What martial art suits u da best ???

SELFofGOD

SELFofGOD

Awards
ATTN : THE BELOW IS FOR LOLz PURPOSES ONLY. NOT INTENDED FOR ANYTHN ELSE FOKERS !!!

So just off the top of my head here are some martial arts styles with a short discreption 2 help you figure out what suits u da best..........
KUNGFU FIGHTING B!@TCHES !!!!

AIKIDO : If you like the cult like theme and like to dance in circles.

TAEKWONDO : If you wanna be a movie star & had ur nutts removed.

KUNGFU : If your a skinny lil foker & dont look 2 stupid in that outfit.

KARATE : If you wanna hit things that dnt hit back.

KENPO : If you cant decide between the last 2.

JUDO : If you wanna use your extra weight in your favor.

JIUJITSU : If you like the idea of grappln but not too homo.

GRACIE JIUJITSU : See above but yes to homo.

NINJITSU : If you still read comic books and live in da basement.

JEETKUNDO : If you wanna learn nuttn & be like wadew.

MUAY THAI : If you liked kickboxer & Tong Po

SUMO : If youve givin up on dietn.

SAVATE : If you like the french and tight spandex.

ESKRIMA : If you allways wanted 2 play with wood....er

KENDO : If u wanna b da last samurai

CAPOEIRA : If u allways wanted 2 b a break dancer.

Well thas all 4 now i know i left out lotts feel free to help out. :rasp:

THE ABOVE WAS BROUGHT 2 U BY DAWHOINDAWHATNOW AND BY NO MEANS SHOULD B TAKEN SERIOUSLY FOKERS

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ha!

Being serious...

Krav Maga
Muay Thai

...I trained Muay Thai for a while, as well as some Brazilian Ju-ju. Always wanted to study Krav Maga but never found a good place for it. :(

Maybe I should just become an Israeli and join their forces.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I prefer a mix of Tim-fu and Tim-jitzu. They're similar, but the latter only occurs on Tuesdays. Both fighting methods involve lightning fast moves which are so fast that the can no be seen. For example, I fight you... You see me in my recliner, I look over at you, and the next thing you know all you want to do is give up and run away. Then you die.

Simple

Effective

TiM-

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
muay thai/boxing and No-Gi grappling.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ugh..Gi hater. no better way to build a monster grip!
aha I have nothing against Gi, I use just perfer No Gi lol

For the monster grip, thats what FatGripz are for :bigok:

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
aha I have nothing against Gi, I use just perfer No Gi lol

For the monster grip, thats what FatGripz are for :bigok:
pshhh fancy barbell attachments. nothing tears apart your forearms like some good old fashioned Gi rollin and gi pullups. just like royce in early UFCs, sickly looking 170 lb guy but when he closed that distance it was over

no gi is fun too though. what i dont like is when i go to no gi tournaments, its just a bunch of wrestlers that never even do gi events. then they just wrestle wrestle for full 5 minutes, dont even attempt submissions. they might as well show up wearing headgear and ringworm cream

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
pshhh fancy barbell attachments. nothing tears apart your forearms like some good old fashioned Gi rollin and gi pullups. just like royce in early UFCs, sickly looking 170 lb guy but when he closed that distance it was over

no gi is fun too though. what i dont like is when i go to no gi tournaments, its just a bunch of wrestlers that never even do gi events. then they just wrestle wrestle for full 5 minutes, dont even attempt submissions. they might as well show up wearing headgear and ringworm cream
Well royce used GI for his grip and hughes used fat gripz, so I'll stick with the fat gripz LOL

Well in Canada I don't see a lot of people doing that in the no-gi tournaments, but I was told there are a lot more wrestlers in the U.S and 4 guys from the mma gym I train at entered the Grapplers Quest comp in boston just this past weekend and they said there were lots of wrestlers there doing just that.

