Welcome to Hell(adrol) Army Guy style (sponsored)

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
Yea next week is.when it should hit you hard, just picked up a gram of Halo myself :)

Congrats on the 20yr sobriety Dream 18 months here

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea next week is.when it should hit you hard, just picked up a gram of Halo myself :)

Congrats on the 20yr sobriety Dream 18 months here
Congrats...

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok guys, thanks for those who just joined! and thanks all for the support!

been 5 days on the Hell(adrol) ;) so here is what I am seeing:

Thus far I am liking this. It takes me usually about 10 days to feel the effects of many supps. However, I am already feeling a bit fuller in my workouts, and the pump I had today after lifting was the best it has been in months! This is usually the first step for me when feeling supps. Also I am noticing a bit more leanness around the lats area, for some reason this is where I see leanness first....
All and all extremely happy and my brothers next week is going to simply be insane!!!

today's lift. I actually had 2 of my cadets with me who wanted some pointers. One is an MMA fighter who competes amateur here in Utah. He is ripped though. The other guy is a self proclaimed "Stud" which usually means he is not. So not a lot of volume today, but I was coaching so I give myself that as my bye...

Military Press (all of these done slow while I talked them through each rep while I performed them)
135 x 6 (did 6's) 155x6 - 185x6 - 135x15 burnout

Incline Flies
50's x 6 - 60's x 6 - 70's x 6 - Drops 35's x 10

Dips
BW x 10 - +45 x 6 - +70 x 6 - +90 x 3 (missed the last few.. CRAP!!!!)

Alternating Curls
40's x 6 - 50's x 6 - 60's x 3 (stopped here and showed them that my form was slipping and that it was OK to drop the weight down at this point) 50's x 6 DROP 25's x 15

And then we had to go because a class was coming in... not that bad. Weight will start going heavy in another week or so. Will be nice to be curling those 70's again. and then to move on to the 80's by the end of this cycle. That will be a new PR for this Army Guy!!!
Nice workout AG! Glad you're liking the Hella so far :)

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
Great stuff major, just caught up been away for a few days! Will be really interesting to see where you're at two weeks in!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh yah way out of control... Clean and sober 20 years this coming April..:shysmile:
That is awesome Doug!!!! I think you found a much better vise then booze to take its place if I do say so myself. :shysmile:

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Thus far I am liking this. It takes me usually about 10 days to feel the effects of many supps. However, I am already feeling a bit fuller in my workouts, and the pump I had today after lifting was the best it has been in months! This is usually the first step for me when feeling supps. Also I am noticing a bit more leanness around the lats area, for some reason this is where I see leanness first....
All and all extremely happy and my brothers next week is going to simply be insane!!!

today's lift. I actually had 2 of my cadets with me who wanted some pointers. One is an MMA fighter who competes amateur here in Utah. He is ripped though. The other guy is a self proclaimed "Stud" which usually means he is not. So not a lot of volume today, but I was coaching so I give myself that as my bye...

Military Press (all of these done slow while I talked them through each rep while I performed them)

Incline Flies

Dips

Alternating Curls
40's x 6 - 50's x 6 - 60's x 3 (stopped here and showed them that my form was slipping and that it was OK to drop the weight down at this point) 50's x 6 DROP 25's x 15

And then we had to go because a class was coming in... not that bad. Weight will start going heavy in another week or so. Will be nice to be curling those 70's again. and then to move on to the 80's by the end of this cycle. That will be a new PR for this Army Guy!!!
Leave it to the major to be showing up the local "stud". I am sure he was a little humbled while you talked him through how to lift while lifting heavy no less.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Incline Flies

Dips

Alternating Curls

Way to go AG. When I took a weight lifting class in college, I was basically the general personal trainer. I spent all my time training other people and no time lifting in that class.

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
i love that video vol. i made everyone at work watch it and couldn't stop laughing. ag, you up at hill afb? i'm in west valley, nice to see a fellow utahn on here.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Dips +90? I have trouble with BW dips haha

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dips +90? I have trouble with BW dips haha
What u gotta change that my friend. I can do reps with 90 pounds and I already weigh a lot lol.

