Assault Labs Wild Thing Log and Review

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Assault Labs Wild Thing

Wanted to give a shout out to @LeanEngineer and @Afi140 for the opportunity to logs this! Also thank you for the shirt and shaker!

A little bit about myself: been Lifting seriously for 19 years or so. I’ve done powerlifting competitions in the past. I’ve tried every preworkout from the original NO Xplode, to the first DMAA products from ergopharm, jack3d, craze, you name it and unless it has yohimbe, I’ve tried it. Currently using moderate stim preworkouts or caffeine only ones for most training days and stronger stuff for focus, productivity, or 24 hour work days. I prefer products that give a kick of energy and focus but without wild heart rate increase or getting too stimmed to the point that it inhibits recovery between sets

Train with an emphasis for strength. Usually do quick sets of 4x20 as a warm up, then my main lift, then accessory/bodybuilding type stuff. For example a squat day would look like this:

Leg extension or belt squat 4x20
Glute game raise or hamstring 4x20
Abs
Main lift (squat variation)
Pull variation
Accessories

Stats:

Height: just under 5’11”
Weight: around 220
BF: not sure but I’m pretty lean and vascular. My scale says 13% but not sure how accurate that is. Currently a 33” waist

I think in my avatar pic I was like 24 was probably 185lbs so a big difference. Need to update it I just don’t care that much

Not as strong as usual right now just because of work but best lifts were a 415 paused bench, 550 squat, 600 dead. Probably about 30-40lbs less on these lifts currently.

Not that any of this is important but just figured I’d write out anything That might help the review.

I had used the original wild thing in the past and it provided everything I was looking for. I liked it enough to buy multiple tubs which is rare these days. Hoping to get a workout in later but we have 7 Christmas’s we attend between all of our family over Christmas Eve and Christmas so if u can’t squeeze it in today it will probably be the day after Christmas. Just wanted to get this up and running first.

Thanks to everyone following and can’t wait to try it.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wanted to give a shout out to @LeanEngineer and @Afi140 for the opportunity to logs this! Also thank you for the shirt and shaker!
You're welcome! Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ended up absolutely slammed all day today and yesterday as I predicted. Day after Christmas will get one in

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ended up absolutely slammed all day today and yesterday as I predicted. Day after Christmas will get one in
Day after christmas is always a good workout for me because i'm full of carbs from eatting all day on christmas :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: SBH
CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Unfortunately for me I didn’t make it. Family didn’t end up leaving until after 1am and we cleaned the essentials until 3am. Was dead all day yesterday. Have an 18 hour work day today and tomorrow so Friday will be the day. Really sorry for the delay guys it’s just been insane around here

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well got off work today because my dad broke his hip and had to have surgery. So with any luck I will try to get a workout in at my house tonight and give this a go finally. If not, tomorrow I definitely am

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys! Been a bit rough with my dad situation. Having a real hard time keeping his blood and oxygen levels stable. He’s very weak from prior strokes and In a lot of pain because he can only take Tylenol. Anything else drops his BP too much. Been really occupied with that.

However, about to take my first serving of wild thing finally!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks guys! Been a bit rough with my dad situation. Having a real hard time keeping his blood and oxygen levels stable. He’s very weak from prior strokes and In a lot of pain because he can only take Tylenol. Anything else drops his BP too much. Been really occupied with that.

However, about to take my first serving of wild thing finally!
Hey got to take care of family first man totally understandable!
I bet you will enjoy the pre workout today though! What flavor did you get again?

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So I got the Strawberry Mango rush. I usually dry scoop preworkout in the car on the way to the gym but for review purposes mixed one scoop in about 8 ounces of water. Really enjoyed this flavor. It’s got a slight hint of something that gives depth of flavor. most preworkouts usually have a similar taste but this is the first preworkout I have tried in recent memory that I flat out enjoy.

At one scoop, the energy and focus were great. definitely feels like way more than 200mg of caffeine. The time release caffeine ensures a pleasurable come down with no crash. Honestly one scoop is really all i see myself needing. And I have some stim experience. mostly daily driver preworkouts im using currently have 300mg of caffeine and this is significantyl stronger

with work and my dads stuff i have barely eaten or slept. ive been averaging like one regular meal a day. I wouldnt have known it today because my pumps were very good and I had plenty of energy. excited to see what the higher doses do pump wise but honestly might be a little too much energy

SSJ4GOD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So I got the Strawberry Mango rush. I usually dry scoop preworkout in the car on the way to the gym but for review purposes mixed one scoop in about 8 ounces of water. Really enjoyed this flavor. It’s got a slight hint of something that gives depth of flavor. most preworkouts usually have a similar taste but this is the first preworkout I have tried in recent memory that I flat out enjoy.

