Why did Ursobolic suck so hard?

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
we will see how many people come up to me at the arnold and ask me why ursobolic sucks so hard. like you say, it will likely be zero
Until all the jokes about chucking bottles of 7-Spray at people's heads I would say yeah probably zero now ....I dunno then they've never see you throw maybe that would be a bad trade

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Until all the jokes about chucking bottles of 7-Spray at people's heads I would say yeah probably zero now ....I dunno then they've never see you throw maybe that would be a bad trade
maybe i throw like a girl

is it worth the risk to find out?

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
maybe i throw like a girl

is it worth the risk to find out?
I dunno, you are a good sized fellow, I tend to doubt that you throw like a girl....I do not think it is worth the risk, though I like 7 Spray an awful lot. I am just ugly enough as is and with the no hair thing I cannot hide a lump if you happen to connect with force lol.......then again considering the thickness of the skulls of some of the folks on here they may not notice if you throw like Roger Clemmons lol

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
for a second I thought you said "maybe I'll throw a girl" and given how booth babes look, that sounded better than 7spray
That's weird because the first time I read the post I thought I saw the same thing

Mission1

Mission1

Awards
  • Established
It works very well for a lot of people. it will reduce fat over time and you cant expect it to do miracles in a week or two

maybe i should have given free bottles out to the typical ass kissers who could have fillled the pages with fake positive reviews.
It did suck for me! 6 bottles of chalk! In my opinion your worst supplement.

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
well I know it caused me to have to lower my thyroid meds while on it, and this was based on lab work done by my doc, so I know it does indeed do something

D3Baseball

Awards
well I know it caused me to have to lower my thyroid meds while on it, and this was based on lab work done by my doc, so I know it does indeed do something
Interesting. I'd like to see more ursobolic lab work.

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. I'd like to see more ursobolic lab work.
Well I cannot prove medically that ursobolic stimulates thyroid more. All I know is I have been on thyroid med for past 4 or 5 years and my tsh stays right around .97 WHile I started the urso I could tell levels were increasing due to the way I felt and go labs done and was down to .41 Quit urso and returned to .98

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Well I cannot prove medically that ursobolic stimulates thyroid more. All I know is I have been on thyroid med for past 4 or 5 years and my tsh stays right around .97 WHile I started the urso I could tell levels were increasing due to the way I felt and go labs done and was down to .41 Quit urso and returned to .98
That would explain why I feel warmer when I take it

D3Baseball

Awards
That's very interesting. I wonder if that will apply to non-medicated individuals as well. I'm glad it wasn't suppressive, too. Thanks for sharing!

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
If the product improves thyroid levels, it will definitely need time to see results. Improved thyroid output does not burn more fat on its own, it just better enables you to burn fat when you are trying through diet and exercise. Higher levels on their own do nothing for you, you still have to work at it.

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
I also noticed it takes about 3-4 days and it begins to raise my levels. I know if my levels are lower or higher based on how I feel, when high I feel very warm in face, slightly elevated bp and heart palps. Lower levels feel like crap and sleep a lot. When I began noticing the increase while on urso I went to dr to talk to him about it and he did labs to confirm it. I still use the product, just use different dosing methods

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
I also noticed it takes about 3-4 days and it begins to raise my levels. I know if my levels are lower or higher based on how I feel, when high I feel very warm in face, slightly elevated bp and heart palps. Lower levels feel like crap and sleep a lot. When I began noticing the increase while on urso I went to dr to talk to him about it and he did labs to confirm it. I still use the product, just use different dosing methods
I am on a cut right now and am on maintenance calories only, I've only lost a couple of pounds but I am leaning out nicely with out losing weight. I know a lot of people early on complained that they weren't losing weight. I don't really want to lose weight, I don't think anyone really does I want to lose fat and keep my muscle weight right where it is. From my experiences it appears that Ursobolic truly does what the university study showed, it prevents muscle wasting

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
I thought Ursolic Acid had some kind of appetite suppression?
I ve read More of the opposite with people being hungry

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea i never got any type of appetite suppression from it.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
I'm not taking ursobolic per se, but its an ursolic acid supplement. I'm getting some real appetite suppressant from this, thought it first was my imagination, but after reading it and hearing that others noticed it too, just confirmed it.

