What should I do?

Skinnydude93

Skinnydude93

Awards
I'm 21 years old and I've never really worked out before. I'm trying to take on 47 pounds to make me 205. I figured that is a good lean size at 6 foot. I'm currently eating everything in site and keeping a track of my calories daily. I'm averaging 3480 a day, I haven't kept track of carbs or protein. I know it is like 2500 calories for one pound of fat..or something like that. Anyways, I just joined a gym yesterday and I'm serious about getting big. I don't wanna do any PHs or Roids, so am I on the right track? I have Mass Peak, but no Creatine.

-Mason

msrider

msrider

Awards
I'm 19 years old and I've never really worked out before. I'm trying to take on 47 pounds to make me 205. I figured that is a good lean size at 6 foot. I'm currently eating everything in site and keeping a track of my calories daily. I'm averaging 3480 a day, I haven't kept track of carbs or protein. I know it is like 2500 calories for one pound of fat..or something like that. Anyways, I just joined a gym yesterday and I'm serious about getting big. I don't wanna do any PHs or Roids, so am I on the right track? I have Mass Peak, but no Creatine.

-Mason
You just wake up one day and look in mirror and say I wanna get Big?

Skinnydude93

Skinnydude93

Awards
You just wake up one day and look in mirror and say I wanna get Big?
Nah. I've always wanted too but never got to it. I'm not trying to be like a bodubuilder, more like a baseball player, I guess. That's the best example.

msrider

msrider

Awards
Nah. I've always wanted too but never got to it. I'm not trying to be like a bodubuilder, more like a baseball player, I guess. That's the best example.
Canseco! Lol! I'm glad your getting into it. Nothing better than smashing weights and watching your body grow.

So what's the ?

Skinnydude93

Skinnydude93

Awards
Canseco! Lol! I'm glad your getting into it. Nothing better than smashing weights and watching your body grow.

So what's the ?
Is there anything else I need to do other than eat, eat, lift heavy, sleep, and eat some more.

JoeySon

JoeySon

Banned
Awards
Hop on a proven plan. I know when I first started I would just walk around the gym and jerk off to a bunch of random pointless exercises. Let somebody take all the guess work out for you in the beginning.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Don't train chest every ****ing day...that won't help you grow. Do a body part everyday, or something like that.

Ask questions to people you see at the gym (without being a nuisance)

Eat good clean food, and just have fun. At your age growth is gonna happen big time, but remember Rome wasn't built in a day, set goals whether they be monthly, or bi monthly and always work towards them!!!

Pypp

Pypp

Awards
  • Established
You don't have to lift heavy to see good results either. I never bench more then 135 for example and I look like I can bench a lot more. Switch from lifting heavy to lifts with many reps (still a good amount of weight though.)

Also form is the most important. Google proper form for workouts that you do so you don't have any injuries and work more muscle.

Have good range of movement as well. You will be working the whole muscle this way.

Good luck in your fitness journey! Also take a before picture, so this summer when you look at it you'll see how far you've gotten.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just have to say the baseball player comment made me laugh haha. It is definitely the any body type sport.

Like others have said find a solid program like Wendlers 531 and follow it for a little while. Pictures are a great idea. Personally for diet I like Carb Back Loading.

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
Just train heavy and often, and stay with that high calorie diet...for a long time. 50 lbs naturally will take several years. Ive seen it happen though with some powerlfting buddies of mine. One kid started at 155 and 1 year later he was 205 no kidding, craziest thing Ive ever seen...but he trained his butt off and ate everything in site for a whole year.