Whey Isolate is expensive now. Recommend a good quality brand for great price?

Ginowest

Awards
Ive been using Dymatize ISO100 for a while now. I used to get 3.8lb bottles for $35 each at Sam's Club, not even a year ago. Now its about $100 for 5lbs.

Anyone have a good recommendation for an Isolate protein at a reasonable price, which doesn't taste like ****?

BTW, I'm lactose intolerant so isolate is the only protein I can take without bloating or bowel issues.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The NOW brand isolate is 60 bucks +/- for 5 pounds, on Amazon and the quality is as good as it gets

*edit, it was 64 less than 2 days ago, and it’s 79 right now…Sorry bro, FJB

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The NOW brand isolate is 60 bucks +/- for 5 pounds, on Amazon and the quality is as good as it gets

*edit, it was 64 less than 2 days ago, and it’s 79 right now…Sorry bro, FJB
Crazy how prices can change so quickly! :(

I haven't tried it but I know a lot of folks like the Axe & Sledge Supplements Farm Fed Whey Protein Isolate.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ive been using Dymatize ISO100 for a while now. I used to get 3.8lb bottles for $35 each at Sam's Club, not even a year ago. Now its about $100 for 5lbs.

Anyone have a good recommendation for an Isolate protein at a reasonable price, which doesn't taste like ****?

BTW, I'm lactose intolerant so isolate is the only protein I can take without bloating or bowel issues.
Isolate and Hydrolysate are the only types of whey that I can drink a lot of without it tearing my stomach up too.

I'm not lactose intolerant, but I have several severe food allergies and sensitivities so I'm always careful which brands I recommend to people because I myself have unfortunately experienced cases of where brands would say they were using Isolate and my stomach would very much disagree.

I also had a case of trying a whey by a medium to large company that they claimed to be gluten free and it absolutely was not - I have the non-celiac autoimmune gluten allergy/sensitivity and have to be extremely careful and the affect on my body from consuming it are very obvious.

Due to having to be very cautious and bad experiences with negative health consequences from some brands, I don't try many new Whey Isolate products and especially if I don't know about and trust the brands, because I just can't take chances.

My top 3 from personal experience are:
  • Ketogenics Iso Whey
  • NOW Foods Whey Isolate
  • Body Nutrition ISO-ology
My personal favorite is Ketogenics Iso Whey - great tastes, good price, top quality whey isolate, and a lot of different flavors.

NOW Foods Whey Isolate - NOW is a top notch company and I trust their labels and that their products have in them what they say. The only drawback for me is that they only have a couple of basic flavors. Their flavors taste good for what they are and for someone that just likes the basic flavors, they're a great choice too.

Body Nutrition ISO-ology is one that I don't see mentioned here on AM hardly ever and they are most known for their Trutein protein blend product, but ISO-ology is their Whey Isolate formula.

I always like to give options when suggesting things like this, but I have to drink more of my protein than the average person because of my food allergies and sensitivities and for me, Ketogenics has been my go to for quite awhile now because of being a very high end overall product at a good price and because I do drink so much of my protein, the taste and flavor selection are important to me.

Ketogenics Iso Whey flavors are:
  • Blueberry Muffin
  • Chocolate Cereal Milk
  • Cinnamon Cereal
  • Cold Brew Coffee
  • Fruity Cereal
  • Maple Syrup French Toast
  • Peanut Butter Cookie
  • Pumpkin Spiced Glazed Donut
  • Strawberry Shortcake
  • Vanilla Cupcake
  • Unflavored
  • ** they have a sampler you can buy to try to different flavors
I hope this info helps.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cheap protein is a thing of the past. Anyone have luck with MyProtein?

lanky

Awards
  • Established
core nutritionals iso lemon pound cake is the best i have used so far