Maybe it's dose depended? I'm taking 6 caps of 600 mg, extract contains 160 mg ursolic acid.

Arnold, if you feel that this post ain't ok, please delete it.. I'm in here to discuss the potential appetite suppression from ursolic acid.

shinivan

Awards
  • Established
thats a good question. since bioavailabiliity is the main hurdle - and the bioavailability issue is one of solubility limitations - it may be that up to a point more is not better.

with that said, it seems logical that more frequent dosing of smaller amounts may be more advantageous than less frequent dosing of larger amounts. And, as truth mentioned, ingesting with fats is probably a key
Patrick, taking this into account, would it be better to take 1-2 caps 6 times a day instead of the standard 3 caps 3 times a day or 1-2 caps is too low?

Also, is your new urso version only a "more bioavailable" urso or have you discovered something new? the word you used "breakthrough" sounds very encouraging.
I would not take "breakthrough" very serious if it came from jacob but coming from you it means serrious business.

Please give us a hint of something after all, a lot of us are actual faithful consumers for years.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I'm not taking ursobolic per se, but its an ursolic acid supplement. I'm getting some real appetite suppressant from this, thought it first was my imagination, but after reading it and hearing that others noticed it too, just confirmed it.

Maybe it's dose depended? I'm taking 6 caps of 600 mg, extract contains 160 mg ursolic acid.

Arnold, if you feel that this post ain't ok, please delete it.. I'm in here to discuss the potential appetite suppression from ursolic acid.

I dont think the reports of appetite suppression from it are common enough to be of much meaning. I personally have had a fine appetite on the stuff for the most parts

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Patrick, taking this into account, would it be better to take 1-2 caps 6 times a day instead of the standard 3 caps 3 times a day or 1-2 caps is too low?
probably would be better

i dont want to talk about any of my research on new products because i dont want to give hints away at what i am doing to my competitors

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
probably would be better

i dont want to talk about any of my research on new products because i dont want to give hints away at what i am doing to my competitors
I will pay for a bottle of it and give you honest feedback, and you can keep the profile to yourself. Urso is definitely not a wonder drug, nothing is, but based on my labs it is the only product thus far to increase thyroid activity. THat says a lot consider many of the products that claim to have never made any impact on my tsh levels. One response I got back on a product that was "thyroid" product that made no change in my thyroid was that "it works through different pathways". Well if it is suppose to convert into t3 or t4, maybe you would not have a change of tsh level but I would think t4 level or free t3 levels would change. I am just guessing.
Anyways I know this has never been marketed as a thyroid product and no claims of it doing so have been made either. I am just sharing my own experience due to the fact that I have to have blood labs done on a regular basis.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
really the lipid profile improvements are almost more interesting to me than the fat loss.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I will pay for a bottle of it and give you honest feedback, and you can keep the profile to yourself. Urso is definitely not a wonder drug, nothing is, but based on my labs it is the only product thus far to increase thyroid activity. THat says a lot consider many of the products that claim to have never made any impact on my tsh levels. One response I got back on a product that was "thyroid" product that made no change in my thyroid was that "it works through different pathways". Well if it is suppose to convert into t3 or t4, maybe you would not have a change of tsh level but I would think t4 level or free t3 levels would change. I am just guessing.
Anyways I know this has never been marketed as a thyroid product and no claims of it doing so have been made either. I am just sharing my own experience due to the fact that I have to have blood labs done on a regular basis.
thats interesting you saw raised thryroid levels. i would like to see this duplicated a few times before i would contemplate a real connection though. You could be an anomaly

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
Well, raised or lowered. My tsh level actually lowered, which is a good thing when you are hypo, which in turn results in higher metabolism when it come to weight loss

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Well, raised or lowered. My tsh level actually lowered, which is a good thing when you are hypo, which in turn results in higher metabolism when it come to weight loss

you didnt measure thyroid hormones, just TSH?

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
a lowered TSH could be indicative of a higher metabolism but it certainly isnt a cause of it.
I know. I guess I should not speak so loosely to someone who knows so much

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
you didnt measure thyroid hormones, just TSH?
yes, did levels also. t3 t4 and free t3 I believe. I lost my copy and only remembered my tsh level is why I quoted it. When I go back I will have doc give me my print outs again

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It works very well for a lot of people. it will reduce fat over time and you cant expect it to do miracles in a week or two

maybe i should have given free bottles out to the typical ass kissers who could have fillled the pages with fake positive reviews.
So much win here. Go to almost any forum and count the number of fully negative logs that are sponsored. Hell go through the 300 some odd pages of reviews and logs on this site. Count the sponsored logs/reviews. Now count the negative vs. the positive ones. Mind blowing how positive people are with free products.