I like the 10th planet jiu jitsu style of No-Gi grappling, there stuff is pretty sick.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I like the 10th planet jiu jitsu style of No-Gi grappling, there stuff is pretty sick.
you ever try their stuff? rubber guard is not my thing, my knees dont like bending like that. i use the lockdown all the time in half guard and ive done the old school sweep and plan B. ive even done the twister before, youtube Eddie bravo twister its an awesome video series.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you ever try their stuff? rubber guard is not my thing, my knees dont like bending like that. i use the lockdown all the time in half guard and ive done the old school sweep and plan B. ive even done the twister before, youtube Eddie bravo twister its an awesome video series.
I'm all about the rubber guard. It throws every guy that I train with because I have really big thighs for my size and can bend in every direction and find someway to slide in a knee and re-establish my guard.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I'm all about the rubber guard. It throws every guy that I train with because I have really big thighs for my size and can bend in every direction and find someway to slide in a knee and re-establish my guard.
ive never spent much time on it to be honest. i got a brazilian teacher so he doesnt care about it haha. hes got a sick X guard though as well as de lariva, i dont know if you guys train traditional styles.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive never spent much time on it to be honest. i got a brazilian teacher so he doesnt care about it haha. hes got a sick X guard though as well as de lariva, i dont know if you guys train traditional styles.
I do, but, honestly, my desire for the fancy guards is gone. I've never had any intentions of doing BJJ for grappling competitions and they are useless in a fight.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I do, but, honestly, my desire for the fancy guards is gone. I've never had any intentions of doing BJJ for grappling competitions and they are useless in a fight.
true, but i never grapple if i fight anyway. put a guy in a triangle once after someone pushed me down, guy turns blue and goes out..as soon as im about to let the triangle go someone kicks me in the face

street fight - muay thai all the way, or ive done a quick double leg and gnp the kid in 2 seconds. yours would probably be more effective, being a wrestler and all

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
true, but i never grapple if i fight anyway. put a guy in a triangle once after someone pushed me down, guy turns blue and goes out..as soon as im about to let the triangle go someone kicks me in the face

street fight - muay thai all the way, or ive done a quick double leg and gnp the kid in 2 seconds. yours would probably be more effective, being a wrestler and all
I meant in a cage/ring. The risk of a 2nd degree felony is not worth it to fight outside of that venue.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
I meant in a cage/ring. The risk of a 2nd degree felony is not worth it to fight outside of that venue.
yeah, sometimes u just have to though. anytime i go out i see some sort of an altercation. i never get involved but if its my friends getting hit i gotta get in there

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, sometimes u just have to though. anytime i go out i see some sort of an altercation. i never get involved but if its my friends getting hit i gotta get in there
The only 2 friends I go out with are a dude that fights at LHW and a 300 lb mastadon. Not many altercations come our way.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
lol definitely safe with a mastadon by your side

SELFofGOD

SELFofGOD

Awards
You have offended me and the Shaolin Temple........gonna go eat me some rice now and catch me some afghan flys with me chopstix fokers.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
For 12 years, I did kwon and jiujit ...I miss those days but from 12-24 was more than enough for me...

AtlasEnduring

AtlasEnduring

Banned
Awards
Ha!

Being serious...

Krav Maga
Muay Thai

...I trained Muay Thai for a while, as well as some Brazilian Ju-ju. Always wanted to study Krav Maga but never found a good place for it. :(

Maybe I should just become an Israeli and join their forces.
They actually allow private service I think with the IDF.

For 12 years, I did kwon and jiujit ...I miss those days but from 12-24 was more than enough for me...
I wish I grew up fighting, I am about 24 now and looking for somewhere to start learning Brazilian Juji, or something else for doing MMA for the experience and black eyes for a few years ^.^

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For me personally I was a wrestler for years and a wrestling coach. I dabbled in other things throughout the years,but wrestling was always my base so to speak. As a kid I loved it as it was the one area where I was allowed to be aggressive and slam people :)

(I had a little aggression problem when I was younger)

I have always liked Krav Maga and Pankration(very early MMA IMO). KM is intriguing as it is not what many expect it to be.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
They actually allow private service I think with the IDF.

I wish I grew up fighting, I am about 24 now and looking for somewhere to start learning Brazilian Juji, or something else for doing MMA for the experience and black eyes for a few years ^.^
It was ok but missed many things also...i was doing to much, martial arts, basketball and I was/am a computer prog guy so I did kind of wish I had more time while growing up to spend with family and friends....by the time I quit everything and focused on nutrition and engineering, my mom was pretty sickly and pops had gotten pretty old.

Kind of regret those early years but it is what it is.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Ha!

Being serious...

