Whey Isolate Vs. Whey Concentrate

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Concentrate because it's cheaper and I don't have lactose intolerance

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Steak. I mean concentrated lol it's cheaper.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So you would recommend it because it's cheaper or is it better quality?
Isolate has more protein per gram of powder and a higher biological value. If it is cold-processed via filtration, it would technically be of higher "quality" than WPC. However, there's no way I'm paying a 25% markup for 2 extra grams of protein and 2 less grams of carbs per serving

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
a combination is the way to go....pure isolate protein is expensive, pure concentrate protein isn't the best quality....so go with a combination of both which most protein brands are anyway

drooks10

drooks10

Awards
  • Established
Isolate has more protein per gram of powder and a higher biological value. If it is cold-processed via filtration, it would technically be of higher "quality" than WPC. However, there's no way I'm paying a 25% markup for 2 extra grams of protein and 2 less grams of carbs per serving
This. The benefits just don't outweigh the cost-increase for me.

David
Team APPNUT

MidniteGunner

MidniteGunner

Awards
Money not being a object i'd go with isolate, better bioavalibility less bloat. I believe isolate absorbs faster also. That being said I just want isolate as the main protein source and a good mix for the rest. I like ON's gold standard whey with half a scoop of casein added. I read that having varied absorption rates of protein post work can extend the anabolic window. By the way just picked up 10lbs bag of the gold standard whey for $102 shipped.

dinot1985

dinot1985

Awards
Concentrates also benefit from the protein fractions which are lost in processing to make isolates.

LivFit

LivFit

Awards
Beverly International Muscle Provider, *** Wheybolic Extreme 60, or ON 100% Whey Gold Standard?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beverly International Muscle Provider, *** Wheybolic Extreme 60, or ON 100% Whey Gold Standard?
Muscle provider is good just major $$$$

I have some synths 6 isolate on the way from the planet. Curious to see how that does. I am majorly lactose intolerant so I can't do concentrate at all

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Damn 10lbs for 102, i just got 10 pounds of unflavored concentrate plus 8 pounds of combination isolate and eggwhite protein for 120 shipped. I havnt had any
lactose problems with concentrate and i cant go near milk or i get buttpiss for days lol

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Isolate is simply too expensive (most of the time) to justify a miniscule increase in protein per serving and biological value. I doubt you would ever notice any type of body composition difference when comparing the two forms.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Isolate is simply too expensive (most of the time) to justify a miniscule increase in protein per serving and biological value. I doubt you would ever notice any type of body composition difference when comparing the two forms.
Thats my feelings as well. I used to always have Isoflex or VPX zer carb in my stockpile but it just got too expensive

Anthony23

Awards
Go with whatever works for your stomach and wallet.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only reason I use isolates when dieting is not because of the macro's, but because of the light, fruity flavors like cherry, lemonade, etc.

Mike