I have a list of supplements I think are pretty much garbage that I've used and friends have used. These are some of the most positive reviewed supplements around...including on this board but the trick is most of those reviews are all the initial log type people. Often its the SAME people who just jump from free supp to free supp to rain the praise on. It pays (in future free products) to be fake...yeah yeah I know even when everyone puts in the first paragraph "unbiased honest truth bro!"

Simply spot on. I have no idea if Ursobolic works or not, I haven't used it. I do know that I "trust" sponsored logs and reviews about as much as I trust candidates for president.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I review honestly. I got a very abrupt reply from the company owner last time I did it lol.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I review honestly. I got a very abrupt reply from the company owner last time I did it lol.
I wasn't trying to say all reviewers are dishonest. Just the vast, vast, majority of them. Maybe dishonest isn't right...biased and have an incentive (got a free product and I owe you or future free product) to paint the product in as positive a light as possible.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
i get people messaging me asking if they can get some free product for logging. they send me links to other logs they do so i can see how good they are at logging.

I am not stupid, I can read through the lines. They mean to say "if you send me free product i will give you a real positive review"

I generally send them a nice message back but I let them know that i prefer not to have to pay for positive reviews, and that i trust my products will stand on their own merit

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Also, is your new urso version only a "more bioavailable" urso or have you discovered something new? the word you used "breakthrough" sounds very encouraging.
I would not take "breakthrough" very serious if it came from jacob but coming from you it means serrious business.

Please give us a hint of something after all, a lot of us are actual faithful consumers for years.
I have started taking 2 caps at each meal instead of only 2 or 3 doses. This to me seems to be working better but it may be my imagination.

I shall continue to take it though due to all the health benefits.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Ursobolic worked well for keeping my fat off during the holiday season.
It also seemed to improve my digestion a little bit as well.
Stacked with Slin-Sane or C-20 it seems to work even better.

I think a lot of people expect PH/AAS/ECA type gains off this stuff.
And that is expecting too much.
It is a supplement which means it is something to add a little extra to training and diet.
And Ursobolic did work in that capacity.

And yes these prodcts are marketed strongly but what is not.
I mean that is like thinking that AXE is actually going to automatically cause one to be showered with a bevy of gorgeous women.

And I have NEVER received any free supplements from anyone except samples that NP might send out with orders.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
i have made a breakthrough in Ursolic acid formulation btw, but i am not giving any details at this time. you all will have to wait and see
Patrick.
Can you give a tentative release date for your new formulation?
Ursolic acid is kind of a staple for me now so I will be looking forward to it.
Got my ultimate stay lean all year mix going on.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Ursobolic worked well for keeping my fat off during the holiday season.
It also seemed to improve my digestion a little bit as well.
Stacked with Slin-Sane or C-20 it seems to work even better.

I think a lot of people expect PH/AAS/ECA type gains off this stuff.
And that is expecting too much.
It is a supplement which means it is something to add a little extra to training and diet.
And Ursobolic did work in that capacity.

And yes these prodcts are marketed strongly but what is not.
I mean that is like thinking that AXE is actually going to automatically cause one to be showered with a bevy of gorgeous women.

And I have NEVER received any free supplements from anyone except samples that NP might send out with orders.
I wish I could have afforded it over the holidays as I accumulated copious amounts of fat which through the aid of ursobolic I am losing just not as quickly as I'd hoped. I won't be without it again, I'll cut out my starbucks instead..... and are you saying that if use AXE women are not going to be clamoring for me????? Really?? in all seriousness AXE? Phew!!