Krav Maga
Muay Thai

Those would be my top 2 picks as well but Muay Thai first. If you need to defend yourself in real life these skills will be very helpful. I always hated being on the ground rolling around with another guy. If he happens to take me to the ground and he has skills ohh well. Some simple self defense where you learn to counter weapon attacks would be a very good addition for the street.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Those would be my top 2 picks as well but Muay Thai first. If you need to defend yourself in real life these skills will be very helpful. I always hated being on the ground rolling around with another guy. If he happens to take me to the ground and he has skills ohh well. Some simple self defense where you learn to counter weapon attacks would be a very good addition for the street.
hey man almost every fight ends up on the ground. i love muay thai and recently ive been doing more and more of it but i wouldnt trade my jiujitsu base for anything. just with the little standup skills that i have so far i can close the distance, get a takedown or underhooks, and get a quick arm triangle or just dominant position. it works everytime if someone swings wildly you can just double leg them. plus by training ground you develop a monster grip and a gnarly set of ears to show off at parties!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey man almost every fight ends up on the ground. i love muay thai and recently ive been doing more and more of it but i wouldnt trade my jiujitsu base for anything. just with the little standup skills that i have so far i can close the distance, get a takedown or underhooks, and get a quick arm triangle or just dominant position. it works everytime if someone swings wildly you can just double leg them. plus by training ground you develop a monster grip and a gnarly set of ears to show off at parties!!
I've drained my ears so many times now...

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
hey man almost every fight ends up on the ground.
Well if you can defend the take down effectively it doesn't have to go there. That's where Muay Thai comes in handy. Knee to the head or kick to the face once a person lunges at you. When I was younger I had a real situation where this guy tried to take me down and he suffered big time. There's a certain person named chuck laddell that's been pretty succesful at this. I am however not saying that ground skills don't come in handy in many situations.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well if you can defend the take down effectively it doesn't have to go there. That's where Muay Thai comes in handy. Knee to the head or kick to the face once a person lunges at you. When I was younger I had a real situation where this guy tried to take me down and he suffered big time. There's a certain person named chuck laddell that's been pretty succesful at this. I am however not saying that ground skills don't come in handy in many situations.
You realize that worked for him because he wrestled at the D-1 level, right?

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
exactly. at some point or another he had to roll around with other dudes lol

i understand the point about quick knee to stuff the takedown but thats not a high percentage strike..unless you are Jose Aldo. i understand your personal real life example but there are tons of other situations where you simply dont have enough room to throw an accurate knee or head kick. thats where rolling with other men (wrestling/bjj) comes very handy.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Yes, but I think he will be known primarily as a stand up striker. Maybe it's just me and I'm old fashion but if a man fights I think it should be standing up.

simply dont have enough room to throw an accurate knee or head kick. thats where rolling with other men (wrestling/bjj) comes very handy.
How would you compare the ring vs real life fighting?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, but I think he will be known primarily as a stand up striker. Maybe it's just me and I'm old fashion but if a man fights I think it should be standing up.
You missed the point. Because he was a great wrestler, he was able to prevent a takedown and dictate where the fight goes.

Couture just showed what an elite boxer will be able to do against a wrestler and it's a fight. Who cares if it's standing or on the ground? I've found that people that say that have no clue about grappling and how it's amongst the oldest martial arts out there.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established

How would you compare the ring vs real life fighting?
the ring could be similar to real life fighting. but like i said, in real life you might not have the room to back up a couple feet to throw that kick, etc. cage to real life example: even guys with great wrestling get taken down if their back is against the cage/wall/bar/bathroom door. no matter how quick your muay thai is, if i am a trained grappler i will most likely get an opportunity to grapple.

point of my arguement is that you cant dismiss grappling/bjj. as silly as it looks (to some) it provides very valuable skills for a fight. ive been able to very very quickly get to mount against people who are untrained in grappling and everyone knows the fight is pretty much over once you get mount on the street.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
You missed the point. Because he was a great wrestler, he was able to prevent a takedown and dictate where the fight goes.

Couture just showed what an elite boxer will be able to do against a wrestler and it's a fight. Who cares if it's standing or on the ground? I've found that people that say that have no clue about grappling and how it's amongst the oldest martial arts out there.
Point taken. I however did learn to defend the take down from my muay thai instructor. Before the MMA thing blew up. It was crazy, I used to pay $50 a month for training 2-3x a week. Then UFC blew up and popularity of MMA grew and prices sky rocketed.

