Where to go from here (6 weeks into HRT)

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah you should be able to tell your doc everything, but its not always that simple. anything could end up in your medical file and that could cost you your insurance or increased premiums in the future. especially if you have to purchase your own.
a friend of mine told his doctor that he had been seeing for years that he smoked pot daily. the doctor refused to ever see him again. i assume that ended up in his medical records also.
Oh well, I'd rather have increased insurance premiums than withhold important medical information for proper treatment.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Wow, so your doctor doesn't even know. That's just not right. Your doc should know every detail about you. Like I said it seems those anti-aging clinic people could care less about your health.
All his pcp has to check his prescription history. Each state has a database that is used to help ID drug abusers/traffickers that physicians can check. A lot of them do it once or twice a year to see of any pts are doctor shopping for controlled substances.

Your physician knows a lot more about you than you may think - or can find out with one phone call.

This thread has a whole bunch of fail in it, good luck op...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My point was that his PCP has no clue he is doing this and that's just wrong. It's like going to the ER after a drug overdose and refusing to tell the doctor what drugs or substances you took.

napalm

napalm

Awards
not all states. i dont think we have one here and florida didn't. they were trying to get one but idk if it passed. but why would the doctor give a sh1t anyway. a little test aint heroin. lots of people see multiple doctors.
You do have one in Florida, it's called e-forcse.

As I said, every state has a controlled substance database. It's been a federal law since the early 2000's.

Just because it doesn't get you high, doesn't mean it is not drug abuse.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wonder if it is run like our MMJ database. It can only be accessed by court order and if you are arrested, but not just because a doctor might want to look at it.

napalm

napalm

Awards
I wonder if it is run like our MMJ database. It can only be accessed by court order and if you are arrested, but not just because a doctor might want to look at it.
the way it works in michigan, and i would imagine in most states, is that any pharmacist, nurse practitioner, physicians assistant or physician can access the MAPS (the michigan) database if they are suspicious about anything.

when i was doing neurosurgical research, the surgeon i was working with had a pt that was in one of our studies that was asking for waaaay too many pain killers, oxy, vicodin, percs and even ambien. pick one, she asked for it. he ran her through the MAPS and found out she was hitting up 10 other docs for the same drugs. the state filed charges against her and took her kid. i saw the legal documents in her chart. the math added up to she was doing, or selling, 60 vicodin a day.

this is just an example of how close states track this shyt...

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
the way it works in michigan, and i would imagine in most states, is that any pharmacist, nurse practitioner, physicians assistant or physician can access the MAPS (the michigan) database if they are suspicious about anything.

when i was doing neurosurgical research, the surgeon i was working with had a pt that was in one of our studies that was asking for waaaay too many pain killers, oxy, vicodin, percs and even ambien. pick one, she asked for it. he ran her through the MAPS and found out she was hitting up 10 other docs for the same drugs. the state filed charges against her and took her kid. i saw the legal documents in her chart. the math added up to she was doing, or selling, 60 vicodin a day.

this is just an example of how close states track this shyt...
Same state and access to the same type of data while in the medical data and research field? Was I cloned? :eek:

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established