The list of what I take preworkout is as follows:
Alpha-GPC
Caffeine
Ephedrine
Amentomax
PN
Betaine
And I'm thinking of adding PA

I only take these things preworkout. My question is, would acidic drinks such as OJ negatively effect the performance of any of these ingredients? I use it to mix the betaine in and was just curious if acidic drinks would negate the positive effects of any of these

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No. You realize what happens when they enter the digestive system right? :D

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
No. You realize what happens when they enter the digestive system right? :D
no I do not. I just recall reading somewhere that acidic drinks messed with ephedrine negatively

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
"Orange juice, which has always been touted as a great health tonic during cold and flu season, has a low, acidic pH of around 3.4, acidifying the body and weakening the immune system. Orange juice is 10,000 times more acidic than the pH of your blood!The amount of sugar, or fructose, found in orange juice actually slow down the activity white blood cells for 3 to 4 hours! That prevents these all-important cells in our immune systems from responding, cleaning up the bacteria and garbage from what we ingest as they normally should!"

I just found this little clip. I dont think it answers your questions but i thought it might relate to this since you asked about OJ. haha

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
"Orange juice, which has always been touted as a great health tonic during cold and flu season, has a low, acidic pH of around 3.4, acidifying the body and weakening the immune system. Orange juice is 10,000 times more acidic than the pH of your blood!The amount of sugar, or fructose, found in orange juice actually slow down the activity white blood cells for 3 to 4 hours! That prevents these all-important cells in our immune systems from responding, cleaning up the bacteria and garbage from what we ingest as they normally should!" I just found this little clip. I dont think it answers your questions but i thought it might relate to this since you asked about OJ. haha
haha it doesn't but it's interesting info, kinda makes me not want to drink it any more lol