Good workout AG even while babysitting :numbered:

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I dont have a weight belt :(

I see people repping out more weighted pullups than i can do regular pullups too *sigh*

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats big inspiration to me. Got me just about 6 months!!!
3 years and 3 months totally sober here. And lovin' every minute of it. :woohoo:

Congrats to all you guys.
Congrats guys, today is the most important day to be sober, whether you're 20 years or 6 months, today is what matters...

That's why I throw it out there once in awhile, you never know who's watching...:006:

Yah TG I love being sober...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I dont have a weight belt :(

I see people repping out more weighted pullups than i can do regular pullups too *sigh*
Just put the dumbbell between your legs down buy the knee bend your knee and cross your feet to lock it in there. I have done this with up to 100 lb dbs. I take a dumbbell to the dip bar stand up on the platform put the db in there brace on the dip bars with my hands and let my legs swing to the middle then dip. You can do the same with pull ups but I normally just stand the dumbbell on it's end and hook it with my feet.
remove that tattoo...you don't deserve it :numbered:
LOL!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Army great workout, nice numbers for moving slowly and schooling the children. So what did they have to say about your training session?

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeh nice job man with the workout and to be able to teach these guys too! Man you got a lot more patience than me!! Anyways great job

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
thanks Guys!!!! And congrats on you all who posted your sober numbers. I am actually sober 36 years and counting. Actually never tasted the stuff, and am grateful for it!

Ok I am ready to be flogged... my eating over the weekend was purely epic, but not from a BBing perspective!!!! here is a quick lay down
Saturday night
Gourmet Burgers (and I mean the best homemade burgers ever) with homemade fries and dipping sauce. The bacon and avocado was to die for!!
Sunday
Homemade banana, peanutbutter, and chocolate chip muffins (so light and delicate!!!)
Homemade Strawberry muffiins (2 kids said they were the best thing they ever put in their mouth)
Home cured and cut bacon (taste 1 BILLION times better than store bought)
Free range scrambled eggs
Brunch
Brioche Bread (took me 36 hours to make but was worth every second... so light and flaky!!!)
left over burgers for lunch
Dinner was:
Chicken Parmesan on a bed of pasta with the most divine tomato sauce EVER made lathered on top
Avocado Salad
Desert
home made pumpkin pie (I am talking we cooked the pumpkins ourselves too)

needless to say... I was in carb induced heaven!!!!

Ok so today's lift...
Done with a cadet who wanted more pointers...
did a 10-8-6-4 lift today

Flatt BB Bench
135 - 225x8 - 255x6 - 275x4 - Droped to 185x20
was light yes, but did coaching...
Wide grip Lat pulls
140x10 - 200x8 - 220x6 - 260x6 - 280x3
Dropped immediately to Face Pulls with the rope
2 sets @ 100 for 12 reps each. Showed him how to do these nice and slow and to flex that upper back lower rear delt to get the full effects.
Skull Crushers
75x10 - 115x8 - 135x6 - 165x4 (PR!!!) 135x10 (this last set was done on the flat bench)
Preacher Curls
75x10 - 95x8 - 115x6 - 125x3 (couldn't pull that last one :thinking: )
Front Raises using DBs
25's x 10 - 35's x 8 - 40's x 6 - 45's x 4

then we went and did some abs. All in all not bad, and doing 165 on skulls was amazing and just heavy as crap!!!!

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks Guys!!!! And congrats on you all who posted your sober numbers. I am actually sober 36 years and counting. Actually never tasted the stuff, and am grateful for it!

Ok I am ready to be flogged... my eating over the weekend was purely epic, but not from a BBing perspective!!!! here is a quick lay down
Saturday night
Gourmet Burgers (and I mean the best homemade burgers ever) with homemade fries and dipping sauce. The bacon and avocado was to die for!!
Sunday
Homemade banana, peanutbutter, and chocolate chip muffins (so light and delicate!!!)
Homemade Strawberry muffiins (2 kids said they were the best thing they ever put in their mouth)
Home cured and cut bacon (taste 1 BILLION times better than store bought)
Free range scrambled eggs
Brunch
Brioche Bread (took me 36 hours to make but was worth every second... so light and flaky!!!)
left over burgers for lunch
Dinner was:
Chicken Parmesan on a bed of pasta with the most divine tomato sauce EVER made lathered on top
Avocado Salad
Desert
home made pumpkin pie (I am talking we cooked the pumpkins ourselves too)

needless to say... I was in carb induced heaven!!!!

