Where do you get your blood work done?

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I didn't realize how expensive it can get..I have some serious medical issues and get labs done every month..which cost me nothing..I have really good insurance..
I would try that route if possible..Hell, once your above 45 or 50..kinda need to stay on top of those markers..
Z...

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I started looking into marek health for my blood work evaluations

Labcorp is the most convenient for getting blood drawn and a panel.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I didn't realize how expensive it can get..I have some serious medical issues and get labs done every month..which cost me nothing..I have really good insurance..
I would try that route if possible..Hell, once your above 45 or 50..kinda need to stay on top of those markers..
Z...
They have a lot of different test they can run, so you can look into just the test you feel you need to run/pay for.

I think @Hyde has a company he uses, that does not charge an 💪 and a 🦵.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Z...
These guys are talking about getting your labs done privately. They don't want there Dr.or insurance to know there on steroids. If I went to the Dr. To check bloodwork on cycle they would have a million red flags and your insurance might drop you. So we're monitoring our cycles and post cycle recovery health through private labs. On just my trt 150mg I would go to my Dr. And let my insurance cover it. But if I was on 900mg of total gear or whatever, basically anything that will negatively effect some health markers I'm going private labs

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
These guys are talking about getting your labs done privately. They don't want there Dr.or insurance to know there on steroids. If I went to the Dr. To check bloodwork on cycle they would have a million red flags and your insurance might drop you. So we're monitoring our cycles and post cycle recovery health through private labs. On just my trt 150mg I would go to my Dr. And let my insurance cover it. But if I was on 900mg of total gear or whatever, basically anything that will negatively effect some health markers I'm going private labs
Gotcha...no harm meant..
I've been lucky, I guess...With all I've got going the Family Dr.s don't really care..
Hell..I honestly think gear has helped me stay alive..lol
Z...

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Glad I got a Doctor that likes it in the 1000 range ! (except right now it's in the 300range)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@Smont @PhantomReaper @Rocket3015 @Stacks1

Is anyone
Using PrivateMD Labs?
It’s been over a year probably since I’ve used them but They usually have a 20% off promo code floating around
I have not used them

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rocket I see this test for $299

HH-4. Hormone Health - Men
  • DHEA Sulfate, Immunoassay [ 402 ]
  • Dihydrotestosterone (DHT), LC/MS/MS [ 90567 ]
  • Estradiol [ 4021 ]
  • FSH and LH [ 7137 ]
  • IGF-I, LC/MS [ 16293 ]
  • Pregnenolone, LC/MS/MS [ 31493 ]
  • Prolactin [ 746 ]
  • Testosterone, Total And Free And Sex Hormone Binding Globulin [ 37073 ]
But I do not see any info on if any of the other blood work (like CBC or eGFR etc ) is done with this panel ... any idea if that is performed? I havent used this site before

I would send them an e-mail and tell them what you are looking for.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not sure if anyone heard of www.ultalabtests.com but they seem to have the best prices + 20% off promo code MYHEALTH
Ulta Lab Tests is the cheapest I’ve found and I really like using them. Order what you want, there’s a single additional $8 blood draw fee for any size order, and you go to Quest to draw it. They have some great bundles for health markers, as well as reasonable ala carte prices if you just need a couple things.

Privatemdlabs was always a great service and they do allow you to go to Labcorp as well as Quest, but everything through Labcorp is twice as expensive so most people wouldn’t use that option.

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
I go to my pcp, for $35 I can get a full array of bloods done and any other tests

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Life Extension does third party labs via Lab Corp for some good prices.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
@Hyde I would have assumed this one would have HGH levels included since its measuring recovery