At one scoop, the energy and focus were great. definitely feels like way more than 200mg of caffeine. The time release caffeine ensures a pleasurable come down with no crash. Honestly one scoop is really all i see myself needing. And I have some stim experience. mostly daily driver preworkouts im using currently have 300mg of caffeine and this is significantyl stronger

with work and my dads stuff i have barely eaten or slept. ive been averaging like one regular meal a day. I wouldnt have known it today because my pumps were very good and I had plenty of energy. excited to see what the higher doses do pump wise but honestly might be a little too much energy
Strawberry Mango Rush is absolutely amazing and I say that as someone who generally doesn’t like mango. It’s just damn good

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Strawberry Mango Rush is absolutely amazing and I say that as someone who generally doesn’t like mango. It’s just damn good
I have a tub of it myself. Can't beat the taste on Strawberry Mango Rush. I'm a big fan of anything Mango though.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’m not a huge mango guy. I don’t hate it but I don’t love it either. Flavor is really good though. Glad it wasn’t another strawberry lemonade. Going to do 1.5 scoops tomorrow

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So got a bit crazy yesterday. On my way to the gym now to try 1.5 scoops and report back

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So today was my first all our day back. I was sick of the level of commitment I was giving the gym with work, family stuff, injuries, and general exhaustion. Last gym session was a tune up and today started back on a Conjugate based plan. Two max efforts, two dynamic effort days, and smaller accessory workouts throughout the week. Took 1.5 scoops and hit the gym.

Flavor was on point yet again. The energy and focus on this amount was perfect. I clocked in a 2 hour workout and was dialed in the whole time. And not sitting around and talking. In two hours I did a warmup of 4 sets of 20 on facepulls, tricep extensions, lat pull downs, and super light dumbbell bench. Moved into double banded regular grip bench press working up to a 95% or so single. Moved on to close grip steep incline for 4 sets. After that bottoms up kettle bell presses, 3 sets incline push-ups, and 4 sets of lateral raise and tricep push down supersets. After that did a sprint walk circuit. I was breezing through the whole thing. Was vibing to my music. Next thing I knew two hours had flown by and I didn’t even want to leave. I get that this is a sponsored log, but I’ve truly just really enjoyed this stuff for energy and focus.

Pumps were no slouch either. I had veins poking through my shirt in my chest, shoulders, triceps. You could see them scattered all over. Had two people comment on it. I also had it during my max effort work. I don’t usually get that vascular that early in the workout as my max effort work isn’t a ton of volume just intensity.

I think 1.5 scoops will be my sweet spot. 2 might be a little two much energy but should hopefully be able to give it a shot for a workout tomorrow.

Really enjoying this stuff and will be purchasing another tub. Probably the first preworkout I will repurchase in a long time (excluding ones I use strictly for work like doomsday)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Really enjoying this stuff and will be purchasing another tub. Probably the first preworkout I will repurchase in a long time
Good to hear and really glad you enjoyed it!

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear and really glad you enjoyed it!
Yeah me too I am really happy to find a non exotic stim daily driver preworkout with this good of energy and focus. I don’t take preworkouts like doomsday etc on workout days because it seems like too much on the heart and too much vasoconstriction. Just not good for workouts. This stuff has the energy and focus, pumps, endurance, and I can hit an intense workout without being held back by heart rate or anything else. For whatever reason, I just haven’t been impressed with any preworkouts I’ve tried in some time. This one hits all the right spots on the past two workouts.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah me too I am really happy to find a non exotic stim daily driver preworkout with this good of energy and focus. I don’t take preworkouts like doomsday etc on workout days because it seems like too much on the heart and too much vasoconstriction. Just not good for workouts. This stuff has the energy and focus, pumps, endurance, and I can hit an intense workout without being held back by heart rate or anything else. For whatever reason, I just haven’t been impressed with any preworkouts I’ve tried in some time. This one hits all the right spots on the past two workouts.
I agree. I think this one is the sweet spot in terms of pre workout products!

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Saved the two scoop review for legs today. First leg day back in 3 weeks so figured I’m going to need it. Will report back

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So a bit short on time tonight due to working trauma call at the hospital but was able to take 2 scoops for a ride today. Once again, did not disappoint. Honestly, 2 scoops was a bit too much energy for me. I was absolutely wired. However, it was never unpleasant or unbearable. Even with that much caffeine it was a smooth ride I was just a bit too jacked up. Focus is on point as always. The one thing I like about the addition of a small amount of extended release caffeine is what I never have a bad come down or crash.

I was able to attack a good workout involving

Warm up:

1/4 mile fast walk
4x20 legs extensions
4x20 leg curls

Main work:

Belt squat with 200lbs of band tension at the top probably 20lbs at the bottom with 5 plates each side for a double
4 sets reverse hyper
4 sets heavier leg curls
Standing calves
6 prowler sled pushes high and low bar

I did this in just over and hour. I feel like I have an extra gear of endurance and the pumps are great. I never felt tired and was just ready to keep cranking sets with minimal rest.