Ok so today's lift...
Done with a cadet who wanted more pointers...
did a 10-8-6-4 lift today

Flatt BB Bench
135 - 225x8 - 255x6 - 275x4 - Droped to 185x20
was light yes, but did coaching...
Wide grip Lat pulls
140x10 - 200x8 - 220x6 - 260x6 - 280x3
Dropped immediately to Face Pulls with the rope
2 sets @ 100 for 12 reps each. Showed him how to do these nice and slow and to flex that upper back lower rear delt to get the full effects.
Skull Crushers
75x10 - 115x8 - 135x6 - 165x4 (PR!!!) 135x10 (this last set was done on the flat bench)
Preacher Curls
75x10 - 95x8 - 115x6 - 125x3 (couldn't pull that last one :thinking: )
Front Raises using DBs
25's x 10 - 35's x 8 - 40's x 6 - 45's x 4

then we went and did some abs. All in all not bad, and doing 165 on skulls was amazing and just heavy as crap!!!!
Nice numbers...........on the calories that is!! LMAO You're tempting me with all that home-cooking. I just can't allow myself to climb over 10% bodyfat ever again. Vanity is very motivating. ha ha

Actually, in total honesty, my workout was so spectacular yesterday, that I treated myself to a little cheat-eat!!! Tacos.......and not just a couple either.

I also like that rep scheme you and the cadet used. Franco Colombu used to utilize something similar. He'd do 8-6-4-2 and he was insanely powerful.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Damn that food sounds good.

I love tacos!!

Great log btw..

12 years sober friday here as well!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Army, way to go on the carb up are you using the UD2 guidelines now also or was this just an unscheduled pig fest? Either way I am sure it did the body good. I am suffering a carb hangover. I just love my weekend carb ups. By Sunday evening I don't want to see carbs for a day or two. So the Monday after I revel in the lack of carbs. I will get some in from legumes around lunch but not much. Maybe a half a can of beans or something. Carbs for the day will be less than 50 grams of the ones I bother counting. Tomorrow I will hit up about 150-200 grams since it is a lift day.

Nice numbers...........on the calories that is!! LMAO You're tempting me with all that home-cooking. I just can't allow myself to climb over 10% bodyfat ever again. Vanity is very motivating. ha ha

Actually, in total honesty, my workout was so spectacular yesterday, that I treated myself to a little cheat-eat!!! Tacos.......and not just a couple either.

I also like that rep scheme you and the cadet used. Franco Colombu used to utilize something similar. He'd do 8-6-4-2 and he was insanely powerful.

MMMMMM Tacos, sounds yummie. That workout Franco used to do was pretty awesome. I used to really enjoy that one. He was one of my favorites. Such dense muscle if he had been 6'2" Arnold would not have stood a chance against him. Smart guy too.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Franco had a mean chest and listening to him and Arnold have a conversation (in English) back in the day, was still like watching a foreign film due to both of their thick accents.

Army Guy

Army Guy

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys. I really did enjoy that carb up. Yes Kleen my friend it was (mostly) scheduled... ;) I love to cook, so for me it is a matter of finding a balance. Like today, I am 4 days into making sourdough bread. It takes me 7 full days from start to finish, but it is worth the wait. Nothing one can buy at the store compares to it.

Agree with you all about Franco. Love that workout, and the guy is simply a beast. How would it be to train with someone like that for a while??? I can see both Kleen and TG getting great gains on that program. Simply amazing!!!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
A weekend of good food followed by heavy lifting, fantastic. That's why Monday lifts are so great. :)

Pizza and ice cream yesterday followed by leg day here. Felt awesome.

Island_Girl

Island_Girl

Awards
Oooo count me in. I'm excited to see the results you get. KTS!