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Patrick.
Can you give a tentative release date for your new formulation?
Ursolic acid is kind of a staple for me now so I will be looking forward to it.
Got my ultimate stay lean all year mix going on.

spring

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I should be taking 3 six times a day instead of 6 three times a day?. I thought that since ursolic acid supposedly has a hard time surviving the digestive tract that it would make sense to take more at one time than a little each time. I came to this conclusion thinking that the more you take at once then more you would have left over after the digestive process destroys some of it. Does that make sense or am I all wrong?. If I'm wrong, Patrick could you please explain why taking less more frequently would be better?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
So I should be taking 3 six times a day instead of 6 three times a day?. I thought that since ursolic acid supposedly has a hard time surviving the digestive tract that it would make sense to take more at one time than a little each time. I came to this conclusion thinking that the more you take at once then more you would have left over after the digestive process destroys some of it. Does that make sense or am I all wrong?. If I'm wrong, Patrick could you please explain why taking less more frequently would be better?
the digestive system doesnt destroy it. the bioavailability problem is first and foremost limited absorption due to poor solubility. since only a limited amount is soluble enough to absorb at any one time it makes sense to take smaller doses more frequently

this is a different case than with stuff like prohormones, which have decent solubility and absorb well but undergo extensive metabolic deactivation in the liver upon first pass

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
It is just my hypothesis that you would do better with smaller doses more frequently, there is no demonstrated proof of this

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
I wish I could have afforded it over the holidays as I accumulated copious amounts of fat which through the aid of ursobolic I am losing just not as quickly as I'd hoped. I won't be without it again, I'll cut out my starbucks instead..... and are you saying that if use AXE women are not going to be clamoring for me????? Really?? in all seriousness AXE? Phew!!
That last couple of lines were priceless. Lolz....mileage may vary on that AXE.... and I did get attention from the Shrek looking women so i suppose that counts.

I live like a freaking spartan. Grrrrrr.... Starbuck... lemur spit.....

It is understandable that results will vary amongst people. Heck I get more of a response from herbals than I do pharmaceuticals..... but if something works for at least half the people, it is really a stretch to call it useless.

I mean they can always try winny/clen or epi/dmz and get mad cuts with a needed pct if ursobolic isnt enough.:banana:

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the digestive system doesnt destroy it. the bioavailability problem is first and foremost limited absorption due to poor solubility. since only a limited amount is soluble enough to absorb at any one time it makes sense to take smaller doses more frequently

this is a different case than with stuff like prohormones, which have decent solubility and absorb well but undergo extensive metabolic deactivation in the liver upon first pass

I just saw this. Thanks for the explanation. Maybe I'll try taking 3 caps six times a day instead. It works great for me now but hey if it might work better it is worth the effort to try it.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
we will see how many people come up to me at the arnold and ask me why ursobolic sucks so hard. like you say, it will likely be zero
I never tried it, so I can't tell you that it sucks. jk. Well I didn't try it, but I wouldn't do something like that, persay.

I can logically induce that many of the users gauged their expectations on your 'summer of success' with not working out diligently, drinking a lot of alcohol, etc. (like you said) and their results fell way short of their expectations. The picture that you painted for 'me' was one of a supplement that would reset the curve as far as dietary and exercise discipline is concerned. I waited and looked for reviews and logs and I saw the same thing as what some others are seeing on the surface, but seeing and perceiving are two different things. What I commonly noticed (wording very carefully) was that many of the negative reviews were written in an aggressive and angry manner that could clearly illustrate the disappointment due to either a lack of "gotta have it ALL right NOW" or they were possibly disgruntled because they spent money that they didn't really have to spend on a supplement, probably out of desperation to fill a void commonly left unoccupied by proper nutrition.

That's my 2 cents after reading the first page or so... I do plan on using Ursobolic after placing my next order, as I tend to respond positively to most things that do work!

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I never tried it, so I can't tell you that it sucks. jk. Well I didn't try it, but I wouldn't do something like that, persay.

I can logically induce that many of the users gauged their expectations on your 'summer of success' with not working out diligently, drinking a lot of alcohol, etc. (like you said) and their results fell way short of their expectations.
well then those people were just morons then. i tried to make it clear that my feedback was completely useless and i was half joking about all that anyway. this is why i prefer to keep my mouth shut

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I wonder what happened? :D I will post a review of a product if it is really worth the time. I will occasionally ask for a sample here and there, though the only company that has come through with direct sample requests is Millenium Sports Technologies and I'm hooked on them.

Given the conflict in this thread, I find myself compelled even more to buy the product and also give it a very detailed review. Good, bad, nothing, whatever.