I will get a full review up tomorrow but really I have been beyond pleased with this product. I have some pump pics taken an hour post workout from my bench day but I can’t ever remember how to attach them here but if anyone can recommend a hosting site I will. But I really enjoy this stuff and will be purchasing a bottle

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
but I can’t ever remember how to attach them here but if anyone can recommend a hosting site I will
I think you should be able to just upload directly by clicking the image icon on the toolbar of a new post.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Final Review:

Overall, been extremely pleased with this product. I think 1-1.5 scoops is my sweet spot.

Taste: 9/10

Really enjoyed the flavor. The strawberry tastes a bit different than most others and the mango gives it a unique twist. Don’t usually care about flavor as I dry scoop mostly. However, other than one time, I have found myself going out of my way to mix this in a cup with some water and ice because I just enjoy the flavor

Energy/Focus: 9/10

I was expecting some good energy with the caffeine content but this exceeded expectations. Just really good and clean energy with solid focus. The extended release caffeine is a nice touch for a subtle drop off and no crash. I wouldn’t say it’s Euphoric or anything like the feeling people chance with some exotic pres but I will take the clean energy and focus with no crash, jitters, or crappy feeling after. And you can power through workouts with no rapid heartbeat or major vasoconstriction. As I said, it exceeded expectations of what I thought it would do

Pumps: 8/10

This one is a bit hard to judge for me because I always get pretty good pumps regardless. I will say that I noticed pumps hitting earlier in the workout and last longer after for sure. I was getting pumps while just doing singles and once the volume picked up I was extremely vascular. So while I don’t usually have any issues with pumps, I definitely noticed an uptick in how much easier it was to get pumps and the duration

Value: 8/10

At 1-1.5 scoops I will get plenty of workouts with this and it’s a great value. If you need 2 scoops it will be a pretty standard price for a preworkout but you are getting a great product

Overall: 8.5/10

Overall, extremely pleased with this preworkout and the opportunity. I enjoyed the original and so was excited about this and from what I remember it’s better than the first by a good margin in my opinion. Over the past few years I just stopped really getting excited by preworkouts because they started to all feel the same. This has been the first one in some time I’m actually excited to use and don’t feel kind of burned on. I always have people asking me to recommend supps and as far a preworkout, I haven’t been really able to give an answer in the last year or so for a good daily driver pre. I feel like now I can recommend this with confidence

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I also, got another pressing workout in this morning and can further reiterate everything I’ve said above. Really like this product.

I don’t want this to sound stuck up because I promise I’m not trying to, but I must say that I make enough money that if much rather just buy the product and not have to worry about a log or review. This is the first one I’ve signed on for in some time and it’s only because I just really wanted a decent everyday preworkout and remember liking the original. So I’m very glad that I did

Last edited:
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah maybe since it’s from my phone it won’t allow it. Says they are too large to process it. I can figure it out and report back
I have to take the picture, then I have to take a screenshot of the picture then I crop out the black spaces usually that makes it small enough to upload on phone.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Final Review:

Overall, been extremely pleased with this product. I think 1-1.5 scoops is my sweet spot.

Taste: 9/10

Really enjoyed the flavor. The strawberry tastes a bit different than most others and the mango gives it a unique twist. Don’t usually care about flavor as I dry scoop mostly. However, other than one time, I have found myself going out of my way to mix this in a cup with some water and ice because I just enjoy the flavor

Energy/Focus: 9/10

I was expecting some good energy with the caffeine content but this exceeded expectations. Just really good and clean energy with solid focus. The extended release caffeine is a nice touch for a subtle drop off and no crash. I wouldn’t say it’s Euphoric or anything like the feeling people chance with some exotic pres but I will take the clean energy and focus with no crash, jitters, or crappy feeling after. And you can power through workouts with no rapid heartbeat or major vasoconstriction. As I said, it exceeded expectations of what I thought it would do

Pumps: 8/10

This one is a bit hard to judge for me because I always get pretty good pumps regardless. I will say that I noticed pumps hitting earlier in the workout and last longer after for sure. I was getting pumps while just doing singles and once the volume picked up I was extremely vascular. So while I don’t usually have any issues with pumps, I definitely noticed an uptick in how much easier it was to get pumps and the duration

Value: 8/10

At 1-1.5 scoops I will get plenty of workouts with this and it’s a great value. If you need 2 scoops it will be a pretty standard price for a preworkout but you are getting a great product

Overall: 8.5/10

Overall, extremely pleased with this preworkout and the opportunity. I enjoyed the original and so was excited about this and from what I remember it’s better than the first by a good margin in my opinion. Over the past few years I just stopped really getting excited by preworkouts because they started to all feel the same. This has been the first one in some time I’m actually excited to use and don’t feel kind of burned on. I always have people asking me to recommend supps and as far a preworkout, I haven’t been really able to give an answer in the last year or so for a good daily driver pre. I feel like now I can recommend this with confidence
Appreciate the detailed final review! Glad you enjoyed the pre workout and worked for you!