body well. If he doesn't like the idea of TRT, its a dead issue for me.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i do not recommended creatine for you, it has many side effects
Can you elaborate more on the "many" assuming you mean negative?!
And or link or list the sides with any references?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Talk to your doc, get PSA checked, and see if this is something you can explore. At 61, you have every right to get everything you can from life and your body. If your doc knows you that well, then he'll understand.

Also, I'd feel more comfortable taking prescription test than an OTC supplement any day.

ronsunny

Awards
i agree bob supplements are not regulated but test is a schedule 3 drug
is well known and safe if use normally
bodybuilders use up to 1000 mg per week plus other drugs stack together, you will probably use 200 mg weekly or by weekly
dont worry so much is safe

clearfield

clearfield

Awards
Thanks Ron, that's been my point all along. I'm going to stay 100% legal.

IF my doctor approves it, the insurance company doesn't list it in their formulary which means out of pocket.

Out of pocket, I'm looking legal reputable inexpensive sources to send the script to for filling.

Am I crazy (yet)?

Bob

ronsunny

Awards
legal is in my opinion the best way to go
i know people that buy test in the internet without knowing what they really are getting , some sites sell the real thing but you have to watch out for impurities and how it was made, it was not made in a control lab fda instead is made in a bathroom or room that is not clean.
is your life dont be afraid and if dr sais ok go for it, you will thank me later

clearfield

clearfield

Awards
So................

Assuming that my doctor gives me the go ahead writes the script, where is the best place for me to go to get the prescription filled?

ronsunny

Awards
best place is a local pharmacy any will do does not matter.
another choice if you want more privacy is online pharmacies, make sure they are legit and certified by the national association of online pharmacies, look it up in google
just put legit online pharmacies, and pick one
but just get it locally , is the best

ronsunny

Awards
by the way you look great buddy, leep it up
the more you work out the better you feel

ronsunny

Awards
haha, no really i wish you great success in anything you do, good luck keep me posted bob

Hammer57

Awards
You look great for only 3 years into the game

The injectable testosterone may be a bit more effective but it also can raise your hemoglobin and hematocrit levels much higher than the Androgel or Axion. Make sure you monitor your blood levels on the testosterone regardless of what method you use. You don't want to end up with a stroke or blood clot. I have been on various types of test for 4 years. I needed to phlebotomize on a regular basis due to the increase in my H/H. I finally reached the point where my levels have normalized without giving a 500 cc withdrawal every 4 - 6 weeks. Also watch your estradiol levels as testosterone can aromatize and form estrogen which will counter your efforts. I use 3- 20.25mg pumps per day of Androgel 1.62% and my test levels are in the top quartile and I feel good. This compares to 1200 level slightly above the normal scale range when using 0.5 mg/week of test cypianate. I do cardio 4 times per week and lift 4 times per week. Don't expect miracles from TRT if you keep your levels in the normal range. You must train hard and eat clean or you won't make any gains. If nothing else, you will feel better than before. I have found that there are not that many docs that are well trained in this area so the hardest part of the journey is finding a doctor that knows what they are talking about.

Good luck

ronsunny

Awards
all forms of testosterone can do the same no matter the delivery system ,
the key is to try to keep levels about the same range witch could be kind of tricky, extra red blood cells simply means that you have a higher level than before .
in order to get a blood clot like you say , those levels only will be reach with extreme amounts of test. high amounts of red blood cells means more endurasnce
men in europe are laughing at us for beeng so stupid when it comes to test replkacement.
it has been used for 27 years in europe without any problems, so stop thinking so much about your numbers and enjoy the well beeng

shealym

Awards
Welcome old timer from another old timer. i am 62. I have been using ageforce products for some time and swear by them. If you have any questions email me at [email protected] for quickest reply