Your right I have no clue about grappling but I still think a man should fight standing up ;) Like I said that's just me.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
point of my arguement is that you cant dismiss grappling/bjj. as silly as it looks (to some) it provides very valuable skills for a fight. ive been able to very very quickly get to mount against people who are untrained in grappling and everyone knows the fight is pretty much over once you get mount on the street.
Yea, we saw what happend when couture beat lidell. Like I said I definetly see it's value.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Your right I have no clue about grappling but I still think a man should fight standing up ;) Like I said that's just me.
I knew you were James Toney!

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I knew you were James Toney!
Haha, I don't watch mma much these days if at all but I was interested in that fight. The guy was incredibly out of shape, I don't think it would have changed the outcome but maybe it would have prolonged his defeat if he came in a shape other then round. It was a poor match up and I think it was embarrissing to the integrity of the UFC. I think They should of put couture against philly's own Bernard (The executioner) Hopkins. They are both up in age and both one of the Elite's in their sport. Now that would have been interesting!

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
Haha, I don't watch mma much these days if at all but I was interested in that fight. The guy was incredibly out of shape, I don't think it would have changed the outcome but maybe it would have prolonged his defeat if he came in a shape other then round. It was a poor match up and I think it was embarrissing to the integrity of the UFC. I think They should of put couture against philly's own Bernard (The executioner) Hopkins. They are both up in age and both one of the Elite's in their sport. Now that would have been interesting!
our school has both MT and boxing if you wanna train sometime. just over the bridge in south jersey (blackwood). from what ive heard the past couple years its a whole lot cheaper than philly schools.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
our school has both MT and boxing if you wanna train sometime. just over the bridge in south jersey (blackwood). from what ive heard the past couple years its a whole lot cheaper than philly schools.
That's a bit too far from me. I've looked briefly in the area as I might have interest to get back in it sometime but not sure when that will be. I used to train a the hatfield martial arts academy years ago. They had jiu jitsu at the time and Muay Thai. Now they seem to be doing everything. MMA.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I've studied Muay Thai, Brazilian Jujitsu, boxing, kickboxing, wrestling in high school, and Marine Corp Martial Arts.

My favorite is boxing and Brazilian Jujitsu... or maybe kickboxing. Nah, I like them all the same. :) I'm really easy to get along with though, so I haven't had to use them much at all, but my wife's brother just moved in with us and one of his friends is really starting to make me angry.

SELFofGOD

SELFofGOD

Awards
I've studied Muay Thai, Brazilian Jujitsu, boxing, kickboxing, wrestling in high school, and Marine Corp Martial Arts.

My favorite is boxing and Brazilian Jujitsu... or maybe kickboxing. Nah, I like them all the same. :) I'm really easy to get along with though, so I haven't had to use them much at all, but my wife's brother just moved in with us and one of his friends is really starting to make me angry.
LMAO

DO IT MAN DO IT !!! KICK HIS ARSE !!!!

Ya know u wanna try out some sh!t lol :saevilw:

SELFofGOD

SELFofGOD

Awards
FOCK !!!

I cant believe I agree with FLAW " MEN SHOULD FIGHT STANDING UP "

Dam uuu

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I cant believe I agree with FLAW " MEN SHOULD FIGHT STANDING UP "
Correct me if I'm wrong but soldiers fight standing up? I think there's something honorable about it.

SELFofGOD

SELFofGOD

Awards
oh cr@p dnt get me going on what the military teaches " soldiers " for hand 2 hand combat............

but yeah i still agree

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Also a soldier fights in the real world where the opponent is trying to kill you, not trying to beat you up. When someone is out for blood and there's No rules, no ref to stop the fight, and anything goes there's a big difference. One time a kid in high school hit me with a hammer, he was aiming for my knee but missed and hit my quad. I litteraly thought he was trying to kill me and Fight or Flight kicked in. I'm so glad other guys in my class pulled me off him cause I lost it. I can only imagine what a soldier feels and goes through on a regular basis.

SELFofGOD

SELFofGOD

Awards
Also a soldier fights in the real world where the opponent is trying to kill you, not trying to beat you up. When someone is out for blood and there's No rules, no ref to stop the fight, and anything goes there's a big difference. One time a kid in high school hit me with a hammer, he was aiming for my knee but missed and hit my quad. I litteraly thought he was trying to kill me and Fight or Flight kicked in. I'm so glad other guys in my class pulled me off him cause I lost it. I can only imagine what a soldier feels and goes through on a regular basis.
lol um.....Long bouts of boredom with Peaks of different emotional xtreams ....being on gear dnt help either lol