Who was your motivation for muscle???

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Being 32, I was an 80's kid. You know, when shirtless action heroes became all the rage. Also wrestlers started getting huge.

In no particular order:

1. Ultimate Warrior. Duh. No explanation needed. I was a little warrior.

2. Lex Luger. He was a machine.

3. Arnold. Commando was the first movie I saw him in and then Predator.

4. Sly Stallone/Dolph Lundgren. Rocky IV. That's all I have to say.

5. Jean-Claude Van Damme. Blood Sport. Maybe even throw in Bolo Yeung's mass. He was huge

6. Scott Steiner and Buff Bagwell. I was a teen when they put on their mass, but I thought it was great.

7. Sting when his hair was blonde. Before he tried to look like the Crow.

I'm sure I forgot some from over the years. What about everybody else?

lilarny

lilarny

Awards
Mark.Coleman and ken shamrock from the early ufc

I saw predator in the theatre when I was seven.... Arnold started it for me

I met dexter Jackson before he was big time, then again 10 years later. Wish I could do that to my body

But I have to say recently was my little brother. Left for Kuwait and came back 20 months later jacked like I've never seen him.... That really pissed me off cause I was always bigger than him

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Being a baseball player i was slightly biased.. but mark and sammy started it for me. I then saw pumping iron when i was 17
Arnold started my interest. But the one who really piqued my interest was ronnie coleman i watched the leg press video and the deadlift video and was hooked, i still catch myself talking to myself before a big set " nothin but a peanut"

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
I can't say who started it for me but I was 17 in a grocery store looking at a M&F magazine and I saw the cover thing "I wanna look like that" and I never looked back

lamonster14

lamonster14

Awards
Being a baseball player i was slightly biased.. but mark and sammy started it for me. I then saw pumping iron when i was 17
Arnold started my interest. But the one who really piqued my interest was ronnie coleman i watched the leg press video and the deadlift video and was hooked, i still catch myself talking to myself before a big set " nothin but a peanut"

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
As stupid as it sounds, it is the honest truth..
Downloaded Pandora at work one day..saw they had a workout station..listened to it, and here i am 33 lbs heavier and stronger :)

paradoxman

Awards
1. Arnold
2. Arnold
3. Jay Cutler
4. Ronnie Coleman
5. Sylvester Stallone

If 3 and 4 are too recent then replace with Arnold

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
Being 32, I was an 80's kid. You know, when shirtless action heroes became all the rage. Also wrestlers started getting huge.

In no particular order:

1. Ultimate Warrior. Duh. No explanation needed. I was a little warrior.

2. Lex Luger. He was a machine.

3. Arnold. Commando was the first movie I saw him in and then Predator.

4. Sly Stallone/Dolph Lundgren. Rocky IV. That's all I have to say.

5. Jean-Claude Van Damme. Blood Sport. Maybe even throw in Bolo Yeung's mass. He was huge

6. Scott Steiner and Buff Bagwell. I was a teen when they put on their mass, but I thought it was great.

7. Sting when his hair was blonde. Before he tried to look like the Crow.

I'm sure I forgot some from over the years. What about everybody else?
This exactly except I would have to move rocky 4 to the top of the list. Everything else dead on lol.

superchris

superchris

Awards
Unfortunately I'd have to say a past gf who cheated on me, I got pissed off for several days and decided to take my anger out and sign up at a gym... Well needles to say, now I m glad she cheated on me lol I ve never looked back ever since. But what gets me motivated now has to be Arnold and Rambo.

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
The people on these forums and the people IRL who compliment me.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Watching all the big ass football players at camps when I was younger was the first time I thought it would be cool as hell to be huge. This dude who was a senior when I was a freshman was a beast who got a full ride to UCLA in 1995, 6-5 275 looks a lot bigger when you're 14 years old and we all thought this dude was the closest thing to a God.

Other influences were Jose Canseco, Mark McGwire, Arnold in predator, Stallone in Rocky IV (freaking shredded to the bone!!!), Hulk Hogan, and Debo.