Yates' OL log (with some SD)

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rest is key in growing I hate off day too but remember you grow at home not not in the gym
True that! I'm a strong believer in listening to my body

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Leg day! Tried to hit it hard despite the raging sunburn.
Bb squats
135×18
135×17
185×12
205×10
225×10
3 sets 275×5
Leg press
12 plates× 6, 4 sets
Hyper extensions 4 sets
DB lunges 4 sets
I felt a lot better today than my last leg day, I wish I would have had another 30 min at the gym to hit them a little bit harder. Up 4 pounds this first week to 185

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sunburns are insane

Isn't it mind bending that that ball of heat is 90 million miles away and STILL torches.your skin!?

The suns diameter is 870,000 miles FFS!!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's like a joke...here's your sole source of light, by the way it also burns you and gives you cancer, you're welcome.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sunburns are insane

Isn't it mind bending that that ball of heat is 90 million miles away and STILL torches.your skin!?

The suns diameter is 870,000 miles FFS!!
Damn homie I didn't even know what maldextrin something was now we got science up in here.

I only know 2 formulas

BIG JUICE + BIG FOOD= BIG BOY
BIG JUICE +LOW CARBS =shredded

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2015041195074639-1-1.jpg

Had to crop these a whole bunch but here are some pics from today

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2015041195074545-1-1-1-1.jpg

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was about to ask for some befores. Alright now we'll see the growth begin!!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was about to ask for some befores. Alright now we'll see the growth begin!!
These are pretty much befores, I'm only up 4 pounds and I can't get any of my pics from last week to size down enough. Stupid phone.....

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Hell yea bro, you look shredded already, shoulders/traps and arms looking beefy and your backs comin in good, lookin forward to the end result!

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Damn homie I didn't even know what maldextrin something was now we got science up in here.

I only know 2 formulas

BIG JUICE + BIG FOOD= BIG BOY
BIG JUICE +LOW CARBS =shredded
that's exactly how ive always looked at it too minus the juice part lol

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chest day!
Was feeling good this morning and got some good $$$$$ even though I suck at incline
Incline Bb press
135×12 (3 sets)
165×7 (3 sets)
flat dB press
Ran the rack from 45's to 80's so 8 sets
Flat Bb bench superset w/ incline dB press
4 sets
Pec deck superset w/ incline dB flyes 3 sets
I was super pumped after this one, I am planning to focus on incline a little more in the coming weeks. Thanks for the motivation KilaCali! If anyone else has any advice please feel free to post it, I am always up for good suggestions

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Chest day!
Was feeling good this morning and got some good $$$$$ even though I suck at incline
Incline Bb press
135×12 (3 sets)
165×7 (3 sets)
flat dB press
Ran the rack from 45's to 80's so 8 sets
Flat Bb bench superset w/ incline dB press
4 sets
Pec deck superset w/ incline dB flyes 3 sets
I was super pumped after this one, I am planning to focus on incline a little more in the coming weeks. Thanks for the motivation KilaCali! If anyone else has any advice please feel free to post it, I am always up for good suggestions
HELL YEA! sounds like a kickass workout there must of had a mega pump goin there!! and your welcome bro, anytime I can help someone for the better! im always tryin to stay up with the latest training styles and so fourth and taking whats most beneficial towards my body and implementing always and if I can help someone else possibly feel better about themselves im on it! hope your day kicks ass

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HELL YEA! sounds like a kickass workout there must of had a mega pump goin there!! and your welcome bro, anytime I can help someone for the better! im always tryin to stay up with the latest training styles and so fourth and taking whats most beneficial towards my body and implementing always and if I can help someone else possibly feel better about themselves im on it! hope your day kicks ass
It has, hit some good deadlifts this morning and then took my kid on his first train ride. Thinking about going for a bike ride in a little bit

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Sweet, train ride??? and bringing out the bike sounds good, been some awesome weather for it out here too.

707kid

Awards
Workouts are looking good bro. Howre the calories going? I know im having a rough time keeping them up.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Workouts are looking good bro. Howre the calories going? I know im having a rough time keeping them up.
Its tough but I'm keeping them up. Some days you just need a break to let your stomach catch up. Days like that I drink a lot of milk to keep my calories up. I've been getting this cold filtered milk that has barely any sodium or sugar, and no lactose. It has double the protein and calcium, makes up short calories on those tough days!

707kid

Awards
Its tough but I'm keeping them up. Some days you just need a break to let your stomach catch up. Days like that I drink a lot of milk to keep my calories up. I've been getting this cold filtered milk that has barely any sodium or sugar, and no lactose. It has double the protein and calcium, makes up short calories on those tough days!
Whats it called? I tried something like that called Fairlife. Its okay, just expensive. I gave in and got some Mass Gainer. I'm using a half serving and putting it in the blender with my regular stuff. Now my shake is about 1000 calories, but it takes me awhile to drink it.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Hell yea I need that kind of milk, and I go the mass gainer route as well when I cant continue to eat all day, its actually a little cheaper and sometimes a lot better anyways with all the aminos and protein they have.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whats it called? I tried something like that called Fairlife. Its okay, just expensive. I gave in and got some Mass Gainer. I'm using a half serving and putting it in the blender with my regular stuff. Now my shake is about 1000 calories, but it takes me awhile to drink it.
That's the stuff, Fairlane I believe. A mass gainer is good but most of them have a crap profile. Check out rival us clean gainer, has fats from flax and avacado and carbs from blueberry, quinoa, barley, and other good stuff like that. I typically use the gainer after workouts with good results

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The gym was actually crowded on a sunday, that doesn't happen very often. No one got in my way though, I guess it looked like I was on a mission!
Deadlifts
135×18
185×10
225×10
275×7
315×5
365×3
T bar row superset w/ dB row
4 sets 8 each
Bw pull ups superset w/ behind the head pull downs
4 sets 7-10 each
Stiff arm pull downs
3 sets 8-10
Smith machine shrugs
4 sets 12
Goldberg shrugs
4 sets 9-12
Machine preacher curls
4 sets 15-18
Reverse curls
4 sets 12-15

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tried to find a video on Goldberg Shrugs but couldn't. Do tell...