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks guys. I really did enjoy that carb up. Yes Kleen my friend it was (mostly) scheduled... ;) I love to cook, so for me it is a matter of finding a balance. Like today, I am 4 days into making sourdough bread. It takes me 7 full days from start to finish, but it is worth the wait. Nothing one can buy at the store compares to it.

Agree with you all about Franco. Love that workout, and the guy is simply a beast. How would it be to train with someone like that for a while??? I can see both Kleen and TG getting great gains on that program. Simply amazing!!!
Sign me up to train with him. I love lifting with someone better than myself def motivates the sh1t out of me.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Army has been deployed...

Alright guys in case you are wondering Army has been deployed on an mission for an unknown period of time. He will be out of reach to all of us but will send me updates hopefully weekly since it will be out of his control.

Need To Build Muscle Reps... Army wanted me to apologize for the circumstances, and assure you that he is going to continue taking the products and giving me feed back on it but as you can see it will be in chunks.

On a personal note:
I would personally like to thank Army for his sacrifices. With his family and everything here at home he can get called up at any time for a mission and have to leave immediately as happened with this situation. We are lucky to have a rare breed of man such as Army to do what needs to be done to keep our country safe in spite of what HE has going on in HIS life, he lays that aside and heeds his call of duty. He is a true American hero and we are lucky to have him in our AM community. Come home safely Brother where ever you are.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My best wishes for a safe return as well....

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wish him a safe return and that his family is safe.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Well i got no invite so i had to make do with my search button! kill this **** bro!!!

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright guys in case you are wondering Army has been deployed on an mission for an unknown period of time. He will be out of reach to all of us but will send me updates hopefully weekly since it will be out of his control.

Need To Build Muscle Reps... Army wanted me to apologize for the circumstances, and assure you that he is going to continue taking the products and giving me feed back on it but as you can see it will be in chunks.

On a personal note:
I would personally like to thank Army for his sacrifices. With his family and everything here at home he can get called up at any time for a mission and have to leave immediately as happened with this situation. We are lucky to have a rare breed of man such as Army to do what needs to be done to keep our country safe in spite of what HE has going on in HIS life, he lays that aside and heeds his call of duty. He is a true American hero and we are lucky to have him in our AM community. Come home safely Brother where ever you are.
:goodpost::usa::goodpost:

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
Kill that ****, and come home, sir.

What ever the Army has you doing, good luck.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It was decided that since the Major was now equivalent in strength to the Hulk and as big a bad ass as Chuck Norris (I said it, you got a problem with that!) that he should be sent over to Afghanistan to solve that problem once and for all. He is currently round house kicking Al Qaeda and then he will take care of the degenerates in Pakistan next. None of this of course will be in the news as the Major is humble in his awesomeness ;).

Be safe over there Brandon and we will keep the home front ready for your triumphant return.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
... He is currently round house kicking Al Qaeda and then he will take care of the degenerates in Pakistan next. None of this of course will be in the news as the Major is humble in his awesomeness ;). ...
One time, a whole Al-Qaeda platoon threatened to roundhouse kick the Major. Major showed the enemy his fist and they proceeded to roundhouse kick themselves, because it would be the less painful way to die!

:p

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One time, a whole Al-Qaeda platoon threatened to roundhouse kick the Major. Major showed the enemy his fist and they proceeded to roundhouse kick themselves, because it would be the less painful way to die!

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Nice, that was pretty good.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Be safe Buddy. Wish you well.
And DR.D...good one for sure!!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
God speed and safe return brother...:usa2:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to your return Major. We'll hold it down for you state-side.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take care buddy and return safely

gwls

gwls

Awards
  • Established
God speed and may he watch over you and your family major

Take care and don't do anything too dangerous!!

We're all counting on you to write a half decent review when you've finished saving the planet

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

On a personal note:
Amen. All true. He's a brave and dedicated individual.

He e-mailed me just before leaving out. He is a true warrior and my earnest prayers go with him.

Proverbs 18:10..."The name of the Lord is a strong tower: The righteous runneth into it, and is safe." :hail:

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No apologies necessary at all. Duty calls. Stay safe AG.