$450
Ulta - Inflammation, Workout Recovery & Hormones I
This panel contains Cortisol, A.M. #4212, which requires the patient to have their specimen collected between 7 a.m. - 9 a.m.
Ulta - Inflammation, Workout Recovery & Hormones II
Athletes and we amateurs who practice challenging exercise regularly develop a special relationship with pain, making it possible to go longer and harder. But when is it too much? Dr. Maurer is quick to say that there is no such thing as over-exercise, only under-recovery. Inadequate recovery causes an inflammatory load and has damaging effects to the body in virtually every organ system. Over time, this chronic inflammation can become your baseline. While countless more tests could be ordered, this panel thoroughly covers exercise induced inflammation markers and the subsequent hormonal recovery response your body has toward exertion and stress.
  • C-Reactive Protein (CRP)
  • CBC (includes Differential and Platelets)
  • Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP)
  • Cortisol, A.M.
  • Creatine Kinase (CK), Total
  • DHEA Sulfate, Immunoassay
  • Ferritin
  • Fibrinogen Activity, Clauss
  • Hemoglobin A1c (HgbA1C)
  • Insulin
  • Lipid Panel with Ratios
  • Prealbumin
  • Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)
  • T3, Free
  • T4, Free
  • Testosterone, Free (Dialysis) and Total MS
  • TSH
  • Vitamin B12 (Cobalamin)
  • Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy, Total, Immunoassay
No both of those are overpriced compared to buying 1-2 cheaper bundles and then ala carte adding the other important stuff. But that means you really have to cross shop the tests.

It seems like you want one of their best selling wellness ones, then toss in a thyroid panel, ferritin, cortisol, and TRT type panel.

The TRT oriented ones, the hormones, those are the expensive one. The rest can be gotten for like $200 combined (the cheaper list).

It helps if you start writing down 2 lists of needs & wants. Then start looking at the least expensive bundles in a category, then figure out what you still need ala carte.

marcink99

marcink99

Awards
I just did all those tests for $235, had my blood drawn today. Seems like a good deal to me.

6399 - CBC (includes Differential and Platelets)
10231 - Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP)
367 - Cortisol, Total
90567 - Dihydrotestosterone (DHT), LC/MS/MS
4021 - Estradiol
7137 - FSH and LH
19543 - Lipid Panel with Ratios
746 - Prolactin
Testosterone, Total And Free And Sex Hormone Binding
37073 -
Globulin
899 - TSH

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Next problem you got to be smart enough to understand the results ???

marcink99

marcink99

Awards
Started with those, and than added the the rest. 20% off promo code MYHEALTH

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Around here I like Labcorp best, but I'm sure the very from office to office.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ve used Labcorp and Quest many times. Ulta uses Quest only, so that’s where I have to go now - all that really matters IMO is the experience of the actual tech doing the blood draw.

When I was using Labcorp it was 50/50 if the gal I liked was there to do it right, or some newbie was going to harpoon me and take 3x as long.

At Quest, I have had the same crazy old cat lady 9/10 times the last couple years and she is a pro. I don’t even mind listening to her cat updates because it’s over so fast.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I get labs almost every day and Medicare pays for them 🤣

Newbie78

Newbie78

Awards
Tuhealthy.com and ultalabtests.com are by far cheaper than privatemd and merekhealth.

I've been using ulta myself lately. They're through Quest.

L_G_P*P*

Awards

Thank you

L_G_P*P*

Awards
No both of those are overpriced compared to buying 1-2 cheaper bundles and then ala carte adding the other important stuff. But that means you really have to cross shop the tests.

It seems like you want one of their best selling wellness ones, then toss in a thyroid panel, ferritin, cortisol, and TRT type panel.

The TRT oriented ones, the hormones, those are the expensive one. The rest can be gotten for like $200 combined (the cheaper list).

It helps if you start writing down 2 lists of needs & wants. Then start looking at the least expensive bundles in a category, then figure out what you still need ala carte.
Do you check your reverse T3?

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
I've always gone to my doc, he's pretty chill about the drugs and only wants to keep your markers in a good range. Costs me about $35 for a full panel with insurance

I've heard LabCorp is great, quest had to stick me 5 times before getting any blood out of me

L_G_P*P*

Awards

Not sure if anyone heard of www.ultalabtests.com but they seem to have the best prices + 20% off promo code MYHEALTH
MYHEALTH doesn't work. ENDOFSUMMER seems to do the trick. 20%