Wild Game and its nutritional benefits

psycho

psycho

Awards
Anyone here like me? I am also a big time hunter and love the nutritional values of wild game. I am mostly a whitetail deer hunter, but also hunt black bear on occasion and eastern wild turkey.. This thread about wild game mainly pertains to deer meat(venison). This stuff has everything we should look for in red meat. Its high in Protein, real low in fat, and has great quantities of the good cholesterol. Here is a quick nutritional value chart.. If I find another Ill post it..

Venison, 3.5 oz. (99g) (raw)
Calories: 120
Protein: 22.9g
Carbohydrate: 0.0g
Total Fat: 2.4g
Fiber: 0.0g
*Excellent source of: Riboflavin (0.48mg), and Vitamin B12 (6.3mcg)
*Good source of: Iron (3.4mg), and Zinc (2.1mg)

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I love deer hunting. I didn't get one this year, but a buddy gave me one. Made 30 or so pounds of venison sausage out of it. Yum :)

psycho

psycho

Awards
I love deer hunting. I didn't get one this year, but a buddy gave me one. Made 30 or so pounds of venison sausage out of it. Yum :)
I happened to get 4 does this year.. I was after bucks, but got blood thirsty and took it out on some unsuspecting does.. HEHE...... Ive taken 12 deer over the last 3 years.. 6 in 2004 2 last year and 4 this year..

Deer is so lean and if cooked right, people compare it to filet mignon or a good slab of beef.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Wow.. nice job! I just didn't have enough time to get out hunting much this year. Hopefully next year will be different :)

The only thing I added to the venison besides seasonings, was 2 cups of olive oil. I don't like mixing pork in with my venison. I like to taste only the deer!

psycho

psycho

Awards
same here... I add more spice in burgers and steaks.. Then alot of ground deer goers to chili... mmmmmmmmmm

Also got some summer sausage... :)

FYI777

Awards
Interestingly I was researching the supplement carnitine and there was a chart of the quantities of carnitine in different foods and I remember wild game as having the most quantity of carnitine in it.Less fat,more carnitine, wild game is definitely healthier.