Great workout by the way.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tried to find a video on Goldberg Shrugs but couldn't. Do tell...

Great workout by the way.
Thanks homie! Goldbergs are probably some prison **** someone came up with but I like them for traps. Sitting on a bench with 2 dumbells at your side, you pull said db's up right below your chin until db's are almost touching. There is a pause and contraction at the top in your traps. Repeat. Hope I explained these okay

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
hahaha Yates. Your signature.

use yates30 for 30% off or use yates30 for 35%. Its like a gamble. hahaha jkjk

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hahaha Yates. Your signature.

use yates30 for 30% off or use yates30 for 35%. Its like a gamble. hahaha jkjk
Oops, I messed up. I appreciate that, will fix it now!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh good Ole superdrol. .that's a nice compound
Very versatile I like to eat m&ms with mine.

Can I make a confession?
Go for it, we are all friends here

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Goldberg Shrugs sounds pretty freaking awesome, Goldberg was like my hero growing up, still dig the dude, and I think dma can agree with me being bald and built to the hilt is pretty ****in awesome, it would be sweet to have that dudes traps for sure, im gonna have to implement those ! is that like a shrug into an upright row? are you turning your thumb inward as you go above your legs, I know I learned some similar ones from some guys in prison of course lol where you start seated with arms at sides and half the dumbbell is underneath you and you bring the dumbbell up and over into your lap until you touch the barbells together... pretty good moves for traps and side delts.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I'm definitely trying them tomorrow. I was doing them in my desk at work earlier, and I can tell with weight it will hit 'em hard.

And no, I don't mind being bald. Now fat and bald would suck.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Hell no fat and bald doesn't work LOL but the bald and built, were definitely a different breed in other peoples eyes.. a lot of people just don't have the right head for being bald either.. and if ya got traps to boot it really makes for some beastlyness

nbshazeezee

nbshazeezee

Awards
I don't care if I'm fat and bald as long as I can grow a bad ass goatee. Then I can ride my black and pearl Harley bobber like an OG

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Goldberg Shrugs sounds pretty freaking awesome, Goldberg was like my hero growing up, still dig the dude, and I think dma can agree with me being bald and built to the hilt is pretty ****in awesome, it would be sweet to have that dudes traps for sure, im gonna have to implement those ! is that like a shrug into an upright row? are you turning your thumb inward as you go above your legs, I know I learned some similar ones from some guys in prison of course lol where you start seated with arms at sides and half the dumbbell is underneath you and you bring the dumbbell up and over into your lap until you touch the barbells together... pretty good moves for traps and side delts.
That's the move bro, I guess you've seen it in action before! Yesterday was an off day but I'm ready for some shoulders this morning. This stuff is kicking, I've got the on feeling and I'm starting to look swole in the mirror. I'm ready for the tren to be added in!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's the move bro, I guess you've seen it in action before! Yesterday was an off day but I'm ready for some shoulders this morning. This stuff is kicking, I've got the on feeling and I'm starting to look swole in the mirror. I'm ready for the tren to be added in!

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
LOL nbshazeezee your awesome man.
Good stuff yates that's sweet glad to hear it!!! this is going to be one hell of a cycle, I can see you gaining 10-15lbs of solid muscle from this run, you started with a really solid base.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hit some shoulders before work, nice little session.
Military press
95×15
95×16
115×12
115×11
135×8
135×7
4 sets Arnold press
4 sets upright rows drop sets
4 sets side lateral raises drop sets
4 sets Bb front raises superset w/ rear delt machine
Weight was up another 2 pounds making a 6 pound gain so far. Looking forward to some leg work this morning

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's the stuff, Fairlane I believe. A mass gainer is good but most of them have a crap profile. Check out rival us clean gainer, has fats from flax and avacado and carbs from blueberry, quinoa, barley, and other good stuff like that. I typically use the gainer after workouts with good results
Fuel : one just put out a mass gainer that's similar, carbs including quinoa.

Btw, catching up and 4500 cals! Jeez, i struggle when bulking to hit over 2700.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fuel : one just put out a mass gainer that's similar, carbs including quinoa.

Btw, catching up and 4500 cals! Jeez, i struggle when bulking to hit over 2700.
My maintenance is stupid high, I weighed 105 pounds when I graduated high school. If I don't eat over 3000 calories I lose weight. I will probably still cut up once I jump on tr3n, even st 4500 calories

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When does the tr3n start? Im running some now while waiting for my ace to come in. I'm running a pretty healthy dose and night sweats subsided in about 4 days

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tren is starting on friday! SD is kicking my ass to be honest, I want to go take a nap. It's hard to get moving in the morning but I will make it. Nothing a little trest pwo won't fix!